Last Movie You Saw Strikes Back

Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith

Good movie, very happy with it. Oh to hell with it, 5 stars!

[quote name='Zman310']The vast majority. I hardly ever rent anymore; I haven't in 2 months and I don't plan on doing much (if any) in the near future. The library here has a pretty good selection, so I've got lots of free movies to keep me occupied. Still, there are plenty more they don't have, so I'll eventually have to start renting, probably online, since places like Netflix actually have a lot of the more obscure stuff I'd like to see.

And there is the problem with them not getting the Life Aquatic or season 3 of Six Feet Under in. I don't really want to pay to see them, but if it doesn't look the library's getting them in a couple of weeks, I will have to take drastic measures.[/QUOTE]
Thats cool. I dont think my library has any movies other than educational stuff. Besides the city is struggling to keep them open and I think I owe them like $0.30 from like 2001.

[quote name='spoo']Team America: World Police 4/5 Hahahaha a nice stab @ Hollywood.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wanted to like it (a lot of my friends loved it) but I give it a 2/5.

Bringing Up Baby (yet again). One of the funniest movies ever. It's a freakin' riot.

"I'll be with you in a minute, Mr. Peabody!"

AppleSeed, is one of the most beatuifuly made Anime/CG movie I've ever seen. The Entire movie is done in CG, most of the textures are hand drawn, the mix between the CG and the Anime was just seamless, it's just..amazing technically and Artisticly. The story wasn't anything new (the whole duality of man thing) but it was very well told and acted (didn't drag out at all). It's got a lot of Ghost in The shell influences (since it's based on Shirows Masamune's work) so any GITS fan should enjoy this.

The Conversation

Freakin' awesome movie. One of the best suspense/thrillers I've seen, apart from Hitchcock. Gene Hackman stars as a neurotic, paranoid loner, who works in surveillance. He's hired to tape a conversation between a nondescript man and woman, which seems pretty normal. But he suspects there may be foul play as a result, so he doesn't hand over the recording, and becomes obsessive as he tries to figure out what's going on, and stop it from happening. It really keeps you hooked, all the way through. And it's got a shockingly great finale. Everyone should see this great movie. \\:D/

Pete's Meteor....late last night....Mike Myers (and his mom from axe murderer)....never heard of it either....i was tired but watched the whole thing....wtf did i just watch?

The Age of Innocence

Not Scorsese's best, by any means, but still pretty good. The biggest problem is that it doesn't do much to really grab you or hold your interest. But, if you stick with it, it's pretty good. Interesting to see the contrasts in today's society, compared to the 1800's.

[quote name='jaykrue']My Wife Is a Gangster
My Wife Is a Gangster 2[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember bringing them up once before and you hadn't seen them yet ... unless I'm mistaken. So, what did you think of them?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I seem to remember bringing them up once before and you hadn't seen them yet ... unless I'm mistaken. So, what did you think of them?[/QUOTE]

I like the 1st one. It was schlocky enough that the storyline was believable if humorous. The 2nd one it was... meh. The "I was out but they pull me back in!" Godfather thing was played out a lil too much. Action was good though.

[quote name='jaykrue']I like the 1st one. It was schlocky enough that the storyline was believable if humorous. The 2nd one it was... meh. The "I was out but they pull me back in!" Godfather thing was played out a lil too much. Action was good though.[/QUOTE]

Some how the two movies have blended into one entity in my mind. :lol:

Do you know when 3 is going to be released?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Some how the two movies have blended into one entity in my mind. :lol:

Do you know when 3 is going to be released?[/QUOTE]

I only know that it is sometime this year and Zhang Ziyi is in it. J-Lo was rumored to play a small part in it but I don't know if it's true. Miramax has the rights so who knows? This might be the next asian genre imported - korean gangster flicks. They've already done the HK stuff so Korea seems to make sense.

[quote name='jaykrue']I only know that it is sometime this year and Zhang Ziyi is in it. J-Lo was rumored to play a small part in it but I don't know if it's true. Miramax has the rights so who knows? This might be the next asian genre imported - korean gangster flicks. They've already done the HK stuff so Korea seems to make sense.[/QUOTE]

That would be great ... although I've already seen many of them through imports. :lol:

bread's done
Back