Non-gamer G/F games...

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I need to compile a list of games that would be good investments for me concerning my girlfriend. She doesn't/hasn't ever really been a videogamer, but she is starting.

I need help compiling a list of games that she shouldn't have too much trouble beating and ones that won't be so bad/boring that I will die (I'm gonna be playing through them with her).

Some games we have beat together that she has done fairly well in w/o being too frustrated:

Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Wario World
We began playing I-Ninja together, but it quickly became a bit too difficult.

Anyone got any suggestions for easy, fun, cheap games that the g/f will enjoy playing WITH me? Something we can play through and "beat" together.

Thanks.

My girld REALLY wanted to play sphinx...but that was too hard for her at the beginning, and the later levels would involve broken controllers

Ninja Gaiden.

JK. If you can find an eyetoy cheap (like used at EB, combined with the 30% off for winning the game on their website*), that is a pretty decent non-gamer "game". Still not as cheap as some of the other suggestions, though.

* They may have the eyetoy listed as hardware, and not let you do it. They let me, but YMMV.

[quote name='janglypangly']Soul Calibur 2, it's a button masher, so it isnt too confusing :)[/quote]

Yea most girls like fighting games for some reason. Me and my sister would play SCII as well and she never plays games, but she loves SCII

ddr, mario allstars/world, donkey kong country (not sure if u have snes, but the dk games are nice to play together because of the tag team gameplay....and the badbuddy code XoD )

which systems do you have? Voodoo Vince is a great game for girl but get frustrating at a point. Crazy taxi can be good if short lived. Also, sports games and racing games can be good if shes into that.

Kirby super star!, Seriously it ought to be fun for everyone but I haven't put it to the test. Mabye some easy and simple fighters, mabye smashbros but I play alotta smash bros and no ones girlfriend plays. It might just be intimidation though.

Animal Crossing definately if you have a cube. It's easy and there is no pressure to "finish". Also, The Sims is a lot of fun and the original can be had for under $20.

[quote name='scsg75']Tetris Worlds. Boring game, but the only game my girlfriend will play.[/quote]

My wife only plays puzzle games like Tetris, Bust a Move (SNES) and Intelligent Cube. Had her try GTA 3 and she wont shoot the cops. Only once she played it for a while and thats because she had a horrible day at work and she wanted to kill a couple of co-workers. I suggested to her to snipe a few people on GTA 3 and it was like therapy. It made her feel better. But that was it...

Tetris Worlds nothing. Either Tetris Attack or Pokemon Puzzle League. Nothing else lately, but my wife'll play Pokemon with me for hours.

My GF loves extreme sports games. We play Tony Hawk a lot, but she's extremely good and kicks my ass sometimes. She likes Kelly Slater's Surfing and Transworld surf too. (we both surf)

Try to find something she's interested in in a video game and she'll be down with playing.

Co-op games make good couple games. Don't underestimate the appeal of fighting alongside instead of against.

-Hoshi

haha, my GF also likes Vice City. She says its a "horrible" game but she's a closet fan who enjoys killing gang members. Monkey Ball is good, Mario Party too. Ape Escape 2 is her favorite game right now and I enjoy the mini-games in it too. Monkey Soccer pwns. I think Karaoke Revolution is GF friendly too.

You gotta play Animal Crossing with her. My girl went out and bought a Gamecube after we started playing together. It can be fun to travel to each other's village or write letters to one another in the game.

She also got hooked on Warioware for the gameboy. She went out and bought an GBA SP to play it on her breaks.

[quote name='hoshi']Co-op games make good couple games. Don't underestimate the appeal of fighting alongside instead of against.

-Hoshi[/quote]

That was kinda the idea I was going for...co-op games or action/adventure type platformers where we could take turns on missions or something (like jak & daxter take turns on power cells or something)...

Thanks for all the suggestions

i saw you have mario kart 64, which obviously means you have an n64 :roll:, so Mario Tennis is a great game that isnt hard...you can play doubles matches together (on the same team ;))

fun stuff :)

Karaoke Revolution is a good choice, my old G/F liked that one, but then she wanted to play it all the time, and I almost threw it through a window.

[quote name='hoshi']Co-op games make good couple games. Don't underestimate the appeal of fighting alongside instead of against.

-Hoshi[/quote]

yeah its true. my girlfriend hated it when i played Halo deathmatches with my friends, but when I asked her to play co-op mode with me, she loved it. so far, we've beaten it together on up to heroic, but i dont want her slowing me down if we play on legendary.

she also likes to jump on my xbox live account and play rainbow 6, but i think I just ended up with a girl who likes shooting things.

I agree with people who said fighting games. My girlfriend HATES video games but when I can get her to play, it's a button masher where she can try and kick my ass.

Animal Crossing is probably your best bet. My fiancée and I have been playing that since I gave her a GameCube for Christmas.

We've also been playing the hack 'n slash RPGs. We played through Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and are currently playing D&D Heroes. She's been enjoying them, and, because they're co-op, if things get out of control, I'm there to back her up.

She's a few hours into Skies of Arcadia, and she really likes it, but she has a hard time finding time to play it. If your girlfriend has never played an RPG before, Skies of Arcadia is a great one to try. It's a lot more forgiving than most RPGs; for example, if you die on a boss fight, you get to retry the fight instead of having to reload your save and find your way back to the boss. Skies of Arcadia isn't really the best game for both of you to play, but if you're looking for a game to keep her busy when you're not around, it's a good choice.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Animal Crossing! You get to plant flowers, make your own clothes, and go shopping. She loves it.[/quote]
Ditto, this game rules.

My wife plays:

Mario Party 4 + 5
Wario Ware
Animal Crossing (can't get her to stop!)
Tiger Woods 2004
The Sims
Bomberman Generations (Multiplayer)
Mario Golf

Haven't shown her Crystal Chronicles or Zelda 4 swords yet

My girlfriend will only play Namco Museum and Trivial Pursuit. I got her a Pelican universal arcade-style stick because she hates using her thumb to control and refuses to try to learn. She sure does love her Ms. Pacman though...

[quote name='punqsux']ive never played it but i think 4 swords would prolly be a good choice[/quote]

still working on conjuring up 2 GBA's and 2 connector chords--really want to get her to play it with me though...

My wife used to hate playing video games, but I've gotten her to play quite a bit now. The games she really loves are:

Bust A Move
Nights (Saturn)
Crimson Skies
Space Channel 5
Soul Calibur 2

She got addicted to playing Crimson Skies on Live. Once, she stayed up until 4 a.m. playing. She ended up getting pretty damn good and won a few matches.

The Sims Bustin Out has cooperative multipalyer... and nearly all girls will get addicted to The Sims quickly... available for all systems.
And for some reason I have introduced Worms World Party to a bunch of girls and they all love it... It's available for the Dreamcast, Playstation, or PC.
O yeah... and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance has a good cooperative mode that isn't too challenging.

Well before I got dumped for no reason, we used to play:

DDR
Eyetoy (both of 'em)
Pac Man Vs
Mario Kart DD
Wario Ware
and she LOVED Super Mario Bros for NES

I can barely look at that cartridge anymore without getting misty eyed....

:(

bread's done
Back