Tired of Hearing About GGC

NintendoFanGirl

CAGiversary!
Is anyone tired of everyone responding to deals with the "you can get it for $5 less at BB with the GGC". Don't we all know that by now? Does every post have to have at least 1 response about that? I mean, not everyone lives near a Best Buy. Not everyone WANTS to drive to Best Buy. Not everyone is able to get a GGC at Best Buy. Some people WANT to order online so it is delivered to them (in other words, less hassle, no traffic, no gas). :bomb:

28 new people joined yesterday. 10 have already today at my last count. They may not know about the GGC, so is it so bad to inform people of it on the off chance they don't already know? I can't see any reason offering another option to people would be bad.

I see your point, but there may be those who are new to CAG and don't know what the GGC is. However, people posting it relentlessly like you said does get a bit annoying.

WhipSmart, do you always respond to my posts with sarcasm? It's kindof bizarre, if you ask me.
Anyway, I understand there are newbies but I think one sticky post in the deals forum is all that should be needed to inform newbies about the GGC. Should every new deal have a response with the GGC? I don't think so. Besides, most online retailers DON'T charge sales tax and Best Buy does. And in case some of you haven't noticed, gas is expensive. So if you think you are saving $5 with the GGC after gas, tax and the time it took to get to BB, then go for it.

I guess everyone wants to get the game as low as possible so they feel like they need to mention it. It seems to be spreading to other sites as well, on IGN I see people mention it all the time as well.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Is anyone tired of everyone responding to deals with the "you can get it for $5 less at BB with the GGC". Don't we all know that by now? Does every post have to have at least 1 response about that? I mean, not everyone lives near a Best Buy. Not everyone WANTS to drive to Best Buy. Not everyone is able to get a GGC at Best Buy. Some people WANT to order online so it is delivered to them (in other words, less hassle, no traffic, no gas). :bomb:[/quote]

I agree with you. I have 3 Best Buys near me and none of them offer the GGC, yet alone know what it is. My boyfriend even knows the guy in charge of the DVD/CD/games area, and he said that they'll never carry them again. So please, no more GGC talk. :-({|=

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']WhipSmart, do you always respond to my posts with sarcasm? It's kindof bizarre, if you ask me.[/quote]

I wasn't being sarcastic. If I can save $5 by using a coupon, I will, and I see no reason not to nor to discourage others from doing the same.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'] Besides, most online retailers DON'T charge sales tax and Best Buy does. [/quote]

It seems like that is changing though unfortunately. EBGames, Walmart, Target, ToysRUs, Circuit City all charge tax now :(

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']WhipSmart, do you always respond to my posts with sarcasm? It's kindof bizarre, if you ask me.
Anyway, I understand there are newbies but I think one sticky post in the deals forum is all that should be needed to inform newbies about the GGC. Should every new deal have a response with the GGC? I don't think so. Besides, most online retailers DON'T charge sales tax and Best Buy does. And in case some of you haven't noticed, gas is expensive. So if you think you are saving $5 with the GGC after gas, tax and the time it took to get to BB, then go for it.[/quote]

Well, if you're going for the deal, you need to spend gas, tax and time anyway. Since the $5 that you save also saves you on tax, it's a win win situation (for those who have BB).

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']WhipSmart, do you always respond to my posts with sarcasm? It's kindof bizarre, if you ask me.[/quote]

I wasn't being sarcastic. If I can save $5 by using a coupon, I will, and I see no reason not to nor to discourage others from doing the same.[/quote]

She just means it can be left out of the deal posts.

As far as a sticky, well, I'm sure you've noticed that n00bs don't read them. They're always asking wtf a GGC or B&M or YMMV or whatever means.

I can understand that people want to save $5 if they can but the mentioning it everytime a deal is posted, it gets annoying. Not everyone has a GGC, it's not like a code you can type in so everyone can use it. Posting online deals is usually the best price you can find the game for online.

For example, on a deal today for a sale on a game which was $20, what's the first response?

"get it for $15 after the gcc at best buy"

[quote name='Doylerulez']I can understand that people want to save $5 if they can but the mentioning it everytime a deal is posted, it gets annoying. Not everyone has a GGC, it's not like a code you can type in so everyone can use it. Posting online deals is usually the best price you can find the game for online.

For example, on a deal today for a sale on a game which was $20, what's the first response?

"get it for $15 after the gcc at best buy"[/quote]

lol, its only funny cuz its true

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']Bunch of bitches that are just jealous of the guys getting there deals[/quote]

I'm jealous of your poor spelling, too.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='yeahokthenfu']Bunch of bitches that are just jealous of the guys getting there deals[/quote]

I'm jealous of your poor spelling, too.[/quote]

You might want to go back and correct your spelling/grammatical mistakes before you take that stance.

lmao, do people really LIKE to spend $5 extra? the best buy gamer card is a good deal, so it is worth mentioning. If you want to post a "deal" for a game that is $18 somewhere online, where you gotta pay 5 bucks for shipping, and you can get it at best buy for $15, DO THE MATH. Which one is the better deal?

im with almost everyone else here, while ive noticed you get really defensive, and people can be jerks about it in your threads for some reason, if your not posting the absolute best deal you can get, expect people to post other ways to get the game cheaper. thats what this site is for.

i wish people wouldnt take deals so personally, we're all here to help ^^

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Is anyone tired of everyone responding to deals with the "you can get it for $5 less at BB with the GGC". Don't we all know that by now? Does every post have to have at least 1 response about that? I mean, not everyone lives near a Best Buy. Not everyone WANTS to drive to Best Buy. Not everyone is able to get a GGC at Best Buy. Some people WANT to order online so it is delivered to them (in other words, less hassle, no traffic, no gas). :bomb:[/quote]

Yes it's just as tiresome as the posts that are nothing but complaints and have no real purpose other than to bitch & moan.

Honestly!! people if you are that tired of those kind of posts then just skip them or click the back button on your browser.

No one is forcing you all to read them.

i dont think banky n some of you get what nfgirl is saying. i feel very similar as when i post some deals, i get shoot down attempts w/ BB has GGC and u save $5 replies. there must be another way of going about it, instead of sounding arrogant or pompus in a "haha i know a better deal than you~" way.

I don't see why anyone would complain about our mentioning the GGC possibilities. We are all here to help each other right?

And don't forget that the GGCs are good at CC also.

And if your BB doesn't have any, look harder, try another BB, or maybe one of us will mail you a stack. My BBs have millions of the darn things. They are in the front of the stores in the GC section, at each cashier, at customer service, in the new release music section, in every video game aisle, and in every display washer and dryer.

And remember that BB coupons never expire, the old coupons still work.

[quote name='rimsforsale']i dont think banky n some of you get what nfgirl is saying. i feel very similar as when i post some deals, i get shoot down attempts w/ BB has GGC and u save $5 replies. there must be another way of going about it, instead of sounding arrogant or pompus in a "haha i know a better deal than you~" way.[/quote]

I understand what she is saying. But atleast when someone makes a GGC post it is of some help to others, what does a post that does nothing but complain contribute to the comunity?

Then why not mention it on every deal posted, like "buy xx for $xx and if you're lucky and they have it in-stock, get it for $5 less with BB GGC". See where I'm going with this? My BB has a terrible GC selection, I mean really terrible, and I live in a big city. Some of you don't seem to understand that using the GGC isn't necessarily cost effective. Tax for me is 9%. Gas for me is $2.25 a gallon. BB is 20 min away. I'm glad there are a few of you on this board that understand where I'm coming from.
JibbaJabba, so, exactly how many complaints have you read on CAG complaining about the GGC?
EDITED TO ADD-And JibbaJabba, what does your post complaining about my complaining add to this community :roll:

Prehaps it would make a lot of people happier of there was a specific thread on all the deals possible with the GGC instead of a bunch of scattered posts about it. This way people with access to the card can just look up the thread each week and see what deals are better with it.

As I said it's not cost effective for every person to use it so it isnt the answer to every 19 dollar deal.

NintendoFanGirl, I wouldn't drive 20 minutes each way to get a GGC, but, the next time I was a near a BB with some, I would buy 20 or 30 to have for future use at BB or CC.

they just mention the ggc thing so that it'll seem like they got a better find...wouldnt this: "game for 14.99 after ggc" attract more attention than this: "19.99 game"?

it would to me at least :roll:

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Then why not mention it on every deal posted, like "buy xx for $xx and if you're lucky and they have it in-stock, get it for $5 less with BB GGC". See where I'm going with this? My BB has a terrible GC selection, I mean really terrible, and I live in a big city. Some of you don't seem to understand that using the GGC isn't necessarily cost effective. Tax for me is 9%. Gas for me is $2.25 a gallon. BB is 20 min away. I'm glad there are a few of you on this board that understand where I'm coming from.
JibbaJabba, so, exactly how many complaints have you read on CAG complaining about the GGC?
EDITED TO ADD-And JibbaJabba, what does your post complaining about my complaining add to this community :roll:[/quote]

Then complain to the GM, DM or call corp about the game selection.

If you don't want to pay the 9% tax, $2.25 a gallon gas, or drive the 40min round trip then my suggestion is pack your bags and move to a cheaper state. If you choose to live on the east or west coasts or a highly populated/popular state then you know you will pay more for almost everything than other states.

My complaint about yours adds nothing to the community and I never said it did, but mine was a "REPLY" yours was a "TOPIC" therefore knocking a more useful topic to the next page.

I go to Best Buy all the time. Would never have learned about the GGC if not for this site. Now I can take $5 off any game I buy! It is a blessing.

For me it is very convenient... for the good of all CAGs, and the huge amount in total money that has been saved, it's worth it if a couple people get annoyed when they hear about it.

And you know what? Personally, I hate reading all those Fry's Electronics deals. I don't have a Fry's anywhere remotely near me, so of course it's annoying to read about a great deal that I can't take part in. But oh well! I won't start bashing Fry's deals, because I'm just glad to know they end up helping some people. It's a shame I can't take part in them, but what can ya do??

[quote name='BustaUppa']

And you know what? Personally, I hate reading all those Fry's Electronics deals. I don't have a Fry's anywhere remotely near me, so of course it's annoying to read about a great deal that I can't take part in. But oh well! I won't start bashing Fry's deals, because I'm just glad to know they end up helping some people. It's a shame I can't take part in them, but what can ya do??[/quote]

I see why NFG is upset, but I don't necessarily agree with her. This post says it best IMO. There are always deals that not everyone can take advantage of, but that doesn't stop them from getting posted, nor should it. Would you rather this site only allow posts that are nation-wide? Probably not.

Can someone explain to me how this isn't just an issue of wounded pride at having a deal outdone by another poster? I can't see any harm that could possibly come of it otherwise, so unless there's a valid reason not to remind people that they could save 5 dollars more if the B&M store carries the game I'm going to write this off as a pretty petty grievance.

[quote name='jmcc']Can someone explain to me how this isn't just an issue of wounded pride at having a deal outdone by another poster? [/quote]

So, you think that is why it bothers me? ](*,) I try to post deals that anyone and everyone can take advantage of. Someone made a valid point regarding Fry's. I realize not everyone has a Fry's so I don't even bother to post their deals. A matter of fact, I have only posted maybe a couple of B & M deals.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='jmcc']Can someone explain to me how this isn't just an issue of wounded pride at having a deal outdone by another poster? [/quote]

So, you think that is why it bothers me?[/quote]

Yeah, unless you can point out some other way it hurts you to have people remind others of the GGC deal in an applicable thread.

It's worthwhile every so often, or when people actually use it. I do think it's rude however when people try to say a game at another Brick and Mortar is a poor deal because you can get the exact same deal with a GGC.

Yes, its worth mentioning the GGC so often, but try to do so with a little decorum... a HA HA, your deal sucks responce isn't necessary, yet people seem to say it in not so many words everytime there is a sale somewhere that is five dollars or less off of standard retail price.

I see NFG's point, and Fry's is not a good comparison. When someone posts a deal at Fry's, it has it's own thread, and you can ignore it since it can't help you. I have a Media Play by me and know that it's regional but will post a deal if I ever find one, which is rare with them. Posts that are for a game at store X (online in most cases) have individuals posting in a tone like "this deal is dumb since I can save $5 with my GGC".

I'm glad that people are able to save money with it and all, and I have no problem at all with threads about Best Buy like "Billy Hatcher and Dead Man's Hand now $20 at Best Buy" and then have someone say or $15 with GGC. Ebgames and gamestop are not best buy, so we can't use it there.

bread's done
Back