MobiBLU 1GB/512MB Shaq-fuing Tiny MP3 Player at Walmart.com

Cyb3-rr

CAGiversary!
All colors of the 1GB (and 512MB) MobiBLU are now in stock at Walmart.com for $129.99 ($100). With tax and priority shipping (going to canada in a couple weeks :) I paid $150, but that still isn't bad.

According to Walmart.com, this item is exclusive to their website.
Added individual links, images, information -CD

0080872800127_AV6_500X500.jpg

spacer.gif

MobiBLU 1GB = $130
spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Pink

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Black

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Silver

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Blue

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Red

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player, Orange

MobiBLU 512MB = $100
spacer.gif
mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Black

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Pink

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Silver

mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Blue

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Red

spacer.gif
mobiBLU 512 MB Cube Digital Audio Player, Orange

just got back from canada 2 days ago!

thanks a bunch for finding this, op! i've been wanting this for the longest time and didn't want to import it. i love the oled screen! i've ordered one! i'm surprised that wal-mart is carrying this!

wow that is small. i imagine it would be difficult to press the buttons. cool tho

in the article cheapyD posted the reviewer states it is NOT USB 2

Since this player isn't USB 2.0, transferring music and other files will take a little longer than you may be accustomed to. I personally don't find this to be that big of a deal considering this is only a 1 GB player.

What I like is that you can use it for protable storage also. I was on the verge of picking up a 1 gig flash stick this past week... but for $50 more I can get this...

[quote name='polaricecaves']in the article cheapyD posted the reviewer states it is NOT USB 2

Since this player isn't USB 2.0, transferring music and other files will take a little longer than you may be accustomed to. I personally don't find this to be that big of a deal considering this is only a 1 GB player.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that review is for the JNC not the morbiblu although they are very similar the USB speed seems to be one of the only differences

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah that review is for the JNC not the morbiblu although they are very similar the USB speed seems to be one of the only diffserences[/QUOTE]Yes, USB 2.0 and WMA support seem to be the only differences/improvements available in the Walmart/USA version. Also, Walmart is supposed to be only retailer in the USA to carry these.

[quote name='Prepster']Does anyone know if these can be purchased at Walmart, or is it only off the site?[/QUOTE]Walmart.com says, "Exclusively at Walmart.com"

ooh...this is one of those times that i hate being broke.

one second, i always hate being broke.

that is so cool looking...

Its teh darn Ebay resellers.

These were going for around $175 on there yesterday..

I decided to wait 24 hours and then buy it if I still wanted it...

What a joke.

Another GREAT review here:

http://phonephile.blogspot.com/2005/07/hyun-won-mobiblu-dah-1500.html

The cool thing is ther are hold features, and its battery is up to 17 hours Walmart was being conservative.

Mine should arrive this weekend.

The question I have is this... Since its charged by the headphone adapter AND thats how you get information onto the player will it hurt it to plug it in for a few minutes to transfer files and then unplug it? I mean will it be bad for the battery to get short bursts of charging?

[quote name='Snake2715']Another GREAT review here:

http://phonephile.blogspot.com/2005/07/hyun-won-mobiblu-dah-1500.html

The cool thing is ther are hold features, and its battery is up to 17 hours Walmart was being conservative.

Mine should arrive this weekend.

The question I have is this... Since its charged by the headphone adapter AND thats how you get information onto the player will it hurt it to plug it in for a few minutes to transfer files and then unplug it? I mean will it be bad for the battery to get short bursts of charging?[/QUOTE]

Cool! Mrs. Cheapy's arrives on Tuesday.
You will need to find out what kind of rechargable battery it uses and if that kind of battery suffers from a "memory effect" (I think thats what its called).

Oh, and keep in mind, they aren't reviewing the Walmart version which is USB 2.0.

I would stay away from such mp3 player. Li-Ion battery is good, but when you have the one that can't be changed? There is no way I am going to touch that thing (Like my old ipod, now I have to sit that thing in its cradle to play songs. The internal Battery loses charge so quick that it's not even funny anymore).

I have seen it apart in a few reviews. I dont think there will be a battery change problem in the future.

The company cant even keep up with demand now and Walmart has run out of stock 3 times to my knowledge.

So with it being easy to take apart. It shouldnt be hard to find a battery in the future..

I am looking up info on the battery right now.

Apple allowed me to change the battery Once. And That's it. It broke in 8 months. After that Apple charges $$$ (a lot, I heard the cost of battery change is very close to buying a new Ipod). Some websites offer service to modify the IPOD so it can take AAA batteries. Maybe I am going to do that. But I dunno yet, I have too many Mp3 player, The Jmtek ones (have 2), Rio FUse 128, Rio Sport 256 + expandable, N-gage QD, PSP, Ipod.

[quote name='praystation']Apple allowed me to change the battery Once. And That's it. It broke in 8 months. After that Apple charges $$$ (a lot, I heard the cost of battery change is very close to buying a new Ipod). Some websites offer service to modify the IPOD so it can take AAA batteries. Maybe I am going to do that. But I dunno yet, I have too many Mp3 player, The Jmtek ones (have 2), Rio FUse 128, Rio Sport 256 + expandable, N-gage QD, PSP, Ipod.[/QUOTE]

Good lord..

Good thing I waited..

The funny thing is a gig is probably to small for me but I figure I will use it and spend a few more mintues updating the track lists every now and then.

Better than sporting a cd player and it will plug right into the aux jack on my car cd player, and my home theatre system..

U guys know ALL rechargeable batteries loses their "maximum capacity" overtime right? My GBA now can only last for 2 hours, My wireless homephone can last no longer than 5 minutes. and MY Ipoo only lasts for 30 minutes full charged.

I just got my MobiBLU and absolutely LOVE it. :whistle2:D I've been walking around my apartment in my underwear with it tied around my neck, heh. I couldn't even tell it was there if it wasn't for the long ipod headphone cable. One of the best purchases I've made recently. Now I can go to canada and leave my ipod at home. You can't go wrong buying one of these.

Mrs. Cheapy's arrived today. I loaded it up with music (1GB is a lot!) and she will test drive it tomorrow. I am pretty amazed by it so far.

[quote name='CheapyD']Mrs. Cheapy's arrived today. I loaded it up with music (1GB is a lot!) and she will test drive it tomorrow. I am pretty amazed by it so far.[/QUOTE]
I want one... but I have this horrible vision of somone mistakening it for a ice cube and putting it in their drink :cry:

I wasnt home in time on Firday to have it delivered by the Fed Ex guy.

So on Monday I got it. I really like this little cube.

A few things I wanted to mention that were never fully answered, or incorectly answered in the reviews posted.

The battery is changable. It states that right in the manual.

The 3 second 'fade in' or delay from track to track is optional. If its turned off it goes into the next song within 1 second. This was mentioned in a review.

Mine came fully charged and it appears that the battery is pretty good. I have over 7 hours of use on it now and just this morning I lost one of my three battery bars. I used it with a 1/8th in patch cable to my stereo aux input on my cars radio for the commute.

Also the thing apparently only charges when you turn the screen off. Therefore avoiding any short charges when transferring files.

I read the manual and then went to use it for a day. I thought the thing was screwing up as it didnt seem to do all the functions. I then reread sections of the book and realised that sometimes just the fast forward or rewind buttons perform certain functions and not either button. So needless to say it functions flawlessly when you are actually hitting the correct buttons (ie in the folders menu)

I ordered the blue one and it is not as "indiglo" looking as in the walmart pictures. Its more of a blue than it seems. One of the reviews posted shows the color more correctly which is why I went with the blue over the black or platinum colors..

I have had a chance to use it with 3 pairs of headphones and it does put out some pretty good sound with some good bass. I will be hooking it up to my home stereo tonight through an 1/8 to RCA patch cable to really test it out.

As of now I am very pleased. The features I wish they would add are a remote option for in car and home use. Other than that its perfect.

[quote name='CheapyD']fuck it, I just ordered an orange one. These things are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Now you have to edit your avatar pic with it hanging around your neck..

OR

Is it already there and we just cant see it due to the orange shirt?

alright alright... in reality you could have just sported around teh pink one couldnt you?

Mrs. Cheapy made a little necklace with some grey stretch cord. It looks really cute!

The MobiBLU with the Shure EC2 headphones are a great combination!

bread's done
Back