Contest: Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks!

Insane

CAGiversary!
* You can also check out the contest page on the active.gaming webpage by clicking here.

mortalkombatmonks.jpg

Midway and active.gaming are teaming and giving away five copies of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks for the Playstation 2! However, you don't just fill out a form or send in an e-mail and you're entered to win. There is a little more than meets the eye! Now don't cry that these are PS2 versions only, because I remember a site called ebay ?Also, if this turns out to be a success then guess what? We will bring more and more contests like this with but with more games! So help make this a success!

You basically just have to:
Register at the active.gaming forums and make atleast 10 posts during this contests duration.
For an additional contest entry refer a friend and make sure he makes atleast 10 posts! But these have to be legit - so you can't register the name yourself and make the 10 posts (we track IP's!).

To Enter:
Register at the active.gaming forums (click here!) and register and make 10 posts. Once completed, post in this thread(click here!). If you have any questions you can PM "Insane" or post your question in thecontest thread (click here!).

Update: I have updated the rules so it's easier to enter! So no more whining!

One time in order to win a copy of klonoa 2 I clicked on a link on ign and filled out my adress information, 2 months later I had the game in my hands. This contest takes WAY to much effort.

[quote name='Scorch']:spam:, I doubt this was CheapyD approved :p[/QUOTE]
I PM'd Cheapy for his look on this topic, since it's for a real site and not the usual flavor of SPAM.

To the OP, anytime you want to do something like this, please PM CheapyD in advance and get his OK on doing a contest.

[quote name='shrike4242']I PM'd Cheapy for his look on this topic, since it's for a real site and not the usual flavor of SPAM.

To the OP, anytime you want to do something like this, please PM CheapyD in advance and get his OK on doing a contest.[/QUOTE]

Ya sorry about that. I actually PM'ed him AFTER posting this. Sorry in advance.

This is bullshit, I'll buy the game before I sign up to a forum and then babysit 10 people and make sure they make 10 posts either. Waaaaay too much effort for a game that will be 20.00 in a few months anyways.

[quote name='Cmosfm']This is bullshit, I'll buy the game before I sign up to a forum and then babysit 10 people and make sure they make 10 posts either. Waaaaay too much effort for a game that will be 20.00 in a few months anyways.[/QUOTE]

I've actually changed it to five. But basically you can refer a whole bunch of people and mos tlikely atleast 5 will stay and try out for this contest. I also changed the post counts.

[quote name='Insane']Allright! I just made this a lot less of a hassle to enter. What do you guys think now?[/QUOTE]

if you change the rules to "register and post once on our website to enter" i'll do it ;)

just kidding around :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']if you change the rules to "register and post once on our website to enter" i'll do it ;)

just kidding around :)[/QUOTE]

Met you half-way, the lowest contest entry is 10 posts.

[quote name='Insane']Met you half-way, the lowest contest entry is 10 posts.[/QUOTE]

that is very reasonable of you. thanks! i'll let my friends know about the promo later on. :D

[quote name='CheapyD']Its fine. (Join Date: Dec 2003) ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, boss. ;)

Always worth checking with the Head Cheap Ass, even with a join date later than 5 minutes prior to the posting. :D

[quote name='sandrokstar']wow. thats kindof alotta work for a contest.
but hey, a free game is a free game![/QUOTE]
It's not really if you think about it. You either post or refer people who would post to get entered.

[quote name='Cmosfm']This is bullshit, I'll buy the game before I sign up to a forum and then babysit 10 people and make sure they make 10 posts either. Waaaaay too much effort for a game that will be 20.00 in a few months anyways.[/QUOTE]
AMEN!

OMG you're the biggest idiot ever, OP! This contest is so stupid you're a compelte moron. What an idiot!!!!

Just kidding, actually. ;-) At least, I think I am....

Allright! Rules are changed once and for all. Now you only only have to make 10 posts to enter and if you refer a friend that makes 10 posts and essentially enters the contest, you get an additional entry.

Insane, just ignore what these morons here say. They don't appreciate anything.

I like your idea of the contest. I recommend the contest stays the same way you said (10 posts + refer for additional entry).

Seriously, that's simple. I'm going to try to win. I never won anything in my life (well, only my name in MGS2: Substance). Besides, my PS2 is eating dust. I need more games for it and I'm broke (thats why I'm here in Cheapassgamer lol).

Anyways, thanks for the contest! Good luck with the site!

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Insane, just ignore what these morons here say. They don't appreciate anything.

I like your idea of the contest. I recommend the contest stays the same way you said (10 posts + refer for additional entry).

Seriously, that's simple. I'm going to try to win. I never won anything in my life (well, only my name in MGS2: Substance). Besides, my PS2 is eating dust. I need more games for it and I'm broke (thats why I'm here in Cheapassgamer lol).

Anyways, thanks for the contest! Good luck with the site![/QUOTE]

Thank You! If I got a handful of positive people like you then I wouldn't have a problem hosting these kind of contests monthly or even weekly and with higher impact games with like Metal gear Solid 4, halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Zelda Twilight Princess, etc.

Well now make 10 posts and then refer those 10 people and you got 11 entries. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bumping this up, only a couple have signed up. Your chances look good to win. :)[/QUOTE]

"You? That's me!" ~ Lenny

[quote name='pthagonal']I will try. I will fail.[/QUOTE]

Don't say that! There are still great odds! There are 5 games being given away and only a small number of people entered so far.

[quote name='Danro']I registered at the forum and couldnt even find 10 topics to post about! Lame.[/QUOTE]
Heh, you can make threads also.

[quote name='Danro']I registered at the forum and couldnt even find 10 topics to post about! Lame.[/QUOTE]
You need to adjust your options to show all threads, then you'll see all the threads.

bread's done
Back