Absoulte Bullshit. (Regarding EBgames.com) - RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
bait and switch (n.): A sales tactic in which a bargain-priced item is used to attract customers who are then encouraged to purchase a more expensive similar item.

It's got nothing to do with this.

Bait and switch or not, it's still pretty shady. I belive in this case, it would be referred to as false advertising, IE: not getting what you pay for.

[quote name='eldad9']bait and switch (n.): A sales tactic in which a bargain-priced item is used to attract customers who are then encouraged to purchase a more expensive similar item.

It's got nothing to do with this.[/quote]

It is similar. They attracted us with the 2 games for $20, then switched it to the one. The difference is, they didn't tell us about the switch, they just did it.

[quote name='guessed']It is similar. They attracted us with the 2 games for $20, then switched it to the one. The difference is, they didn't tell us about the switch, they just did it.[/quote]

It's not bait and switch any more than advertising a non-defective item and shipping a defective one.

If the offer stated "while supplies last" they're in the clear; if not, your order just did not get fulfilled. Please. do not use legal terms you don't understand - that's, like, defamation of character. Or is it estoppel? I forget.

has anyone thought of taking EB to court or going to a news oulet, it would probably make alot a bad press for them, and is sure to get at least one person canned

No, it wouldn't. Retailer makes mistake; retailer willing to fix mistake. No news here.

If sega wasn't sued for pulling online support (a slam dunk class action lawsuit), why even consider suing EB? They didn't do anything bad on purpose, and as far as we know are willing to refund everybody's money, or cancel the order.

Now, if they refused to reverse the transaction, or even refused to pay for shipping back, then their position would be less than honest. As it is...

My order still says that I'm getting both. I it changes I will certainly raise hell. I dislike my local gamestop a lot more than the eb. They both pretty much blow. Corporate salesmen pawns. Every time I walk into gamestop I get bombarded to reserve like five games, or supposedly, " I might not get a copy." I'm glad I have cag and bb to support my cravings. What the f@ck is up with used copies of new titles for only $5 off? I hope people don't actually pay that.

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']What is up with used copies of new titles for only $5 off? I hope people don't actually pay that.[/quote]

If people didn't pay that, EB would stop doing it. Obviously some people do.

[quote name='narclepto99']Bait and switch or not, it's still pretty shady. I belive in this case, it would be referred to as false advertising, IE: not getting what you pay for.[/quote]

The main thing is it said "while supplies last". That covers their bases in regards to false advertisement. However, I agree with previous posters that once the supply of freebies is exhausted that the link shouldn't say it comes with a free game anymore. It's wouldn't be such a big deal if it was simply a backorder that would be fullfilled at a later time. I think what EB should do is take $9.99 (the price of Dead to Rights) off of Breakdown. Then Breakdown would be $10 and I think most would be cool with that as a compromise. But to be honest most people were ordering this because of Breakdown, not to play Dead to Rights. (I understand this whole situation is about principle so please don't remind me).

To be honest I thought the deal was too good to be true anyway. I could see Breakdown at $39.99 coming with a free game (similar to Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell promo early this year). But $19.99 for Breakdown with a free game just didn't seem right.

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']THAT YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS![/quote]

NO THAT NOT HIM THAT ME.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS WOULD NOT COMMENT ON SOMETHING THAT SOMEBODY ELSE THOUGHT WAS NOT OBVIOUS AND IN FACT DID NOT REALIZE AT ALL WHICH WHY WHY I POSTED.

In the least, it's unethical. Recently, I twice put on hold games I was told they had at significant discount. But once in the store, they feigned ignorance. After complaining, as calmly as possible, I received discounts on purchases both times.

It does serve to complain and even threaten to take your business elsewhere, so long as you don't flip out and make them defensive. But is EB really that notorious?? Sold used as new (actually wondered about that)? Selling back is a ripoff, but buying used at at least 10% off trumps new every time.

Who is Electronics Boutique?

Electronics Boutique is one of the world's leading specialty retailers of video game bullshit and PC bullshit and accessories. With more than 25 years of retail bullshit experience, as well as one of the most widely recognized brands in the business — EB Games — we are the bullshit destination of choice for discerning gamers around the globe.

The driving force behind our success is summed up in our corporate tagline — We Take Bullshit Seriously™. In fact, our exclusive commitment to bullshit is so remarkable that it truly sets us apart in the industry. We operate more than 1,600 "bullshit destination" stores in 10 countries around the globe — each of which offers immediate access to the hottest new bullshit merchandise in a dynamic atmosphere that's all about bullshit. Everything we provide in these stores — from our expansive selection of products and our "live" interactive bullshit, to our exceptionally knowledgeable bullshit associates and our value-added pre-sell and pre-owned bullshit — is geared to ensure that we deliver complete customer satisfaction. We complement our store network with EBgames.com, one of the most extensive, informative and bullshit e-commerce sites in the business.

Simply put, Electronics Boutique is a leading-edge bullshitter that loves bullshit enough to take it as seriously as our customers do. Come in and see for yourself how we've turned our bullshit into a serious business.

---

In related news:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14037

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Dam already shipped. Could I just write return to sender on package when I receive it? By the way I will call them to complain, even though I try not to because I work in retail.[/quote]

Yes you can, but you have also need to call them regarding this. That is what I will do.

[quote name='redgopher']

Simply put, Electronics Boutique is a leading-edge bullshitter that loves bullshit enough to take it as seriously as our customers do. Come in and see for yourself how we've turned our bullshit into a serious business.[/quote]

You really like that word, don't you?

I my experience, people who use the word "bullshit" too much have never had any real life experience concerning actual bull shit.

you guys dont need to cancel, i emailed them and got a response saying they would send out DTR today at no extra charge (obviously)

Hello Ritchard,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com. We apologize for any
inconvenience
this may have caused you. We have added a copy of Dead to Rights for
the
Xbox to your order at no charge, and it should ship to you a little
later today.

If you require further assistance, we are available 7 days a week from
AM to Midnight EST.

Have a great day!
Andre
EBgames.com

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

I ordered breakdown WITH dead to rights, i realize that it said while
supplies last, but when the supplies ran out you should have cancelled
the remaining orders instead of thinking so many people would accept 1
game at that price. also it says i still have time to cancel the order,
yet convienently when i tried to cancel it was unsuccessful. add to
that
the fact that if i wanted to i could order dead to rights from the site
right now, it all seems pretty fishy. this issue needs to be corrected
in some way. if i recieve only breakdown i will return the product
expecting a full refund.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='redgopher']

Simply put, Electronics Boutique is a leading-edge bullshitter that loves bullshit enough to take it as seriously as our customers do. Come in and see for yourself how we've turned our bullshit into a serious business.[/quote]

You really like that word, don't you?

I my experience, people who use the word "bullshit" too much have never had any real life experience concerning actual bull shit.[/quote]

You're a dumbass. Look at the god damn topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back