Resident Evil 5 for PS3 and X-360

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Here's the scoop, lifted from EvilAvatar.com:

"A couple of scans from a Japanese magazine showed screenshots of Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5) coming for Playstation 3 & Xbox 360."

Scans can be found at this site (In German):http://www.gamefront.de/
Direct Link to Pics: http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/updata/up46829.jpg
Direct Link to Press Release: http://www.gfdata.de/archiv07-2005-gamefront/re5.gif

All I can say, is BOOOOO. This news is no game-breaker for my eventual purchase of a Revolution, but it certainly stinks.

Haha, I was JUST about to post this!

But seriously, WTF isn't it coming out on Revolution!!
Am I the only one who likes having game series stick with one console (or company?)?!?

Resident Evil 0-4 & CV all on Gamecube, but now 5 is only on the competitors?!

BULLSH1T.

[quote name='Quackzilla']PS2 isn't even mentioned in the article, only PS3.

You should correct the topic title.[/QUOTE]

My bad. Title fixed.

Because RE5 development has started and Nintendo doesn't have dev kits, they won't even release specs or even a hint at what the controller looks like.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Haha, I was JUST about to post this!

Am I the only one who likes having game series stick with one console (or company?)?!?

BULLSH1T.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. Maybe it'll be ported over to the Revolution? My thinking is that the first generation of games for the PS3 and X-360 won't be past the capabilities of the Revolution so it should be portable.

Let's hope.

They are in the business of making money and could careless about console exculisivity. Especially since nintendo has been on a down treand recently. Think how many more copies of RE4 would have been sold if it was on all 3 systems.

Money is now the driving force behind any game.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Haha, I was JUST about to post this!

BULLSH1T.[/QUOTE]

How about what Dreamcast owners could have argued, being that the Dreamcast was the first console to which RE4 was promised to be exclusively developed for?

How about what PS2 owners could have been saying a year ago: Resident Evil 1-3 and Code Veronica on PS1/PS2, but now RE0/4 go exclusive to the Cube? This is bullshit!

Who cares? Well, except for you.

We're really starting to see a diminishing return on graphics.

None of those screen shots or renders impressed me. When I first saw RE4 shots I was floored they were in game.

These are just :| meh.

No we won't. 5 years from now will be like the equivalent to 2004-2005. Resident Evil 4 just came out in January, soooooooooo....

[quote name='evanft']No we won't. 5 years from now will be like the equivalent to 2004-2005. Resident Evil 4 just came out in January, soooooooooo....[/QUOTE]
Uh what?

[quote name='Quackzilla']Because RE5 development has started and Nintendo doesn't have dev kits, they won't even release specs or even a hint at what the controller looks like.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that there are Nintendo dev kits out there. In fact:

"Given that the Revolution development kits went out in March, a version of the game could still be in development for the mystery-shrouded console."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/20/news_6129479.html

[quote name='evanft']No we won't. 5 years from now will be like the equivalent to 2004-2005. Resident Evil 4 just came out in January, soooooooooo....[/QUOTE]

I think this is some kind of coded spy transmission.

The Red Threat is ever present. Ignore at your own risk.

[quote name='Gameboy415']But seriously, WTF isn't it coming out on Revolution![/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Nintendo doesn't particularly care about raw specs this generation, saying that Revolution will only be roughly four times more powerful than GCN. If this turns out to be true, Revolution could be seriously underpowered in comparison with 360 and PS3, and if RE5 pushes any technical boundaries next generation, Revolution might not be able to handle it.

[quote name='kill3r7']
Money is now the driving force behind any game.[/QUOTE]

What, did you think the business of making games was actually some kind of charity? The key word in that sentence is "business."

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']My understanding is that Nintendo doesn't particularly care about raw specs this generation, saying that Revolution will only be roughly four times more powerful than GCN. If this turns out to be true, Revolution could be seriously underpowered in comparison with 360 and PS3, and if RE5 pushes any technical boundaries next generation, Revolution might not be able to handle it.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that for a 1st generation game.

bread's done
Back