U.S. hostage Johnson apparently beheaded

[quote name='defender']So you are basically stating you DONT have a reason that I should be for gay-marriage?

Many here have stated LOGICAL reasons to be against gay marriage. Sorry but I dont have to google for results to know that I get tax breaks for being married. And I also dont need to prove that if the gay population suddenly got extra tax benefits from marriage that the money wouldnt come from my pockets. It's common sense. If I have to prove common sense to you then maybe that's the problem. Maybe you lack commen sense enough to know that gay marriage isnt something we should condone or allow by law.

I have stated over and over again my reason to against gay marriage.

I havent heard ONE of you state a reason why I should be for it.

PLEASE STATE THE REASONS WHY I SHOULD BE FOR GAY MARRIAGE.[/quote]

those are reasons, they are tax paying americans, so u would rather have people get married for tax benefits who are straight, than a gay couple to get tax benefits but are in love?

Plus my comparison to gays/pedophillia and interacial marriage/beastiliaty is a fair comparison because they both have nothing to do with the other, straight men are a lot more likely to be pedophilliacs then gays.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='defender']Are you even Gay? Or married? Do you have any kids? Because if the answer to these questions is NO then your opinion on the subject is meaningless to me. You are entitled to your opinion but I dont see what experience you have with the matter or how you should even care about it.

I want to hear the reason why gays should the right to be married...Please oh please oh please tell me them. I want to smack you right in the face with my reply. It will go something like this.

1. Gay should be married because they have a right to like everyone else.

My reply: Ok...so do incestual couples. NEXT

Cmon...state the reasons WHY I should be for gay marriages.

Lets go...cmon ...you all rebuttle our reasons to be against it but how about you state why your for it....whats the logic?[/quote]

1. Because US citizens should have the right to marry.
2. Because it is really non of your business, just like it is none of my business if you have an interracial marriage.
3. Because religion is mostly dominating the argument, which really should have no part of gov actions.
4. Gays and pedophillia have nothing in common, that is a horrible example, its like comparing interracial marriage and beastilaity.
5. Who the hell cares what other countries think what we do, we went to war when most countries condemned it and most americans dont care.
6. When you dont allow gays to marry and just give them a civil union it decreases their status as citizens.
7. All US citizens are created equal, and have the right to pursue happiness.[/quote]

Excellent finally...someone with some backbone.

1. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
2. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
3. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
4. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
5. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
6. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
7. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.

Yeah....now do you see PART of the problem? It's a can of worms that's opened up when you allow gay marriage. It's basically opening up the definition of marriage to people who love each other. Which I am sure Michael Jacksons lawyer could use. Sorry but some pedophiles argue very convincingly that they LOVE each other and no one was hurt. How about a 14 yr old boy and a 40 yr old woman? Surely a 14 year old understands what love is. Why not allow them to marry? How about a 12 year old? Might as well go 10 or 8 now too...

There has to be limits that you will accept. Sorry but gay marriage is beyond my limit of acceptance. I won't recognize it.

And for the record...my wife and I have close family friends who are not only lesbians but also have 2 kids. One of them got inserted with a gay male couple and now the 4 of them are "parents". We visit them often enough and my wife considers her a best friend. My wife also does not agree with being gay and is extremely scared of her kids being gay. That doesn't mean we treat our friends with any less respect. It's not like you can convince me a person is born gay. It's a choice or something that may happen during upbringing. One woman in this relationship was married twice and then one day a lesbian fell in love with her and she decided to be with her...fine..have fun that's what I say. But my opinion is that it's wrong morally. I don't have to agree with someone to like them. Heck..how often do 2 people agree on everything anyways. If they did wtf would they ever talk about? The weather?

Blah.

I have seen plenty of reasons why you should be for it. You are just choosing to ignore these things. The truth is that you are just a thick headed idiot who will not listen to anyone, and you are just here to argue and for no other reason. So please do everyone a favor and shut the $#*& up.

[quote name='mikewins']I have seen plenty of reasons why you should be for it. You are just choosing to ignore these things. The truth is that you are just a thick headed idiot who will not listen to anyone, and you are just here to argue and for no other reason. So please do everyone a favor and shut the $#*& up.[/quote]

Nice name calling. You win the biggest boob reward for contributing nothing to the debate. Please go troll elsewhere.

i believe defender is wanting you to look at it like you are selling him something, kinda.

if you are selling a care and someone asks "why should i buy this car?" you wouldnt say "other cars have been bought, these cars should be bought too."

defender is wanting you to convince him as to why he should support it.

Not trolling. Simply trying to point out that you are not actually paying any attention to the points that people are making. You are just discounting them and stating your same point over and over again. That is all.

every one has the right to get married, though to have sex their is a consenting age, so pedephillia would be out. Incest is dif, if it falls under the young age that has already been covered. Incest is an act, marriage is a ceremony. Gov can incest because it is illegal, there are no other forms of it that are legal, but on the gay front government can't the right of marriage unless people are using it for citizenship

there are 3 pictures of his head... each just as sickening as the other 2.

i just saw the video of the first guy being deheaded... lets just say i dont ever want to see anything like that again.

You can't compare gays or interracial couples for marriage to pedophilia, beastiliaty or other like lifestyles for marriage. Marriage requires both parties to give legal consent. Children and non-humans are by law considered incapable of doing so. So that rules out pedophilia and beastility as possibilites for marriage. Polygamy would be a matter of law too, for it to be legal a state's constituation would have to allow it, but most laws require marriage to be between 2 people, not 5.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='defender']Are you even Gay? Or married? Do you have any kids? Because if the answer to these questions is NO then your opinion on the subject is meaningless to me. You are entitled to your opinion but I dont see what experience you have with the matter or how you should even care about it.

I want to hear the reason why gays should the right to be married...Please oh please oh please tell me them. I want to smack you right in the face with my reply. It will go something like this.

1. Gay should be married because they have a right to like everyone else.

My reply: Ok...so do incestual couples. NEXT

Cmon...state the reasons WHY I should be for gay marriages.

Lets go...cmon ...you all rebuttle our reasons to be against it but how about you state why your for it....whats the logic?[/quote]

2. Because it is really non of your business, just like it is none of my business if you have an interracial marriage.
3. Because religion is mostly dominating the argument, which really should have no part of gov actions.
4. Gays and pedophillia have nothing in common, that is a horrible example, its like comparing interracial marriage and beastilaity.
5. Who the hell cares what other countries think what we do, we went to war when most countries condemned it and most americans dont care.
6. When you dont allow gays to marry and just give them a civil union it decreases their status as citizens.
7. All US citizens are created equal, and have the right to pursue happiness.[/quote]

Excellent finally...someone with some backbone.

1. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
2. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
3. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
4. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
5. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
6. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.
7. Same could be said for an incestual couple of Dad and Daughter.

Yeah....now do you see PART of the problem? It's a can of worms that's opened up when you allow gay marriage. It's basically opening up the definition of marriage to people who love each other. Which I am sure Michael Jacksons lawyer could use. Sorry but some pedophiles argue very convincingly that they LOVE each other and no one was hurt. How about a 14 yr old boy and a 40 yr old woman? Surely a 14 year old understands what love is. Why not allow them to marry? How about a 12 year old? Might as well go 10 or 8 now too...

There has to be limits that you will accept. Sorry but gay marriage is beyond my limit of acceptance. I won't recognize it.

And for the record...my wife and I have close family friends who are not only lesbians but also have 2 kids. One of them got inserted with a gay male couple and now the 4 of them are "parents". We visit them often enough and my wife considers her a best friend. My wife also does not agree with being gay and is extremely scared of her kids being gay. That doesn't mean we treat our friends with any less respect. It's not like you can convince me a person is born gay. It's a choice or something that may happen during upbringing. One woman in this relationship was married twice and then one day a lesbian fell in love with her and she decided to be with her...fine..have fun that's what I say. But my opinion is that it's wrong morally. I don't have to agree with someone to like them. Heck..how often do 2 people agree on everything anyways. If they did wtf would they ever talk about? The weather?

Blah.[/quote]

I don't know why you continue to equate incest and/or pedophilia to homosexuality. Incest is outlawed (officially) because it would produce bad offspring. Pedophilia is a crime because it's determined that children under a certain age cannot be considered sexual. Homosexual marriage is between two consenting adults is based on love (even moreso than straight marriage, because it eliminates the possibility of shotgun weddings.) I know you think you're making a good point when you keep bringind them up, but you're not, and this isn't the first time, even in this thread, that your argument has been debunked.

[quote name='mikewins']Not trolling. Simply trying to point out that you are not actually paying any attention to the points that people are making. You are just discounting them and stating your same point over and over again. That is all.[/quote]

Then that's what you should have said. Calling me names isnt necessary.

I am not an idiot and telling me to stfu is asinine.

Polygamy would be a matter of law too, for it to be legal a state's constituation would have to allow it, but most laws require marriage to be between 2 people, not 5.

most laws require it to be between a man and a woman also, but people seem to want to change that.

like i've said, if you legalize gay marriage nationwide, then polygamists will want the right to get married.. then incestual couples.. then the whole sacred-ness surrounding marriage would be fuxxored.

what about 6? well, yea, marrige should only be between a BIOLOGICAL female, and male. people theses day.. soon youll get something like all the biological women are men, and vise verca.

I blame the heterosexuals. If they hadn't started marrying one another then the gays wouldn't want to get married now. Next thing you know, we'll have to treat all people equally, goddamit!

A few other notes: the day gay marriage is made legal I want everyone who is vehemently against the idea to think "wow, so this is how KKK members feel every day when they get up knowing that all groups they hate are allowed to live free in this country. This sucks."

and

Confidential to Defender: as someone trying to sell stuff to people you might want to keep your beliefs to yourself. I'm sorry to say that, as open-minded as I try to be in real life, I'm not really too raring to buy from VGD knowing what a bigot you are. I was willing to look the other way a while back when you used "dyke" as a slur against deadzone, but now this...it's pretty indefensible even for someone who loves to play devil's advocate.

Incestual couples can easily test the baby long before the abortion phase. Also I thought the ability to procreate wasn't the point of marriage and that it was for love. What if the DAD had a visectimy and couldnt get his daughter pregnant?

Also please show me what age do pedophiles "hurt" children. I am sure that its under the legal age by many years. Let's see that study you are talking about that "determined" this. Or is it just basic common sense.

I personally equate all sexual deviant behaviors.

Gay sex
Pedophilia
Bestialily

To me these are all categories of sexual deviancy beyond natural sex. Heck..even oral and anal sex fall into this. It's true I love some good head but I aint gonna tell you that I should get some special rights because of it.

Enjoy. I am glad I am really infuriating some of you. It just means that I am winning since you obviously can't debunk much of what I say. If you cant make me change my mind then you cant change anyones mind about it and this must really piss you off. It must suck to support something that just about everyone else thinks is wrong.

[quote name='defender']Incestual couples can easily test the baby long before the abortion phase. Also I thought the ability to procreate wasn't the point of marriage and that it was for love. What if the DAD had a visectimy and couldnt get his daughter pregnant?

Also please show me what age do pedophiles "hurt" children. I am sure that its under the legal age by many years. Let's see that study you are talking about that "determined" this. Or is it just basic common sense.

I personally equate all sexual deviant behaviors.

Gay sex
Pedophilia
Bestialily

To me these are all categories of sexual deviancy beyond natural sex. Heck..even oral and anal sex fall into this. It's true I love some good head but I aint gonna tell you that I should get some special rights because of it.

Enjoy. I am glad I am really infuriating some of you. It just means that I am winning since you obviously can't debunk much of what I say. If you cant make me change my mind then you cant change anyones mind about it and this must really piss you off. It must suck to support something that just about everyone else thinks is wrong.[/quote]

take gay sex out, replace it with gay MALE sex. i think female sex is ok. =] sorry if i offend any chicks

interesting.. i haven't follow this page.. but first page was about some dude getting beheaded.. and this page now.. is a bunch of moron calling each other names.. and deviating from the points.. oh well.. Internet debate is great..

[quote name='MrBadExample']Why are you so anal about definitions anyway?[/quote]

"Anal"? See, gay marriage has already infected our language! (Okay, bad joke.)

But seriously, I'm anal about definitions because words mean things. By redefining words out of convenience, you dilute the meaning and affect our culture as a whole.

[quote name='MrBadExample']Gay marriages are not going to threaten any heterosexual marriages at all. Are heterosexual couples going to start breaking up because gays can marry? It's a silly argument.[/quote]

It affects the institution of marriage, yes. Marriage used to be a significant and life-changing event; now, Britney Spears gets married over the weekend and gets it annulled on Monday. Things like that, and the redefinition of marriage, hurt marriage as a whole.

[quote name='MrBadExample']So the definition of marriage becomes more inclusive. So shaq-fuing what! Sorry, Webster, you have to buy a new dictionary. Get over it.

Welcome to the 21st century, people! In 30 years the fight against gay marriage is going to look as stupid and ill-advised as the fight for to keep black people in the back of the bus.[/quote]

It's a slippery slope, that's all I'm saying. And the "back of the bus" analogy is flawed; just because some laws were changed isn't a justification for any law to be changed. "Yeah, you think that murder should be illegal, but 50 years ago, people thought that black people shouldn't marry white people!"

marriage is a sacred thing between a man and a woman.

you cannot bend the rules for some and not others..

if you bend the rules to make it between man and man, and woman and woman.. then you must aslo allow it to be for the guy who wants to marry 2 or more women.. or the guy who wants to marry his dog... or the daughter that wants to marry her dad...

[quote name='jmcc']A few other notes: the day gay marriage is made legal I want everyone who is vehemently against the idea to think "wow, so this is how KKK members feel every day when they get up knowing that all groups they hate are allowed to live free in this country. This sucks."

and

Confidential to Defender: as someone trying to sell stuff to people you might want to keep your beliefs to yourself. I'm sorry to say that, as open-minded as I try to be in real life, I'm not really too raring to buy from VGD knowing what a bigot you are. I was willing to look the other way a while back when you used "dyke" as a slur against deadzone, but now this...it's pretty indefensible even for someone who loves to play devil's advocate.[/quote]

First of all...I never said HATE. I have even stated that I like plent of people who are gay... Them being gay is their issue and I dont really care.
I am pretty sure you dont like me personally anyways jmcc and if you dont buy from VGD because you dont like me then fine. I am a person on this forums. I am not here to please you. I aint even here to make customers...that's just a side effect. I am here at CAG because I generally like the people, the mood, the topics, and heck even the debates I enjoy as long as people remain civil. Funny how you choose to not agree with me personally and decide that buying from me must be wrong. Do you do the same diligence with all your purchases? You do realize that just about all of America is against gay marriage. Just because I am in this forums as Jesse Labrocca posting in an off-topic forums about gay marriage shouldnt mean jack shit to you if I have a good deal on a game and I give you great customer service.

If it makes you feel better. I would A) never march or protest against gay marriage B) give political money to those that do part A.' In the end gays will most likely win some extra rights and maybe even marriage...will it really affect me day to day...most likely not. In the end it's just something I believe is wrong...sort of like J.Lo and Ben Affleck doing a movie together. My personal stake in gay marriages has been stated. I have also stated my moral beliefs about it. I don't really care all that much who agrees or not with me. I do what I want and that's me. If you respect that good..then I can respect you too.

[quote name='defender']I personally equate all sexual deviant behaviors.

Gay sex
Pedophilia
Bestialily
[/quote]

gay sex hasn't been considered deviant by the psychiatrists since the 70's so you're about thirty years behind the times.

Enjoy. I am glad I am really infuriating some of you. It just means that I am winning since you obviously can't debunk much of what I say.

Sorry to let you down, but you aren't infuriating me. I'm amused. Haven't even broke a mental sweat yet.

And we have already debunked everything you've said. You just don't realize it.

You haven't debunked my tax problem or the issue of incestual marriages being legal after gay marriages have opened the argument that any 2 people who love each other can be married.

While a rebuttle was made....I do believe I answered it wisely...but to recap.

I stated gay marriage wasnt different than an adult incestual relationship. The rebuttle was that an incestual couple would have deformed kids. My reply was "what if the dad couldnt have kids?" and also I thought having kids wasnt a prerequisite for getting married and that it was about love.

Sorry but any argument made for gay marriage can be made for incestual ones. You simple can't argue out of that.

[quote name='defender']Incestual couples can easily test the baby long before the abortion phase. Also I thought the ability to procreate wasn't the point of marriage and that it was for love. What if the DAD had a visectimy and couldnt get his daughter pregnant?[/quote]

Like I said, that was the "official" reason. The taboo is there because if it was acceptable to get sex from family members people would have no reason to ever leave their home.

[quote name='defender']Also please show me what age do pedophiles "hurt" children. I am sure that its under the legal age by many years. Let's see that study you are talking about that "determined" this. Or is it just basic common sense.[/quote]

I'm not clear on the point you're making here. Would you clarify? I'm fairly sure you're not arguing that pedophilia laws are wrong, but I can't be sure of anything from you anymore.

[quote name='defender']I personally equate all sexual deviant behaviors.

Gay sex
Pedophilia
Bestialily[/quote]

That's good that you do. Completely wrong, but good, I suppose.

[quote name='defender']To me these are all categories of sexual deviancy beyond natural sex. Heck..even oral and anal sex fall into this. It's true I love some good head but I aint gonna tell you that I should get some special rights because of it.[/quote]

It's not a "special right" for homosexuals to get married, it's punishment that they can't. They make up a small portion of society and are denied the rights that the vast majority have because of their sexual orientation. That's not ethical or moral for a society as advanced as ours to do.

[quote name='defender']Enjoy. I am glad I am really infuriating some of you. It just means that I am winning since you obviously can't debunk much of what I say. If you cant make me change my mind then you cant change anyones mind about it and this must really piss you off. It must suck to support something that just about everyone else thinks is wrong.[/quote]

You haven't really "won" anything. Every one of your points has been pointed out to be either totally irrational or simply factually incorrect. As for people getting angry, I wouldn't take pleasure in that. Like I said, I liked you well enough before all this started, but now I wish I hadn't patronized your sites in the past and I certainly don't plan to in the future. I know one person might not make much of a difference if I'm all you lose out of this, but it's one less "God Hates Fags" shirt that you can buy, so that's a small victory I can claim.

edit: removed floating quote tag.

[quote name='defender']You haven't debunked my tax problem or the issue of incestual marriages being legal after gay marriages have opened the argument that any 2 people who love each other can be married.

While a rebuttle was made....I do believe I answered it wisely...but to recap.

I stated gay marriage wasnt different than an adult incestual relationship. The rebuttle was that an incestual couple would have deformed kids. My reply was "what if the dad couldnt have kids?" and also I thought having kids wasnt a prerequisite for getting married and that it was about love.

Sorry but any argument made for gay marriage can be made for incestual ones. You simple can't argue out of that.[/quote]

Before this thread gets illogically locked too...

Incest is not gay marriage. Just because you allow one does not mean that you have to allow the other. They are two separate things. There is no reason you would have to prove incest is wrong to allow gay marriage.

As far as the taxes, everybody pays taxes. If the government starts losing tax revenue because all the gays got married, then they will readjust the tax codes accordingly. You could also really go after all the companies that relocate in the Bahamas to avoid US taxes. They cause your taxes to go up too.

Sad you have decided not to be a customer because of my personal views. That's your choice. I haven't flamed you or anyone in this thread. Just argued. Seems like I should listen to the Gestapo and keep my mouth shut if I want to do any business here. Freedom of speech I guess means I have to be broke.

I won't post my political views then since some of you can't handle it that I have an opposing opinion. And here I thought I was having a harmless debate with fellow CAGers but instead I was getting tested by customers on whether I was good enough to buy games from.

In that case. Yes...gays should be married. Gays are great people and deserve 100% all the rights of straights.

Oops...I think I may now have offended some anti-gay marriage people.

Hmm...what a dilemma. If only people could RESPECT others opinions..wouldn't that be a novel idea.

This is my last post in this thread. Say what you will I ain't replying for fear of losing more customers. You win.

Well, Defender, I must at least give you props for coming to your conclusions by yourself, rather than simply accepting religious edict, but I must say that I think there are some serious logic gaps in your argument.

"My biggest problem with Gay Marriage is that it does open a large hole in the marriage system. Please make a strong argument for Gay Marriage and I bet this same exact arguement could be made for any number of degenerate behavior such as Pedophiles."

That's a non-sequitur -- "I bet any argument you make about X can also be applied to Y, and Y is clearly wrong." Fine, but it's apples and oranges. Homosexuality is not pedophelia is not incest is not plain ol' pre-marital sex. You may disagree, and that, of course, is fine, but that's based on a "feeling" you have, not any sort of evidence, and I'm gonna go with the sum amassed data of the scientific community -- homosexuality is not a disorder, period.

"Sorry but I don't believe that gays are natural...I believe its a defect and/or a cultural problem. There is something very unnatural about gays."

Yeah, well, sodomy, oral sex, masturbation, and having sex just for fun are "unnatural" following that implied train of thought, too, but I, for one, have no problem with them.

"If one of my kids become gay I would be extremely unhappy about it and might even disown him/her."

I'm going to wildly speculate about someone I don't even know; I bet you wouldn't. No reason. I just bet you wouldn't. Would you be unhappy? Sure. Disown them? Your own kids, over an IDEA? I hope not.

"Basically I procreate for my family...if a child becomes Gay the line ends with them. Gays don't procreate."

So? Who needs procreation? Roughly 10% of the global population was, is, and always will be gay. It certainly hasn't hampered the population so far.

"Let them have some civil union crap that's defined specifically for them but if you turn marriage into a 'they love each other' definition then you will see more than just 2 guys in love."

Legal definitions are never that simple. That's the equivalent of saying "If we allow public verbal obscenity, it's only a matter of time before we start condoning murder!" The difference is obvious. You might have a point here IF a heterosexual couple who had a civil ceremony had a "union," not a "marriage," but that's not the case.

"It also DOES encrouch on the benefits given to many married couples. America needs families to make more Americans."

No dice. It's not like it's marriage that's keeping gays from procreating. They're not popping out kids, married or not -- and would it be acceptable if more gays had children via in vitro fertilization? America isn't going to start shrinking if we legalize gay marriage. Immigration and day-to-day population growth more than cover it.

"Families work hard and pay good taxes and create more tax payers. I don't see how gay couples contribute to American society that they should be rewarded with the same tax breaks that I may need for my family."

Because they work hard, pay good taxes, have families, and generally do everything you do. They just have sex with their own gender. Now why WOULDN'T they be rewarded with the same tax breaks?

"Does a gay male couple need tax breaks? Usually gay men are very well to do. You have 2 men who enjoy a fair income. Usually they have no children and they share a smaller dwelling. If they are allowed to be married they will get additional tax benefits that would cut into mine."

Well, now you're just making generalizations all willy-nilly. Consider that not having kids allows a couple -- gay or straight -- a higher standard of living. That would account for most of that, wouldn't it? And tax breaks for gay married couples are a drop in the bucket compared to the tax breaks we'd be doling out if we started fixing that divorce rate, or to those for corporations. And they're not ADDITIONAL benefits; they're the SAME benefits, for doing the same thing.

"I see no reason to suddenly allow Gay Marriage. It's out of nowhere that gays suddenly want to be married. WTF for?"

It's "suddenly" to you. To the people who have been fighting for equality for decades, one issue at a time, it's anything but "sudden."

"They gave up hetero life and decided to become gay...wtf."

Nobody decided to become gay any more than you or I decided to "become straight." I mean, I can't speak for you, but girls have been a primary fixation with me for as long as I can remember. I never sat down with a "Dudes v. Chicks" pros and cons checklist when I was eight, like I did with "G.I. Joe v. Star Wars." Why would you assume it works any differently for anyone else?

"Show me some historical precedent for a gay marriage? I can only think of Babylon."

The (Ancient) Greeks and Macedonians. Many Native American tribes. Late "Dark Ages" Turkey.

"The world will laugh at us and call us immoral bastards if we allow gay marriage."

Not likely, at least not in Europe. How many countries there have already legalized it? And last I checked, the rest of the world isn't exactly setting the standards for human rights and quality of life. I mean, we have to bring democracy to them on the tip of a bullet, but we've supposed to care what they think about what we do with gay marriage? Can't have it both ways.

"Pedophiles include 14 yr olds marrying 40 year olds. Don't 14 yr have a say? They don't really have to be victims if they "love" each other."

The key concept here is that of the "consenting adult."

"Here is a simple challenge to Pro-Gay marriage people.
Please write a 5 point post why gays should be allowed the right to be married."

I only need one, and paraphrased, it goes, "All men are created equal."

-trq

Lastly... dag, dude -- FOUR kids? How do you have time to play anything?!

"This is my last post in this thread. Say what you will I ain't replying for fear of losing more customers. You win."

Argh! All that, and I just miss him, and down to the minute! Dang. I really wanted to ask my last question, too.

[quote name='Cracka']there are 3 pictures of his head... each just as sickening as the other 2.

i just saw the video of the first guy being deheaded... lets just say i dont ever want to see anything like that again.[/quote]

yeah, after seeing the first video when it was released...i watched braveheart for the first time last night and kill bill for the first time last week...i can say that that video effected me forever because when watching extremely graphic movies, i jump and cringe...its horrible

on an unrelated topic....how do you fit four gay guys on a barstool? flip it over :shock:

Jumping around a bit...

"i can say that that video effected me forever because when watching extremely graphic movies, i jump and cringe...its horrible"

So... uh... why'd you watch it, out of curiosity? I mean, you knew it was going to be bad, right?

"like i've said, if you legalize gay marriage nationwide, then polygamists will want the right to get married"

I thought polygamy was already legal in some circumstances (say, involving Mormons). No?

"It affects the institution of marriage, yes. Marriage used to be a significant and life-changing event; now, Britney Spears gets married over the weekend and gets it annulled on Monday."

Yeah, but gay marriage isn't legal yet, so it's not like it's to blame for high divorce rates and Britney Spears.

trq, I don't think Mormons practice polygamy anymore, in fact they discourage it nowadays.

I think you missed the point on gay marriage, but I do agree with you somewhat. Marriage as an institution has been slowly undermined over the centuries it has existed. I don't think its possible to blame any one factor on that.

[quote name='trq']
"i can say that that video effected me forever because when watching extremely graphic movies, i jump and cringe...its horrible"
[/quote]

cuz my gf watched it and it didnt effect her at all...until she read up more on the story behind it all...so i decided to take a a look....movies never made me cringe before this...and its now effecting the movies i watch and the games i play....i used to thank it was cool when someone got their head cut off or someone got their arm chopped off, but now it just bothers me a little...thats all....no need to look deep into this, im sure others feel the same

just got done reading the "hateful ignorant people" thread....not to start up a flame war or to get this thread locked, but....someone on there said that they've never heard of an atheist who doesnt agree with gay marriages, or a homophobic atheist....well guess what folks, im a homophobic atheist....but not once did i ever bash gays on here...not once...if you think that me saying "i will never agree with gay marriages" is gay bashing at all or gay bashing to its fullest...you have a lot coming to you out in the real world....some of you people on here are such babies, its pathetic...i dont see why everyone on here cant simply state their opinion without being accused of something further...i against gays, therefore, im obviously against gay marriages....i guess those that have a problem with that will just have to get over it....you will never change my opinion and as stated before, i dont want to change yours...your opinion is yours, not mine...hence it being your opinion....

bottom line: if you like gays so damn much, why dont you marry one :shock:

Master Shake: I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

lol master shake... i love the aqua teens *sheds single tear* ITS COMIN ON NOW!! WOOT!

trustcompany you have to realize something. On this website, if you have an opinion different than more than one person, you get flamed, and are considered stupid for not agreeing... or atleast thats how its worked out for me.

"I think you missed the point on gay marriage, but I do agree with you somewhat."

No, you're right -- I was being overly picky with that post, and I knew it.

"movies never made me cringe before this...and its now effecting the movies i watch and the games i play....i used to thank it was cool when someone got their head cut off or someone got their arm chopped off, but now it just bothers me a little...thats all....no need to look deep into this, im sure others feel the same"

I hear ya. I really was just asking out of curiosity. I've been finding some games ... distasteful ... lately, and lord knows I've never had that problem before. A good portion of "real war" games (Kuma/War and Conflict: Vietnam in particular) are striking me as tacky at best.

If ever there was an argument that videogames DON'T prepare you for real life violence, this thread is probably it.

[quote name='trq']That's a non-sequitur -- "I bet any argument you make about X can also be applied to Y, and Y is clearly wrong." Fine, but it's apples and oranges. Homosexuality is not pedophelia is not incest is not plain ol' pre-marital sex.[/quote]

No, but if the same arguments can be made for both incest and gay marriage, then you have to conclude that either both should be legal, or that there is some other factor that differentiates the two. So, to recap, here are the arguments in support of gay marriage, along with my comments about their applicability to a marriage between two relative of consenting age:

No difference here.

No difference here.

No difference here.

No difference here.

7. All US citizens are created equal, and have the right to pursue happiness.

No difference here.

So basically, all of the arguments in support of gay marriage are saying, "Why should the government tell you who you can and can't marry? It's none of their business. Every American should be free to marry who they want." So, why should those same arguments NOT apply to an incestuous marriage between two consenting adults?

[quote name='jmcc']They make up a small portion of society and are denied the rights that the vast majority have because of their sexual orientation. That's not ethical or moral for a society as advanced as ours to do.[/quote]

What right are gay people denied? The right to get married? A gay person has the right to marry someone of their same sex, just as much as I have the right to be a fire truck. Unless I change the definition of the word, I will never be a fire truck. Ever.

Plus, if they can't get married, what specific right does a gay person not have that a straight person does? What rights to they lose by not being able to get married? Do they have to ride in the back of the bus? They can't vote? They can't be President? They can't be in the military, or work at a bookstore, or write a novel? Besides not being married, what affect does not being married have on a gay person?

[quote name='trq']I only need one, and paraphrased, it goes, "All men are created equal." [/quote]

Please show me where in the Bill of Rights it lists the right to marry. Please, just point it out.

Face it: Marriage is NOT a right that every person has. What about the guy who can't get a date? Doesn't he have the right to get married? Why should he be limited by some archaic law saying that there have to be two people involved for it to be a marriage? Can't he just get married by himself?

You can not just say that every person in the United States has the right to get married, because it is simply not true. Sure, if you redefine marriage, take out all references to a man and a woman, and take out all references to a commitment, and take out all references to two people, then sure, every person can be married if he wants to be. But at that point, marriage is just a word, as it has been stripped of all meaning. A gay couple can not get married, any more than I can be a fire truck. Sure, I could define "fire truck" to mean "a large red vehicle used to fight fires, or a person wearing denim shorts and a t-shirt," but that doesn't make it true. It just diminishes the meaning of the term "fire truck."

This guy walks into a bar and two steps in, he realizes it's a gay bar. "But what the heck," he says, "I really want a drink."

When the gay waiter approaches, he says to the customer, "What's the name of your penis?"

The customer says, "Look, I'm not into any of that. All I want is a drink."

The gay waiter says, "I'm sorry but I can't serve you until you tell me the name of your penis. Mine for instance is called 'Nike,' for the slogan, 'Just Do It.' That guy down at the end of the bar calls his 'Snickers,' because 'It really Satisfies."

The customer looks dumbfounded so the bartender tells him he will give him a second to think it over. The customer asks the man sitting to his left, who is sipping on a beer, "Hey bud, what's the name of your penis?"

The man looks back and says with a smile, "TIMEX."

The thirsty customer asks, "Why Timex?"

The fella proudly replies, "Cause it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!"

A little shaken, the customer turns to the fella on his right, who is sipping a fruity Margarita and says, "So, what do you call your penis?"

The man turns to him and proudly exclaims, "FORD, because 'Quality is Job 1.' " Then he adds, "Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

Even more shaken, the customer has to think for a moment before he comes up with a name for his penis. Finally, he turns to the bartender and exclaims, "The name of my penis is 'Secret.' Now give me my beer."

The bartender begins to pour the customer a beer, but with a puzzled look asks, "Why secret?"

The customer says, "Because it's STRONG ENOUGH FOR A MAN, BUT MADE FOR A WOMAN!"

Since I haven't had a chance to reply lately and have seen what this has become I want to add one point. Since everyone keeps bringing up religion and what is morally wrong this and that I feel it necessary to mention something that goes along with the Dr. Laura letter that was previously posted.

The bible also says about sex that sex is ONLY allowed between two married people and ONLY for the purpose of procreation. Remember how Jesus's mommy was a virgin, it was because even though her and Joseph were married they didn't want to have children yet and therefore did not have sex.

People followed this rule in biblical times and since marriage is so religiously based (according to all of you) then I expect that all you married people should IMMEDIATELY STOP having sex unless you are trying to concieve. That would be pretty morally right huh?

See its really easy for people to pick and choose what they want from the bible, but when its something that will be to their detriment then they just skim right over it.

[quote name='JSweeney']Just like logic has nothing to do with your opinions?[/quote]

um...okay? when have i ever tried to apply logic to my opinions? all i really did was state my opinion, i wasnt even debating the whole situation....i swear you should worry a little less on trying to be a dick all of your life...every time i see you post, its always about correcting someone or debating with someone...get a life and learn to ease up a little bit...you'll live longer that way

or....go back and disect all of my posts and reply to every sentence that ive ever posted...you know...what you live for
eusa_whistle.gif

um...okay? when have i ever tried to apply logic to my opinions?
Therein lies the problem.

all i really did was state my opinion, i wasnt even debating the whole situation....

I guess for some magically reason, if it's your opinion it's beyond reproach, and noone should ever try to subject it to the rules of logic, veracity or grammar.
Good to know.

i swear you should worry a little less on trying to be a dick all of your life...every time i see you post, its always about correcting someone or debating with someone...get a life and learn to ease up a little bit...you'll live longer that way

I'd like to reply to that, but it just doesn't make sense. If I were to worry less about what people think of me, I'd be exponentially more abrasive than you already think I am. Then, after than you seem to launch into a torent of cliched arguments that are fairly disjoined.

or....go back and disect all of my posts and reply to every sentence that ive ever posted...you know...what you live for
eusa_whistle.gif

Perish the though that anyone every try to maintain a discourse in a reasoned, logical and easy to read format.

oh no...jeez....you got me...another win for jsweeney :roll:...whos keeping tabs again?...you said that logic had nothing to do with any of my opinions...but logic has everything to do with my opinions, i just didn't state the logic behind my opinions...therefore...you're wrong...

and anyone and everyone is aloud to question my opinion, but no1 really did...noone asked me why i believe what i believe, they just didnt like my opinion so they trashed it....

as for the way i type in my posts...im very aware of proper grammar and proper sentence structuring...i just didn't realize that when i was on cag, i was actually in school...now if i spell something wrong, please let me know...otherwise, eat one on that subject

by the way, you spelled "thought" wrong

We need a JSweeney-inspired smiley. I propose a smiley with a fishing pole, and it can be animated to show him casting his line and reeling them in.

bread's done
Back