fwacce is a troll and I am so damn tired of it

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Every chance this guy gets he takes stabs at me and what I do. I am so fed up with it. It's not like this guy ever does anything but troll...I am gonna quote some of his latest posts...you decide.

Anyone can do user search and see the "quality" of this guys 70 posts.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16979
Charming.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17770&start=80
Believe me, defender is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart. If there wasn't a chance of him making money down the road, he wouldn't bother.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17743
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17450
lol

It's a $4.95 starting bid, not $4.95 BIN.
Why do the mods allow these nonsense posts in this forum?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17474
I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong forum.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17432
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13297

There is a ton more but I have to run..maybe I will continue to post them...it's almost amusing. It's like he is taking trolling and taking it into an art form or something...he is just that good at it.

Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of posters on CAG whose sole purpose in being here seems to be to hate on people's deals, opinions, comments. "These deals suck", "Game is a ripoff at $1", etc for every single post.

I failed to see the humor in that. Not because it had weird religious references but because it wasn't funny.

I'm not flaming, I just didn't get it.

Defender dont let idiots like that get to you. Best to ignore them and soon they will realize they have no meaning in threads.

For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.

Let's go down your 'list'.

The first one, where I said 'Charming', was in response to this post:

of course i did. i made the bb employees my bitches today.

I felt that post was unnecessary, hence my comment. If you think that post was acceptable, then you are the one with issues.

The next one on the list... 'Believe me, defender is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart. If there wasn't a chance of him making money down the road, he wouldn't bother.'

That is a statement saying that you would not create a site unless there was the hope of making money. If this is not correct, then I'm sure there will never be one advertiser on your site. Of course there will be, and that's fine. I was just correcting someone who thought you weren't going to make any money with the site. Again, try to have thicker skin.

The !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ones were a jest at starman's continued use of !!!!!!!!! marks in his posts. I will concede that these posts may be considered trolling, but I consider them to just be a humorous jab. It shouldn't be taken seriously, as I'm sure no one else did here who had a sense of humor... Something you claim to have a lot of.

The posts about the threads being in the wrong forum were accurate. I'm not sure what you mean by posting those, so I can only assume it's because you ran out of other things to post about me.

To answer your point about contributions... While it may be true that I don't post many deals, I do go through CAG affiliate links for ALL my video game purchases. I support the site, and I'm sure CheapyD will agree that's definitely enough to keep my status here.

The fact is that you can dish it out, but you don't like anyone confronting you. You are the one who consistently says over and over how bad gamers smell who walk into your shop, and you are the biggest games dealer in the world - besides EB and Gamestop. But, when someone questions these statements, you call them trolling. I think you just don't like the fact that someone out there doesn't agree with everything you say. And, if that's correct, then you really need to grow up. The world is not always going to agree with you in everything you do.

Anyway, that's my side of the story for your 'poll'. Have a great day :)

[quote name='fwacce']For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.

Let's go down your 'list'.

The first one, where I said 'Charming', was in response to this post:

of course i did. i made the bb employees my bitches today.

I felt that post was unnecessary, hence my comment. If you think that post was acceptable, then you are the one with issues.

The next one on the list... 'Believe me, defender is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart. If there wasn't a chance of him making money down the road, he wouldn't bother.'

That is a statement saying that you would not create a site unless there was the hope of making money. If this is not correct, then I'm sure there will never be one advertiser on your site. Of course there will be, and that's fine. I was just correcting someone who thought you weren't going to make any money with the site. Again, try to have thicker skin.

The !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ones were a jest at starman's continued use of !!!!!!!!! marks in his posts. I will concede that these posts may be considered trolling, but I consider them to just be a humorous jab. It shouldn't be taken seriously, as I'm sure no one else did here who had a sense of humor... Something you claim to have a lot of.

The posts about the threads being in the wrong forum were accurate. I'm not sure what you mean by posting those, so I can only assume it's because you ran out of other things to post about me.

To answer your point about contributions... While it may be true that I don't post many deals, I do go through CAG affiliate links for ALL my video game purchases. I support the site, and I'm sure CheapyD will agree that's definitely enough to keep my status here.

The fact is that you can dish it out, but you don't like anyone confronting you. You are the one who consistently says over and over how bad gamers smell who walk into your shop, and you are the biggest games dealer in the world - besides EB and Gamestop. But, when someone questions these statements, you call them trolling. I think you just don't like the fact that someone out there doesn't agree with everything you say. And, if that's correct, then you really need to grow up. The world is not always going to agree with you in everything you do.

Anyway, that's my side of the story for your 'poll'. Have a great day :)[/quote]

quit trolling!!!!!!!!! :wink:

[quote name='fwacce']
[/quote]

I think you presume to much, fwacce. I have a feeling that if it came down to it, that CheapyD would obviously pick defender over you to remain here, considering that defender has done a great deal of coding for the site already... which vastly trumps using a few affiliate links that support the site with a paltry few dollars.

Of course, that'll probably fall on deaf ears, but it had to be said.
Don't assume that you hold a higher station in this site than you actually do.

To be fair, I didn't see him suggest that his contributions were greater than Defender's or that he would be picked over him...

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='fwacce']
[/quote]

I think you presume to much, fwacce. I have a feeling that if it came down to it, that CheapyD would obviously pick defender over you to remain here, considering that defender has done a great deal of coding for the site already... which vastly trumps using a few affiliate links that support the site with a paltry few dollars.

Of course, that'll probably fall on deaf ears, but it had to be said.
Don't assume that you hold a higher station in this site than you actually do.[/quote]

[quote name='fwacce']You are the one who consistently says over and over how bad gamers smell who walk into your shop, [/quote]

I have been in his shop and I don't smell.

CTL

lol...........i once went to gamestop and there were these guys just playin there GBA in the store and i swear the smell of BO was horrible. I couldnt believe it.

[quote name='fwacce']For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.
[/quote]

I wonder where FWACCE is from? I find myself that people love to challenge you if your from NY. Especially if they' re from the south. THey think that your as tough as they come and if they can break you, they feel better about themselves. Its either that or he's just some punk from New Jersey.

Ya i am from NYC does that mean i should people bust my balls. Since im from NYC does it mean people have the right to bother the shit out of me. i mean comon

hey i'm from the south... Akkis, i challenge you to a duel.. where i shall mentally break you down and feel better about myself... WOOT

[quote name='Cracka']hey i'm from the south... Akkis, i challenge you to a duel.. where i shall mentally break you down and feel better about myself... WOOT[/quote]

That doesn't sound very southy to me. Can't you say something more like "sir, your journey from this mortal coil shall be hastened by the hand of Dixie!"?

[quote name='Ericnmel99']I wonder where FWACCE is from? I find myself that people love to challenge you if your from NY. Especially if they' re from the south. THey think that your as tough as they come and if they can break you, they feel better about themselves. Its either that or he's just some punk from New Jersey.[/quote]

Hey I'm from Jersey and I take offense from that. I challenge you to a race down the Turnpike. If you refuse I will overwhelm you with my swampy odor (!)

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='Ericnmel99']I wonder where FWACCE is from? I find myself that people love to challenge you if your from NY. Especially if they' re from the south. THey think that your as tough as they come and if they can break you, they feel better about themselves. Its either that or he's just some punk from New Jersey.[/quote]

Hey I'm from Jersey and I take offense from that. I challenge you to a race down the Turnpike. If you refuse I will overwhelm you with my swampy odor (!)[/quote]

HE he he.....its funny cause its true. jk

blah...I think this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

I do actually ignore him but every once in a while he gets to me. I ain't saying he should be banned or anything...I just wanted to vent.

It was 9am and I just woke up so maybe I was just being cranky...whenever I see his name in one of my threads I just go ballistic.

BLAH BLAH!

I just had my cofee and some morning sex so I guess I feel much better.

I won't apologize for the thread...I will however NOT degrade this thread into a flame war. For today... I am calling a truce with fwacce.

[quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='fwacce']For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.
[/quote]

I wonder where FWACCE is from? I find myself that people love to challenge you if your from NY. Especially if they' re from the south. THey think that your as tough as they come and if they can break you, they feel better about themselves. Its either that or he's just some punk from New Jersey.[/quote]

mainly because people from New York come and rub our face into it all day long. I could run through a list, but it would be too tedious

not saying its all New Yorkers, but NC is overfilled with NY rejects.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='fwacce']For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.
[/quote]

I wonder where FWACCE is from? I find myself that people love to challenge you if your from NY. Especially if they' re from the south. THey think that your as tough as they come and if they can break you, they feel better about themselves. Its either that or he's just some punk from New Jersey.[/quote]

mainly because people from New York come and rub our face into it all day long. I could run through a list, but it would be too tedious

not saying its all New Yorkers, but NC is overfilled with NY rejects.[/quote]

Its because we are better.

And NC is where we send our rejects. :twisted:

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='fwacce']For someone who claims to be a thick skinned New Yorker, you sure do seem to let things get to you.
[/quote]

not saying its all New Yorkers, but NC is overfilled with NY rejects.[/quote]

Its because we are better.

And NC is where we send our rejects. :twisted:[/quote]

Is there anyway we can reverse shipment and send them back perm :wink:

To be fair, I didn't see him suggest that his contributions were greater than Defender's or that he would be picked over him...

I could be reading to much into it, but the meaning I took on this sentence:
I'm sure CheapyD will agree that's definitely enough to keep my status here. was that he was saying I'm here, and I'm going to say whatever I want about you, and you can't do a thing about it. The thing is, defender could do something about it. Defender does have CheapyD's ear, and what defender tells CheayD will carry a lot more weight than anything he said would.

Of course, I think after Defender's latest post, the point is rather moot.
I do think, however, that this is just another person trying to make a name for themself by picking a fight with a long time user.. the practice is fairly common on internet message boards, and CAG being an open message board will experience this every so often as well. I do wonder if he'd be so keen on picking that fight if it said MODERATOR under Defender's name instead of Technical Advisor.

It's true that people tend to have a problem with you if you are from NYC.

I was born and raised in Minnesota but I have family in NYC. So I would spend my entire summers here...well when I became an adult I moved to NYC and been here for 15 yrs...that's longer than I was in MN which was about 8. I count my roots as MN though.

So on a trip to see my best bud out there we went game store cruising. One store which I would buy about $3000 from because he had good stuff I could resell at my store for even more..well I had a relationship with the owner. So my bud an I drive over and I got a few thousand CASH in my pocket. The last time I was there the owner took me into the back and sold mee whatever I wanted and we chatted for some time. Well this time I get there and some 20 something prick is there. I tell him to call the owner if possible and tell him the guy from NY is here.

Immediately the guy catches an attitude and even starts to mock me and my accent. It was rather insulting. Here I was about to buy more shit than they sell in a week and the stupid clerk was insulting me. I more or less told him off and left never to return. Later I emailed the owner about the incident...I hope the guy got reemed out.

People either Love NYers or Hate NYers but everyone has an opinion about us.

Thank goodness I'm from the Midwest... the most telling thing about our accent is that we have absolutely no accent.

[quote name='defender']

Immediately the guy catches an attitude and even starts to mock me and my accent. It was rather insulting. [/quote]

I hear that a lot too, although I still dont know what accent these people are talking about :?:

[quote name='JSweeney']Thank goodness I'm from the Midwest... the most telling thing about our accent is that we have absolutely no accent.[/quote]

Everyone has accent...you just don't know it since it's so boring no one has pointed it out.

The MN accent wasnt made fun of or popular until Fargo. I remember my buddies mom hated that movie and how it made fun of minnesotan but truthfully she speaks like that too...that odd drawl and the "Oh YAH"..

I dunno Maybe it's because I've led a mostly sheltered life but I never seem to attract unwanted attention as a NYer. Most people constanly say I dont have an accent though so it's probably why.

Like they assume certain things from you by the way you talk.

Either way the more you ignore a troll the less he feels like he's accomplishing something due to a lack of feedback. One time I ressorted to talking about cheese just to divert a topic away from a obvious troll and he made paltry attempts to join the conversation with semi relavent information which made him look all the more sad and pathetic when people ignored his posts.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='JSweeney']Thank goodness I'm from the Midwest... the most telling thing about our accent is that we have absolutely no accent.[/quote]

Everyone has accent...you just don't know it since it's so boring no one has pointed it out.

The MN accent wasnt made fun of or popular until Fargo. I remember my buddies mom hated that movie and how it made fun of minnesotan but truthfully she speaks like that too...that odd drawl and the "Oh YAH"..[/quote]

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/General American

This is what the info at the linked site says:
General American is the supposed standard system of American English pronunciation. it was derived from a generalized Midwestern accent and is spoken particularly by many newscasters--in part because the national broadcasters preferred to hire people who spoke in this way. It is sometimes promoted as preferable to other regional accents.

I personally don't mind people from New York (my parent's are from NJ but lived for 20 years in TX before moving to Nc). Its when people flaunt it and try to make themselves seem superior because they are from Ny is where I have a problem. They come down here and act like they own the place just because they got money.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I personally don't mind people from New York (my parent's are from NJ but lived for 20 years in TX before moving to Nc). Its when people flaunt it and try to make themselves seem superior because they are from Ny is where I have a problem. They come down here and act like they own the place just because they got money.[/quote]

Yeah well I think that's what this guy assumed about me too...but truthfully. I did own the place...I had $3000 in my pocket to spend. If someone came in my store to spend 3 grand I would close the store and do a jig on the counter for the guy. It would have taken about 1 1/2 hours to spend that money. This little pissant decided that he didnt like some NYer who had more money than him. It really is all about jealousy. Many people hate NYers not because we are arrogant but because we have the right to be arrogant. If you lived in NY for 5 years you would realize that you live in the BEST city in the WORLD! I find that the people who have a problem with that A)Have never been to NYC B)Have a racial problem or C)Dont know anyone from NY

I am a proud NYer. My favorite shirt to wear when I am out of town is my official NYPD shirt. I buy them at actual police equipment stores.

Other than the Pistons, Red WIngs and Eminem (IMO), Detroit sucks. If i didnt have a billion bills to pay, my plans for a trip to NY would probably lead to me leaving MI finally...for good.

[quote name='defender']
Yeah well I think that's what this guy assumed about me too...but truthfully. I did own the place...I had $3000 in my pocket to spend. If someone came in my store to spend 3 grand I would close the store and do a jig on the counter for the guy. It would have taken about 1 1/2 hours to spend that money. This little pissant decided that he didnt like some NYer who had more money than him. It really is all about jealousy. Many people hate NYers not because we are arrogant but because we have the right to be arrogant. If you lived in NY for 5 years you would realize that you live in the BEST city in the WORLD! I find that the people who have a problem with that A)Have never been to NYC B)Have a racial problem or C)Dont know anyone from NY

I am a proud NYer. My favorite shirt to wear when I am out of town is my official NYPD shirt. I buy them at actual police equipment stores.[/quote]

Amen my brother!!!

Well, I checked into the subject on Google and boy does NY ever not come up on any "best cities" list. Unless it's automatically disqualified or something...

I came from Queens, and only moved up-state because the boroughs of NYC blow. But as soon as I can, I am moving down to NYC. I love that city.

Plus I am the only person in the world who can wander NYC for 2 hours and not find a Chinese Resturant.

I resent NYC because people not from New York(or the US) tend to forget its a fucking state and there is stuff other than a city there. As far as it being the best city, thats just personal prefrence, I was never to thrilled with NYC, but thats probaly because I just don't like big citys in general. I wouldnt say its worse than other big citys and sure it is better than some too, but the best? That's just an opinion.

bread's done
Back