99 nights (Nintey Nine Nights) Discussion | Most likely still August Release

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)

This was actually the main game that made me want to get the 360. I saw the gameplay vids (which really didn't do it justice because of the low resolutions). As a fan of the first few dynasty warriors, until they released 5 too many...... with no real improvmenets, I found this game intriguing. And it turns out after playing it at Zero Hour it is shaping up to be great. Basically the button scheme is similar to Dynasty warriors. The X button is quick slash and Y is hard slash. Pressing B puts you into overdrive (kind of like musou). When you are in this mode pressing y will make your character do a spinning sort of move which clears out a whole bunch in the area and the X will make you do a dashing attack which will help you get around. You get to mis mode by picking up red orbs dropped by enemies during death. And when you are in musou mode they drop blue orbs which fill up another bar under the overdrive bar. When this bar is full you do can execute a super duper attack which basically clears out a whole large area of the screen. I have a feeling all the diff characters they showed in the CG trailer will have thier own functions but overall the game was incredibly fun to play but was a bit challenging in the demo. You can upgrade weapons and equpment as well from pickups on the field and there are other bonus items I could not discern.

Graphics wise this game is phenomenal. The lighting and reflection effects off the main character's model were superb and the enemies looked fantastic. And on top of that there were a huge number of them on screen many times (in the hundreds). using the air attack I was able to rack up 1000 hit combos at once! it's made crazy insane D:.

However the game has been delayed until spring which sucks and I have no idea when the US release is coming out.

here's some links to more info.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2388_en.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747832.html
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3140406

Anyone else want this game :D?

[quote name='Zoglog'] Basically the button scheme is similar to Dynasty warriors.[/QUOTE] It ain't just the button scheme that's similar...this is basically the same game as Dynasty Warriors with much better graphics. I played N3 at TGS (with those fancy 5.1 headphones) and while I enjoyed the presentation, I think I've played enough Dynasty Warriors at this point, regardless of the packaging.

Add in some kind of Xbox Live support and then you've got my interest.:whistle2:\"

[quote name='CheapyD']It ain't just the button scheme that's similar...this is basically the same game as Dynasty Warriors with much better graphics. I played N3 at TGS (with those fancy 5.1 headphones) and while I enjoyed the presentation, I think I've played enough Dynasty Warriors at this point, regardless of the packaging.

Add in some kind of Xbox Live support and then you've got my interest.:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

indeed, the sheer awe of having so many characters on screen is impressive itself. I also find the character designs appealing. I am also hopeful for live coop which would be very kickass =).

The game itself did lag very occasionaly though but that's to be expected from early builds. Of course it's too early to see what the different characters will do. Also one of the reason why dynasty warriors feels so played out is they are the same exact levels every time. I have fought the battle of chi bi way too many times.....
The standalone and original story should refresh it a bit.

Sure.

Dead Rising:

After seeing the trailer for this with the whole dialogue I thought it was too cheesy. But of course I decided to give it a try. The game plays relatively simple and you just go around and pick up weapons that are scattered all over the place. The demo took place in a mall and you had to find this lady. Basically you started off with a bat and it's all thwak thwak. The controls didn't feel too stiff but you literally are surrounded. It has a different feel from dynasty warriors where the idiots don't touch you and just kind of form a circle around you. Here it seems all the zombies, when you get into range, just lunge at you and when they bite you you have to button tap to get out of it. Your guy lasts for about 5 bites before dying. At first It was a bit hard because I didn't go into the grocery store where you can pick up food to regain health. There is a pretty healthy assortment of weapons from knives, chainsaws to the usual guns like shotguns pistols and machineguns. Weapons like knives or pistols were a bit dangerous to use because of the short range and low coverage. Weapons also break after you use them for awhile. You can also recruit people that are stranded in certain areas but they are pretty dumb. Sometimes they will just stand there and thier pathing skills kind of blow. At the end there was a boss battle with this butcher guy who was relatively simple. Basically he would throw knives at you or charge you (which did a whole lot of damage) and if you ran away he would goto a pot and eat to recharge his health. The mission to save the girl was time based and every time you died it gave you a time punishment. I have a feeling almost all the missions will have a time limit but I can't be certain. The graphics were ok with a whole lot of zombies on screen, but It didn't really make me go wow compared to some other 360 games. That's all I remember bout the game so far. It was better than I expected and is probabaly worth a follow up.

The Outfit:

Basically like Battlefield 2/Battlefront etc. You can buy vehicles and other things on the spot and lay them down. They made a horrid mistake with controls by making the vehicles control like the tanks in mercenaries with one single stick. Infantry fighting was ok and you selected one out of 3 guys to kill nazis. One guy had a tomphson and some other gun I forgot, other guy had a bazooka and pistol, and the last guy had flame thrower and machinegun. The controls and gameplay were not too fantastic and I only got to two points for capture before I stopped playing.
Graphics were ok but nothing spectacular.

Full Auto:

Like I havent had enough racing games between my psp and the 360 ;)? Well anyway this one brought some interesting elements to the table. It has a rewind button (kind of like prince of persial) that uses part of your time bar that recharges over time. Same goes with turbo and ammo. The game controls incredibly arcadey. Attacking during gameplay is suprisingly well done with the right stick and destroying ememies is a blast. I only manged to get 2nd place after playing the demo level about 5 times. They only let you select two cars in the demo. One guy had machinegun and missles and the other guy had a shotgun and rear mines. The game has a great sense of speed, fantastic explosions, and is just pure mayhem. The graphics are no slouch and there are tons of effects on screen. I did find flipping over a bit annoying in many parts, but maybe I just suck at driving (of course the rewind button fixed that).

DOA4:

What can I say? More panties flying around with shorter skirts. Levels definetly have some graphical improvement. I don't buy the whole expanded level thing because we all know the round ends many times without reaching new areas. Moves didn't seem altered enough from previous renditions and personally to me not enough innovation in the game for me to purchase it when it comes out. Sure it looks pretty and any DOA fan or really perverted guy or both will like it, but since DOA3 (which looked fantastic when it came out) Not much has improved in my opinon. However I am biased against the rock paper scissors counter system and prefer games like Soul Calibur. The level with the sakura blossoms is amazing though =)

I think that's about all the demos I played. I had a chance to play some gears of war live on stage but I didn't feel like waiting D:. But I will say that game is shaping up quite nicely from the presentation. All the videos you've seen are the game running on 1 thread. They showed this level where the car was running through the rain and the effects are amazing. Basically at the Q&A he confirmed it. Before Q&A Cliffy was actually playing a level and he hit a death bug and he died which was amusing :) (Clipping problem where the cart he was riding in ran him over)

- Will be primarily a cover game with a context sensitive button
- You can hold 2 weapons at once, each trigger representing a weapon I believe
- Coop will be supported with a side character, not just 2 marcuses
- Will have a decent amount of length (Cliffy said he doesn't like to waste money on short games)
- Will Launch within the year
- Will use checkpoint system like the halo games (great game design decision in my opinion)

Well thats all I can remember D:!

Basically the button scheme is similar to Dynasty warriors. The X button is quick slash and Y is hard slash. Pressing B puts you into overdrive (kind of like musou). When you are in this mode pressing y will make your character do a spinning sort of move which clears out a whole bunch in the area and the X will make you do a dashing attack which will help you get around. You get to mis mode by picking up red orbs dropped by enemies during death. And when you are in musou mode they drop blue orbs which fill up another bar under the overdrive bar. When this bar is full you do can execute a super duper attack which basically clears out a whole large area of the screen.

sweet, now 2 companies are making dynasty warriors games.

However I am biased against the rock paper scissors counter system and prefer games like Soul Calibur.

hullo? guard impact has better odds than Doa, since there's only 2 points. :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']sweet, now 2 companies are making dynasty warriors games.

hullo? guard impact has better odds than Doa, since there's only 2 points. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guard impact also does not take away 1/3 of your life ;)?

In dead rising I like how you can beat zombies with a cash register then throw it at them and the cash flies out. Then you can go back to bashing them with the sledgehammer.

[quote name='Zoglog']Guard impact also does not take away 1/3 of your life ;)?[/QUOTE]

if you're playing someone good, it can. i know what you mean though.

[quote name='Zoglog']indeed, the sheer awe of having so many characters on screen is impressive itself. I also find the character designs appealing. I am also hopeful for live coop which would be very kickass =).

The game itself did lag very occasionaly though but that's to be expected from early builds. Of course it's too early to see what the different characters will do. Also one of the reason why dynasty warriors feels so played out is they are the same exact levels every time. I have fought the battle of chi bi way too many times.....
The standalone and original story should refresh it a bit.[/QUOTE]

Does it have strategy elements like Kingdom Under Fire?

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Does it have strategy elements like Kingdom Under Fire?[/QUOTE]

from what i played it was simple body guard system more like Dynasty warriors with a bunch of people. It didnt seem to have as much as Kingdom Under fire did but that could change I guess as more of the game is released.

Q ent. is always good at making very addicting game...

I bet the combo system... is whats goin to make this game a seller...

IGN just posted that the game will release in Japan on April 20th I believe it was. No word on a North American date yet though :(

nope, lack of japanese won't. I can't help hyping it up. It looks great. Now BoA is doing one of the songs. I was very impressed with it at Zero Hour. I have great confidence in this game. I've been sick of the stale Recycling of Dynasty warriors games with same story with minor adjustments. But Dynasty warriors 3 on the ps2 when I first got it, I played that game to death. After that it's felt a bit stale and the graphics were outdated. 99 Nights in motion is absolutly gorgeous and has more difficulty than Dynasty warriors. In DW you would just charge up to a general and kill him and move onto another one. I'm not saying this came won't possibly suck, but here's hoping to no suckage ;)

For the people that just can't click on the link. This is how to create one:

First off you should go to the passport site : http://www.passport.com/. Make sure you are not logged in, and click on the "create hotmail account" link. Now, here is the important part, the site will ask you where you are from, select either Japan, the US, or Europe. Remember, this is the country where the demo is available, not where you really live! You will require some information regarding those countries so Microsoft will allow you ro register the e-mail address.

Here is the info we used:

United States
Postal Code: 10012
State: New York, City New York City
Phone Number: 1-866-530-1234

Japan
Postal Code: 150-2345
Province: Tokyo-to
Phone Number: 3201-3331

Germany
Postal Code: 54292
City: Trier
Phone Number: 065112345

You can use any valid address and phone number from the country where the demo is available.

Once you have filled out the info and applied for the Hotmail account, activate it and turn on your Xbox360. Press the guide button and choose "switch profile" (X Button). Now create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live Account, make it a Silver account instead of a Gold (so you dont have to pay). Next you will require the phone number mentioned above to use your passport. You could theoretically take care of all the passport stuff on the Xbox, but it will go much faster on PC with a keyboard.

Well, that is about it folks! Pretty sweet huh? The cool thing is that you can disable (they actually are disabled from the start if you have already a gold membership installed on your box) the auto sign for the foreign accounts, hence leaving your primary "Real" account hassle-free. Ejoy the demos!

Thanks to: http://www.gamersreports.com/article/19/

i dunno...there just isn't enough action. i also saw a few jaggies. ;) (jk)

[quote name='danked']Tokyo, Japan
Current time Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 8:33:29 AM

i wonder if will get it today :D
[/QUOTE]
I am going to check right now.

Edit: A no go ATM :(

I have a quick question about making these second accounts. I made one awhile back as a silver account. I signed into it today and went to the demos to see if the demo was up. I looked by Membership and it said Gold. That kind of confused me, does it mean my main gamer tag is gold and it just shows that or what?

Well, from that link it said it would be out as early as March 1st.... May be another week before we see it, who knows

[quote name='Sweet Tooth']Well, from that link it said it would be out as early as March 1st.... May be another week before we see it, who knows[/quote]

I'm checking info on Teamxbox.com forums and some people say that the demo was to be given out at retail stores, not XBLM. Maybe we were fed missinformation or maybe its just delayed.

Retail only evidently. :(

mukomasamuneimg600x45011410163.jpg

mukomasamuneimg600x45011410164.jpg

bread's done
Back