U.S. hostage Johnson apparently beheaded

[quote name='-Never4ever-']There was a topic about this already.

on Kazaa there's supposed to be a video about it.[/quote]

U sure? This just happened. I didnt see any topics about it.

This is truly disgusting... and they complain about our treatment of prisoners in Iraq. Don't get me wrong, we were definitely wrong to mistreat/abuse them but this is clearly much worse.

[quote name='eebuckeye']This is truly disgusting... and they complain about our treatment of prisoners in Iraq. Don't get me wrong, we were definitely wrong to mistreat/abuse them but this is clearly much worse.[/quote]

There is no need to even include both acts in the same sentence given how different they are.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']U sure? This just happened. I didnt see any topics about it.[/quote]

he's probably talking about the last guy that had it happen, not the one that just had it reported today.

i've been curious as to how they go about doing this. do they just bend you over and do it, line you up like a firing squad (except that it's a beheading squad), or do they go for the more mortal kombat type approach?

all i know is that the world is a stupid place full of many stupid people.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='Ericnmel99']U sure? This just happened. I didnt see any topics about it.[/quote]

he's probably talking about the last guy that had it happen, not the one that just had it reported today.

i've been curious as to how they go about doing this. do they just bend you over and do it, line you up like a firing squad (except that it's a beheading squad), or do they go for the more mortal kombat type approach?

all i know is that the world is a stupid place full of many stupid people.[/quote]

Full of stupid posts.

Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.

[quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.[/quote]

Yes. Surely more invasion and ass-kicking will make them love us.

[quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.[/quote]

I'm sure invading their land and killing their civilians will make them love and have no more hatred for our country. Yeah, lets "kick some ass!"

EDIT: Beat me to it above.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.[/quote]

I'm sure invading their land and killing their civilians will make them love and have no more hatred for our country. Yeah, lets "kick some ass!"

EDIT: Beat me to it above.[/quote]

I'm not talking about killing their civilians, I am talking about going after the problem, which are these radical terrorists. The Iraqi people are mostly happy that we came in and freed their country, but now they are starting to want us to leave; which will be done at the end of the month, unless the new Iraqi government asks us to stay. The country needs to have these terrorists wiped off the map, or else they will be in the same situation they were before we went in and helped them to overthrow a violent, megalomaniacal dictator.

[quote name='Squirms'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.[/quote]

I'm not talking about killing their civilians, I am talking about going after the problem, which are these radical terrorists. The Iraqi people are mostly happy that we came in and freed their country, but now they are starting to want us to leave; which will be done at the end of the month, unless the new Iraqi government asks us to stay. The country needs to have these terrorists wiped off the map, or else they will be in the same situation they were before we went in and helped them to overthrow a violent, megalomaniacal dictator.[/quote]

What exactly do you propose we do? Find every single small faction of people that MAY hate and possibly behead an American in their country and blow them up? It doesn't make any sense.

what do they think the beheadings will do make us run and leave their country and mind ours they can beheaded a thousand people we'll just get tired of it and drop a nuke

I wouldn't wish it on anyone to be kidnapped, tortured, and beheaded.

That said, the man did work for Lockheed-Martin and fixed Apache helicopters. The terrorists even had the gall to state that they were doing this in revenge for Apache attacks.

This isn't saying in the least, "He Got What He Deserved!" I don't believe that at all. But, it's not like they decided to take a random guy. It's a shame and tragedy for sure, as is what's happening all over that region.

It may sound heartless, but if those people want us out of there so they can go kill each other through civil war, should we really stop them? It seems even the general civilian populace sees us as aggressive invaders and occupiers.

[quote name='Graystone']what do they think the beheadings will do make us run and leave their country and mind ours they can beheaded a thousand people we'll just get tired of it and drop a nuke[/quote]

Great first post. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

OK, this happened in Saudi Arabia, not Iraq. In our all-out war against terrorism, we seem to be giving them (and a couple other countries) a free pass. Which is one of the things that affirms my opinion that the real reasons we are in Iraq are not being shared with the public.

[quote name='Graystone']what do they think the beheadings will do make us run and leave their country and mind ours they can beheaded a thousand people we'll just get tired of it and drop a nuke[/quote]

why the hell would v drop a nuke? that'd b the most counter productive (and retarded) thing to date. lets free all iraqis by killing them all and starting a new race? killing millions of innocent civilians just so a few terrorists in between them die does not solve the problem.

That's exactly what they think - that we will cut and run. Right or wrong, the American public does not have the stomach for a protracted and vicious war especially when the reasons for the war are nebulous at best. Support for the war is not going to go up as a result of this heinous act.

[quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there.[/quote]

I love how one of the republican/conservative mantras is that "the democrats are the party of emotion", and that we act on impulse rather than rational thought, but then you'll read comments like these and realize what a bunch of hypocrites they are. Almost everything these sheep do is out of emotion, whether its fear of their religion dying out or fear that the "evil-doers"(TM) ARE GOING TO GET US.

Just keep watching the cable news dis-information feed and shiver in fear of "t3RR@H!!!!". It serves you really well.... :roll:

Well, if we can't get Duke over there, why not go with those two guys from Contra. Bill Rizer....and.........I can't remember the red guy, but they're fucking hardcore. Actually, we should send them over there with Duke Nukem and those guys from Sunset Riders. Man, there'd be lots of 'splosions and shit getting shot'd!

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']I wouldn't wish it on anyone to be kidnapped, tortured, and beheaded.

That said, the man did work for Lockheed-Martin and fixed Apache helicopters. The terrorists even had the gall to state that they were doing this in revenge for Apache attacks.

This isn't saying in the least, "He Got What He Deserved!" I don't believe that at all. But, it's not like they decided to take a random guy. It's a shame and tragedy for sure, as is what's happening all over that region.

It may sound heartless, but if those people want us out of there so they can go kill each other through civil war, should we really stop them? It seems even the general civilian populace sees us as aggressive invaders and occupiers.[/quote]

Could you be more of a puppet for the terrorists?

Nice moral equivilancy, he works on Apache helicopters so he got what he deserved. And you are saying that.

[quote name='Hereticked'][quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there.[/quote]

I love how one of the republican/conservative mantras is that "the democrats are the party of emotion", and that we act on impulse rather than rational thought, but then you'll read comments like these and realize what a bunch of hypocrites they are. Almost everything these sheep do is out of emotion, whether its fear of their religion dying out or fear that the "evil-doers"(TM) ARE GOING TO GET US.[/quote]

First off, my religion, or lack thereof, has no bearings ever on my decisions on how this country should be ran. Second, I have never heard that conservatives are not emotional, we are not robots. Third, the fear is real that terrorists are out to get us, because they are. They have stated so numerous times, and did you forget that they crashed 4 planes into buildings and fields on Sept. 11th, or that they recently captured a man with ties to radical terrorist groups that were planning on blowing up a shopping mall in COlumbus, OH.

As far as the sheep mentality, How many times have I heard this.

Reporter: "Who are you going to vote for this year?"
Liberal Sheep "John Kerry"
Reporter: " What makes you think he is the best candidate?"
Liberal Sheep: "Because he's not Bush" or "Anyone's better than Bush"

If you want to vote for Kerry then that is fine, but you should at least vote for him because of his policies, which accordingly to whomever he is talking to, changes everyday. Once the debates begin Kerry is all over with anyway, because he has no ideas, and the ones he does have, he cannot explain how he plans on instituting them.

[quote name='Squirms']Once the debates begin Kerry is all over with anyway, because he has no ideas, and the ones he does have, he cannot explain how he plans on instituting them.[/quote]

Yeah, the debates are going to be very interesting this time around because Bush has a lot to answer for. Last time he got a by because most people were impressed that he could string a full sentence together (he still has trouble with that). And last time he had no real record to run on since Texas has one of the weakest office of governors in the country. Kerry will do just fine.

And I'm sure lots of people voted for Bush last time because he wasn't Clinton (the Republican's Boogeyman).

Dental...that's about the worst attempt at a joke I've ever heard. One, because it wasn't funny like RichD said. Two, because it made no sense. And three, it was in very poor taste.

[quote name='MrBadExample']
And I'm sure lots of people voted for Bush last time because he wasn't Clinton (the Republican's Boogeyman).[/quote]

Clinton didn't run the last time. So noone could have voted for him anyway.

[quote name='CTLesq']Could you be more of a puppet for the terrorists?[/quote]

This nation has reacted in every way exactly how the people who perpetrated the attacks on the WTC wanted us to. We have played directly into their hands and are now fighting an intangible war not altogether different than the "war on drugs".

It is the supporters of this ridiculous LIE.... this adventure in Iraq, that are the true puppets of the "terrorsists".

[quote name='Squirms']If you want to vote for Kerry then that is fine, but you should at least vote for him because of his policies, which accordingly to whomever he is talking to, changes everyday.[/quote]

First, i was using the religion example merely as a general one, I wasn't implying your religious beliefs had any bearing (I don't even know if you have any).

But anyway..... about Kerry, despite what the media is trying to brainwash the people into believing (and its obviously working) being able to change ones mind is a mark of intelligence and thoughtfulness. I would much rather have someone leading me who can step back and analyze something objectively than one that works on pure ideaology and "stays the course" regardless of how much of a train wreck that course is turning into. All you need to hear is the word "flip flop" and its HAHAHAHAHA OMG HES A FLIP FLOPPER, WHAT A WUSS! So congratulations to you and yours on that brilliant line of thinking.

[quote name='Squirms']Once the debates begin Kerry is all over with anyway.[/quote]

LOL......

I'm sorry, that wasn't meant to be funny?

You'd better pray they let Cheney in to hold Dubya's hand during the debate like they did for the 9/11 hearing.

[quote name='Squirms'][quote name='MrBadExample']
And I'm sure lots of people voted for Bush last time because he wasn't Clinton (the Republican's Boogeyman).[/quote]

Clinton didn't run the last time. So noone could have voted for him anyway.[/quote]

I should have said wasn't associated with Clinton.

Hereticked, have you listened to anything that John Kerry has said, when it wasn't written for him? His off the cuff comments are what are going to kill him. I've heard him argue with the people that ask him questions that he doesn't want to answer. I've heard him berate people during public Q&A sessions. Just today I heard him state that the president shifted the terrorism threat from Afganistan to Iraq, yet he voted for the bill allowing it. President Bush doesn't mince words, his ideas are presented clearly, and he doesn't stray from them.
You make think that constantly changing your mind is a quality that befits a president, but it takes more courage to follow through with your agenda, than it does to jump out of the pot when it gets a little hot.

[quote name='Hereticked'][quote name='CTLesq']Could you be more of a puppet for the terrorists?[/quote]

This nation has reacted in every way exactly how the people who perpetrated the attacks on the WTC wanted us to. We have played directly into their hands and are now fighting an intangible war not altogether different than the "war on drugs".

It is the supporters of this ridiculous LIE.... this adventure in Iraq, that are the true puppets of the "terrorsists".
[/quote]

Yes, how ridiculous of us to engage in self defense.

I have some sand you could use to bury your head in if you would like.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='SevereTireDamage']I wouldn't wish it on anyone to be kidnapped, tortured, and beheaded.

It may sound heartless, but if those people want us out of there so they can go kill each other through civil war, should we really stop them? It seems even the general civilian populace sees us as aggressive invaders and occupiers.[/quote]

Could you be more of a puppet for the terrorists?

Nice moral equivilancy, he works on Apache helicopters so he got what he deserved. And you are saying that.[/quote]

I like how you ignored how many times I said that he didn't get what he deserved, and then "interpreted" what I said into something else. I'm sorry I have to make it so abundantly clear that I don't support beheadings or terrorism, because it's such an easy way out to accuse someone of being a supporter instead of actually addressing the main issue.

That being, they don't want us there, many of us Americans don't want our troops and personel there sacrificing their lives for.. what? That, as incredulous as it sounds, our presence in the Middle East is not really for humanitarian reasons at all, and has only managed to increase terrorist support against the US. If we hadn't invaded Iraq and had instead worked with local governments hunting down the terrorists (basically what we were doing immediately after 9/11) then we'd have a lot more help and a lot less of our people getting killed.

The case is this man is a shame, but I think it's just as bad for every other American soldier in the middle east right now to die for questionable motives and results. I don't blame them, they're just following orders.

At least the invasion of Afghanistan was justifable, even if we are continuing to screw up the rebuilding big time. Iraq and its suspicious motives for war (Do I even have to mention the no-bid contracts for Halliburton? Dick Cheney refusing to sell his stock?) makes me feel like I'm living in some crazy tin-foil hat world, but there's just an absurd amount of shakeups in the current administration going on.

Make all the jokes you like, if you look at my former posts I'm sure there are plenty of stupid ones from me. Yet be ready for the possibilty of someone to come along and dish some harsh criticism.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Hereticked'][quote name='CTLesq']Could you be more of a puppet for the terrorists?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, how ridiculous of us to engage in self defense.

I have some sand you could use to bury your head in if you would like.[/quote]

Self defense? I guess. Iraq WAS attacking us pretty much non-stop. And with their giant stockpile of WMDs, to boot.

[quote name='Squirms']President Bush doesn't mince words[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... sweet irony.

It takes more courage to lie to the American public and get us into a war that we have no valid reason for fighting? Uh huh....

George Bush and his gang of thugs have never stood up for anything but corporate interest.

[quote name='CTLesq']Yes, how ridiculous of us to engage in self defense.[/quote]

Iraq was never about self-defense, and anyone who has the sense god gave a gently-stewed rhubarb knows it.

[quote name='CTLesq']I have some sand you could use to bury your head in if you would like.[/quote]

Stick the sand up your ass. You can put it right next to your head.

[quote name='Squirms'] President Bush doesn't mince words[/quote]

That is the funniest thing I have read today. But you're right, Bush doesn't mince words. He mangles, shreds and decimates them until you can't understand what the hell he is saying.

I don't think we are abusive enough. I think the American public and the media sometimes forgets it's a war, and still thinks we are playing cowboys and indians.

[quote name='opportunity777']I don't think we are abusive enough. I think the American public and the media sometimes forgets it's a war, and still thinks we are playing cowboys and indians.[/quote]

Cowboys and indians involved shooting people ruthlessly and people getting parts of thier head lopped off....sounds about right to me.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday his government warned Washington that Saddam Hussein's regime was preparing attacks in the United States and its interests abroad - an assertion that appears to bolster President Bush's contention that Iraq was a threat.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Squirms']Every time I think that we may be wrong in being over there, I think about things like this, and realize that we definately do still need to be there. If these wastes of human organs can do something like this to innocent civilians who are trying to restore their country, then we haven't done enough ass kicking yet.[/quote]

not sure if yall have any clue what yall are talking about, but we invaded Iraq... this guy was beheaded by a group of people in Saudi Arabia.. we did not invade saudi arabia nor did we kill their citizens. if people spent more time trying to make an actual contribution to threads instead of trying to be smart asses, there would alot less pointless posts.

It takes more courage to lie to the American public and get us into a war that we have no valid reason for fighting?

saddam needed to be dealt with sooner or later. Apparently you have no clue about anything Saddam has done in his life.

Self defense? I guess. Iraq WAS attacking us pretty much non-stop. And with their giant stockpile of WMDs, to boot.

.. yet another smartass post. The fact that Iraq claimed to be developing a nuclear weapon seems like a big enough threat to me. So yes, us attacking them before they developed/finished developing the nuclear weapon was one way of defending ourselves. Also there were how many months between the time our weapons searches stopped and the time we invaded Iraq? i'm guessing it was plenty of time to smuggle them out of the country.

That being, they don't want us there, many of us Americans don't want our troops and personel there sacrificing their lives for.. what?

i didnt feel like quoting the whole thing and making my post even bigger, but i would like to say if he had been beheaded in Iraq, it would make more sense, but this guy was beheaded in Saudi Arabia..

But anyway..... about Kerry, despite what the media is trying to brainwash the people into believing (and its obviously working) being able to change ones mind is a mark of intelligence and thoughtfulness. I would much rather have someone leading me who can step back and analyze something objectively than one that works on pure ideaology and "stays the course" regardless of how much of a train wreck that course is turning into. All you need to hear is the word "flip flop" and its HAHAHAHAHA OMG HES A FLIP FLOPPER, WHAT A WUSS! So congratulations to you and yours on that brilliant line of thinking.

its not that he does something.. then realizes he's wrong and goes back and changes his mind. Its that he does one thing, then says another, on every issue. its not like he just changed his mind on one issue, he has done his on just about everything he has said or done. I still dont understand why every single one of your posts is a smartass post.. i really dont see the point in it, because its definitely not strengthening any of your arguments.

I love how one of the republican/conservative mantras is that "the democrats are the party of emotion", and that we act on impulse rather than rational thought, but then you'll read comments like these and realize what a bunch of hypocrites they are. Almost everything these sheep do is out of emotion, whether its fear of their religion dying out or fear that the "evil-doers"(TM) ARE GOING TO GET US.

yea cause we know those evil-doers (terrorists) would never try and attack us. (i'm trying your smartass tactic, we'll see how it works out)

bread's done
Back