E3 Cracks Down on Booth Babes.

Good, the less babes the better. I could care less if they are eye candy, it's the games that are important! Ha, I've never been to E3 so I'm not one to talk, but I always found them stupid/trashy. When my bro comes back from E3 this year, there will be more game pics and less babe pics.

Horrible decision. Booth babes have become a part of E3 and something most guys attending look forward to seeing them (either at the show or at the pictures).

They weren't that attractive at all when I went last year. Most of them must have been on the wrong side of 30, and up close you could tell why they were booth babes and not models. No loss really.

Do you have to be 18 to get into E3?

I love it when the governing body who imposes the new policy has "sole discretion to determine what is acceptable".

i really don't care. It's been a nice little thing to have around for E3 and a way to make things more enjoyable, but not necissary.

I do say though Tokyo Game Show would not be the same without boothbabes so I can understand how this would be to most people... hey, at least they aren't banning females in general.

Well I hope that they do cut down a bit on the babes. I want too see more resources put into having games Playable. I didn't travel all the way to LA to watch a movie of a video game. I actually want to play the damn thing and not have to wait in line 40 minutes while the loser infront of me trys figure out what the A button does.

When it comes to booth babes nintendo has the best. They are nice looking, friendly, and actually know how the game works they are standing next to.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I forgot about the wheelchair groper from last year. I bet that had a lot to do with it.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I saw this thread thats what I thought of. I remember reading the thread that guy made on a different forum. The story and his pics were hilarious but at the same time wrong.

I am all for this. It is in all gamers' best interest that gaming be taken seriously. You can't have it both ways--either it's a viable medium of expression or it's an adoloescent male nerd-geek ghetto. And if it's the latter, then expect tons of regulation going forward.

Get your eye candy somewhere else. Politically, this is not the time to be feeding ammunition to the opposition.

I kinda hope they start doing this with other conventions too. When my ex and I used to go to these things, he'd make me take pictures of him with booth babes and then comment about how much better they are than me...

Why are there never any hot guys at video gaming conventions?

[quote name='KingDox']Well I hope that they do cut down a bit on the babes. I want too see more resources put into having games Playable. I didn't travel all the way to LA to watch a movie of a video game. I actually want to play the damn thing and not have to wait in line 40 minutes while the loser infront of me trys figure out what the A button does.

When it comes to booth babes nintendo has the best. They are nice looking, friendly, and actually know how the game works they are standing next to.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe the developers have much of a part in the booth babe process since they're busy working on the games before the show. You act like they just laze around for the month or so before the show and that's the reason why not everything is playable. It's not playable because it's not finished up to the point that most of the other playable games are and offering playable versions would have a chance of putting people off on the game.

Bad decision in my opinion. You won't be seeing too many pretty lady gamers there, so they fill the void with mindless yet scantily clad females.

[quote name='rabbitt']Bad decision in my opinion. You won't be seeing too many pretty lady gamers there, so they fill the void with mindless yet scantily clad females.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. Beautiful women marketing and promoting products isn't anything new. From the above video Japan looks like they can handle it, why not us? I swear, people in this country get uptight over the STUPIDEST stuff.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Tell me about it. Beautiful women marketing and promoting products isn't anything new. From the above video Japan looks like they can handle it, why not us? I swear, people in this country get uptight over the STUPIDEST stuff.[/QUOTE]
OMGzorz SKIN?!?! COMPLETELY CLOTHED WOMEN??? OUTFITS YOU WOULD SEE ON THE BEACH??? BAN THAT SHIT!

Wait, there's violence too? Oh, well then we can only come to one logical conclusion. Promote the shit out of the violence.

Sigh, Now more nerds with NEVER have any type of interaction with a girl besides in a Video game or watching anime. I feel sorry for them.

[quote name='vietgurl']When my ex... made me take pictures of him with booth babes and then comment about how much better they are than me...[/QUOTE] Glad to hear he's your EX. What a horrible thing to say to your girlfriend.

Also I wouldn't hold Japan up as a model to emulate. According to my japanese friend, women are treated as inferior & viewed as little more than Objects/Maids/Male personal servants. We don't need that sexist-trash here in the U.S.

For the E3 organizers it's a matter of perception:
- Is E3 the place to learn about games & other serious industry issues?
- Or just a brainless Playboy-style party for men to get bulges in their pants?

I'm sure E3 would prefer to be seen as the former, and not the latter, and that's why they added the $5000 fine. To give the already-existed rule some teeth.

[EDIT: Look what happened when I clicked on that wheelchair link from work: " Forbidden, this page (http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2005/05/man-in-wheelchair-gropes-e3-booth.html) is categorized as: Tasteless/Gross." Funny!]

I for one am all in favor of this move. Maybe it'll cut down on all the attendees who have no reason to be at E3 and just crowd the place up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't believe the developers have much of a part in the booth babe process since they're busy working on the games before the show. You act like they just laze around for the month or so before the show and that's the reason why not everything is playable. It's not playable because it's not finished up to the point that most of the other playable games are and offering playable versions would have a chance of putting people off on the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the developers don't have a say on what girls show up. But those chicks aren't working for free. So the game company must have a budget set aside for promotion. And maybe they can move some of that cash from promotion like booth babes and move it towards development so that I can actually get my hands on a video game I can demo. I'm not asking for the world, just give me one level or one car or one track, something. If the only thing I see at E3 is movies, I may as well never have gone since I can get that crap online at the various video game sites.

[quote name='KingDox']I'm pretty sure the developers don't have a say on what girls show up. But those chicks aren't working for free. So the game company must have a budget set aside for promotion. And maybe they can move some of that cash from promotion like booth babes and move it towards development so that I can actually get my hands on a video game I can demo. I'm not asking for the world, just give me one level or one car or one track, something. If the only thing I see at E3 is movies, I may as well never have gone since I can get that crap online at the various video game sites.[/QUOTE]
You're confusing marketing and development. Marketing decides how the booth is set up and how they will go about spending whatever budget they have set aside for it. The development budget is in no way tied to that, so I'm not sure why they would be taking from the development budget when the actual developers don't really have much of a part in the booth decisions. As for the demos, it all depends on where in the development cycle they are at. If they don't have a solid demo to show, they won't have one. It's that simple. Videos are done when no demo is available, but they still want to show off the game. The demos far outweigh the videos from what I've seen, though if you're only seeing videos at E3, you took a wrong turn somewhere.

[quote name='zewone']Wack.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I wonder if an update to DOA:XBV were to come out what would they do? Have the models dress in longjohns?

bread's done
Back