CAGcast #17: Get Your Mario On

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
We keep it smooth with the latest releases and gaming news, CAG news and video game deals, your questions from the CAGbag, and more!

iTunes (If you have iTunes, please review us!)
Download - 48 minutes, 21MB

Past CAGcasts

CAGcast Spoilers below!

Show Companion Materials

Intro Music
Yeah, it's Mario 2! by neminem - GYBO forum thread

CAGcast News Blast topics
Tough Interview with Peter Moore on 1UP by Dan "Shoe" Hsu

1UP Caught Plagurizing
50 Cent Game Sells a Million copies
Xbox 360 Live Arcade Plans Revealed - J. Allard's Gamertag = HiroProtagonist

Bethesda Purchases Star Trek License - Star Trek 25th Anniversary PC Game

CAG Video Game Deals/News
CheapyD on ChatterBox Video Game Radio - Prank call
Cheapy Awards Voting is now OpenWin $300 Gift Card
Amazon $10 game Re-stock
Sunday Ad Preview

Is it always this slow downloading off the main site? Maybe its just the gay NAT router my complex has setup but my download only gets a few kb and then freezes.

[quote name='Msia']Is it always this slow downloading off the main site? Maybe its just the gay NAT router my complex has setup but my download only gets a few kb and then freezes.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure its you.

By the way, I just realized that I FORGOT TO READ thorbahn3's questions!
Complete oversight...do'h! Is this the first one that doesn't have a question from him? I'm guessing we must have missed him before at least once.

Something screwed up with my download. First, it took way to long, and second its only 43:47 long...
Strange, ill have to re-download it.

:lol: You guys seem to cut off a little bit of the ending conversation all the time. Otherwise, good show. It seems Cheapy's making a habit of the burping. :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure its you.

By the way, I just realized that I FORGOT TO READ thorbahn3's questions!
Complete oversight...do'h! Is this the first one that doesn't have a question from him? I'm guessing we must have missed him before at least once.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's alright. You can plug vgpub.com in the next cagcast if your beating yourself up that bad. Damn, Skype sure is dicking with your show. Also I totally agree with you on 1up.com's behavor. That was the best part despite what Wombat says.

[quote name='theq87']So, eh, mods, any way I can get my username changed to "CheapyQ"?

I've got a cheap CAGcast knockoff to broadcast.[/QUOTE]

$5 says someone registers that username sometime today

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']$5 says someone registers that username sometime today[/QUOTE]I'll take that bet ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll take that bet ;)[/QUOTE]

oh, but my fingers were crossed :lol:

oh yeah...and right or wrong, I've always pronounced Mario as Mar e o...rhymes with "car be slow"...it always weirds me out when I hear it pronounced any other way

@Wombat - Do you really need to ask who is buying the 50 cent game?

A: Poor, inner-city kids who buy into the glorification of violence portrayed by Hip-Hopsters these days.

Also, NY'kers can't pronounce Maaaaaario. :lol:

EDIT: What, you guys don't own a Steel Battalion controller?

[quote name='daphatty']@Wombat - Do you really need to ask who is buying the 50 cent game?

A: Poor, inner-city kids who buy into the glorification of violence portrayed by Hip-Hopsters these days.
[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I'm in downtown Baltimore for college, and I stopped by GameStop a few weeks ago. Local black kids seem to be their main customers, and in the 10 minutes I was in the store, literally 3 different groups came up to the counter and asked about the 50 cent game.

[quote name='ryanbph']good show, with wombat going away on vacation, will there be guest co - hosts?[/QUOTE]

I'll only be gone from a wednesday to a wednesday, so I shouldnt miss any shows, you vulture!

Good Cagcast as always but two things.

I was able to use my giftcard from EB on their website for pre-orders, so u can use store credit on their site as long as they put it on a seperate card.

Also I don't think Conker and Forza are backwards.

Edit: NM Forza is, Conker isn't.

I almost died laughing when you guys mentioned the 50 cent game.

according to XBOX.com forza is, Conker is not, which is surprising because you can buy a Conker gamer pic on marketplace

Another great CAGcast!

Wombat, it seemed like you hung back a little this week - don't let ill-humored douchebags get you down...keep doing what you do.

Wombat's hilarious.

So hey, err, if I ask a lil' something to the tune of "Wombat, be thine wit divine or the fruit of the mortal mind", will I make it into the CAGbag? Cause I'll ask. Oh, you watch me.

CheapyD & Wombat Beat Gay Trucker
in iTunes, under the Audio Blogs category ;)

%236.gif

cheapyd

[quote name='CheapyD']CheapyD & Wombat Beat Gay Trucker

%236.gif

cheapyd
[/QUOTE]

Hmm...David is the name of the host (or whatever) of the Gay Trucker show. Tell me that's not a Mr. David Abrams. :lol:

Good show but enough with the disgusting sound effects from Cheapy! It sounds like he was raised in a barn. (Wombat's mother apparently did a better job than Cheapy's in terms of teaching basic social skills. :cry: )

Please spare us in the future.

[quote name='CheapyD']CheapyD & Wombat Beat Gay Trucker

%236.gif

cheapyd
[/QUOTE]
how the hell is lets speak german for a day ahead of cagcast

Due to Cheapy having "other plans" there will be no show tonight, so looks like next show should be wed. 2/8, In meantime review us on Itunes, thanks.

[quote name='CheapyD']Other plans = bettering myself at Japanese school (my first day!).[/QUOTE]

I hope the other kids didn't make fun of you.

[quote name='shipwreck']I hope the other kids didn't make fun of you.[/QUOTE]

Without further ado, I present to you

cheapydin.jpg

[quote name='rabbitt']Good luck at school. Maybe you can teach us a new Japanese word for every new CAGcast.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Mrs. Wombat actually suggested that as well. I think perhaps a short Your Man In Japan segment might be decent.

[quote name='sying']When is the new CAGcast? I need my crack![/QUOTE]Wombat returns from vacation this week, so...this week!

The funny thing about that picture is that my chair is actually pretty small...luckily the class is only an hour and a half otherwise my ass would be totally asleep.

bread's done
Back