* * * * * 3 votes

Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

#1801 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

The convention is literally 5 minutes from my front door.  Someone give me the run down on exactly what goes on there.

Like do I have to pay to play everything in addition to the convention price?  

Just saw your post too late. :(  Did you end up going?

If not, basically there are two sections: a giant outdoor tent filled with vendors selling games and game-related merchandise (this is also where the bands play and a couple of tournaments happen), and then the hotel itself, where the convention rooms and hallways are filled to the brim with games to play: arcade games, pinball, and virtually every non-handheld game system ever released.  Everything I saw was free to play, though there might have been some exceptions.  Lots of tabletop MAME cabinets on display that you can play all you like or buy for ~$600-700.  Might pick one of those up next year.

Tickets are only $55 for the full two-day pass, so there's a lot of value.  I'd definitely recommend checking it out next year.

There's also the MGC Showcase, which is the showing of local indie games.  I went there to showcase my game, but unfortunately ran into some problems on day 1 and didn't get a lot of traffic on day 2, being tucked in the corner of an already low-traffic room.  I'll prepare things a little bit differently next year to attract some more attention: bringing an extra screen that continuously plays a trailer of the game would have been a good idea.  Ah well.

I ended up buying a really cool Chrono Trigger bead art piece:

e7f1035f72b2464ca6c5545d18ce6400.png

#1802 SirConnery   I'm selling all my Game Boy games! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

Get ready folks, toys r us Brookfield and Madison are closing down for good and will be liquidated by April.

#1803 xplocvo   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

Get ready folks, toys r us Brookfield and Madison are closing down for good and will be liquidated by April.

Are you sure the Madison TRU is closing? On the lists I've seen, the Zeier Road location is closing - which is the Babies R Us on the East side. I haven't seen a list that included the West side TRU store.

#1804 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Madison Toys R Us has a bunch of SNES classics in stock.  Disney Infinity starter editions (PS3, 360, Wii U) are all clearanced to $1.99.  Lots of Skylanders at $0.50 each, too.

#1805 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:42 AM

Walmart on the west side of Madison has some great deals atm for Nintendocels. $5-10 for various 3DS and Wii U games. Star Fox Zero, Bravely Second, Yokai Watch 2, Mario Tennis, Dragon Quest VII, and maybe a couple of others.