Last Movie You Saw Strikes Back

The transporter, i felt like an action flick. Next will be Salo (props to anyone who knows this film) as soon as it arrives in the mail.

[quote name='fieldkillah']The transporter, i felt like an action flick. Next will be Salo (props to anyone who knows this film) as soon as it arrives in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Have fun watching Salo. That movie is pretty sick.

Salo....wow what an amazing movie... I mean, I felt sick afterwards, but if you want to really make someone throw up in less than 20 minutes, pop that movie in! I remember having discussions with people on whether it was real or not...

[quote name='Lister']Salo....wow what an amazing movie... I mean, I felt sick afterwards, but if you want to really make someone throw up in less than 20 minutes, pop that movie in! I remember having discussions with people on whether it was real or not...[/QUOTE]

please explain
is it an import?

Spriggan - eh, an average anime movie. One of the most abysmal plots I have ever had the opportunity to watch. Some pretty cool battles in it though and you can truly see that it borrowed heavily from Akira. Animation wasn't bad either.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Some rare obscure movie that 99.9999999999% never heard of.... called "Attack Of The Clones" or something like that. ;)[/QUOTE]
Never heard of it. Is it some independent film about gay cowboys eating pudding?

As for me, last was Aguirre:Wrath of God, before was It Came From Outer Space, Cape Fear, Lady from Shanghai, Leon, Les Choristes, Citizen Kane. What a slacker. :p

I just finished watching salo, and wow, just wow. What a completely fucked up movie. Although I must say, if you think you can handle it, rent it and if people want to watch it with you warn them well ahead of time so they dont think you are fucked up in the head.

The Longest Yard - Pretty good and a great popcorn movie that you can even bring your girlfriend to instead of just going to the usual chick flick. Pretty funny and overall enjoyable..

I bought the UK dvd of Salo, but for renting try a mom and pop video store. You probably wont find the dvd, but you may find the VHS which is fine if you just want to see what the fuss is about.

The warriors. it's about a gang getting in a shitty situation in the bronx and having to fight their way back to coney island.
plenty of bad acting, cheesy lines, nonsensical plot holes and poorly choreographed fight scenes-- but I loved it!

next up-- What The *bleep* Do You Know? --something about quantum physics and a photographer.

Went on a Natalie Portman spree when I was away at a conference:

The Professional (aka Leon: The Professional *International Edition*)
Heat
Mars Attacks!
Beautiful Girls
Garden State
Closer

and then culminating with the new SW trilogy with the finale at a showing of Revenge of the Sith with some conference acquaintances.

[quote name='Zman310']Nashville

Ok, now that I'm 3 for 3 I think I can officially say that I don't like Robert Altman films.[/QUOTE]
What else have you seen? I saw MASH and thought it was very uneven. The good parts were great, but the bad parts (football game, looking in your direction) we're baaad. Short Cuts was pretty bland, but it had a couple decent moments with Nouvelle Vogue-ish weirdness, just for the sake of weirdness. Have you checked out One From The Heart yet? I read that Tom Waits did some of the soundtrack, so it might be worth checking out just for that.

The Killing Fields was last night, with today bringing Ashes & Diamonds, My Best Fiend and Kinsey. I now love Werner Herzog, and at least admire Klaus Kinski :p

[quote name='jaykrue']Went on a Natalie Portman spree when I was away at a conference:

The Professional (aka Leon: The Professional *International Edition*)
Heat
Mars Attacks!
Beautiful Girls
Garden State
Closer

and then culminating with the new SW trilogy with the finale at a showing of Revenge of the Sith with some conference acquaintances.[/QUOTE]

You are truly living the dream. :drool: :lol:

From the Salo dvd website posted earlier:

"Please note that this film contains some SERIOUS EXPLICIT SEX and VIOLENCE. Please make sure that you are over 18 before purchasing or viewing."

Uhm.. I'm not sure if I'm 18... I was born in '88..

The last movie I watched was Evil Dead: Army of Darkness, my favourite movie.
"The name's Ash. Housewares."
"This... is my boomstick! Double barrel, 12 gauge. You'll find it in sporting goods for $109.99. Shop smart! Shop S-Mart."

It doesn't get any better than skeleton hands grabbing Bruce Campbell's tongue and poking him in the eye.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Especially in Beautiful Girls and Leon. :drool: :drool: :drool: ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think Beautiful Girls is legitimately the only movie that any guy can admit being attracted to Natalie w/o being labeled a pedo since she seriously was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more mature mentally than any of the adults in it.

The Woodsman

Don't let the subject matter put you off, it's a very good, very powerful movie. Fantastic performance by Bacon, and great performances from the rest of the cast too. Highly recommended.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I just finished watching salo, and wow, just wow. What a completely fucked up movie. Although I must say, if you think you can handle it, rent it and if people want to watch it with you warn them well ahead of time so they dont think you are fucked up in the head.[/QUOTE]

I known about Salo for years but I never watched it. I know it was based on the writings of Marquis De Sade and it was brought up to date to modern times (well...the time of Nazi Germany that is).

I also know that Pier Pasolini, the director (I might have mispelled his name) was assasinated after that film. Supposely there was a someone deeply offended by the movie that it drove him over the edge to kill the director. Thats film lore and it may not be true. Still....its an interesting story.

[quote name='Xevious']I known about Salo for years but I never watched it. I know it was based on the writings of Marquis De Sade and it was brought up to date to modern times (well...the time of Nazi Germany that is).

I also know that Pier Pasaollini, the director (I might have mispelled his name) was assasinated after that film. Supposely there was a someone deeply offended by the movie that it drove him over the edge to kill the director. Thats film lore and it may not be true. Still....its an interesting story.[/QUOTE]

wow.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Spriggan - eh, an average anime movie. One of the most abysmal plots I have ever had the opportunity to watch. Some pretty cool battles in it though and you can truly see that it borrowed heavily from Akira. Animation wasn't bad either.[/QUOTE]

That movie was really hyped up to me by a friend of mine so when I saw it I was really dissapointed but it was still pretty good.

BTW, I have a hard time being attracted to natalie portman, I feel so dirty seeing as how the first times I was exposed to her were in Heat and The Professional.

On topic, watching Jackie Brown as I type this.

Here is a small section of Pasolini's Autobiography concerning "Salo":

However, his next film, 1975's Salo, o le Centoventi Giornate di Sodoma, was in many respects the most disturbing of all of his films. An adaptation of the de Sade novel set at the tail end of World War II, it depicted the atrocities suffered by a group of kidnapped boys and girls at the hands of their Nazi captors. Deemed one of the most disquieting motion pictures ever filmed, Salo was Pasolini's final work. On November 2, 1975, he was brutally murdered. After bludgeoning the director to death, his killer then repeatedly drove over the corpse in Pasolini's own Alfa Romeo. While the murderer was later speculated to be a male prostitute — one of the many street dwellers whose kind Pasolini brought to the screen with so much conviction — speculation on the mysteries of his demise continue to run rampant, and it has been noted that his death served as a tragically appropriate coda to his art. — Jason Ankeny

I thought pasolini was killed by a 17 year old boy he was trying to solicit sex from. The movie is based from the marquis de sade's book 120 days of sodom.

Tokyo Godfathers - One of the most endearing heart warming movies I have ever seen. Really hits you hard, great movie. Probably out of every Christmas story I have ever seen on television or in film, this is the best one. Truly gets a point across and is not "kiddie" in the way that it accomplishes that. Second only to Grave of the Fireflies in terms of emotionally moving this movie is. Highly recommended.

Feel free to forget what I said about One From The Heart. Turns out it's Coppola, not Altman. I got my overrated American directors mixed up!

Watched the Dirty Dozen today. Surprisingly great.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I thought pasolini was killed by a 17 year old boy he was trying to solicit sex from. The movie is based from the marquis de sade's book 120 days of sodom.[/QUOTE]

Supposely the boy knew Pasolini really well. Thats one story about Pasolini but its not necessarily true (like I said in my previous post). Its been speculated that the boy had a motive and the movie brought him over the edge.

bread's done
Back