How is Arc the Lad Collection (PS1) ?

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I never played Arc the Lad Collection for PS1 and I was wondering if it's a fun game. I checked reviews and those looked good. However, I would rather have the opinions of fellow CAGs who played the game for fun.

I saw a used copy at my local Gamestop for $29.99, and the case looked to be in great shape. I doubt it has the manual or any cool extras. Is it worth it?

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Christ I just saw this one sealed on somebody's TL for $50 but this guy has it 2 :
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64436&highlight=collection[/QUOTE]

that person mostly wants a Lunar 2 complete for it. i doubt they ever get it since i seen Sealed arc the lad collections go for 50 on ebay and complete mint lunars are close to 80+

i got one for 50 bucks (still sealed) and i was able to trade for one here for a game i got at the gamecrazy 5 buck sale... Its an okay game but it gets very boring after awhile . I played it for like 10 hours before i got sick of it.

if its complete i say buy it for 30. If its disc only and you want everything wait a while and im sure you will find a new one on ebay for around 50

[quote name='slidecage']that person mostly wants a Lunar 2 complete for it. i doubt they ever get it since i seen Sealed arc the lad collections go for 50 on ebay and complete mint lunars are close to 80+

i got one for 50 bucks (still sealed) and i was able to trade for one here for a game i got at the gamecrazy 5 buck sale... Its an okay game but it gets very boring after awhile . I played it for like 10 hours before i got sick of it.

if its complete i say buy it for 30. If its disc only and you want everything wait a while and im sure you will find a new one on ebay for around 50[/QUOTE]

It had the jewel case, but I have yet to see the discs. Since the manual is hardbound, I doubt they have it.

Wow, my 1000th post! :bouncy:

It's ok, I loved it for a while when it came out, but got exhausted with at near the end of part 2. I kind of want to sell mine, but at the same time keep holding out like I'm going to finish it one day. I will say that it had a pretty decent storyline. If you like RPG's for story and aren't so hung on graphics, I'd say give it a whirl

[quote name='Kain Vincent']It had the jewel case, but I have yet to see the discs. Since the manual is hardbound, I doubt they have it.

Wow, my 1000th post! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You might just want to PM hotshiet, I think he had a complete one for sale, might as well get all the little goodies so if you ever try to sell or trade it collectors will be interested.

I thought it was awful. It's one of those strategy RPG's that's so simplistic, it doesn't require any strategy whatsoever. And the storyline is just a jumbled mess of RPG cliches.

[quote name='slidecage']also you might want to ask. I got a complete one at gamestop last month for 29.99 all the goodies was behind the shelf[/QUOTE]

I'll check into this one. Thanks slidecage.

I have it and beat all three games. Arc 1 was very short (12 - 20 hours) but helps set up the story.

Arc 2 plays more like an RPG with stratagy element. You can physically walk round towns instead of "point and click." Many people consider this one the best in the series, plus many returning characters makes the story very cool. This one takes bout 60 - 70 hous to beat.

Arc 3 was may personal favorite. It's plays like Arc the but the looks of the characters arn't super-deformed. Cool chracters and several cameos from previous games. It feels like it plays better to me. Not so much side story stuff to distact me, like Arc 2 had.

Plus tons of etra stuff like the Monster Battle Arena game and Making of Arc. Plus little cheap toy.

If you like the tactics games, and don't mind some obviously dated graphics, it's a pretty good set. The characters do have personality, and they are varied, although I generally used the same set of characters, and didn't really get too deep in the 'monster collecting' thing. They're not the most challenging of games, but they are pretty fun. I got stuck/quit near the ending of Arc 2, now that I've brought my PS1 mem card down to the PS2, I should bring Arc down and try to finish it.

bread's done
Back