Try to predict events that will occur in 2006

- Whatever team drafts Reggie Bush, will do better next year, but not nearly enough to turn out a winning season...cough...texans...cough

- Wild Arms 4 will be a surprise front runner for RPG of the year for the first quarter of 06. It will later be replaced by Kingdom Hearts 2, Children of Mana, and Finally FF12

- Atlus fans will claim some new mediocre RPG released by Atlus to be the greatest game of it's generation.

- PS3 will have legendary shortages, launching with fewer than 100k total consoles produced in fall 2006.

- Nintendo will release REV with plenty of supply, but will in turn suffer because there won't be any "hot item selling out in stores" hype on every god damn local news channel.

- I will get in on some badass deals thanks to CAG

This calls for a look into the Future, The Future you say. Yes, the Future. In the year 2000...........

Damn I watch too much Conan.

I think that their will be a lot more tornados this year in the midwest. I say this cause the earth is changing. I never belived it however the last 3 winters here have been warm. Right now its 50 degrees. It's normally 3 degress.

Also Nostradamus was and is a joke. If you can find his orginal works you will see that. Also another reason why he sucks is that we can't really translate the language he wrote in cause so much of it is unknown.

[quote name='iheartmetal']jimmie mac will be a douche bag, but bigger than a normal douche bag, more like a douche suitcase[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to notice a slight, anti-jimmie slant to a couple of your posts...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm beginning to notice a slight, anti-jimmie slant to a couple of
your posts...[/QUOTE]

I wonder what caused him to engage in such incessant bitching about Jimmie..

The Seahawks will win games in the play-offs and not stumble like they have in the past.

(Though I'm not sure if they'll get to the Superbowl quite honestly, but I'm hoping!)

I used to be very interested in Nostradamus and have his book with his prophecies which I bought at least 15 years ago (i.e. before 9/11). True alot of them are very vague and could be twisted into almost anything but some are outright chilling... for example he predicted the rise of Hitler and actually spelled out his name as describes him as the "son of Germany who observes no law" which is pretty unequivocal. I also think he predicted 9/11 since one of hsi prophecies predicted that the "New City" (he also used caps to imply it was a name and not a generic "new city") would rain "fire and sulphur" and gave a time at around the millenium based on astrological data which he provides.

Here's mine

A famous actor will be murdered; someone under their 40's, possibly gunned down.

Someone will win the lottery-worth $500 million dollars

Im not a fan of Nintendo, but I predict the Revolution will change gaming, for the better. I know we were all like "WTF?" when we saw the controller, and some of us gawked at it, but I feel that Nintendo sees something the rest of the world does not, and that something will put Nintendo, in my eyes, back into the forefront.

Despite their record, the Colts will NOT even make it to the Super Bowl, because of a single stupid play.
As much as I'd love to see it again, Yankees will not win the World Series. And despite what a lot of people want, neither will the Cubs.

And last but not least, I'm calling it right now: Morgan Webb will get pregnant (not by me sadly, but you know...)

Edit (1/15): I called it, I CALLED IT!! The Colts DID NOT even make it to the Super Bowl!

[quote name='Kaijufan']
Futurama will be picked up by Fox for a 5th(?) season. Fox gives it a better timeslot then it had and it gets better ratings then it had.
[/QUOTE]

Thread: Futurama

My predictions:

This will be the year of High Definition. At the end of the year, there will be only HDTV's over the 25" size (unless LCD) and 60%+ will have built in HD-Tuners because the cost of the ATSC tuner will go down substantially. With DirecTV going with MPEG4 coding, the amount of HD content could quadruple (Leading to more content)

I predict the Nintendo DS will be the main portable "3rd Pillar" by selling out week-after-week in Japan. It will also do well here.

PSP sales will be slow this year. About the same amount of games will come out this year, but the PSP will me making the major $$$'s off it's UMD sales.

X360 will be ahead this year, but next year the PS3 and the X360 will be even until till the last year of the lifespan.. that is when the X360 will trail about 5-10%, but the next generation after that the next MS console will be the Dominant Console. (Microsoft has really deep pockets, Sony not so much)

My predictions..

- "24" will have its best season to date this year.

- The Minnesota Vikings will, after bringing in a new coach, have a great season and be a playoff contender for the 2007 playoffs. Oh, and the Vikes bring back Randy Moss while at it in order to keep Daunte Culpepper happy.

- TNA will indeed have the new face of wrestling in 2006.. but most certainly it will not be the face of Sting.

- WWE will keep having dumber and dumber angles in any attempt to get people talking about the WWE. Sadly it won't work.

- I'll piss of Scorch at least once.

- Someone will prove that I AM WILLIAM H. MACY is indeed a fraud.

- "Superman Returns" will be the biggest movie of 2006.

- The Minnesota Twins will win the World Series.

- Mick Jagger dies.

- Roger Waters FINALLY releases a new rock album.

- The Simpsons finally ends.

[quote name='thagoat']i predict that sometime today, i will take a dump and possibly take a shower.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. Isn't your name Miss Cleo? :D :p

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']
  • Bush and Co. will be kicked out of office after more shennanigans
  • One of the members of Jackass will die during the filming of Jackass 2. They will still release the film and MAYBE include the death in it
  • The Shins's new album will be a surprise mainstream hit
  • Sega will surprise everyone and announce Shenmue 3 for XBox360
  • The new Runaway Bride/Terry Schiavo/that girl in Aruba-like newstory? A pregnant 10/11 year old and all the complications of it
[/QUOTE]
Haha, none of mine have happened yet, and one was proven entirely wrong.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']
  • N'sync will reunite and no one will care

X-men 3 will not suck

Power Rangers will finally end

Jimmy Kimble will be canceled

Paris Hilton will have another sex tape

The cubs will come in 3rd place behind Cardinals and the Brewers

The Bears will go to the Super Bowl

Katie holmes will come to her senses

White Sox repeat as World series Champions

There will be a new IPOD
[/QUOTE]

1 is right so far!!

I'm bumping this thread so everyone can read what people said last year. Some interesting stuff

[quote name='mykevermin']Sports - The Bengals will choke in the first game of the playoffs; I don't know if I give a shit about anything else. The Reds will rival the Pirates for "shittiest team in the league," and, ironically, the difference maker will be Sean Casey, whose skill and handiwork will overwhelm the snail's pace at which he moves from base to base, as the Reds become baseball's new "bums." Ken Griffey, Jr. will be traded (fucking PLEASE!)

Natural disasters - Speaking of the Natural Disasters, I regret to predict that John "Earthquake" Tenta will succumb to cancer by September. Other than that, I think the former Soviet Union might have something happen to it (no reason, just abitrary). While asian people will die, Americans will yawn through another season of "American Idol."

Politics - As delicious as an impeachment would be on George Bush, this isn't his year. Instead, easily 30 politicians (2/3 Republicans, 1/3 Democrats) will be directly implicated when insider/lobbyist/bad person in general Jack Abramoff sings like a bird. Some of his implicated will resign, some will go to jail (briefly), and most will have nothing happen to them. Congress will also vote to give itself a raise. Now, the big question: will the Democrats take congress in '06? Well, they have a lot of work to do, and the Republicans certainly have a lot of nasty tricks up their sleeve (to wit: people believed the Swift Boat Veterans), so I can't say for sure.

Celebrities/notable figures - The fuck cares? Tyra Banks won't need a fat suit by October. There, happy?

Randomness - I will be ABD by September.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had my congressional prediciton in this thread, as I predicted the new Democrat majority in both houses, and was only off by one seat in each.

I was almost right about the Bengals, but almost right is still wrong.

I was right, lamentably, about John Tenta.

I was off by two months about me being ABD, as I passed my exams in November instead of September.

I was quite wrong about mass impeachment, though the Foley scandal was massive, yet only one person. And he stepped down before he could be removed, making it moot. William Jefferson, somefuckinghow, escaped scrutiny this year. Let me revise my prediction for the year 2007, but with some semblance of reality: despite massive and widespread corruption in congress, nobody at all will get in trouble.

I was kinda wrong about the Reds. They sure stunk this year, but they weren't the worst team in MLB. And, dammit, they didn't trade Griffey. fuckers.

All in all, I'm pretty goddamned good, if I do say so. Go me!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What happened to the 2007 thread?[/QUOTE]

Damn, I hope it's just the search is barfing on itself and it's not that something did happen to that thread. A search for 'predict' and '2007' (2 separate searches) in titles only didn't turn it up for me.

Also tried searching for threads started by Maklershed and nothing. fuck.

Well I found it with a Google search: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121325

I guess the search here just really sucks.

[quote name='wubb']Damn, I hope it's just the search is barfing on itself and it's not that something did happen to that thread. A search for 'predict' and '2007' (2 separate searches) in titles only didn't turn it up for me.

Also tried searching for threads started by Maklershed and nothing. fuck.

Well I found it with a Google search: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121325

I guess the search here just really sucks.[/quote]

Yeah, I had to use google to find it yesterday too. Strange.

bread's done
Back