- - - - -

'Quentin Tarantino Presents: Hostel'

#31 itspaidgasterblaster   Be bound by nothing CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

itspaidgasterblaster

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

I think its great that he gets movies like Hero which was an awesome movie, now i can't wait to see hostel, i love all types of movies including ones that are really gory.

#32 battleroyal33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

battleroyal33

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:14 PM

He did nothing, they are just slapping his name to it the same way they did with the Jet Li film Hero which was released in China/Hong Kong almost 2 full years before it was released here in the US...

#33 battleroyal33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

battleroyal33

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

[quote name='KingDox']
I mean really how long was Hero out before it came to the states ?

Almost 2 years, I had the official chinese DVD a month after its original China/Hong kong release.

#34 jaykrue   Professor Of Pimpology CAGiversary!   8592 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

I agree w/ KingDox. Why is everyone shittin' on Tarantino? So what if he's made only 4 or so movies? Except for Jackie Brown, they were well received for the most part. Plus, I agree that if it helps advertise movies unlikely to be seen in the US w/o some publicity, then what's the big deal? I don't see this as being different than a famous actor/sports athlete shilling a product - all that person is doing is promoting the product so why does Tarantino get singled out for doing so? Is he 'selling out' in some way? I doubt it since it's just promoting a movie that he likes.

#35 Vampire Hunter D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Vampire Hunter D

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Im seeing Hostel on Saturday.

#36 SIUfan   Amber Lamps, get dem CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:33 AM

Looks to me like a movie about tourting people. I think you are a sick person if you go to see it. Just my two cents.

Oh yeah, everyone that goes to see this movie is a sick person. What a stupid statement to make. People like you really piss me off. You're probably a hardcore liberal, vegetarian, member of PETA who has to give their "two cents" about everything, even though people don't want to hear what you have to say. I loved the Saw movies and I'm going to watch this tomorrow night and I'm sure I'll love this movie. I'm a perfectly normal person. I don't go around torturing people, I'm not a serial killer. You have to remember, this is just a movie. People who go to see this movie are going to see just that, a movie. We're not going to see a real life torture. We're not going to a serial killer rally. Making the statement you made is like saying that only comedians can go to comedic movies...

#37 SIUfan   Amber Lamps, get dem CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:44 AM

looks like they just ripped SAW off to me. it be on DVD within 3 months so why waste 10 bucks

where the hell do u live? it costs that much for a movie ticket. i'd never pay that price. it costs 6.50 here and i don't consider that to be a good deal.

#38 Duo_Maxwell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Duo_Maxwell

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

He puts his name on stuff so that smaller movies get more attention. I'm sure they can't hype this movie like king kong so they put a known name on it and hope that it will do better.

I mean really how long was Hero out before it came to the states ? I have no problem with Tarantino using his name to promote smaller movies that wouldn't normally pull a wide audience.

Of course they can't hype it like king Kong (that's why it's being released in Jan.), and to be fair King Kong probably wouldn't have the all the same hype if it wasn't directed by Peter Jackson, made by his studio, or the high budget remake of a cinema classic either. it should be noted that Tarantino is widely believed by many to be one of the reasons that Hero took forever to get here. He did do a bit of a service to keep Miramax from cutting by attaching his name (no it wasn't his decision to bring it over IIRC), however that caused some delays (they released an edited cut in Europe in late 2003 I think, we waited almost another year) and his (supposedly) requesting it to be stalled until Kill Bill was out made for a very long wait.

#39 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6510 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:00 AM

Oh yeah, everyone that goes to see this movie is a sick person. What a stupid statement to make. People like you really piss me off. You're probably a hardcore liberal, vegetarian, member of PETA who has to give their "two cents" about everything, even though people don't want to hear what you have to say. I loved the Saw movies and I'm going to watch this tomorrow night and I'm sure I'll love this movie. I'm a perfectly normal person. I don't go around torturing people, I'm not a serial killer. You have to remember, this is just a movie. People who go to see this movie are going to see just that, a movie. We're not going to see a real life torture. We're not going to a serial killer rally. Making the statement you made is like saying that only comedians can go to comedic movies...

Hardcore liberal - swing and miss
Vegetarian - strike 2
member of PETA - that's 3.

But seriously, I do think you're sick if you see this movie. Horror movies are one thing, but when a movie advertises (in my opinion) nothing but tourture...yuck.

I think it's funny that I pissed you off with that statement. But if you want to make any really broad generalizations I'd go with this one...Only Carrot Top goes to Carrot Top movies.

Guest_Dick Tracy_*

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

90% from RottenTomatoes, thus far.

#41 cgpwns   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

I screened this movie last night. I won't give any spoilers or anything, but I will say that it is more gory than both Saw films combined.

Oh ok I give you a spoiler......

There are lots of scenes with drugs, sex, and tiggle bitties!

#42 adamones   Super Dynamic! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:26 PM

This movie was fucking terrible. Gimme a break... I just got done seeing it.

.. just a pointless movie. That's about the best I could describe it. It's basically just a worse version of Texas Chainsaw Massacare (minus hottie Jessica Alba): A group of people visit a town, where there's this mass murder/torturing going on, the whole town is in on it, they get taken to the mass murder/torturing place, then one character defeats his torturer, then has to escape with another character from the mass murder/torture place from the townsfolk who are chasing them, End of movie.

For you sicktards yeah it's pretty gross/disturbing but for some reason I recall Saw 2 being a more "disturbing" movie in the way the people die.

#43 b0bx13   Ah, custom title. CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

where the hell do u live? it costs that much for a movie ticket. i'd never pay that price. it costs 6.50 here and i don't consider that to be a good deal.

Uhhh tickets most places are in that range. It's $8.25 here in friggin South Dakota. A lot of cities' prices are quite abit above $10.

#44 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30091 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

I didn't like Cabin Fever, but I'm going to see this tonight. Basically because one of my friends wants to see it and I left my car at his place when I went to Mexico. Easy way to get it back. :lol:

#45 Vampire Hunter D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Vampire Hunter D

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

Heres its 4 bucks for the early showings and 8 bucks for evening and night showings.

#46 Metal Boss   Supreme Master of Hadou CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Metal Boss

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

You'll see his name on just about any movie that the producers want to get a little push in sales, the cover box & special features on sonatine is more quinten tarentinos face and PRESENTS than actual content, its just damned annoying.

This movie looks like more garbage, it figures they would snatch on to the right to say quinten tarentinos name on the commercials to get anybody interested.

#47 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2514 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

$9.75 here in Vegas. $7.25 matinee.

#48 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

"Pompus White Director with Yellow fever Brings over foreign Film"

Iron monkey? =p............. I don't see investors always claiming credit pls...

#49 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

Jessica Alba wasn't in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Perhaps you mean Jessica Biel?

Or maybe you just REALLY misspelled "Jonathan Tucker"; but then I'd have to question your deployment of the term 'hottie.'

#50 slimpip   Westside CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

This movie was fucking horrible. The only good things were the comic relief (which oddly enough were also the "gory" parts), Jay Hernandez, and Miike cameo.

Otherwise, it sucked. Bad. People puked in the theater. From what? Probably because the movie sucked so bad. Save your money and go see a good movie.

Also, everyone in the theater thought QT made the movie...I'm so glad people are S-M-R-T.

#51 Xevious   Most Damned CAG Evar CAGiversary!   8931 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:03 AM

This movie was fucking horrible. The only good things were the comic relief (which oddly enough were also the "gory" parts), Jay Hernandez, and Miike cameo.

Otherwise, it sucked. Bad. People puked in the theater. From what? Probably because the movie sucked so bad. Save your money and go see a good movie.

Also, everyone in the theater thought QT made the movie...I'm so glad people are S-M-R-T.

I have never seen anyone puke in the movie theater before. I have seen 2 people have epilitic seizures in two different movies before but no puking.

(in case you are wondering, the two movies are "Bound" and "People vs. Larry Flynt")

#52 slimpip   Westside CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:11 AM

I have never seen anyone puke in the movie theater before. I have seen 2 people have epilitic seizures in two different movies before but no puking.

(in case you are wondering, the two movies are "Bound" and "People vs. Larry Flynt")

At least 3 people puked in the theater; they brang in the dust stuff, barf bags, the whole sha-bang.

Honestly, I can not think of one scene that would induce vomiting in the movie. Maybe I'm just de-sensitized (sp?). Or maybe the horror was missing in this horror movie. Probably a little of both.

#53 dudeguy   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   34 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:17 AM

At least 3 people puked in the theater; they brang in the dust stuff, barf bags, the whole sha-bang.

Honestly, I can not think of one scene that would induce vomiting in the movie. Maybe I'm just de-sensitized (sp?). Or maybe the horror was missing in this horror movie. Probably a little of both.

The one scene with the eye was pretty disgusting to me.

#54 slimpip   Westside CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:19 AM

The one scene with the eye was pretty disgusting to me.

Yea, you're right. But, I should mention that all the puke-ees had done their damage before that scene. It was probably 30-40 minutes before that when the people started to hurl, and they all finished within 10 minutes. Maybe they were boozed up.

#55 Skelah   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

the movie is suposed to be a gorefest 3 people puking in the same theatre? sounds like classic horror movie to me for some intense scenes at very least.

#56 Maynard   Steam 48 hours a week. CAGiversary!   2252 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

I thought the movie was excellent. Well written, well acted, and overall very effective movie for what it was trying to be. Im not going to get into arguments on whose a better director la la la, I basically look at it like this, Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one. Usually they stink too. For the guys who dont like QT just relax. Just because you dont like a director why do we have to argue about who's better. I'm sure some of you guys who dont like QT probably like some dickhead i fucken loathe, big deal.

#57 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30091 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:49 AM

It was good enough, not very gory though. Loved Miike's cameo.

#58 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5588 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:07 AM

Heres its 4 bucks for the early showings and 8 bucks for evening and night showings.

WTF you at? That $4 price is reasonable.

#59 Vampire Hunter D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Vampire Hunter D

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:49 PM

No its just 4 bucks for the matine. I think they are crazy for doing that. I mean its cool but they could be making more money like 6 bucks fro matine. Every other showing is 8 bucks.

#60 Vampire Hunter D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Vampire Hunter D

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

Ok i just got back from it and i thought it was good. Id give it an 8. Im not good at reviews so ill just leave it at that. Oh and Parent of the Year goes to the bitch who sat next to me. She brought her RETARDED son who was maybe in his late teens. That mom needs to have her son taken away from her. EVery once in a while he'd blurt out "BLOOD" and "iIM SCARED".