U.S. hostage Johnson apparently beheaded

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='defender']same old bullshit...

Hereticked if you are so damn smart then what's the solution?
People are always so shaq-fuing quick to denouce a plan but yet can't come up with one of their own. Cmon John Kerry FanBoy...wtf would you do?

Cmon...let's hear your bright idea.[/quote]

If I may help out Hereticked here (not that he seems to need my help)...

1. Get a UN force in charge of security in Iraq. As long as there is an American face on the occupying army, they are going to be huge targets for any resistance. But before we can do that we need to...

2. Repair our relations with the UN and foreign nations. Bush has burned all his bridges internationally except for England. At this point I don't know if he could restore good will. The quickest way to do this would be a regime change here with a president who will build bridges instead of burning them.

3. Use the troops we remove from Iraq to hunt for bin Laden THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY ATTACKED US. We took some of the best and brightest we had in Afghanistan and sent them to Iraq to look for the mysterious WMD's.

4. Lean heavily on the Saudis to police their own country and round up the extremists there where the vast majority of 9/11 terrorists were from.

5. Put the screws to both Israel and the Palestinians to resolve their conflict and add some stability to the region. Not saying it would be easy, but it beats doing nothing.

6. (Get ready to roll your eyes, Fox News Kool-Aid drinkers) Encourage the development of higher mileage vehicles and raise gasoline taxes to promote less dependence on foreign oil. Otherwise we are going to keep getting dragged into these messes in the Middle East every decade until they run dry.

7. Have a truly bipartisan cabinet to try to get the country away from the constant Red vs. Blue bickering that gets nothing accomplished.

I'd also normalize relations with Cuba, raise the minimum wage, push for an end to the electoral college, have life without parole instead of the death penalty, legalize gay marriage, offer incentives for companies to give more vacation time, and establish a national health care system.

Then for my second 100 days...[/quote]

1. The UN is a weak ass piece of shit. Basically they would need the USA to enforce anything anyways. So why should we put out troops in the hands of the UN? Is it better they get ordered around by UN officials than US Generals? I think not.

2. Who cares? Does it really matter that a few ass countries don't like us? Personally I never liked the French and they havent really liked us in a long time. They didnt want to go to war in Iraq NOT because they didnt like BUSH...but because they dont like US.

3. Actually finding Bin Laden is really important. But you would still complain if we spent 80 Billion Dollars looking for ONE man instead of helping an entire country. I think the money is better spent helping build democracy in the middle east. It might work...and it might not. But its worth a shot.

4. I think we already do this. This suggestion seems rather vague to me...maybe you can be more specific on how we should "lean" on the Saudis without pissing them off or hurting Oil prices even more.

5. It's been tried by ever President. It doesnt work. Bush seemed to have tried harder than Clinton. He had that whole Road Map thing that seemed to be a plan at least for them to follow. Of course neither of them could follow through but Bush made a good plan and they did agree. Clintons Camp David accords were crapped on.

6. I 100% agree with you. I won't say shit.

7. This won't ever happen at least as far as I can see.

On Cuba--yeah sure.

On Min wage...nope not yet...maybe 3 years from now.

On Gay Marriage... NO WAY...it will be the end of this country if it happens.

Death Penalty = Justice

National Health Care= Yes 100% agree...we are far behind the rest of the civilized world on this one.

On More Vacation Time - Why? Are you lazy and you need more vacations? Go to the France where you can only work 30 hours a week or you are breaking the law. Yeah...that's true. We should all work 6 days and 60 hours a week imho.

Well that's about all I can say at 3AM. Let the flames begin. Also everything you say will fall on deaf ears. You won't convince me from anything I already believe. I just want you to know this while you type out your reply.

we might as well just start a "beheading" forum" or "kidnapped by terrorists" forum....they already have another guy kidnapped from south korea with a video out where hes begging for his life

[quote name='defender']
[/quote]

There was a day 150 years ago (hell, actually less than 50 years ago in certain parts of the country) when people would have said the same thing about interracial marriage...

I know everyone is gonna say "that's different" and you're right it is, all I'm saying is that social opinion changes.

I personally would also like to see gay marriage leagalized but unfortunetly I don't think it will be possible yet, too much religious arguements in this (religious freedom?) country.

[quote name='defender']Well that's about all I can say at 3AM. Let the flames begin. Also everything you say will fall on deaf ears. You won't convince me from anything I already believe. I just want you to know this while you type out your reply.[/quote]

Obviously I'm not going to waste my time shooting down your ideas when your willful ignorance is so strong.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='defender']
[/quote]

There was a day 150 years ago (hell, actually less than 50 years ago in certain parts of the country) when people would have said the same thing about interracial marriage...

I know everyone is gonna say "that's different" and you're right it is, all I'm saying is that social opinion changes.

I personally would also like to see gay marriage leagalized but unfortunetly I don't think it will be possible yet, too much religious arguements in this (religious freedom?) country.[/quote]

there is a big difference between interracial marriages and gay marriages....big difference....and i personally will never agree with gay marriages...ever....'nuff said

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='defender']
[/quote]

I personally would also like to see gay marriage leagalized but unfortunetly I don't think it will be possible yet, too much religious arguements in this (religious freedom?) country.[/quote]

there is a big difference between interracial marriages and gay marriages....big difference....and i personally will never agree with gay marriages...ever....'nuff said[/quote]

Thank you for basically restating exactly what I said in my post.

I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?

I personally would also like to see gay marriage leagalized but unfortunetly ....

In a free society, everything is legal unless there is a law forbidding it. Many gay marriage activists are simply using this fact to their advantage when applying for licenses that don't reqire them to be specifically for a 1 man and 1 woman.

I just had to interject for the backwards thinking that government "allows" behavior. We have the right to any behavior, save those that have been deemed illegal.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='defender']
[/quote]

there is a big difference between interracial marriages and gay marriages....big difference....and i personally will never agree with gay marriages...ever....'nuff said[/quote]

Thank you for basically restating exactly what I said in my post.

I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

marriage shouldn't be a union of 2 people and it isn't a union of 2 people...its a union of a man and a woman....i refuse to argue about it though...there is no possible way that i can change your mind and i personally dont care to, i just have my own beliefs....and if gay marriages are legalized, watch out for billy bob being aloud to marry betty the sheep :shock:

[quote name='trustcompany1013']and if gay marriages are legalized, watch out for billy bob being aloud to marry betty the sheep :shock:[/quote]

Show me ONE rational person that is pushing for gay marriage as a stepping stone to allow bestiality weddings.

Let me save you some time: YOU CAN'T because no one is trying to do that. Once again the far-right has to make up some crazy boogeyman to scare people with because they can't have a factual debate on the issue that gay people in a loving relationship want the opportunity to marry and it's not going to hurt a single person.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='trustcompany1013']and if gay marriages are legalized, watch out for billy bob being aloud to marry betty the sheep :shock:[/quote]

Show me ONE rational person that is pushing for gay marriage as a stepping stone to allow bestiality weddings.

Let me save you some time: YOU CAN'T because no one is trying to do that. Once again the far-right has to make up some crazy boogeyman to scare people with because they can't have a factual debate on the issue that gay people in a loving relationship want the opportunity to marry and it's not going to hurt a single person.[/quote]

jesus christ, whos penis is up your ass? did i say that someone was pushing for gay marriages because they secretly want to marry a damn sheep? to put it simply...no!

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='trustcompany1013']and if gay marriages are legalized, watch out for billy bob being aloud to marry betty the sheep :shock:[/quote]

Let me save you some time: YOU CAN'T because no one is trying to do that. Once again the far-right has to make up some crazy boogeyman to scare people with because they can't have a factual debate on the issue that gay people in a loving relationship want the opportunity to marry and it's not going to hurt a single person.[/quote]

jesus christ, whos penis is up your ass? did i say that someone was pushing for gay marriages because they secretly want to marry a damn sheep? to put it simply...no![/quote]

Apparently you can't read your own quotes.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='trustcompany1013']and if gay marriages are legalized, watch out for billy bob being aloud to marry betty the sheep :shock:[/quote]

jesus christ, whos penis is up your ass? did i say that someone was pushing for gay marriages because they secretly want to marry a damn sheep? to put it simply...no![/quote]

Apparently you can't read your own quotes.[/quote]

you're retarded

[quote name='trustcompany1013']you're retarded[/quote]

Brilliant debating style, Sir. You have one-upped me this time. I'll certainly remember your formidable forensic skills before I tangle with you again.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='trustcompany1013']you're retarded[/quote]

Brilliant debating style, Sir. You have one-upped me this time. I'll certainly remember your formidable forensic skills before I tangle with you again.[/quote]

Hey, lay off. A gay person killed his entire family. He's got every right to his irrational hatred of homosexuals.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='defender']
[/quote]

[/quote]

In Christianity and other Religions, being Homosexual is against Gods will.
Marrying one of Different race was never written dirrectly in scripture, people just altered the way they said stuff.

I, like trustcompany1013, am against gays and gay marriage and i have my beliefs that i back 100%.
1. The UN is a weak ass piece of shit. Basically they would need the USA to enforce anything anyways. So why should we put out troops in the hands of the UN? Is it better they get ordered around by UN officials than US Generals? I think not.
2. Who cares? Does it really matter that a few ass countries don't like us? Personally I never liked the French and they havent really liked us in a long time. They didnt want to go to war in Iraq NOT because they didnt like BUSH...but because they dont like US.
3. Actually finding Bin Laden is really important. But you would still complain if we spent 80 Billion Dollars looking for ONE man instead of helping an entire country. I think the money is better spent helping build democracy in the middle east. It might work...and it might not. But its worth a shot.
4. I think we already do this. This suggestion seems rather vague to me...maybe you can be more specific on how we should "lean" on the Saudis without pissing them off or hurting Oil prices even more.
5. It's been tried by ever President. It doesnt work. Bush seemed to have tried harder than Clinton. He had that whole Road Map thing that seemed to be a plan at least for them to follow. Of course neither of them could follow through but Bush made a good plan and they did agree. Clintons Camp David accords were crapped on.
6 I 100% agree with you. I won't say shit.
7. This won't ever happen at least as far as I can see.
On Cuba--yeah sure.
On Min wage...nope not yet...maybe 3 years from now.
Death Penalty = Justice
National Health Care= Yes 100% agree...we are far behind the rest of the civilized world on this one.
On More Vacation Time - Why? Are you lazy and you need more vacations? Go to the France where you can only work 30 hours a week or you are breaking the law. Yeah...that's true. We should all work 6 days and 60 hours a week imho.
defender

1 Agree w/ Defender, UN is a an organization to help get rid of terrorism, but they are also behind peace, they don't want a nuclear war to break out, don't blame them, becuase someone went to war. They couldn't find the wmd becuase what Collin Powel found is most likey true, they have mobile stations to move during the war with the US. and prior to then.

2.Defender is right, GET OVER IT, we live in the MOST HATED COUNTRY, because we have power in this world, we have wealth and things like video games that third world countries could never have, and we're supposed to help them and that's why they hate us but when we help we're getting in the way. anyways BUSH hasn't done a damn thing wrong.

3. Bin Laden needs to be found, we need to help other countries but it's not really our problem to fix their country, no problem helping them but our agenda stays intact if any of their stuff need to be done.

4. doesn't make since to me. but the Saudis should police there own country and we should get out or find who we want while we are there.

5. They are not a threat to us. we need to help but we had a bigger problem with 9/11.

6. We have our own oil and we could use it, we should stop using theirs and use our own.

7.Don't want it happening.

Cuba sure we need to work on it.
Min wage raise, is B.S., won't happen.
No end on electoral college.
or better yet addopt China's system, Eye for an Eye,
ex, you rape 3 people and kill one with a gun the other by stragulation and the other you don't, you get your sexual organ mutalated then are shot and stragled to death. won't happen but hey, crimes rates would drop, rob somebody, return 200% and jail time.

Gay marriage stupid i'm 100% AGAINST IT. i hate it and i makes me sick

vacation time, shut up, i know you love John Kerry and all by the way you talk but, can we have some politcial points, not empty promisies.

Health care, yeah sure, but i don't like the whole don't work and live off workers comp. and federal money, those people suck, if you get in to problem laid off, health, that's what it's their for not for, lazy ass men and women who get knocked up and have a family, split after a few months and still party ignore their kids, sleep around.

Same here, don't try to change my perfectly fine beleifs to your gay, lazy
ass Dumbocrat B.S.

Hey, Don't you Just love election year?

[quote name='fireball343']Same here, don't try to change my perfectly fine beleifs to your gay, lazy
ass Dumbocrat B.S.

Hey, Don't you Just love election year?[/quote]

Once again the political debate has been elevated to an astonishing level. I take my hat off to you. I didn't think it was possible to lower the bar any further but you have proved me wrong.

Query: besides the obvious family murders influencing people to hate them, what are the logical reasons to stand against gay marriage?

I was always for gay marriage because that meant that society becomes more accepting of it and guys don't have to date women if they don't want to -- now, that just means more women for straight guys. It's a win-win situation.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, by definition. You can't just go around redefining words to fit the changing social environment. If you start doing that, then 50 years from now, we'll be having the argument for polygamous marriages, with people saying, 'Shouldn't marriage be a union of people who love each other? Why should it only be limited to two people?" When you start redefining words, then society suffers.

[quote name='abates17'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, by definition. You can't just go around redefining words to fit the changing social environment. If you start doing that, then 50 years from now, we'll be having the argument for polygamous marriages, with people saying, 'Shouldn't marriage be a union of people who love each other? Why should it only be limited to two people?" When you start redefining words, then society suffers.[/quote]

Let's see here... words that have been redefined over our country's history for the betterment of society.

1. Population - originally slaves only counted as 3/5 of a person for the census.

2. Voter - women couldn't vote until 1920.

3. Marriage - in colonial times most marriages were arranged for financial gain rather than love.

All gay people are asking for are the same benefits as heterosexuals. No more, no less. There are various benefits, financial and otherwise, to a marriage as opposed to a civil union. If history is any indication, people will not be denied their basic rights. In the last 10 years alone there has been a big shift towards more acceptance of gays and society hasn't suffered at all.

[quote name='MrBadExample']In the last 10 years alone there has been a big shift towards more acceptance of gays and society hasn't suffered at all.[/quote]

Well, television has.

The terrorists who captured a South Korean businessman have said that if the South Korean government deploys troops in Iraq like they've planned, the terrorists will behead the South Korean man... the South Korean government then announced that they will not negotiate with terrorists..

we'll see how this one pans out.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='abates17'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, by definition. You can't just go around redefining words to fit the changing social environment. If you start doing that, then 50 years from now, we'll be having the argument for polygamous marriages, with people saying, 'Shouldn't marriage be a union of people who love each other? Why should it only be limited to two people?" When you start redefining words, then society suffers.[/quote]

Let's see here... words that have been redefined over our country's history for the betterment of society.

1. Population - originally slaves only counted as 3/5 of a person for the census.

3. Marriage - in colonial times most marriages were arranged for financial gain rather than love.

All gay people are asking for are the same benefits as heterosexuals. No more, no less. There are various benefits, financial and otherwise, to a marriage as opposed to a civil union. If history is any indication, people will not be denied their basic rights. In the last 10 years alone there has been a big shift towards more acceptance of gays and society hasn't suffered at all.[/quote]

The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='abates17'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

All gay people are asking for are the same benefits as heterosexuals. No more, no less. There are various benefits, financial and otherwise, to a marriage as opposed to a civil union. If history is any indication, people will not be denied their basic rights. In the last 10 years alone there has been a big shift towards more acceptance of gays and society hasn't suffered at all.[/quote]

The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Except that marriage predates the Bible by quite a bit, so it certainly wasn't originally "under god."

edit: also, it's argueable that Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed just because of homosexuality. They were just generally immoral and the people calling for the sexing up of the angels was what pushed god over the edge. As such, most people who use the bible as a reference to bash homosexuality use the much more explicit passage about men not laying with mankind as they do womankind and don't bring S&G up so much anymore.

[quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Hahaha, the Adam and STEve part is pretty funny. I agree with what you're saying, though. And we've had this topic before that God is against homosexual relationships. If these people want to have a Christian marriage, one that is recognized by God, then i believe they should have to abide by what he said when he joined the first two people to be married.

Leviticus 18:22 says "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination."

That's not just some guy talking either, that is God personally speaking, so all you people who think God doesn't mind homosexual relationships are really wrong.

Personally, I think it's wrong for people to have a homosexual relationship, and I don't believe they have a right in any way, shape or form to be wed or even have the same rights and privileges that married people do.

Nor do I believe they have a right to adopt and raise a child. But all this boils down to what you believe. If you believe that homosexual relationships are okay, then of course you're going to disagree with me. However, I think everyone has the right to voice their opinion whether everyone in the world thinks they are wrong without any repercussion. So go ahead and voice your beliefs. I will never personally attack you because of them.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I will never personally attack you because of them.[/quote]

Because that's my job.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Leviticus 18:22 says "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination."

That's not just some guy talking either, that is God personally speaking, so all you people who think God doesn't mind homosexual relationships are really wrong.[/quote]

That's the passage I was talkin' about. Though, it's still not correct to aim it against gays, since it's clearly talking about fistulas for sexual purposes (which everyone can agree is messed up), not homosexuality (since you'll notice he doesn't condemn hot girl on girl action at the same time.)

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Hahaha, the Adam and STEve part is pretty funny. I agree with what you're saying, though. And we've had this topic before that God is against homosexual relationships. If these people want to have a Christian marriage, one that is recognized by God, then i believe they should have to abide by what he said when he joined the first two people to be married.

That's not just some guy talking either, that is God personally speaking, so all you people who think God doesn't mind homosexual relationships are really wrong.

Personally, I think it's wrong for people to have a homosexual relationship, and I don't believe they have a right in any way, shape or form to be wed or even have the same rights and privileges that married people do.

Nor do I believe they have a right to adopt and raise a child. But all this boils down to what you believe. If you believe that homosexual relationships are okay, then of course you're going to disagree with me. However, I think everyone has the right to voice their opinion whether everyone in the world thinks they are wrong without any repercussion. So go ahead and voice your beliefs. I will never personally attack you because of them.[/quote]

The bottom of your post is absolutely how I feel. I am not going to judge you as its not my job.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='abates17'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Except that marriage predates the Bible by quite a bit, so it certainly wasn't originally "under god."

edit: also, it's argueable that Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed just because of homosexuality. They were just generally immoral and the people calling for the sexing up of the angels was what pushed god over the edge. As such, most people who use the bible as a reference to bash homosexuality use the much more explicit passage about men not laying with mankind as they do womankind and don't bring S&G up so much anymore.[/quote]

Okay, I agree that Sodom and Gommorah had a lot of sin in their cities, but you can't say that their homosexuality sins didn't add to the fact of their downfall. Especially when God says it's an abomination.

Thanks to the wonderful country we live in, people are free to believe in any religion they choose or none at all. All marriages in the US are not Christian, some are Muslim, some are Jewish, some are Hindu and some have no religious affiliation whatsoever. Marriages only have to be recognized by the state, not by any church anywhere so any religious grounds opposing gay marriage are moot. The same freedom of religion that doesn't make me worship your god will not force any church to marry a gay couple. Unless you are in a gay marriage it won't affect you at all.

Nor do I believe they have a right to adopt and raise a child. But all this boils down to what you believe. If you believe that homosexual relationships are okay, then of course you're going to disagree with me. However, I think everyone has the right to voice their opinion whether everyone in the world thinks they are wrong without any repercussion. So go ahead and voice your beliefs. I will never personally attack you because of them.[/quote]

god says masterbation is wrong and you shouldnt waste your seed, but I wonder how many of you quoting the bible who are against gay marriages do that, or pre marital sex. You can no pick and choose what to follow in the bible. Thats horse shit, people use it when its convienant, deal with gay marraige its goin to be here to stay.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='abates17'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I am cuious though, without turning this into an arguement, what are your reasonings for your opposition to gay marriage? Shouldn't marriage be a union of 2 people that want to spend the rest of their lives together?[/quote]

edit: also, it's argueable that Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed just because of homosexuality. They were just generally immoral and the people calling for the sexing up of the angels was what pushed god over the edge. As such, most people who use the bible as a reference to bash homosexuality use the much more explicit passage about men not laying with mankind as they do womankind and don't bring S&G up so much anymore.[/quote]

Okay, I agree that Sodom and Gommorah had a lot of sin in their cities, but you can't say that their homosexuality sins didn't add to the fact of their downfall. Especially when God says it's an abomination.[/quote]

No, but the straight perverts were just as much to blame as the gay ones. Also, god didn't say that. It's been misinterpreted. See my above post.

[quote name='jmcc']That's the passage I was talkin' about. Though, it's still not correct to aim it against gays, since it's clearly talking about fistulas for sexual purposes (which everyone can agree is messed up), not homosexuality (since you'll notice he doesn't condemn hot girl on girl action at the same time.)[/quote]

So are you saying that God thinks it's okay for men to be married to each other, raise kids and lead a normal, healthy life, but they can never go pooper diving?

And I think it's fair to say no one has a problem with two beautiful women showing each other beautiful affection with each other. :D

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

god says masterbation is wrong and you shouldnt waste your seed, but I wonder how many of you quoting the bible who are against gay marriages do that, or pre marital sex. You can no pick and choose what to follow in the bible. Thats horse shit, people use it when its convienant, deal with gay marraige its goin to be here to stay.[/quote]

Actually, god was pissed at that guy for wanking it instead of having sex with his brother's wife as ordered by god...which doesn't make a real good case for the sanctity of marriage coming from the big guy.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

god says masterbation is wrong and you shouldnt waste your seed, but I wonder how many of you quoting the bible who are against gay marriages do that, or pre marital sex. You can no pick and choose what to follow in the bible. Thats horse shit, people use it when its convienant, deal with gay marraige its goin to be here to stay.[/quote]

Okay, sinning and living in sin everyday are two separate things. People sin everyday by doing some of the smallest things. But when you are fighting for the law to change and let you have the right to sin is a totally different thing all together.

But if you really want to stick with biblical teachings:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Snake2715']The funny thing is and I have no idea if its been said or not as I am not reading this whole post. But marriage is a union under GOD. If these homosexual couples want to be "married" then we should allow some other form of union that gives them these "tax" benefits. God didnt create Adam and STEve. He created Adam and Eve. He took a whole city out due to this homosexual crap. Its a union under God. This gay marriage crap is against GOD. So why would they want to be unioned under him, if he doesnt want it? I dont follow other religions but these people are going down the wrong path if their christians or claim to be.[/quote]

Okay, sinning and living in sin everyday are two separate things. People sin everyday by doing some of the smallest things. But when you are fighting for the law to change and let you have the right to sin is a totally different thing all together.[/quote]

see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.[/quote]

I agree. Anyone with a dog-riding monkey avatar must be right.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.[/quote]

I agree. Anyone with a dog-riding monkey avatar must be right.[/quote]

thanx Morbo, I just hope you dont eat me and take over my planet

[quote name='MrBadExample']But if you really want to stick with biblical teachings:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

[/quote]

Okay, that's a good one. But I have to tell you that was the first covenant, or old testament, that God had with man. When Jesus came, he ushured in a new covenant, thus the need for the new testament.

Jesus took away the first covenant to establish the second covenant (Hebrews 10:9).

But I'm going to work on what you posted and I'll post what I find in a bit.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.[/quote]

By your logic then, it's okay for a 16 year old girl to have the right to abort her unborn child because it would make her happier.

I'm not saying that society isn't going to accept gay marriages. I, in fact, agree with you and believe it will. But I still have the right to voice my opinion and say that I believe it's wrong. Just like you have the right to say it's okay.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.[/quote]

By your logic then, it's okay for a 16 year old girl to have the right to abort her unborn child because it would make her happier.

I'm not saying that society isn't going to accept gay marriages. I, in fact, agree with you and believe it will. But I still have the right to voice my opinion and say that I believe it's wrong. Just like you have the right to say it's okay.[/quote]

agree with your second thought, I am fine with agreeing to disagree, also I really dont feel like talkin about abortion now too

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']see but now u are mixing government law and religous law and even though they cross over in a couple examples like not killing people, they really need to be seperated. I have no problem following their religous beliefs, but when they effect others way of life negatively that when I get annoyed. Just because a major christian majority does not wany gays to be married does not mean they should sway government officials. Everyone is supposed to have equal rights in the pursuit of happiness and that is what people like you are blocking. A majority of people wanted to keep whites and blacks seperate but that was morally wrong so it was changed for the best interest of the country and the same will happen with gay people, it will just take time.[/quote]

I'm not saying that society isn't going to accept gay marriages. I, in fact, agree with you and believe it will. But I still have the right to voice my opinion and say that I believe it's wrong. Just like you have the right to say it's okay.[/quote]

agree with your second thought, I am fine with agreeing to disagree, also I really dont feel like talkin about abortion now too[/quote]

Yeah, that may be a topic we shouldn't get into. But I was just trying to get the point across that because something makes someone feel better, it doesn't mean the should have the right to do it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, that's a good one. But I have to tell you that was the first covenant, or old testament, that God had with man. When Jesus came, he ushured in a new covenant, thus the need for the new testament.

Jesus took away the first covenant to establish the second covenant (Hebrews 10:9).

But I'm going to work on what you posted and I'll post what I find in a bit.[/quote]

But the part about man not lying with another man is from Leviticus too just like most of the stuff in the letter to Dr. Laura.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='MrBadExample']But if you really want to stick with biblical teachings:

Dear Dr. Laura,

[/quote]

Okay, that's a good one. But I have to tell you that was the first covenant, or old testament, that God had with man. When Jesus came, he ushured in a new covenant, thus the need for the new testament.

But I'm going to work on what you posted and I'll post what I find in a bit.[/quote]

I am not sure if u are aware of this but u should really be careful when u talk about the "old testament" cause actually that can offend some Jewish people. Even though u believe its the old testament, its the Jews only book. So when you say that it is kinda putting down the Jewish faith, its a common mistake and I am not knockin u for it, I am just letting u know

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, that's a good one. But I have to tell you that was the first covenant, or old testament, that God had with man. When Jesus came, he ushured in a new covenant, thus the need for the new testament.

I am not sure if u are aware of this but u should really be careful when u talk about the "old testament" cause actually that can offend some Jewish people. Even though u believe its the old testament, its the Jews only book. So when you say that it is kinda putting down the Jewish faith, its a common mistake and I am not knockin u for it, I am just letting u know[/quote]

The old testament and the Talmud are two different things.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='MrBadExample']But if you really want to stick with biblical teachings:

Dear Dr. Laura,

[/quote]

I am not sure if u are aware of this but u should really be careful when u talk about the "old testament" cause actually that can offend some Jewish people. Even though u believe its the old testament, its the Jews only book. So when you say that it is kinda putting down the Jewish faith, its a common mistake and I am not knockin u for it, I am just letting u know[/quote]

I understand what the Jews believe, but I really don't care too much if I offend them by stating what my Christian beliefs are. I'm stating my facts based on my religion, not Judaism.

I mean you should care what the Jews believe that is when the end of days is happening when the Jews return to Israel, that when Jesus is supposed to come back

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, that's a good one. But I have to tell you that was the first covenant, or old testament, that God had with man. When Jesus came, he ushured in a new covenant, thus the need for the new testament.

But the part about man not lying with another man is from Leviticus too just like most of the stuff in the letter to Dr. Laura.[/quote]

Yes, you are right, but there are several things that when Jesus was going about his ministry said was okay. That's partly the reason why the Pharasees and Saducees hated him so much.

It's going to take me a while to find all the facts and report them back. I've said it before, that I'm not a model Christian and I haven't memorized the Bible, so I have to look it all up.

bread's done
Back