funny things to say on a prank call?

Alright, here's what I used to do.. i'm going to pass this down to the next generation since i'm past my prank calling days.

I call Guy A and then three way call to Guy B. Then have Guy A and Guy B both call different stores around the city and click back over, but don't say a word. You'll usually have an employee who picks up the phone and hears the other line ringing and gets weirded out and hangs up. But once, we called two Krystals in town, and apparently the ladies knew each other, and after a bout of "You called me! No, you called me!", they started talking about lab test results or something.. hilarious

[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's what I used to do.. i'm going to pass this down to the next generation since i'm past my prank calling days.

I call Guy A and then three way call to Guy B. Then have Guy A and Guy B both call different stores around the city and click back over, but don't say a word. You'll usually have an employee who picks up the phone and hears the other line ringing and gets weirded out and hangs up. But once, we called two Krystals in town, and apparently the ladies knew each other, and after a bout of "You called me! No, you called me!", they started talking about lab test results or something.. hilarious[/QUOTE]

The way you do that is you call one chinese restaurant and order like 15 things. Then call another chinese restaurant, and have the first chinese restaurant repeat the order to the second chinese restaurant. Hilarity ensues.

See, I don't bother making prank calls, I let the calls find me... ala telemarketers. My all-time favorite telemarketing call was from some dipshit down in Georgia. This happened roughly 5 years ago...

I answered the phone in an oriental accent and told the fellow my name was Yunchin Yaraineek. He asks me if I'm from "MI" which he thought stood for Mississippi :roll: and I told him, "Yes, very nice country you have here." The guy was trying to sell me life insurance good up to the age of 79, naturally I told him I was 80. Well he wasn't ready to give up just yet. He asked me about my wife, perhaps she could benefit from his insurance. I told him, "No, no good, wife much too young." He replied (in his southern-hick accent), "Oh no sir our policy is good from age 18-79, I assure you we can find something for your wife. Of course my reply was, "Oh no, no good, wife only 14 year old"

He then went on: Sir your wife is only 14 years old?
Me: Ya, very good, get em nice 'n young, American way!
Him: Sir, how exactly do you spell "Yunchin"?
Me: Spell name Y-R-U-G-A-Y-CHIN!

At this point I was losing it laughing, as was my friend who was listening in on another phone in the house. I just told him sorry, very sorry very poor connection here in Mississippi.

He just wouldn't give up though, finally after about an hour I had to tell him that I had to take my wife out to the fields and what not... and I hung up, it was unbelievable, and hilarious too.

I stole mine from Clerks:
"hello neo, let me tell you about the matrix"

I did that all my friends and mother with the help of *67, all but one knew it was me. So that one friend got called every weekday at 5:30pm, sometimes crying, "Stop calling, i'm not NEIL." After 4 weeks of horrible joke my mother told him that I was the one prank calling him. He didn't believe her, so the calls kept coming until I just couldn't fuck with his head anymore 2 weeks later. We still laugh at him about that now.

The best one I ever had was when the newspaper called my friends house. Since every one there has a cell phone, the only one who calls the house line is telemarketers. I answered the phone and the lady asks for my friend. I naturaly ask who is calling. She said, its Amy from the NY Times. I said, what is this in regards too. She said well, I just wanted to let you know we will be starting your subscription soon. I go, did my fucking wife order this! I told that bitch never to order a fucking thing over the phone again. Im gonna kick her ass. The girl says hold on sir, hold on sir, we arn't going to start a subscription, I was just offering you one. Oh, sorry about that I said. Say, you sound pretty cute, wanna go out sometime? She started stuttering. I kept getting more explicit until she hung up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See, I don't bother making prank calls, I let the calls find me... ala telemarketers. My all-time favorite telemarketing call was from some dipshit down in Georgia. This happened roughly 5 years ago...

I answered the phone in an oriental accent and told the fellow my name was Yunchin Yaraineek. He asks me if I'm from "MI" which he thought stood for Mississippi :roll: and I told him, "Yes, very nice country you have here." The guy was trying to sell me life insurance good up to the age of 79, naturally I told him I was 80. Well he wasn't ready to give up just yet. He asked me about my wife, perhaps she could benefit from his insurance. I told him, "No, no good, wife much too young." He replied (in his southern-hick accent), "Oh no sir our policy is good from age 18-79, I assure you we can find something for your wife. Of course my reply was, "Oh no, no good, wife only 14 year old"

At this point I was losing it laughing, as was my friend who was listening in on another phone in the house. I just told him sorry, very sorry very poor connection here in Mississippi.

He just wouldn't give up though, finally after about an hour I had to tell him that I had to take my wife out to the fields and what not... and I hung up, it was unbelievable, and hilarious too.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: hahaha "get em' nice and young"

This one time I used an online service to have someone anonymously call somebody I knew from a few years ago and threaten to kidnap him. About two hours later we showed up in front of his house, and asked someone he didn't know to retrieve him. He was scared shitless (his threats to us via the anonymous caller were extremely funny) but he actually came back, and got into the car with us and we started driving before he got the joke.

Famous last words were, "Th...this is a joke, right?"...before we turned the lights in the car on.

My friends and I used to do this one to a variety of different stores:
Have someone call the store doing a lame prank call that's easy to see through. The key is to sound like your not quite all there. Not mentally handicapped but far from einstein. What you really want to shoot for is to have the "victim" either get mad and yell or (and this one is rare but even more funny) have the "victim" start making fun of the person. The first person then ends the call.

Have a different person call back a minute or two later acting all pissed off. The reason the second person acts pissed off? The store just insulted or got pissed off at his son/daughter than has learning difficulties and that is "absolutely ridiculous". We did this one a few times and each time the story was a little different but the outcome was almost always the same, if you could get the same person on the phone again (either you luck out and they answer the second time or you yell and scream that you want to talk to the person that talked to your "kid") they would usually be very embarassed and apologetic. Getting a mark to apologize to YOU when you're prank calling them is absolutely priceless.

Another, not so good idea, that one of my friends did one time is that he called another one of our friend's house while he was at work and pretended to be the cops telling them that their son had been arrested. That one didn't end so well...

I recall another telemarketer who was offering to have fresh meat shipped to our door daily... to which I replied (in an indian accent) "No no no we do not need this" then I had my brother make some animal sounds in the background "We butcher our own animals in the backyard, thank you call again!" They didn't really know how to reply and hung up... pity.

Another favorite is to listen to the telemarketer and tell them (in an accent of your choice) "Oh I'm very good at delivering message" "Yes, when I see (John, my dad's name) I give him message" "I do not know this John you speak of, but if I ever see him I deliver message special for you" click

I'm sure probably none of you remember this, but there used to be a Steak and Shake commercial where one of the employees would pick up the phone and would hear someone say "bean crock" in a weird voice and then hang up. Anyway, my friend and I decided to torture a local Steak and Shake by calling them, saying "bean crock," and then hanging up. We did this for about a weekend. The people that worked there really got pissed; it was good fun.

Soundboards are always fun. I usually use those to do prank calls (when I do them) these days.

Ah yes that reminds me of the fun a friend of mine and I had with the Arnie sound clips (mainly from KG cop) Oh man Detective John Kimbal just loved to visit chatrooms on yahoo. The 50's chat and any chat that people were already yelling at each other in a foreign language were his favorites.

my favorite thing to do is when a female telemarketer calls, to try to turn it into free phone sex.
what'cha wearing?
have you been a naughty girl?
do you like the rough stuff?
how about a spanking?
it will get interesting results, from being hung up on to free phone sex.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']my favorite thing to do is when a female telemarketer calls, to try to turn it into free phone sex.
what'cha wearing?
have you been a naughty girl?
do you like the rough stuff?
how about a spanking?
it will get interesting results, from being hung up on to free phone sex.[/QUOTE]

My little brother started flirting with a female telemarketer once for the hell of it... according to my dad they talked for over an hour, weird.

For hilarious prank calls there's only one thing you need to do. I did this all the time and got some amazing results. You pick someone from the phone book so you know their name, let say "Bob Smith". You then call him up and just make generic statements like "Hey Bob! Been awhile since I heard from ya. How the hell have ya been?". Alot of times people would think they knew me and say Hi so and so .. and then you just take it from there. Just string them along with generic statements until you get more info from them and then you can make more specific statements. I once had a woman on a phone for a good 10 minutes and had her believe I was her son (who obviously mustnt live at home anymore). Throughout the conversation I informed her, amongst other things, that I have a fear of being stabbed and that I purposely crash into deer on the highway cause I hate them. Needless to say my buddies were dying and couldnt hardly stay silent as I talked.

"Hello you're on the air 100.7. Uhh I was looking for dat cereal bawx. I need to get the price for that cereal bawx for mah daid."

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See, I don't bother making prank calls, I let the calls find me... ala telemarketers. My all-time favorite telemarketing call was from some dipshit down in Georgia. This happened roughly 5 years ago...

He just wouldn't give up though, finally after about an hour I had to tell him that I had to take my wife out to the fields and what not... and I hung up, it was unbelievable, and hilarious too.[/QUOTE]

I used to do the same, I'd be the middle easterner "kick my dog" guy.
"helloooo? What are you calling?"
"You want computer? You want Card? Green Card? I Am AMERICAN CITIZEN"
It's so hard not to laugh!

Me and groups of friends would like 7 way each other over the phone and all but one person would mute, and we'd call someone from the phone book that was undoubtedly spanish. God we'd harass the hell out of em, we didnt know any spanish but we'd still be like "EEEhhhh Oyay" "Que PASA!!" If a week or so passed we'd catch him off guard, call up and be like "ey, Umberto.... "(he'd respond thinking we were a legitimate call) and we'd bust out with more "OYEEEY!!! TACO BELLL!!" He screamed his lungs out at us on a weekly basis... I still remember his phone number from like 7 years ago... I'd tell him it in spanish.
I know you guys are going to tell me I was a prick but hey I'm not denying I was a delinquent.

What about funny things to say to telemarketers or wrong numbers? When they call say, "Dick's meat market! I have the best meat in town! You just can't beat my meat!"

When we were kids, my sister used to call old people and pretend to be their granddaughter. She could have long conversations with these people and never have them suspect anything.

Domino's phone number is the same phone number as our house line except 2 digits are switched. So obviously we get semi-frequent pizza orders, but i ALWAYS forget to take em! One of these days I'll remember to stop myself from saying "Wrong number"...

[quote name='CaoPi']anyone have any experiences to share?[/QUOTE]

MY friend would call toy stores years ago and ask how much sega genesis was. When they said it wasnt in stock he would ask how much. They would keep telling him it wasnt in stock and he would just keep asking questions and drive them nuts. You would have to hear them to appreciate them. He would do this to comic stores too. Once he was talking in a little kids voice asking about jaguar before it was released and I kicked his door and screamed at him and we started smacking our hands together and he cried out for help.

[quote name='bignick']check this one out. http://www.dragonlordfrodo.com/phonecall.wma[/QUOTE]

fucking awesome.

And I've got a good one
I once phoned my friend with private call on his birthday (but his parents were out for the week) and proceeded to go into massive detail on how his family was captured and hooked up to some very complicated torture devices, I of course used a Vader Voice Changer to change my voice. I told him to meet me at a local hangout center we went to because various friends of ours were kidnapped as well (My friends proceeded to cry and scream in the background with me joining in when the changer was off). I told him to come alone and with a credit card in exchange for their eventual freedom, about 45 minutes later we see his car lights through the window blinds (the lights out, obviously).
He comes in, and I say through the voice changer "I'm glad to see you kept your promise.... So let me ask you, how scared are you?"
He is on the verge of crying and says "I-I'm fucking scared out of my head, why?!"
I take off the voice changer, step around the corner and say "Well nobody should be scared on his birthday!"

We snap on the lights and yell "SURPRISE!!" And he probably shat himself with fear

It was the coolest prank ever, believe it.

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']fucking awesome.

And I've got a good one
I once phoned my friend with private call on his birthday (but his parents were out for the week) and proceeded to go into massive detail on how his family was captured and hooked up to some very complicated torture devices, I of course used a Vader Voice Changer to change my voice. I told him to meet me at a local hangout center we went to because various friends of ours were kidnapped as well (My friends proceeded to cry and scream in the background with me joining in when the changer was off). I told him to come alone and with a credit card in exchange for their eventual freedom, about 45 minutes later we see his car lights through the window blinds (the lights out, obviously).
He comes in, and I say through the voice changer "I'm glad to see you kept your promise.... So let me ask you, how scared are you?"
He is on the verge of crying and says "I-I'm fucking scared out of my head, why?!"
I take off the voice changer, step around the corner and say "Well nobody should be scared on his birthday!"

We snap on the lights and yell "SURPRISE!!" And he probably shat himself with fear

It was the coolest prank ever, believe it.[/QUOTE]

Woulda been funnier had you said Dattebayo! instead but good story nonetheless. :lol:

[quote name='humidore']Domino's phone number is the same phone number as our house line except 2 digits are switched. So obviously we get semi-frequent pizza orders, but i ALWAYS forget to take em! One of these days I'll remember to stop myself from saying "Wrong number"...[/QUOTE]

A doctor's office is one digit different from my number. On the answering machine, we get calls from people trying to make appointments all the time and once in a while when I answer the phone, people ask me if this is the doctor's office. I have been tempted to say it is and act like I am the receptionist at the front desk but never have (also because I don't want to mess up anyone who really needs an appointment and whose health could suffer if they don't see the doctor if I made them think they had an appointment when the really didn't)

[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's what I used to do.. i'm going to pass this down to the next generation since i'm past my prank calling days.

I call Guy A and then three way call to Guy B. Then have Guy A and Guy B both call different stores around the city and click back over, but don't say a word. You'll usually have an employee who picks up the phone and hears the other line ringing and gets weirded out and hangs up. But once, we called two Krystals in town, and apparently the ladies knew each other, and after a bout of "You called me! No, you called me!", they started talking about lab test results or something.. hilarious[/QUOTE]

[quote name='camoor']The way you do that is you call one chinese restaurant and order like 15 things. Then call another chinese restaurant, and have the first chinese restaurant repeat the order to the second chinese restaurant. Hilarity ensues.[/QUOTE]

Like this? :lol:

http://media1.break.com/content/chinesefood.wmv

[quote name='jaykrue']Woulda been funnier had you said Dattebayo! instead but good story nonetheless. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I totally didn't see that coming from the guy with the Naruto avy and sig :lol:

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Wow, I totally didn't see that coming from the guy with the Naruto avy and sig :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's not strictly a Naruto sig as the foreground character is from another anime but yeah, I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise from someone like me. :lol:

bread's done
Back