Cheap Ass Sneakers

Not to spoil the party Cheapy but theres a good chance some of those are knockoffs a la ebay.

Just kind of a "if its too good to be true it may be" warning.

I only buy my kicks B&M because you just cant trust online much these days.

[quote name='supadupacheap']
I only buy my kicks B&M because you just cant trust online much these days.[/QUOTE]

That and in store, you can actually try them on and see if you like 'em...

[quote name='supadupacheap']Not to spoil the party Cheapy but theres a good chance some of those are knockoffs a la ebay.

I only buy my kicks B&M because you just cant trust online much these days.[/QUOTE]Word. I'm not much into the sneaker scene, but, FWIW, this merchant is a "Trusted Seller".
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auctions.cgi?PAGE=static&pagenum=551

Yeah, whats up with shoes being freaky fit these days? I have a unique foot so I cant wear anything tight up top and it used to be I could wear 95% of Nikes. Now its 50/50. Odd

[quote name='Santurio']holy crap!! I never saw that. Well, I guess you can get just about anything the cheapass way if you just take the time and look.[/QUOTE]

You should know by now, cheap ass is the way to go ;):D

Not to knock cheapy's deal. I order some shoes offline one time. I did my research and everyone said to go to a certain site they have real nikes. I purchase some. then about 2 weeks later I was awoken buy the post person knocking at 7 in the morning. My shoes had arrived. In a bag they came in a priority mail bag nothing more or less. I had to sign for them. So I go to try them on and they hurt which is weird. The shoes I wear are extremely comfortable. Turns out that the whole entire shoe sole is made of wood. I shit you not wood. It had one of those cheap 89 cent foot pad insert over the wood. The shoes I paid full retail price. So I go to return them and find out that the place I bought them from does not take returns. So they went to ebay. So learn from my mistake fellow CAG's

[quote name='CheapyD']Wood? That's crazy![/QUOTE]

They shipped from Hong Kong. I was amazed. they had the rubber on the bottom but it was only a thin piece the majority of the sole was wood and it was able to be removed from the shoe as well.

very sad day and for some reason the shoes I wear are so damned hard to find.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Not to spoil the party Cheapy but theres a good chance some of those are knockoffs a la ebay.

I only buy my kicks B&M because you just cant trust online much these days.[/QUOTE]

My kicks from this guy just arrived. Authentic as hell. Another valuable addition to my overwhelming collection!

[quote name='Graystone']Not to knock cheapy's deal. I order some shoes offline one time. I did my research and everyone said to go to a certain site they have real nikes. I purchase some. then about 2 weeks later I was awoken buy the post person knocking at 7 in the morning. My shoes had arrived. In a bag they came in a priority mail bag nothing more or less. I had to sign for them. So I go to try them on and they hurt which is weird. The shoes I wear are extremely comfortable. Turns out that the whole entire shoe sole is made of wood. I shit you not wood. It had one of those cheap 89 cent foot pad insert over the wood. The shoes I paid full retail price. So I go to return them and find out that the place I bought them from does not take returns. So they went to ebay. So learn from my mistake fellow CAG's[/QUOTE]

What a great way for me to head into the weekend..

This has got to be one of my favorite posts ever.

Then Cheapys response. Classic

I mean shipping wood would be expensive and cutting it into the sole of a shoe?!?

Did the shoes feel overly heavy?

I dont know if it has just been a long day but I am not able to stop laughing at this.

Never buy from uptempoair.com I bought from them once, over a month and nothing. Didn't answer the phone and there message box was full, didn't answer e-mails either. They had a message board, and it seems there was a bunch of people who liked it, it appears it only recently became horrible. I posted on a message board asking for help and all I got was angry mods and locked topics, even though nothing else affiliated with them was getting any response. One mod repeatedly said he'd take care of it, kept saying that for about 2 weeks. I finally got an e-mail address for an uptempo employee who would respond, he said they should be there in about a week, but stopped responding when a week passed and I asked where they were. I then filled with the better business bureau, a week or so later they refunded the money and made up a lie about how they were out of the color I wanted and offered me another and I didn't respond, but I don't delete my old e-mails and there wasn't anything from them mentioning that. The thing that killed me was I wanted black ones (they were reissued 94 or 95 nike barkleys), and I passed up another site cause they were cheaper at uptempo (120 compared to 140). I ended up going with the black and blue ones at footaction (I only found 1 pair of blacks in the whole area, but it was a size 7). But even if the black ones had eventually arrived, I would have had to return them since I already bought the black and blue one (was going to return them if the black ones arrived) but I had to leave for college so I had to take them with me, and my old sneakers squeeked extremely loud so I didn't want to wear them..

Also, when I complained to the BBB about them there were a few other complaints (and a few other peopled messaged me on the boards saying they had similar problems), but when I checked a month or so later there were many, many more complaints about them.

bread's done
Back