CAGcast #14: Merry CAGmas

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Yeah, I admit I couldn't come up with a good name this week...

This week, we subject you to our first CAGcast Video Game News Blast, CAG video game deals, your questions from the CAGbag, and more!

iTunes (review us!)
Download - 41 minutes, 19MB
Past CAGcasts

*CAGcast Spoilers!*
Show Companion Materials
Intro Music: Ass & Tetris (You Forgot Poland)

CAGcast News Blast topics
*Dan Hsu Editorial, “Editorial Integrity”
*J. Allard, Xbox 360 has “the best launch line-up of any console ever.”
*[H]ard-OCP reviews the Dell Dimension XPS 400 Gaming PC
*Xbox 360 Scalpers Robbed - CAG thread
*3 Charged With Modifying Xbox

*World of Warcraft hits 5 Million Subscribers

CAG Video Game Deals
Major Clearance at TRU
EB sale until 12/24
EB sale on 12/26
Xbox 360 deals at Computers4Sure

Pulled it down in a few seconds... I'll procrastinate some more and listen to this. After so many deals a 41 minute radio show may calm the nerves.

Fuhrer is my last name!! I'm no nazi sympathizer!

My name on CAG: Ran track and was a very potent baserunner when I played baseball, and of course, my last name is Fuhrer. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to combine these attributes into a user name, which I cleverly (I first believed) melded into the seminal cinema classic, 2Fast 2Furious. I should have known that would blow up in my face :bomb:.

Thanks for answering my question though guys. Another enjoyable CAGcast!

(Name change plz?)

ASS, TITTIES, ASS and TITTIES!!!

Hahaha I love that song. I'm sure you've seen the flash associated to that. Though I haven't heard it remixed like that before. Thanks for reminding me of that and cracking me up.

BTW, great stuff as always guys.

I seriously need to put a question in the cagbag. Just for fun.

:bouncy:

Good stuff but Cheapy sounded a bit grindy (is that a word). Feel the Magic rocks Wombat! That game is so much fun I thought and was the only other game than Mario 64 DS that was worthy of purchase during the DS launch. Also Cheapy you should put in some of your Sega GBA games in the GBA slot while Feel is inside the system. I got a Sonic hat via Sonic Advance and a Nights hat via Chu Chu Rocket. Oh and you said what I was hoping for when I asked those questions in the cagbag and not "Nintendo is going down" or something like that.

Nice CAGcast. I didn't notice any drop in audio quality with the switch to Wombat's at home setup. Cheapy cut out a couple of times, but that's to be expected with skype.

I think you're really going to like that Logitech remote Cheapy. The amount of custimization you can do with it is excellent and there's even a lot of wow-factors built right in. The first time I picked the remote up and it automatically switched on and illuminated made me truly realize how inadequite my other remotes were.

It seems like there were a lot of other issues that I wanted to comment on as well, but if Wombat isn't expected to remember what Cheapy says 5 seconds later, I should not be held accountable for trying to remember everything an hour after I listened to the show.

I think this was the best one yet as far as format and pacing. It seems you talked about a lot more stuff this week and it flowed very nicely.

Sounds like Cheapy was drinking tea constantly throughout the cagcast though.

I updated my audio drivers for my sound card, so I am hoping the next one will sound better.
I forgot that I had reformatted my HD and never installed the Soundblaster drivers.

good work...is there an inside joke to wombat saying I stopped listening..It was funny the first couple hundred times, but he is started to sound fucking annoying doing several times each show. No offense wombat, your reviews/opinions are insightful and I enjoy them.

[quote name='ryanbph']good work...is there an inside joke to wombat saying I stopped listening..It was funny the first couple hundred times, but he is started to sound fucking annoying doing several times each show. No offense wombat, your reviews/opinions are insightful and I enjoy them.[/QUOTE]
He's the annoying sidekick, what were you expecting? :lol:

Great stuff guys, well besides the little issue with the sound. Keep up the great work.

[quote name='Scorch']There should be more debating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like a third person to play devil's advocate. Or just a fanboy you can make fun of live and in person.

Wow what was that beginning intro music? Anyone have the link to that ASS TITTIES Song? That was different, but I liked it....Wombat still funny as the colorful side kick...Also nice burp there Cheapy D, sounded like Barney from the Simpsons there...also Cheapy GET AN ASS DRYER.....that's some high production value right there...

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Wow what was that beginning intro music? Anyone have the link to that ASS TITTIES Song?[/QUOTE]
Check the OP, the link is posted there.

Okay, I gotta go on record to say that the NES did NOT have the best launch lineup.

The Sega Dreamcast easily bested every other console's lineup before it and ever since.

Tons of great games.

Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
Power Stone
Zombie Revenge
Hydro Thunder
Blue Stinger
Ready 2 Rumble
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL Blitz 2000
Air Force Delta
Trickstyle

And that's not even all of them!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, I gotta go on record to say that the NES did NOT have the best launch lineup.

The Sega Dreamcast easily bested every other console's lineup before it and ever since.

Tons of great games.

Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
Power Stone
Zombie Revenge
Hydro Thunder
Blue Stinger
Ready 2 Rumble
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL Blitz 2000
Air Force Delta
Trickstyle

And that's not even all of them![/QUOTE]

My god, every single one of those games sucked ass ...

except maybe air force delta.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, I gotta go on record to say that the NES did NOT have the best launch lineup.

Tons of great games.

Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
Power Stone
Zombie Revenge
Hydro Thunder
Blue Stinger
Ready 2 Rumble
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL Blitz 2000
Air Force Delta
Trickstyle

And that's not even all of them![/QUOTE]

QFT

Wow, looking at all those launch lists really brings back memories of shitty games and of how well each system developed a few years after launch. There should be some great games for the 360 when I decide to buy one after the price drop!

[quote name='bmulligan']My god, every single one of those games sucked ass ...

except maybe air force delta.[/QUOTE]

Did you not see Soul Calibur, dipshit?

Bad news no new show this week, please send all angry PM's to CheapyD, there will be one for sure next week, I promise :)

bread's done
Back