CAGcast #5: Tokyo Game Show 2005

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD reports live (on tape) from Tokyo with Wombat5277 keeping it real in NYC.
Hear all about Cheapy's TGS 2005 experience, including the Revolution controller announcement, hands-on impressions of Xbox 360 games, and more!

iTunes
Download - 38 minutes, 17MB MP3.
RSS Feed

Good job..only complaint would be that Wombat's sound level was much lower than Cheapy... CheapyD level was great, wombat I had to strain to hear.

Congrats on the international CagCast!

Great cast.

Your impressions on the 360 games were VERY informative.

C-

And your comments about, "...maybe someone really into MGS..."

was also very enlightening.

The length doesn't bother me at all, especially when you consider that Cheapy's giving his impressions of an entire gameshow event. The 360 hands-on reactions are definitely appreciated. Great job, guys.

I like Wombat a lot, he adds a little more humor to the mix. I'm really used to the pair of Cheapy and Wombat now. I hope you guys keep this program up, it's always very enjoyable for me.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Good to hear the impressions. Wombat should STFU a good deal more.[/QUOTE]

WTF is this? I couldn't imagine a CAGcast without Wombat.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']WTF is this? I couldn't imagine a CAGcast without Wombat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wombat owns, just thank god there was no jimmiemac.

Cool stuff. This is the first cagcast ive listend to.

Wombat can be a little annoying, but he also seems like a cool person you can just play live with and stuff.

I was a little disappointed in the PSP coverage, thought there might be a little more on that to make me happy about owning it, although i must say its a relief to hear Cheapy say Katamari works well without 2 analog sticks. Winning Eleven sounds cool too even though im not a big soccer fan.

This was my first CAGcast, too and I really enjoyed it. CheapyD sounds like Vin Diesel while Wombat sounds like puberty should be kicking in any day now. ;) Good job overall. Hope CheapyD has a fun time in Tokyo.

Great Cagcast! The problem I have with long Cagcasts is for example it took an hour to download Cag 5. Anyways You were really glum CheapyD. Were you expecting something like E3 or what? Also that Onimusha like game might of been Genji which looks a lot like it. Also As for the Brain Training DS games I've been reading about it for awhile and here is the breakdown.

A Japanese Professer has a series of books out in Japan that sell great.
He thinks the brain is just like a muscle and needs exercise. His books have neat puzzles you do. Nintendo made a deal and made a video game version for the DS. It sells great. It sold so great that Nintendo made a kids version with less difficult puzzles. It has also appealed to seniors as well like Miyamoto's dad. It is also a way to avoid getting alsimers (what Ronald Reagan had).

I just like how CheapyD is so polite in the CAGcasts... anytime he gets interrupted he's like "what's that?"

instead of "bitch please! I got sumthin ta say!"

It makes it all the more civil :D.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Anyways You were really glum CheapyD. Were you expecting something like E3 or what? [/QUOTE]

Actually, E3 was terrible this year, and TGS 2005 was leaps and bounds better.

Also is Katamari Damacy a running gag? Almost every cagcast mentions it which is kinda odd being that it is not some mega franchise like Mario or Final Fantasy.

I heard that silence thing Wombat was talking about in a Star Wars documentary where the American rep was kinda weirded out that they didn't do anything when the movie ended.

Also for the Japanese guy that asked how Americans can tell the difference between FPS I ask the same question about RPGs to him.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Also is Katamari Damacy a running gag? Almost every cagcast mentions it which is kinda odd being that it is not some mega franchise like Mario or Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

yes, it's a running gag

I love CAGCast. I listen to it when it comes out as soon as possible, It's the only show I look forward to on the Radio ;)

Other than Wombat not always being close enough to the microphone to hear him, this is the best one yet. If you hadn't said that the two of you were in different countries at the beginning of the broadcast I would have assumed ya'll were still in the room together. It worked very well to have Wombat play devil's advocate as he did not experience the show first hand.

Wombat how can you not like Ridge Racer?! And cheapy and wombat Dynasty Warriors is the same damn thing time and again like RR but they don't even switch it up. It's Koei wallowing in their own crappulance. Shit even KOF added a striker character in one installment.

[quote name='pete5883']Itawa? Miramoto???[/QUOTE]Sorry if I got the names confused. I was only awake for 10 minutes when we recorded this.

Thanks for listening!

[quote name='Sarang01']Wombat how can you not like Ridge Racer?! And cheapy and wombat Dynasty Warriors is the same damn thing time and again like RR but they don't even switch it up. It's Koei wallowing in their own crappulance. Shit even KOF added a striker character in one installment.[/QUOTE]

I like my Driving Games like I like my women, fast and arcade-y.

great again...cheapy did you play or see Full Auto? I thought I read that was going to be playable on the show floor. Also, let us know what type/genre of games you like, because I heard a lot on the last Cagcast that if that is your thing..ie call of duty 2 being a ww2 shooter, dyanasty warrior etc...

[quote name='Wombat5277']I like my Driving Games like I like my women, fast and arcade-y.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the sensation of speed but RR DEFINED arcade racing. In fact it's the only current racing game I can think of besides Outrun 2, "Need For Speed GT" deserves NO mention IMO although I hate Global VR and think they should be shot so there may be some bias there. ;-)
I know their arcade pricing. X-(

[quote name='ryanbph']great again...cheapy did you play or see Full Auto? I thought I read that was going to be playable on the show floor. Also, let us know what type/genre of games you like, because I heard a lot on the last Cagcast that if that is your thing..ie call of duty 2 being a ww2 shooter, dyanasty warrior etc...[/QUOTE]Full Auto wasn't on the show floor but I played it at E3. Its Burnout meets Twisted Metal, with a heavy emphasis on destructive enviornments. I think the online play will either make or break that title. I really like all kinds of games, with RPGs (generally speaking) being my least favorite.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']The iTunes version is a mere 1 minute 10 seconds. Might want to check that out or fix it.[/QUOTE]Seems to work fine on my end.

Thanks for listening (or trying to at least)!

I'll second the low volume level. At times I could barely hear Wombat at all. I had to turn the volume on my stereo all the way up. Cheapy came through just fine except for a couple of dips in volume.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'll give you the sensation of speed but RR DEFINED arcade racing. In fact it's the only current racing game I can think of besides Outrun 2, "Need For Speed GT" deserves NO mention IMO although I hate Global VR and think they should be shot so there may be some bias there. ;-)
I know their arcade pricing. X-([/QUOTE]

Try the Burnout series. Every new game makes me cream.

bread's done
Back