CAGcast #8: GameTapped!

first post, I haven't listen to it yet Cheapy but I will. It is sure to be great like all of the other CagCasts. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: damn, someone beat me to the first post by 10 seconds.

I haven't even gotten around to listening to the 7th CAGcast yet.
Good thing I have time to kill between classes tomarrow.

Just dled. Going to give it a listen right now. Love the show keep up the good work.

Schwing!

oh and I was wondering if there is going to be a cheapy d going away finale episode that reveals an amazing plot twist no one would ever have guessed...wombat was a woman this whole time perhaps!!??

Too much Gametap info. Reminds me of an infomercial. I also have seen those Gametap "A day in the Extra Life" commercials on Adult Swim. They give me a good chuckle but I'm not going to go on gametap so I can play Dig Dug when I can go buy a hard copy of the game along with others included for the same price on my [insert current console]. I can also play it six months from now. I think they should focus on more current and thus better looking games like Beyond Good and Evil.

Oh and that Dig Dug commercial bugs the hell out of me because Mr. Driller is Dig Dug's son so he should of said Mr. Driller. Not funny, but true.

Just finished listening. The second half is way better! Thanks for the mention. I don't why you think it is too early. Everywhere I go I see Halloween stuff on front lawns and Halloween stuff on TV. I guess it is just me. Oh and oddly enough Wombat said thorbahn right and CheapyD didn't which is weird since it is the other way around most of the time. It is like Thor as in the thunder God and the bahn like James Bond minus the d.

Anyways thanks again and it was pretty cool.

Great video of guitar hero. I wasn't really interested in this game at first but it does look kind of interesting. It somewhat looks like he is actually playing a guitar. I was thinking this game would be stupid and not really be anything like playing a guitar. Might have to watch out for this game. A little too pricey at the moment though.

gametap sounds intresting. though Opera doesn't want to go to it's webpage.

oh well. Great job guys. I'm still a newbie here but I really like the site and what you guys do here.

When you were talking about GameTap at e3 you made it sound like it was going to be a content delivery service for relatively new games.

All it turned out to be is an online store for emulations of the crap I have collecting dust in my attic.

Mario Strikers is actually good? I like most of Nintendo's games, but I'm not a fan of Mario's milking (only Mario games I've liked this gen are Mario Power Tennis and Paper Mario 2, though I haven't played Mario & Luigi), but I'll have to take a closer look at it. What sets it apart from a "normal" soccer game besides the Nintendo-ness and the simplifed and faster-paced gameplay?

BTW Wombat, just to let you know, Roy and Marth are not in the Gamecube Fire Emblem. It's in a completely unrelated world and storyline to any previous FE. It's a great series though, don't let the lack of Marth and Roy turn you off. Just thought I'd let you know right now, because after being asked it a trillion times, people sometimes get pissed off when you ask "Where's Marth and Roy in this game?";)

You two will still be doing the CAGCasts together after Cheapy moves to Tokyo, right?

[quote name='joeljermon']Mario Strikers is actually good? I like most of Nintendo's games, but I'm not a fan of Mario's milking (only Mario games I've liked this gen are Mario Power Tennis and Paper Mario 2, though I haven't played Mario & Luigi), but I'll have to take a closer look at it. What sets it apart from a "normal" soccer game besides the Nintendo-ness and the simplifed and faster-paced gameplay?[/QUOTE]

Some of the gamecube kiosks have demos of Strikers now. It felt like a really good Soccer game...and then when i had mario jump in the air and kick the ball with an explosion as it flew twards the goal on fire, i was sold. Impressive, really.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Another great CAGcast. Major cool points in my book for playing Gunstar Heroes, Wombat![/QUOTE]I must know if the Gametapped version of Gunstar Heroes has the same slowdown issues that it had on the Genesis.

I find it funny that you guys missed Quake 4, FEAR, Age of Empires III, Fable Lost Chapters, Stubbs the Zombie, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, but touched on stuff like The Bible Game and Spongebob in the new releases segment. :lol:

Also about the not being able to turn off the slim PStwo, standby mode is off. It's generally the method you should be using if you play games all the time and not every other week.

Great show, as always. I wonder what's up for next week's show.

I too played the demo for Shadow of the Colossus and I liked it. I did see that frame rate problem every once in a while but it didn't bug me. As for the camera system I had no problems. I just used the right analog to see what I wanted to see. Killing the beast I also thought was fun as hell!

The Warriors got an 8.7 from IGN, and Blitz got an 8.6 from Gamespot. SotC got a 9.7 from IGN, and an 8.7 from Gamespot.

[quote name='evanft']The Warriors got an 8.7 from IGN, and Blitz got an 8.6 from Gamespot. SotC got a 9.7 from IGN, and an 8.7 from Gamespot.[/QUOTE]

i saw that this morning too and now all 3 of them will be mine from TRU

[quote name='radjago']I must know if the Gametapped version of Gunstar Heroes has the same slowdown issues that it had on the Genesis.[/QUOTE]

Well...just played through the first level...and nothing. Perfectly smooth. Now, this was also the first time ive ever played this game. Awesome. I'll have to put more time into it.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Too much Gametap info. Reminds me of an infomercial. I also have seen those Gametap "A day in the Extra Life" commercials on Adult Swim. They give me a good chuckle but I'm not going to go on gametap so I can play Dig Dug when I can go buy a hard copy of the game along with others included for the same price on my [insert current console]. I can also play it six months from now. I think they should focus on more current and thus better looking games like Beyond Good and Evil.

Oh and that Dig Dug commercial bugs the hell out of me because Mr. Driller is Dig Dug's son so he should of said Mr. Driller. Not funny, but true.[/QUOTE]

GameTap wasn't created for you.

Thanks once more to the resident gaming journalists from the site. I wonder if you'll actually get paid cash money one day for your services. Anyway, I guess I now have a couple more games to add to my "eventually pick this up" list.

If everything wasn't so expensive new, I'd probably have a much bigger collection at this point, then again, I really do need to get through the stuff I've already gotten cheap. Perhaps there's a third world video game charity out there that I can donate some of my old junk to. :D

Another week, another great CAGcast. Keep up the good work

On a side note, Wombat, your endless praise of the DS convinced me to go out and pick one up last week with Meteos, Kirby, and Mario 64. Verdict? I'm about 100 times happier with it than I was with the PSP--it's an amazing little system. Looking forward to picking up Castlevania and Trauma Center as well. I love the originality of the games...seemed like PSP just had the same old stuff. Meh.

Is it just me or do you guys pronounce Mario "Mary O" (Or something like that). Nevertheless great interview, GameTap looks promising!

[quote name='cyrix`']Is it just me or do you guys pronounce Mario "Mary O" (Or something like that). Nevertheless great interview, GameTap looks promising![/QUOTE]

Me thinks it may be the LongIsland in us. Having listened to it, personally I dont think its our best work, not awful just not as great as I'd like, but then again even The Simpsons have had episodes about Lisa.

Thanks for listening

looks nifty :cool: ... definitly gonna get it:) ... something thatll keep me busy between my busy hours:drool: ... but still look worth it.:booty:.... thanks :applause:

Pretty good growth in Cagcasts. I like the onsite interview and then wrapping up back at 'studio'. I am still trying to give gametap a try (with the 1 dollar year sub.) but do not yet share Cheapy's love of gametap.

I'll deff. try it out but like so many others seem to need, I just want to see a bigger library. Your welcome I LOVE CAGCASTS.

I love these CAG casts! Keep up the good work Cheap and Wombat! I have a question though and I don't know if this has been answered already, but, when Cheapy moves to Japan, how are you guys going to continue doing CAGCast? Are you going to use Skype or what?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I find it funny that you guys missed Quake 4, FEAR, Age of Empires III, Fable Lost Chapters, Stubbs the Zombie, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, but touched on stuff like The Bible Game and Spongebob in the new releases segment. :lol:

Also about the not being able to turn off the slim PStwo, standby mode is off. It's generally the method you should be using if you play games all the time and not every other week.

Great show, as always. I wonder what's up for next week's show.[/QUOTE]
I should unplug my pstwo then. I don't play it often.

Great Podcast guys!! Looking forward to the next one.

I just saw the video of Wombat playing the Guitar and his avatar actually does resemble him in a way.

Love the theme song. I like (and by 'like' i mean 'didn't like') how the GameTap guy managed to bring up TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, and Turner Classic Movies for completely useless comparisons, when no one asked about them.

$15 a month...they will never survive. I can go buy games for $15 or less. Then I own the games and don't have to continue to pay.

Drugs? Or Emulation?

CheapyD: "I tried it, I tried it, I did it like a couple times, I played a few games (Read: I took a few puffs) and I never really went back to it"

I like the idea of GameTap. I don't think it's for the kind of people who come to CAG. The guy kept saying GameTap is trying to reach a new audience, that it's not for the hardcore gamer and I agree. It's more for the soccer mom who want to play something more than bejeweled.

When you guys were talking about new releases you stopped yourselves from saying anything too bad about The Warriors. I say go ahead and tell us what you think. I understand when gaming sites hold off until they get a final review copy, but I like how you tell us what you think of the games, like the Xbox 360 impressions that you've been able to bring us lately.

Once again a great show. And I will never bitch about a CAGCast being too long.

I listened to gamingsteve for the first time yesterday, and your show completely BLOWS his out of the water! I love it! I wish you guys could do it more often. The stuff you guys say actually makes me laugh out loud. The theme music was...."meh,"...but it was a lot better than gamingsteves. Strange thing was, his show was mostly about Xbox360 at a "New York City Press Event ." Was that the same thing you went to? It couldn't be, could it, since you said there was no 360? I'm confuzzed.

I've never heard his show so I can't compare, I ve never even heard of him, no offense GS, and yet he was invited to the big 360 event that we were not

bread's done
Back