- - - - -

CAGcast #6: ThunderCAGs, ho!

#61 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17794 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:12 PM

I'm saddened that the cast will eventually have to be done permanently on Skype, though. Cheapy's not as soothing when he's not in the same room.

I think we just had some technical difficulties with that particular CAGcast (my hotel's internet connection was slow). Wombat was getting cut off on my end. I don't think that will be an issue once I'm in my apartment from the future.

so.... Larry Kenney is stopping by later today and I would really like to have some good quotes about the show for him, so get a postin' people, thanks :)

CheapyMom has a recording of me at 2-3 years old, saying "Larry Kenney" over and over again. He was the host of Bowling For Dollars, and I was a big fan. I think there is another recording of me pretending to be Larry Kenney, but she is still looking for that one.

#62 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

I think we just had some technical difficulties with that particular CAGcast (my hotel's internet connection was slow). Wombat was getting cut off on my end. I don't think that will be an issue once I'm in my apartment from the future.

Good to know. I can't count the number of PodCasts that are rendered unlistenable by bad audio quality.

#63 civx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Good to know. I can't count the number of PodCasts that are rendered unlistenable by bad audio quality.

You can't count to 6?

#64 uzumaki_star   ..:Know Your Roots:.. CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

uzumaki_star

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

You can't count to 6?

:rofl:

#65 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

You can't count to 6?

You don't realize that there are other PodCasts besides CAGcast?

#66 civx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:38 PM

You don't realize that there are other PodCasts besides CAGcast?

You realize I was joking right?

#67 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

You realize I was joking right?

Yes, but I take my ability to count very seriously.

#68 Saucy Jack   Goodbye, So What? CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Saucy Jack

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

CheapyMom has a recording of me at 2-3 years old, saying "Larry Kenney" over and over again. He was the host of Bowling For Dollars, and I was a big fan. I think there is another recording of me pretending to be Larry Kenney, but she is still looking for that one.

I'd love to hear those. Hopefully CheapyMom can come through with those recordings. :rofl:

#69 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17794 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Just a little teaser for upcoming CAGcast #7... Wombat and I will be at Activision's preview event checking out Gun for Xbox 360, True Crime NYC, Call of Duty: Big Red One and more.
We'll also have more details on the Win Cheapy's Games contest.

#70 Saucy Jack   Goodbye, So What? CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Saucy Jack

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

Just a little teaser for upcoming CAGcast #7... Wombat and I will be at Activision's preview event checking out Gun for Xbox 360, True Crime NYC, Call of Duty: Big Red One and more.

Sounds terrific! Any idea on when we'll hear the next edition?

#71 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4210 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:40 PM

Perfect time to comment on that story about the original Call of Duty creators getting kicked off the game series they made after the first one.

#72 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17794 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Next CAGcast will likely be up early next week (Monday or Tuesday).
www.cheapassgamer.com/cheapyd/stack.jpg

#73 chickenhawk   Like sand in the scumbag CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

chickenhawk

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

WIn Cheapy's games? Is this like a contest for your collection? :shock:

#74 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

Next CAGcast will likely be up early next week (Monday or Tuesday).

Sweet. I actually like it when they come out early in the week instead of Friday. I usually don't listen to PodCasts much on the weekend and I leave for work before the CAGcasts are posted. That means I don't get around to listening to them until Monday and then some of the info is dated. Having them come out at the beginning of the week is great for me.

Are you planning on having them regularly come out on Monday or Tuesday now?

#75 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17794 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

WIn Cheapy's games? Is this like a contest for your collection?

Not all of it, but the bulk of my current gen games as well as whatever E3/TGS schwag I can find. It just doesn't make sense to take 'em with me to Japan and I figured its more fun to give 'em away to a lucky CAG than to get a few bucks trade-in at EB.
Don't know if you noticed the tease img I posted above:

Sweet. I actually like it when they come out early in the week instead of Friday. I usually don't listen to PodCasts much on the weekend and I leave for work before the CAGcasts are posted. That means I don't get around to listening to them until Monday and then some of the info is dated. Having them come out at the beginning of the week is great for me.
Are you planning on having them regularly come out on Monday or Tuesday now?

Yeah, I think it makes more sense too.

#76 Saucy Jack   Goodbye, So What? CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Saucy Jack

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:49 PM

You can win Cheapy's games? Sounds cool. :)

#77 Ilovephysics   Pops,they're just like us CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Ilovephysics

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:05 AM

Nice job. Thundercats was a nice touch, made funnier with the new Family Guy movie also containing a funny Thundercats bit...

#78 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4210 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:06 AM

List of games on the CheapyD collection pic

Xbox
Xbox demo disc
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:PT

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document

GC
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

#79 uzumaki_star   ..:Know Your Roots:.. CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

uzumaki_star

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

You must have been looking might hard to list all of the stuff in that pic. Thanks for the list, thorbahn3.

#80 woobacca   Shrunken Shuriken CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

Ninja Gaiden is mine! Bring on the contest! :D

#81 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4210 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

Uh, not that hard. CheapyD must of came in and edited it a bit. For example there is no way in hell I could tell if Castlevania:SOTN was sealed or not.

#82 evanft   Wombat needs Nutrisystem. CAGiversary!   7007 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:01 AM

Hmmm...how about doing a contest with multiple winners? Like everyone gets 5 games or something, and you draw randomly for the person that gets to pick first.

#83 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11264 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

I didn't know Wombat was Goldmember! Wow.

I wonder which Mrs. Wombat hates more... the gold package or the plans for the "Call Wombat at 3 AM Eastern Contest".

#84 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17794 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

This is pretty neat:
http://podcasts.yaho...nd=Search<br />

#85 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11264 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

This is pretty neat:

Nice. Nothing quite like growing the brand.

#86 ryanbph   Man Down CAGiversary!   7233 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

This is pretty neat:

nice :)

#87 evanft   Wombat needs Nutrisystem. CAGiversary!   7007 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:17 PM

*waits for #7*

EDIT: Oh, and Cheapy, if you read this post on the next one, I will give your head a tongue-waxing.