St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Right around Halloween, Software Plus should be having their big midnight sale.

Looks like they also added a clearance section on their site: http://shopforsoftware.com/

Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition (XBOX) $52.99 $19.99

May have to get it.

From Carbondale but I had to jump in and say GO CARDS! If we can get a good start from Morris Saturday it would be huge! I guess I'll have to break our my ESPN MLB 2005 and play the mach up lol.

GO CARDS! Since the All-Star break I've been predicting a Cards-White Sox World Series.

P.S. I am sooo glad the Red Sox and Yankees are out of contention. :lol:

[quote name='purpleshaman']I haven't heard of Software Plus, but I should give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
They're around the corner from where I live, west of Olive & 270.

They primarily do software sales, though they do dabble in console games.

I'm new to the forums (as of today, actually) but I live by Dorsett/270. I haven't found any great deals lately but I'm thinking of trying the TRU glitch this week. Anyone know if the Northwest Plaza TRU will do this?

Anyone else hit Software Plus's midnight sale last friday? 10% of everything minimum.

I missed the usual "limited to 10" ultra cheap new titles part as I got there late. I was going by to see when it was, and it just happened to be that night. But I still picked up a used FarCry for $10, some magazines and books, and some PC components that were buy one get, one free.

There's a new independent gaming store off 270 at the intersection of Big Bend and Doughterty Ferry called Game On. They have no handhelds, but have some stock of current gen games. However, they have a really good supply of PS3, 360, and Wii games. They also carry tabletop RPG books, miniatures, and CCG's.

I got Shenmue II and Crimson Skies used there for $10 combined the other day.

Sweet. I'll have to check that place out.

Question for STL CAGs...do we not have the GGC at Best Buy out here? I was trying to get something at the Brentwood BB and asked for the GGC, and the guy looked at me like I was out of my mind. What's the deal?

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']
Question for STL CAGs...do we not have the GGC at Best Buy out here? I was trying to get something at the Brentwood BB and asked for the GGC, and the guy looked at me like I was out of my mind. What's the deal?[/quote]

I'm not sure what was up, but awhile back I saw the GGC at the Best Buy in Bridgeton on St. Charles Rock Rd. Might want to try there?

For those interested, the Fenton Target store on Gravois Bluffs off 141 had 2 copies on the collector's edition of WoW: Burning Crusade left in stock on the shelf as of yesterday.

I know this is a bit of a drive for most in the STL area, but the Wentzville Walmart Supercenter (exit 208 off 70) has a bunch of PS2, XBOX, GBA and Gamecube games clearanced at $10.

Only one I can remember at the moment is Bomberman Max 2 Blue

[quote name='hufferstl']I haven't seen them at the Brentwood/Crestwood/South County store in about a year.[/quote]

im a chicagoian CAGer.. but my sister is in MO. so i thought i can surf the board. ;) anyway.. here in chicago, they have the GGC's in the gaming section, on the shelves or hanging. but you have to be alert when you look, you just can't fan through the section.

best of luck.

I was told by a friend that there exists another Software Plus location. The one on Olive closed down :cry:

Anyone know anything about it?

I actually went in search of Software Plus and found a place on Baur Blvd, near Olive just off of Lindbergh, but it turned out to just be a corporate office of a company that sells software to businesses.

Anyone need an opened wii I picked up from target yesterday for cost? I think it was like $278 with taxes or something like that. Let me know before I return it.

Just wanted to say hello. Another Metro East CaG here, anyone hitup that blockbuster 50% deal? The local blockbuster here had quite a few titles off the 50% list for 360 games. Only one I bought though was Tiger Woods 2007 for 29 and change after tax.

[quote name='hufferstl']I haven't seen them at the Brentwood/Crestwood/South County store in about a year.[/quote]
Last time I saw the GGC's at the South County store, they were sitting in the CD racks on the endcaps for the CD. The area facing the registers where the put some of the "hot sellers" and "new releases".

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm up from Troy, MO but you'll catch me at College down here in Rolla (UMR).

I havn't seen anything lately around here that's Cag worthy

So I was just checking out the CompUSA stores around here, and they seem to be approaching the point where it's worthwhile to check them out. Monitors and TVs are at 25% (I picked up their last 27" Olevia LCD HDTV for $370), video games are 25% off, Windows Vista is 40% (Office is 30%), and random other deals. Computers are still only 10% off, so nothing noteworthy there. This goes for all three stores in the area (Sunset Hills, Bridgeton, and Ballwin). I was given an estimate of the first week of May for the stores to close...

No deals here, just saying hi to the STL thread and bumping it back up.

I see there are either not too many STL CAG's, or we don't have much to say :)

Did anywhere sell Halo 3 early? The independent game store near me (Game On) didn't have it on sale as of Sunday, and neither did the 7-11 next door.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did anywhere sell Halo 3 early? The independent game store near me (Game On) didn't have it on sale as of Sunday, and neither did the 7-11 next door.[/quote]

Where is Game On? I have never heard of it.

It's on Big Bend and Dougherty Ferry, about 1 mile off the exit on 270.

They carry video games (PS2, Cube, XBox, 360, PS3, Wii, and DS,) trading card games, pen-and-paper RPG's, miniatures, and comic books. They also have demo systems of PS3, 360, and Wii you can play (there is a charge.)

FYI the Fenton Best Buy (as of 8 p.m. tonight) and Sunset Hills Gamestop (as of 4 p.m. Thursday) each have 1 new Legendary Halo 3 left in anyone is interested.

[quote name='MSUHitman']New 5,000 square foot video game, music, movie, comic book, gaming/collectible cards, etc. store opening in St. Charles County soon. Slackers better watch out!

www.cultureshockstl.com[/quote]

Sounds like that overpriced store in KC (they have one in Springfield also). Can't remember what it is called at the moment, but at that one you can expect to find only top notch ebay prices.

Edit: Vintage Stock is the name.

We'll see how this is. Us VS players need a store to play at since Dragon King in St. Charles County was bought out by B&B Game Store from Eureka. If B&B doesn't get their act together and open a new store, we may have to try this Culture Shock place.

[quote name='MSUHitman']New 5,000 square foot video game, music, movie, comic book, gaming/collectible cards, etc. store opening in St. Charles County soon. Slackers better watch out!

www.cultureshockstl.com[/quote]
Speaking of Slackers, I went there not too long ago (for the first time in a while) and I was shocked at how overpriced everything was. I'm glad I wasn't missing out on anything!

I hate St. Charles County - St. Louis city is where its at.

But thanks for the info on the new store, maybe I will check it out if I ever cross the Missouri River to the darkside.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Speaking of Slackers, I went there not too long ago (for the first time in a while) and I was shocked at how overpriced everything was. I'm glad I wasn't missing out on anything![/quote]

Hell yeah they are. Games you can find regularly for $7 at Gamestops are $18 at Slackers. It's ridiculous.

I hate Slackers, good to see another store coming in. Hopefully it wont be the same.

[quote name='MSUHitman']We'll see how this is. Us VS players need a store to play at since Dragon King in St. Charles County was bought out by B&B Game Store from Eureka. If B&B doesn't get their act together and open a new store, we may have to try this Culture Shock place.[/quote]

I just bought some VS. cards but had to go all the way to IL to get my starter decks and stuff, but the rules included aren't quite clear to a newb. Do places you play ever have any type of beginnger sessions to teach newbies how to play?

Sent PM on VS.

Has anyone who lives in St. Charles County seen a sign for Culture Shock as to when they open? Their website doesn't list a date.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sent PM on VS.

Has anyone who lives in St. Charles County seen a sign for Culture Shock as to when they open? Their website doesn't list a date.[/quote]

Anyone else see a commercial for Culture Shock during the South Carolina - Kentucky game on ESPN?

Reeks of overpriced goods. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='schuerm26']Anyone else see a commercial for Culture Shock during the South Carolina - Kentucky game on ESPN?

Reeks of overpriced goods. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.[/quote]

They have been advertising exclusively on ESPN for a couple of weeks now. I'm always looking to give a local retailer a chance vs. the BB, CC, EB/Gamestop, etc. corporations out there.

For anyone on the Illinois side, the new Gamestop out by Lowes and Walmart off Green Mount is having a B2G1 free sale right now. Have no clue how long it lasts, but i got stuff for free this morning.

This isn't the one by Target off Green Mount. Get off 64 and head past the Target shopping area down Green Mount. It is probably about 3 miles down the road. You will see the Lowes right off of Green Mount.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Speaking of Slackers, I went there not too long ago (for the first time in a while) and I was shocked at how overpriced everything was. I'm glad I wasn't missing out on anything![/quote]The only thing I've found worthwhile at Slackers are older guides. Rest of it is pretty much as you described, overpriced and then some.

bread's done
Back