Absoulte Bullshit. (Regarding EBgames.com) - RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I ordered Breakdown with free copy of Dead To Rights last night and I check my order today and the free copy of DTR got pulled. Now when I ordered this I made sure they had plenty of copies of DTR (98 when I ordered) and when I called EB customer service they said they ran out of copies and there is nothing they can do. I talked to the manager and he said the same thing.

Wouldn't this be a case of bait and switch?

That is a sucky situation, though I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bait and switch (assuming some people did get their copies). Did the fine print of the offer state "While supplies last"? Or can you ask for them to hold your order until more DTR comes into stock?

If you were promised a game and didn't get it, they should have to cancel the whole order. They are not able to provide you what you paid for. I continue my hatred for EBGames.com.

[quote name='BigHow']That is a sucky situation, though I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bait and switch (assuming some people did get their copies). Did the fine print of the offer state "While supplies last"? Or can you ask for them to hold your order until more DTR comes into stock?[/quote]

They basically said they aren't getting anymore so I can get Breakdown by itself or cancel the order.

My Dad and I are on the phone now pointing out what CheapyD posted.

[quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='BigHow']That is a sucky situation, though I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bait and switch (assuming some people did get their copies). Did the fine print of the offer state "While supplies last"? Or can you ask for them to hold your order until more DTR comes into stock?[/quote]

They basically said they aren't getting anymore so I can get Breakdown by itself or cancel the order.

My Dad and I are on the phone now pointing out what CheapyD posted.[/quote] How did it go?

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']O.D.D., how did you know that they pulled the free DtR out of your order... I think mine may be the same way![/quote]

It just says Breakdown on the site when you go to My Orders. Last night it said Breakdown then right below it PROMO Dead To Rights XB.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='BigHow']That is a sucky situation, though I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bait and switch (assuming some people did get their copies). Did the fine print of the offer state "While supplies last"? Or can you ask for them to hold your order until more DTR comes into stock?[/quote]

My Dad and I are on the phone now pointing out what CheapyD posted.[/quote] How did it go?[/quote]

After about 40 minutes of arguing I finally got the manger of customer service to send me one. I got his name so if I get Breakdown and no DTR his head is going on a stick. :twisted: I doubt anybody else will be able to talk them out of a copy.

its a valid complaint, not bait and switch, but they knew how many dead to rights they had and they shouldnt have taken more orders for the breakdown with bonus than they could fill.

[quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='jeffreyjrose']O.D.D., how did you know that they pulled the free DtR out of your order... I think mine may be the same way![/quote]

It just says Breakdown on the site when you go to My Orders. Last night it said Breakdown then right below it PROMO Dead To Rights XB.[/quote]

Were you able to get it corrected? If not, I believe that I shall be cancelling this order!!! greedy eb corporate bastards... *walks off mumbling***

Let us know how it goes man, I think that they should give another game equal to the price of the game or they should send you a copy of DTR when it comes in like earlier mentioned

[quote name='spankmenow420']They are allowing to cancel, stop whining.[/quote]

No can do. They said I was going to get a bonus item and then backed out. The whole reason of ordering it from there was so I would get a free copy of DTR.

And what pissed me off the most is that they didn't notify me. If I didn't check my order on their site I would have never knew about it till I recieved Breakdown.

[quote name='spankmenow420']They are allowing to cancel, stop whining.[/quote]

do you have to call to cancel? mine still says open and that i can cancel but when i try on the site it says unsuccessful

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Akkis99']big nick ur avy rules[/quote]
I know!!! Thanks WSB![/quote] How many people has he done that for? I noticed even Cheapy had gotten one.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Akkis99']big nick ur avy rules[/quote]
I know!!! Thanks WSB![/quote] How many people has he done that for? I noticed even Cheapy had gotten one.[/quote]

Can someone make me one too?

if they don't give you free Dead to Rights, call or email and complain. This is bullshit. and not just because they skimped out on the deal (apparently), but because they gave O.D.D. a copy, why can't they give everyone one? ebgames better man up and provide everyone who got in with the bonus a free dead to rights. i will seriously cancel my preorders with them (3 games coming out in the next few months).

i usually shop with ebgames.com over gamestop.com (DESPITE the fact that gamestop.com doesn't charge tax to me!) because of customer service. but if they're going to pull this shit then fuck them

[quote name='Tom']Those new avatars WSB made do indeed kick ass[/quote] Awhile back I read a thread when CAG first got the ability to use avys. I remember someone saying "Yay, now we have personalities." I hope that not too many people get these even though they do look nice and they are different. I liked Nick's potato head, cigar thing that he had.

[quote name='frenchmovietheme']if they don't give you free Dead to Rights, call or email and complain. This is bullshit. and not just because they skimped out on the deal (apparently), but because they gave O.D.D. a copy, why can't they give everyone one? ebgames better man up and provide everyone who got in with the bonus a free dead to rights. i will seriously cancel my preorders with them (3 games coming out in the next few months).

i usually shop with ebgames.com over gamestop.com (DESPITE the fact that gamestop.com doesn't charge tax to me!) because of customer service. but if they're going to pull this shit then shaq-fu them[/quote]
yea, doubt thats gonna happen. these are the same scumbags that wouldnt even take rotk off their shelves or give the chick that got her ps2 stolen anything out of it. f'em

I just checked my order and it doesn't say anything but Breakdown. Earlier today it said Breakdown + Bonus. I tried to cancel but it wouldn't let me (it hasn't shipped). Needless to say, even if they cancel they are going to get an earful on the phone tomorrow. I never really liked EB Games and their ripoff trade-in prices anyway, now I have a good reason to never shop there again.

[quote name='O.D.D']
Wouldn't this be a case of bait and switch?[/quote]

yes, it is.

if they have dead to rights on the site right now, they have to send u one if you ordered it

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Tom']Those new avatars WSB made do indeed kick ass[/quote] Awhile back I read a thread when CAG first got the ability to use avys. I remember someone saying "Yay, now we have personalities." I hope that not too many people get these even though they do look nice and they are different. I liked Nick's potato head, cigar thing that he had.[/quote]
Well now he has a potato head to do with the drawing.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='O.D.D']
Wouldn't this be a case of bait and switch?[/quote]

yes, it is.

if they have dead to rights on the site right now, they have to send u one if you ordered it[/quote]

That is what I thought.

This is what it should look like in "My orders" if you have the bonus.

upload_152222.jpg

[quote name='BigNick']This is worse than the buy.com half off EA games! I know you all remember that. I stayed up all night hitting F5.[/quote]

Oh yeah I remember that I decided to go to bed.....and boy was I glad in the morning.

[quote name='punqsux']do not cancel!

call them. yell at those fuckers to no end, they CANT do shit like this.[/quote]

Too late for me... already cancelled.

Dam already shipped. Could I just write return to sender on package when I receive it? By the way I will call them to complain, even though I try not to because I work in retail.

[quote name='punqsux']do not cancel!

call them. yell at those fuckers to no end, they CANT do shit like this.[/quote]

is shaq fu gone? i hope not =o\

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='punqsux']do not cancel!

is shaq fu gone? i hope not =o\[/quote]

fuck

*Nope I just typed fuck and got shaq fu*

fuck the fucking fuckers.... Hole in the filter is fixed! :p Anyway, they cant possibly operate in good faith if they keep pulling deals out form under people like that, they owe you an email at LEAST.

I wouldnt order from them again after that.

[quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='punqsux']do not cancel!

call them. yell at those shaq-fuers to no end, they CANT do shit like this.[/quote]

is shaq fu gone? i hope not =o\[/quote]

shaq-fu

*Nope I just typed shaq-fu and got shaq fu*[/quote]

just so we catch them all, heres a song by MTX...enjoy!

fuck the fucking fucked up fucks, those fucked up fuck-ups are fucked up, i told you once you stuid fuck, those fucked up fuckers are fucked up

I hate to be a spoil-sport but it seems that I'm the only one that actually got the deal. I checked my order and it said that DtR shipped with Breakdown. The ony problem is that I won't know for sure unless I open the box and then I won't be able to return it because the box will be open.
It's kind of funny that they can check your credit card and draw funds lickity-split but they can't develop an inventory control system that automatically informs PAYING customers when a promo has ended or been modifed. Hell, they already have auto emails for when you order and when it ships. How hard can it be to add another system that would greatly improve customer service and build hardcore gamer (that's us) loyalty. The answer of course is not hard at all. My question is; was there malicous intent? Did they know the promo was being pulled at a certain time and how long did they take orders for the promo after it was "over"? I have half a mind to do a legal inquiry with the intent to push it to a grand jury if there is evidence of even minor fraud. Aren't these the same people that were busted for selling used games as new?

Remember, you vote with your dollars!

Im calling them now, the guy I've talked to so far (Matthew) has been rather rude...snickering while I asked why I wasnt notified. He said that a mass email was sent out talking about this, I never recieved such an email. So, of course insanly pissed off I asked to speak to his manager. I then was sent to a person named (Ross) who before I could start bitching he quickly helped me with my problem and told me that I may recieve it in two packages....but at least I would get the DTR bonus.

Now, in case anyone cares to hear about this, this is how I do business. Call and complain, if you get horrible responce - write a letter to the head of the dept (if that's them go higher), that means you have to ask what they're address is on the phone. But like in this case, I was helped quickly after minor difficulties....I was able to get my bonus back in less than 15 mins. Now instead of sending a letter to his boss (Which will make him nervous if it's good or bad) - I ask for his address. This way he can show it to his boss if he likes. I mean, this is a thank you letter...and believe it or not some people dont want they're boss to even get thank you letters.

Thank you letters and Dissapointed letters ARE a big deal. These quickly become solid documents of your disaproval or happiness. This is the reason why our fathers and grandfathers got shit done....they believed in credit or debit where it's due. Remember that. Were losing touch with the personal side of being a customer, and thats why we get automated recordings talking to us. Sorry...babbling a little...

Just so you know, I put my money where my mouth is....Ross' address is below...if he helps you, say thanks...it'll only take you 37 cents and 10 mins to type and sign.

Ross Kovarik
770 Pilot Road
Suite F
Las Vegas, NV

I spoke with Matthew around the same time you did, probably just after. He put me on hold while he spoke with Ross, but Ross told him how to do it himself (I'm guessing Ross was getting sick of the transfers). My Breakdown is already in process, so they are shipping DtR in a separate package, but no extra charge. Matthew was not rude to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back