Try to predict events that will occur in 2006

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I was at Borders today and I was reading through a book about Nostradamus and The Bible Code and I noticed one key factor .. all predictions that are made are about events that have already occured. These books never predict events that will happen in our near future. So I'm making this thread as a place where people can predict events that will occur in 2006. Hopefully by this time next year someone will remember this thread and resurrect it and we may discover we have some psychics here at CAG. Bonus points if you predict something with a rough time estimate ;)

Suggested categories:

Sports - who will win various national championships

Natural disasters - where and when will they occur

Politics - who will be elected, thrown out of office, be part of a scandal, etc

Celebrities/notable figures - marriages, deaths, etc

Randomness - odd trends or news story (i.e. runaway bride)

These will probally happon:

More terroist attacks will occur and people will blame Bush for not stopping them.

That prince england will get married

Jimmiemac will be banned by someone, but let back in after Cheapy wields his staff over CAGland.

the sun will rise, followed by an eventual sunset. More leaks about our gov doin stupid shit. A revolution will be launched, and I will buy it first day. Philadelphia sports teams will continue to stink.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']More leaks about our gov doin stupid shit. [/QUOTE]

Hahah .. hellooooo legalized slots, property tax relief, and speeding tickets on I-76

[quote name='Moxio']I will go to the bathroom at least twice. ;)[/QUOTE]
And I will watch both times ;)

Sox will fail to make the play-offs
MS will reveal the HD-DVD version of the 360
TomKat murder suicide pact

[quote name='dcfox']And I will watch both times ;)

Sox will fail to make the play-offs
MS will reveal the HD-DVD version of the 360
TomKat murder suicide pact[/QUOTE]

lol at the last one. What a crazy religion.

Michael Jordan will open up a brothel in the outskirts of Las Vegas.

[quote name='Moxio']I will go to the bathroom at least twice. ;)[/QUOTE]

Moxio's ass will be repeatedly kicked by Tiph in CS on his spicy new computer. ;)

More natural disasters resulting in thousands of deaths.

This is leading to the "end of the world as we know it" in 2012. I trust Mayan predictions ;-)

I predict the following:

• George Bush will fall off the wagon and hit the bottle.
  • The New Orlean Saints will make a formal annoucement at the end of the year that they will move to another city (either LA or San Antonio)
  • There will be another High School type shooting like in Columbine
  • Bill Romonaski (the ex-football player) and Dennis Rodman will announce that they have some life-threatening disease
  • There will be an embezzement scandal in one of the Ivy League colleges which will be front-page news
  • The dangers of Nano-technology will dominate the news
  • A congressman will come out of the closet and annouce he/she is gay
  • The child protective services will take away all of Rosie O'Donnel's children
  • Nude photos of Osama Bin Laden's neice will be floating around the internet
  • One of the Members of the Back Street Boys will die.
Thats all for my predictions. Maybe I'll add more later

Some dumb bitch will misplace herself or get kidnapped, be too stupid to escape or find her way home, and take CNN/CNET/Fox News time away from real issues.

Guaran-fucking-teed.

• Bush and Co. will be kicked out of office after more shennanigans
  • One of the members of Jackass will die during the filming of Jackass 2. They will still release the film and MAYBE include the death in it
  • The Shins's new album will be a surprise mainstream hit
  • Sega will surprise everyone and announce Shenmue 3 for XBox360
  • The new Runaway Bride/Terry Schiavo/that girl in Aruba-like newstory? A pregnant 10/11 year old and all the complications of it

• N'sync will reunite and no one will care

X-men 3 will not suck

Power Rangers will finally end

Jimmy Kimble will be canceled

Paris Hilton will have another sex tape

The cubs will come in 3rd place behind Cardinals and the Brewers

The Bears will go to the Super Bowl

Katie holmes will come to her senses

White Sox repeat as World series Champions

There will be a new IPOD

[quote name='Tiphireth']Moxio's ass will be repeatedly kicked by Tiph in CS on his spicy new computer. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nigger please. I bring all the boys to the yard.

In the year 2000... In the year 2000

There will be a concerted effort in Congress to impeach president Bush. People in the red states will laugh when the words Bush and peach appear in headlines together in the local newspaper.

Videogames will become more violent, sexy, and controversial than ever. Realizing that women make up a majority of the population, developers will concentrate on "the ladies" as their core demographic. For the first time in the history of the medium, prostitutes will kill you.

Taking a page from Microsoft's launch strategy, Sony will release details about the PS3 through the internet before they are officially released. The first such announcement will show up on a carefully selected forum in the form of an "O RLY?" picture with a PS3 hidden in the background.

Nintendo will announce a new redesigned slim DS, along with Super Smash Brothers DS, and Legend of Zelda DS.

Sony will announce a lower price point for the PSP by the end of the year.

The Playstation 3 will launch in November in the US, and will sell out faster then the Xbox 360. Sony will have more then one package, like the the core/premium Xbox 360.

Both HD DVD and Blu Ray will launch, but neither will make major waves, and the future DVD format will be undetermined by the end of 06.

The Nintendo Revolution, while not being a must have item like the Xbox 360 or PS3, will sell very well, and be popular among games and non gamers alike.

Arrested Development will be picked up for a 10 or 13 episode fourth season by a network that's not Fox.

Futurama will be picked up by Fox for a 5th(?) season. Fox gives it a better timeslot then it had and it gets better ratings then it had.

The biggest movie of the year will be Pirates 2.

Universal announces they are making a direct to TV/DVD Serenity movie, and releases a double dip two disk special edition of Serenity.

[quote name='radjago']

Taking a page from Microsoft's launch strategy, Sony will release details about the PS3 through the internet before they are officially released. The first such announcement will show up on a carefully selected forum in the form of an "O RLY?" picture with a PS3 hidden in the background.[/QUOTE]

orlycopy4fv.jpg

Sports - The Bengals will choke in the first game of the playoffs; I don't know if I give a shit about anything else. The Reds will rival the Pirates for "shittiest team in the league," and, ironically, the difference maker will be Sean Casey, whose skill and handiwork will overwhelm the snail's pace at which he moves from base to base, as the Reds become baseball's new "bums." Ken Griffey, Jr. will be traded (fucking PLEASE!)

Natural disasters - Speaking of the Natural Disasters, I regret to predict that John "Earthquake" Tenta will succumb to cancer by September. Other than that, I think the former Soviet Union might have something happen to it (no reason, just abitrary). While asian people will die, Americans will yawn through another season of "American Idol."

Politics - As delicious as an impeachment would be on George Bush, this isn't his year. Instead, easily 30 politicians (2/3 Republicans, 1/3 Democrats) will be directly implicated when insider/lobbyist/bad person in general Jack Abramoff sings like a bird. Some of his implicated will resign, some will go to jail (briefly), and most will have nothing happen to them. Congress will also vote to give itself a raise. Now, the big question: will the Democrats take congress in '06? Well, they have a lot of work to do, and the Republicans certainly have a lot of nasty tricks up their sleeve (to wit: people believed the Swift Boat Veterans), so I can't say for sure.

Celebrities/notable figures - The fuck cares? Tyra Banks won't need a fat suit by October. There, happy?

Randomness - I will be ABD by September.

[quote name='Kaijufan']
The Playstation 3 will launch in November in the US, and will sell out faster then the Xbox 360. Sony will have more then one package, like the the core/premium Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

People from Sony have already said in interviews that they thought the dual SKUs were a bad idea and that they werent going to do that.

If dem's don't take the congress in 06 I will kill my dog myself and eat it.

Have a fork ready, because as much as you'd like it to happen, its not.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']People from Sony have already said in interviews that they thought the dual SKUs were a bad idea and that they werent going to do that.

Have a fork ready, because as much as you'd like it to happen, its not.[/QUOTE]

I don't need a fork! How do you know it won't happen? I'm sure people didn't think republicans would have quite the victory they did last year. I believe with the growing unpopularity with our president and congress people will want to see change. People cherish their privacy and freedoms and who better then the democrats to preserve them.

Well, maybe the real republicans like John McCain if there are any left.

[quote name='onetrackmind']tara reid od's on coke[/QUOTE]

I can see that happening- or she could get brain damage from doing too much crystal meth

[quote name='radjago']In the year 2000... In the year 2000

There will be a concerted effort in Congress to impeach president Bush. People in the red states will laugh when the words Bush and peach appear in headlines together in the local newspaper.

Videogames will become more violent, sexy, and controversial than ever. Realizing that women make up a majority of the population, developers will concentrate on "the ladies" as their core demographic. For the first time in the history of the medium, prostitutes will kill you.

Taking a page from Microsoft's launch strategy, Sony will release details about the PS3 through the internet before they are officially released. The first such announcement will show up on a carefully selected forum in the form of an "O RLY?" picture with a PS3 hidden in the background.[/QUOTE]
You should write for Last Call with Carson Daly!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']You should write for Last Call with Carson Daly![/QUOTE]
Anything would be better than what he has now. At least he has decent musical guests.

Sports: NFL: The Colts will NOT win the Super Bowl (even though I do think they are the best overall team in the NFL). The Patriots will somehow find a way to pull it out again.

MLB: The Cubs win it all, following both Sox, and people begin to seriously suspect baseball is scripted. Millions of fans jump of the BoSox bandwagon, as they miss the playoffs. My Orioles finish in 4th place yet again...

NBA: Detroit Pistons win it all. I know, not much of a tough prediction.

NHL: The Sabres stay hot the whole season and are the true underdogs, but the Ottawa Senators ultimately bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada, which will ease some of the disappointment of...

Olympics: Canada not winning the gold medal in hockey. The USA gains greater world hatred by winning the most gold medals, including some in speed skating and snowboarding.

NCAABB: Duke wins the tourny.

WWE: Randy Orton wins the Royal Rumble, HHH faces John Cena at Wrestlemania, and wins.

TNA: Raven will eventually win the World Title, so will Christian Cage at some point.

Politics: More scandalous information will leak out about the Bush administration. The current surveillance things that are being talked about now probably went further than anyone expected, the Patriot Act was abused, etc. All kinds of weird regulations will be discussed for video games when some asshole kills somebody, but nothing new will come of it. Hillary Clinton will be discussed as a legit presidential candidate for 2008.

Under randomness--I predict real estate prices will start go down into the toilet. (I do hope so, because then it will be time for this cheapass to become a homeowner again.)

Oh yeah, and some like, uh, natural disasters or something.

Nintendo's system code name "revolution" is a financial failure, forcing Nintendo to shut down. Sony and Microsoft offer top dollar for Nintendo's name and game properties but Nintendo declines and the entire upper management staff commit Seppuku
(Hari Kari) as they have failed the Japanese ancestors.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']People from Sony have already said in interviews that they thought the dual SKUs were a bad idea and that they werent going to do that.
[/QUOTE]
Just because some people at Sony think it's a bad idea doesn't mean everyone at Sony does. I hope they only have one version of the hardware, but you never can be sure.

And I forgot one prediction:
Jack Bauer will often yell "Dammit" during season 5 of 24.

-Chappelle's Show Season 3 will start on a Wednesday

-The Colts lose the 2nd game in the playoffs

-There will be a new season of The Real World

-Paris Hilton will gain 2 lbs and complain about it

-Fry's will start having good deals again

-BB will remove all GGC's in their stores and will not send out anymore coupons

bread's done
Back