Genesis Cart Swap tricks

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I remember back in the day reading about how you could get cheats and other goodies by pulling out a game while the system was on and replacing it with another one quickly.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or any specific games/effects that work?

Google is a good friend of mine. Unfortunately I didn't have the magic words to find it. I found was this, which mostly referenced a passage in the Bible.

That is awesome...too bad I sold off a bunch of those games in my TL just last week! I've got a few left so it's worth a try. I would have never known.

Off the topic a bit, I remember when Blockbuster first opened in my town, I rented Road Rash for genesis and thought it was awesome, and had bought Populous a few days prior and thought it was terrible. So, logically, I decided to switch the carts! The old EA games had screws that were easily removed by a 3/8" screwdriver I believe. I returned the "Road Rash" claiming it was the wrong game, and they told me to rent another.

I still have Populous to this day.:D

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Off the topic a bit, I remember when Blockbuster first opened in my town, I rented Road Rash for genesis and thought it was awesome, and had bought Populous a few days prior and thought it was terrible. So, logically, I decided to switch the carts! The old EA games had screws that were easily removed by a 3/8" screwdriver I believe. I returned the "Road Rash" claiming it was the wrong game, and they told me to rent another.

I still have Populous to this day.:D[/QUOTE]

Yes, because stealing is awesome. :roll:

there were alot of easter eggs in atari 2600 games. some have been sought after for years and have finally been solved, i think digitalpress has a page some where on it.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Off the topic a bit, I remember when Blockbuster first opened in my town, I rented Road Rash for genesis and thought it was awesome, and had bought Populous a few days prior and thought it was terrible. So, logically, I decided to switch the carts! The old EA games had screws that were easily removed by a 3/8" screwdriver I believe. I returned the "Road Rash" claiming it was the wrong game, and they told me to rent another.

I still have Populous to this day.:D[/QUOTE]

You were cool after the PDS find, now you're not. :cry: Sorry my friend.

For some reason, people get all righteous on message boards when someone mentions ROMs, returning items to Walmart, making unfair trades, etc. They make these snide remarks like you are now ostracized from the community. I'm sure a lot of kids thought about swapping the chipboard in the NES game they rented or straight-up keeping the game. When I was a teenager, I stole hood ornaments. There, now I am forever branded a thief is the almight eyes of JoeBlow84.

What I don't understand is...

WHAT WAS THE FASCINATION WITH ROAD RASH?! Everyone and their mom liked that game. It bored me. It was just some lame motorcycle racing game where you could punch people. My freaking girlfriend loved the game. I don't get it.

PS: Populous is hella fun.

Not sure what the facination is, but what I can tell you, is Populous sucked for Genesis...

I do, however, remember RR losing some, or all, of its appeal when it was released for the 3DO for some reason.

I like how people do something stupid, brag about it, get called out on it, retort with insults, get called out on it some MORE, and then ultimately make a comment like "YA WELL U PPL R TEH LAEMS AND IM STILL COO AND I GOT AWAY WIT IT SO HELL YEA, ROAD RASH BABY" before the thread devolves into a flame war between the scrupulous and the retards.

Oh wait. That's like....EVERY FOURTH THREAD OF CAG EVER.

Remember kids, you too can be a dumbass and then deny it.

Didn't realize that CAG has turned into the Department of Homeland Security, and Id be outed as the terrorist I am for switching a video game cart in the late 80's from a corporation that took over every small mom and pop video rental store in the immediate area and across the country. Get off your high horse, Mr FBI agent. By the way, Im pretty sure Ive never encountered anyone on this website say :YA WELL U PPL R TEH LAEMS AND IM STILL COO AND I GOT AWAY WIT IT SO HELL YEA, ROAD RASH BABY..

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Didn't realize that CAG has turned into the Department of Homeland Security, and Id be outed as the terrorist I am for switching a video game cart in the late 80's from a corporation that took over every small mom and pop video rental store in the immediate area and across the country. Get off your high horse, Mr FBI agent. By the way, Im pretty sure Ive never encountered anyone on this website say :YA WELL U PPL R TEH LAEMS AND IM STILL COO AND I GOT AWAY WIT IT SO HELL YEA, ROAD RASH BABY..[/QUOTE]

Stealing generally is seen as bad by most CAG's. This is nothing new.

I absolutely hated the day that I bought a used copy of Fatal Labyrinth for Genesis only to get it home and have Spider-Man pop up on the screen when I tried to play it.

Ok, this is devolving off topic, but since we're on confessions....I swapped a PH copy of Mechassault with a rented non-PH one so I could softmod my xbox to run XBMC. I returned the PH copy, which was in far better condition than the one I kept. Where does this fall in the moral scale?

:)

I understand stealing is frowned upon, sure, but I was a kid...Thought it would be amusing to share it with some other gamers.

Fatal Labyrinth sucked by the way, probably was a good thing.

bread's done
Back