$50 Apple iBooks for sale in Richmond, VA area on 8/9/05!

Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing deal, let me know if anyone is goin to this and ill pay you double + shipping for 1 possibly two if u can get them.

Very old news. Also was all over the local paper/tv/radio, etc.

People are flying in from out of state to come stand in line. Plus, these are leftovers from the computers the graduating seniors passed on (every single one could be bought for $50) Im sure there are a FEW good machines, but the bulk of them arent.

500 MHz machines, 320MB RAM, 10GB HDD, wireless card... easily worth $50, I say. No, you're not playing Half-Life 2 on it, but for web browsing and word processing on the go, it's perfect. Too bad I'm on vacation that week...

Those are really slow ibooks. There also in bad condition. But they are hella cheap. If someone's in the area they should take advantage of it for themselves.

I myself am waiting for my friend's mom (she orders pcs and macs for her school district) to start the district order, so she can squeeze me in for a power book. Seriously she gets them new for a little over 500 bucks.

Guys, Im right here in Richmond VA. My sister graduated from here with one of the notebooks. These are NOT the best of the best. They took all the best ones and filtered them down to the middle schoolers. They took the rest and offered them to graduating seniors at a reduced rate.
If any of those were passed on (there were schools where 50,60,and 70% of the kids bought the machine they had) then they offered them to teachers, then admins, then to the middle schools.

What you are looking at is the dregs. Will there be some worthwhile machines? Probably. Will the bulk of them be? No.

And Im I going to stand in line and camp out overnight to sell you one for a mesely profit? Dream on.

These machines got beat on, even the "good ones". My sisters tech support was freaking awful. $50 - $75 is probably a safe amount to risk on one AS IS. Its not worth camping out for that chance tho.

I understand that these notebooks won't be in the greatest condition, but I figured I'd list it for those looking for an inexpensive laptop.

It's a cheap ass old broken ibook. I could see if these were from a business and were a year old. These were probably 400mhz 128mb 20 gig. add to that that they probably have been beaten on by kids all throughout the school for over 4 years. Now maybe the school will learn to sell the next set on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back