Last Movie You Saw Strikes Back

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Terrible ending, but the action wasn't bad at all. The girlfriend wanted to see it. really it was kind of Bleh IMO, but she liked it which is always good.:D

Be Cool - 1/5 It was directed by the hack of a director F. Gary Gray. Good job fucking up a great story by Elmore Leonard by making it a talent show or 2 hour music video. Then there was the embarrassing to watch 5 min scene of John Travolta & Uma Thurman doing the Pulp Fiction Part 2 dance to the Black eyed peas. Get Shorty was done very well on the big screen but Be Cool is a disgrace like most other Leonard Movies. Don't watch it, if you want to know the story go to the library and read the book.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Do you just leave that on repeat or what? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I really should. And now that it's summer and i'm quiting my job, I may watch it onve every 2 days or so.

Laura

Aside from being a great great great movie, it has one of the best damn quotes ever.

Waldo: Either you have been raised in some incredibly rustic community, where good manners are unknown, or else you suffer from the common feminine delusion that the mere fact of being a woman exempts you from the rules of civilised conduct - or possibly both.

[quote name='modium']Laura

Aside from being a great great great movie, it has one of the best damn quotes ever.

Waldo: Either you have been raised in some incredibly rustic community, where good manners are unknown, or else you suffer from the common feminine delusion that the mere fact of being a woman exempts you from the rules of civilised conduct - or possibly both.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :applause:

[quote name='modium']Forbidden Planet

Dare I say, a great 50's sci-fi film?[/QUOTE]

The only 50's sci-fi film I've ever seen was Zombies of the Stratosphere. I was not impressed. :lol:

Of note: I didn't know Leonard Nimoy was in that film until just now when I looked it up on IMDb. :shock: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The only 50's sci-fi film I've ever seen was Zombies of the Stratosphere. I was not impressed. :lol:

Of note: I didn't know Leonard Nimoy was in that film until just now when I looked it up on IMDb. :shock: :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well, I mean, it was the first time sci-fi films got taken seriously. A lot of them are considered great/amazing/classic, like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Children of the Damned, The Thing from Another World, The Time Machine, The Blob, It Came from Outer Space, The Fly, etc. The ones I've seen, I haven't been too impressed with, aside from The Day the Earth Stood Still, which is stunning.

I saw Touch of Evil tonight. Gotta love the O-Man!

[quote name='modium']Well, I mean, it was the first time sci-fi films got taken seriously. A lot of them are considered great/amazing/classic, like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Children of the Damned, The Thing from Another World, The Time Machine, The Blob, It Came from Outer Space, The Fly, etc. The ones I've seen, I haven't been too impressed with, aside from The Day the Earth Stood Still, which is stunning.

I saw Touch of Evil tonight. Gotta love the O-Man![/QUOTE]

I've only seen two 1950s sci-fi movies (The Day the Earth Stood Still and Invasion of the Body Snatchers), but they were both great.

44793h.jpg

Beautiful and amazing, especially Macy's role.

Superman

I don't know if all of the recent quality comic book/superhero movies have spoiled me or what, but I thought it was overrated, and kind of vacuous. It just seemed to have too much fluff and wasn't fleshed out enough for my taste.
Strangely enough, even though it's 2 and a half hours long, it seemed more like 90 minutes. Very curious.

Jackass: The Movie. I'm a sucker for vapid stunts. Its like the crap I used to pull when I was a kid except with a budget. I guess its just the punk skater left in me.

Old School. I was told it's an awesome movie, but I thought it sucked. THe best part was when the main fellow goes to see his boss, and the boss's daughter is the girl he messed around with the night before.

Batman Begins -- Really Really Really enjoyed it... Might go see Episode III for a 3rd time tomorrow if my theater is participating in the free limited edition poster.

bread's done
Back