CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok, I own like, everything:

A High end PC
XBox
PS2
GameCube
Gameboy Advance (Im buying my friend;'s other one so I can play FF:CC and Z:FSA with my dad and other friends that come over)

And I love them all equally....

Its a blast owning all systems, and I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways. So, reply if you agree (or disagree) with me. :)

i have about 7 systems but i like all for different resaons. i have the three current systems and i play all three. i have my favorite system but here is not the time and place for this ;-)

Hey great for you mister Rockefeller, Nice to know you have the time and money for all three systems, if only us mere mortals could control the 4th dimension as skillfully as you for fun and profit.

Dont take that as a flame though I used to be like you to until I realized I had to manage my time and priorities differently for the sake of school and later work.

I have a ps2 and a CG but I only have the GC because of a few games, my brother had the DC and before I had PS while my brother had Saturn, before that between the two of use we has all 3 16 bit era systems and both 8 bit(we had a very generous god mother!). But complete system love will never happen as long as people cant afford or find time for all systems in their lives. people are goiong to choose sides and defend them for ever as long as multiple platforms ar part of the industry.

i also have all 3 next gen consoles, but i didnt get xbox or GC till a little while after my ps2.

i've noticed that when i had just PS2, it was alot easier to choose games.. there was less to worry about gamewise.. now that i have all 3, i have to spend more time looking at my options, and trying to decide how i'm gona use the money i have to get the games i want for all 3 systems :(

[quote name='Acrylic']Ok, I own like, everything:

A High end PC
XBox
PS2
GameCube
Gameboy Advance (Im buying my friend;'s other one so I can play FF:CC and Z:FSA with my dad and other friends that come over)

Its a blast owning all systems, and I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways. So, reply if you agree (or disagree) with me. :)[/quote]

well someone has a lot of disposable income, when you pay for rent, food, and the other daily crap you cant invest your money in a lot of things like that.

[quote name='Acrylic']Ok, I own like, everything:

A High end PC
XBox
PS2
GameCube

Its a blast owning all systems, and I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways. So, reply if you agree (or disagree) with me. :)[/quote]

About time for some love all around. I don't own an xbox but i do have the rest of the systems listed. And even though i don't have an xbox i still think it is a great system with some good games. Why are people always hating on other systems and wanting them to die? Don't they realize that competition kicks ass and forces them all to have great quality. As long as there is competition we always win.

Hmm lets see...

Odyssey 2
Intellivision
NES
Genesis with power base converter
32X
Sega CD
Turbographics 16
SNES
Saturn
PS1
N64
Dreamcast
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox

Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Virtual Boy
GameGear
NeoGeo Pocket Color

Oh and a PC.

Of course, what defender owns will likely overshadow whatever anyone else has.

It is amazing what you can do if your just patient and don't get wrapped up in ABSOLUTELY HAVING TO HAVE something.

With the exception of the things I bought new (about 25% of my stuff), most of it was either drasically reduced when I bought it, or a trival sum (a trival sum being under $50).

I've always found it fun to go an get a new old console when there is a lull in the releases of the games I find interesting... not to mention that for most of them you can amass a respectable collection for less than the cost of 1 or 2 new games.

I own:
GC
PS2
Xbox
DC
N64
SNES
NES
GBA - regular
GBA SP
And despite being equal in my system owning, I hate Sony. The only reason I have a PS2 and had a PS is because there were a lot of games on them I wanted to play, but still I hate Sony. They are a pox on the video game industry. They have only one good franchise (Gran Turismo) and nothing else. But oh well. Gotta keep buying them as long as they are the biggest in town.

Yea the top three systems are equally great.

The Jaguar, the CDi and the 3DO are so good on all types of levels.

But sometimes I feel freaky and can help playing some Marty and even sometimes some M2.

Oh yeah? I used to have an Action Max, that light gun thing that worked with your VCR. Wow, was that lame.

I'll see your Actionmax and raise you a Vectrex. And I still have them, POW

(also my brother has the Jaguar and Lynx)

I own:

PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
N64
Dreamcast
Super Nintendo
Sega Gensis 2 & 3
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Neo Geo Pocket Color

I try to play all--nah, I don't. I usually only play my PS2, Xbox, or SP, but sometimes I play the others for maybe like a month on a certain games. But, I do love all my systems, but I love one of them the most. I'm sure a lot of y'all know which one that is. :wink:

[quote name='Acrylic']I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways.[/quote]

Very easily: by taking into account not just the system, but the manufacturer too.

Since I know about microsoft's predatory business practices and other illegal activities, I'll never buy a console from them, even if they become the only console manufacturer.

Let's put it this way: if al-qaeda decided to enter the console business to fund further terrorist activity, and their console was great - even the greatest - would you buy it?

It depends. Would al-qaeda make a game about a plumber who fights turtles? Because I'm a sucker for plumbers and turtles.

[quote name='WildWop']Is it just me or does this thread subject sound like Hippie propaganda?[/quote]

We need to whack them like we did to the Russians in Red Dawn.

CTL

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='Acrylic']I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways.[/quote]

Very easily: by taking into account not just the system, but the manufacturer too.

Since I know about microsoft's predatory business practices and other illegal activities, I'll never buy a console from them, even if they become the only console manufacturer.

Let's put it this way: if al-qaeda decided to enter the console business to fund further terrorist activity, and their console was great - even the greatest - would you buy it?[/quote]

Has anyone ever told you that you're a total and complete dumbass? I'm guessing, yes.

:grouphug:

The green guy could be Microsoft, blue Sony, yellow PC users... and the pink could be Nintendo since they have both the GC and GBA systems.

[quote name='magilacudy']:grouphug:

The green guy could be Microsoft, blue Sony, yellow PC users... and the pink could be Nintendo since they have both the GC and GBA systems.[/quote]

Make the Orange one "Vintage", for orange is the official color for OLD.

[quote name='XboxMaster']Has anyone ever told you that you're a total and complete dumbass?[/quote]

I guess they only teach this in highschool nowadays, so I won't insult you for not knowing it, but here goes:

If you disagree with something you hear, and you want to join the discussion - you're supposed to explain why you disagree, not start calling names.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='Acrylic']I dont know how anyone could put any of the systems down, because they're all great in their own ways.[/quote]

Let's put it this way: if al-qaeda decided to enter the console business to fund further terrorist activity, and their console was great - even the greatest - would you buy it?[/quote]

hmmm, eldad, what are some of the "illegal" activities? I'm curious

amazing how some hippie discussion about love can turn into bashing of various companies.

i guess bitching counts as love too, if you do it all the fucking time.

I seen 'em! Them blasted vidyo games came down from the sky! Brightest light I ever did see! It done blinded me, and then they took ma' wallet. Darn-tootin'.

Jed Eckert: Well, who *is* on our side?
Col. Andy Tanner: Six hundred million screamin' Chinamen.
Darryl Bates: Well, last I heard, there were a billion screamin' Chinamen.
Col. Andy Tanner: There were.

wait wait wait... let me get this straight lmao.... so you read these 2 articles.. and thought "GRR I"LL NEVER SUPPORT MICROSOFT THEY FALSIFIED EVIDENCE!!" .. riiight.

anyways i own:
PS2
GC
Xbox
N64
PSX
SNES
NES
Atari 2600
gameboy
gameboy color
gamegear
(plannin on gettin GBA)
(lookin for a DC)
(lookin for a psone)
(lookin for a genesis)
(lookin for a saturn)

[quote name='Cracka']wait wait wait... let me get this straight lmao.... so you read these 2 articles.. and thought "GRR I"LL NEVER SUPPORT MICROSOFT THEY FALSIFIED EVIDENCE!!" .. riiight.
[/quote]

Wrooong lmao.

In fact (wait wait wait) like I explained in my original post, there's much, much more. I'm a software professional, and I see microsoft continue to destroy the field of computer science every day. You have only to witness the microsoft-funded SCO or the recent personal attacks on Linus Torvalds. Every day I get spam from machines compromised by security holes in windows.

My opinion was not formed by these articles; I merely posted them by way of introduction to the world of microsoft fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

My list:

NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Genesis
32X (don't ask)
Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PSOne (with LCD screen)
PS2
Xbox
...and Turbo Graffix 16 (I'm a sucker for Bonk)

Atari Lynx
Virtual Boy
GameBoy
GBA SP
NeoGeo Pocket (Japanese B&W with Camo)
NG Pocket Color (US with Blue Camo)

Desktop PC
Apple G4 Powerbook (technically plays games...)

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='XboxMaster']Has anyone ever told you that you're a total and complete dumbass?[/quote]

I guess they only teach this in highschool nowadays, so I won't insult you for not knowing it, but here goes:

If you disagree with something you hear, and you want to join the discussion - you're supposed to explain why you disagree, not start calling names.[/quote]

Seems like what he posted here is the norm for him.

Okay my list

Xbox
Playstation
PS2
NES
N64
GCN
SMS
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast

Handhelds are the only thing that gets no lovin' from me.

[quote name='Acrylic']I wanna get a G5 notebook, or anything that could run OSX. Its be sweet. :)[/quote]

Don't expect to see a G5 notebook until 2005. They just updated the G4 powerbook line in March and normal product updates last a minimum of six months.

back on topic:

i own only the cube since i have too much payments spreading around, rent, car, phone, party, clubs, electric, water, gas, trash, food, games. in that order. :) but my closest friends own xbox and ps2 so we always buy games for each other, and "borrow" the consoles.

My list:

XBOX
PS2 (gave away PS1 because of backwards compatability)
GC (modded for japanese games)
DC (modded for japanese games)
Saturn (modded too)
SNES
Genesis (with Master System Adaptor)
Gameboy
GBA SP
NES

I also had a few Atari systems when I was a child.

Yes I love all my systems. The systems that get played the least are the Gameboys, I only play them when I'm on vacation, especially on airplanes and long road trips.

No, I'm not rich either, and I've got limited time on my hands too. I'm a cheapass, so I buy alot of my systems on sale, and I read alot of video game reviews before I buy anything full priced. You wouldn't believe how much that cuts out the overpriced crap. Also, if you have a good independent video game store nearbye, get to know the owner...he's a good source of cheapy and rare games!

I also believe in co-op gaming. I have a husband, sister, and bro-in-law who all like video games too, so often we will each buy one system and take turns on them. This works great for the most part. This generation I had the Xbox, hubby had the GC, and sis and bro-in-law the PS2. My four year old nephew got the GBA to test out. I finally broke down and bought a a PS2 this year when it underwent a price drop. So there are ways to play video games without breaking the bank.

[quote name='Supernothing']Wouldn't your xbox be yours and your husbands and his gc be his and yours?[/quote]

I guess you could put it that way, but I'd like to see him try and keep them if there ever was a divorce! :lol: Although it does make for interesting excuses to come up with for buying games. "I bought it for YOU!" :wink: Yeah, right.

Dammit, my house is starting to resemble a video game commune, just without the hippies.

In my house:
Fairchild Channel F (My dad's)
N-64 (My brother's)
SNES (My brother's and mine)

I own:
Playstation
Playstation 2
Gamecube
X-box
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP

I own: Xbox, PS2, GC, Dreamcast, N64, Turbo Graphx 16, GameGear, Gameboy Pocket, and a GBA SP. I had an NES, Genesis, 32X, and Saturn, but sold all of them. There's a few games I regret letting go of (Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn, Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis), not because I'd ever play them again, but because I just want to see the boxes on my shelf :D
I love all my consoles equally, some more equally than others, except for the TG16, which I got because it was $35 for the console and 7 games shipped. Hit the Ice hockey and Bonk's Adventure are all right, but the rest suck. And I have a friend who has a ton of old HuCards that he was going to give me, but then they got lost in his attic.
My collection between XB, PS2, and GC games used to be equal before I started at CAG, thus they got about equal play time, then I found about 10 new PS2 games for about $10 each, and it threw everything off.

I've been playing my gameboy advance (that i bought from my cousin) now more than any of my other consoles, and because of Final Fantasy Tactics. *hugs that game*

bread's done
Back