- - - - -

Phoenix Wright

#31 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3450 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:28 AM

I got mine from Play-Asia.com back in Novemberish and it was $29.90 new.

They seem to be out of stock now (big surprise) but it says *game will ship when new stock arrives*

*shrug*

#32 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7035 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Yea, everywhere i saw it (while it was in stock) it was $29.99 new. I managed to snag one a week ago with gamerush store credit, ebay'd it for $56.50 shipped.

Sad thing is that i did kinda want to play it. Maybe we'll see a reprint someday.

#33 lpj8   Backlogged CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Your best bet is buy it now auctions as soon as they are listed, you may get lucky.
A new copy goes for 45-55. I've seen used complete copies go for as low as 30 recently, but are typically in the 40-50 range.
Ebgames.com will get some used copies in for pretty cheap for a split second at 7:00-7:45 AM sometimes, but you have to be ready to pounce.

Its a great game and a ton of fun, good luck!

#34 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:33 AM

so basically i should take my friends deal for 45 bucks?

i mean, i actually dont mind, i rarely have this much trouble finding a game and with these extenuating circumstances it seems a worthy price.

the only thing that irks me is if by the time i buy a DS LITE to play it that gamequest will have ran a reprint......

aside from the fact that they dont reprint every game thats hard to find, one reason i think it may not happen is that capcoms decision to stop printing was a bit abrupt, it wasn't just a small batch for an underestimated demand, it got rare VERY fast, i have this feelling the run got cut prematurely for some reason, that may meant GQD wont be able to get permission, assuming they ever do try.....what do yall think about that?

#35 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:47 AM

me thinks GQD will reprint Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden 2, Brigandine, etc before reprinting this

#36 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:51 AM

it all depends on who gives them the permission, i dont think theyll get publisher permission for Wright since i think there may have been a reason productio was literally halted for the title....and if i end up buying the game now, i'm hoping they dont (although as i've stated elsewhere i wont be furious if they did, just be a bit pissed i wasnt patient enough to wait).

#37 TexTuna   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:04 AM

You might check your Game Stop store locator/inventory. I picked a new copy up at GS this past weekend for $29.99 (you know what "new" means to them) but it is mint anyways.

There are 3 showing up used within 40 miles of me but unfortunately the closest one is 25 miles away - 50 miles round trip is usally a bit out of my hunting range but I'll try and get by that store this weekend. Will call them tomorrow and put a hold on it of they still have it.

If I am able to hold that copy I'll PM you tomorrow morning.

TexTuna

#38 djkunai   Banned Banned   3092 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:10 AM

Special Order at GameCrazy.

$6 + MSRP.

#39 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14135 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:04 AM

I saw them on shelves before I bought my DS...should've grabbed one...

#40 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2359 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:23 AM

5th case= well worth the money. As a sidenote, can you save after you complete the 5th case? I didn't see the option.

No and it sucks because you can't get the painting behind Case 5 like the other ones =(

#41 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10173 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:26 AM

I got lucky. I bought one sealed for 29.99 at Gamestop. OP, or any other interested party, if you live in Mesa, AZ, the Gamestop on Greenfield Road has at least the display copy, if not more.
Give them a call and check.

#42 doctorfaustus   Booknerd CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

doctorfaustus

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

I read through this thread and am very interested.

Is waiting an option for you? I mean, since you are getting the ds in March you have a month to check local stores and be on the hunt.

BUT 10 dollars + shipping more than MSRP (assuming 35 MSRP) is not a bad deal when you consider the hassle of looking for this game.

I say, if you absolutely need the peace of mind of having the game in your possesion in order to play it the moment your DS lite gets to you, then you should go ahead and buy it from your source.

Splurge a little on yourself! I know this is CAG and most of us aren't rich, but if you are going to stress out about it and take on a campaign of searching websites, calling local stores, and driving around you are losing something more precious than money, time. In the end the 10-15 dollars extra is well worth the time you will save.

Do it.

Good luck.

#43 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4215 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:51 AM

I got it with trade-in credit when it first came out. It was good but not $45 good.

Here is a link to my review: http://www.vgpub.com...right-DS/review

#44 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

Is waiting an option for you? I mean, since you are getting the ds in March you have a month to check local stores and be on the hunt.

BUT 10 dollars + shipping more than MSRP (assuming 35 MSRP) is not a bad deal when you consider the hassle of looking for this game.

I say, if you absolutely need the peace of mind of having the game in your possesion in order to play it the moment your DS lite gets to you, then you should go ahead and buy it from your source.

Splurge a little on yourself! I know this is CAG and most of us aren't rich, but if you are going to stress out about it and take on a campaign of searching websites, calling local stores, and driving around you are losing something more precious than money, time. In the end the 10-15 dollars extra is well worth the time you will save.

Do it.

Good luck.

Exactly. There's countless games that I would've gone crazy over if I kept trying to find a deal. I've spent upwards of $60 on a game before and been damn happy about it just because I finally had the game.

#45 masterh   Stop that! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:45 PM

I thought it was great - not DS game of the year, but definitely in my top five. Especially the last case. Considering the amount of time I spent with the game - I'm guesstimating at least 15+ hours, and you can save at ANY time - I'd recommend it at $50, but no higher.

#46 brosan123   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   35 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

brosan123

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

keep looking, i got it mint used for 20.99 shipped. excellent game, but like the others are saying, i wouldn't plunk down anything over msrp.

#47 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:04 AM

Do it.

Good luck.

yeah...you're right....and i had made up my mind to do so....but DAMNIT if my friend already got rid of it, i waited too long.....but now i'm determined, if i can get it at around 40ish new, that i will, so if any of my other collector friends get one i'll give him the same offer.....boy.....now i feel even WORSE that i didnt just do it a day or so ago.

the "yeah the small extra is worth saving me the hassle of physically going around store to store" logic was sound, i should have just gone with it for once, even if it gets reprinted, which for this game i really dont think it will, i wont be kicking myself over 10 more bucks, just so i could have the one game that might be totally unfindable by then.

mind you on the internety alone i've gone through alot of hassle already, looking from the big stores, to GQD and the CAG'ish type places, all the way down to the ultra shady websites....hell i even have an order pending at some shitty walmart knockoff place called "targetstar.com".....and i'm betting it's never gonna be sent and they were just too cheap to have a stock meter for their products....or a phone number and valid email address for that matter.

anyhow........just like when i returned Suikoden 2 when my parents bought it for me back in 2001 for Hanukah and then went through hell to buy it 3 years later for a reasonable price, so too will i dominate this situation, and do it NOWISH!

-fyi, waiting was only not feasible because every month i waited it would get even HARDER to find....elsewhise i'm holding off buying the other DS games i want (Castlevania, Bubble Bobble, Trauma Center even) because i can likely get those whenever the DS lite comes out.

mind you that date is not march though, as i'm in the US and woudl likely wait for the american release, which so far is rumored some months after that.

#48 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:19 AM

well what do you know....fate as it were is smiling on me today.

i took a swing by ebay and was able to get it for 39.99 plus shipping (brand new factory sealed too), so in the end i got to pay 5 bucks less than i had planned with my friend.

i almost feel like posting it in the bragging rights forum, although i'm betting no one would be impressed.

#49 WebScud  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:42 AM

well what do you know....fate as it were is smiling on me today.

i took a swing by ebay and was able to get it for 39.99 plus shipping (brand new factory sealed too), so in the end i got to pay 5 bucks less than i had planned with my friend.

i almost feel like posting it in the bragging rights forum, although i'm betting no one would be impressed.

I was just going to say eBay. It looks like the going rate is anywhere from $35-50.

http://search-comple...orefinesearchZ1

#50 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:55 AM

yeah that search link leads to what seems to be all ended acutions.

and the rate also covers used, i was looking for factory sealed which raises it a little. In the end though i think i got just about the lowest possible price for factory sealed.

i dont usually get good experiences with Ebay so i generally try to avoid it, especially the bidding aspect, as it always gets sniped up, but this one just happened to had popped up just as my friend screwed me over and i was able to buy it immediately.

#51 WebScud  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

I know that link leads to ended auctions, that wasn't an accident. How else can I say "the going rate is anywhere from $35-50."? ;)

Though, I wasn't aware that you were looking for new only. You can easily add that search parameter if you wanted. But you already got a copy anyway. Glad you didn't get raped.

#52 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:05 AM

actually when i was looking through advanced search i did not see an option to search for new only.

but i was able to search for buy it now (which honestly is the best way to do it, any factory sealed biddable item will not get sold for cheap and will waste time to sit around for days bidding anyway), which is how i found this.... i think it had just been put up too so i got lucky.

#53 WebScud  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

actually when i was looking through advanced search i did not see an option to search for new only.

It's not there. ;)

On the left column click "Games" and then "New". Post-search filters, I guess?

http://video-games.s...orefinesearchZ1

#54 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:16 AM

in this case fortunately, the way i did it still covered all the results i wanted to see, but i'll keep that in mind.

#55 xDerekRx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:23 AM

If lived in Rochester NY , both of your Gamestops had 1 new and 1-2 used copies. Of course I live in Buffalo :(

#56 TexTuna   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:00 AM

There are still a few copies at Gamestops. I've picked up 3 in the last week. One to keep, and 2 to trade. Looking for a mint/excellent copy of PS2 Futurama if anyone has one.

The thing is with Gamestops since the game is discontinued they have removed the New game from their instore inventory search, only used copies show up there now. The only way to find out if a GS/EB has a new one is to visit or call. Most will tell you it isn't available new in their stores. Just say thank you and go on to the next. I called over 30 stores today, found 3 copies so at least in my area there seems to be 1 new $29.99 copy per 10 stores. There are another 30 stores all within 24 miles of me but I don't plan on calling them unless I end up needing more trade material. Of course with GS/EB "New" means opened but hopefully never used.

Since it doesn't show in their system new anymore, they won't be getting any more new copies and the used ones fly away pretty quickly at $19.99.

TexTuna

#57 spincut   Marketing/VG Production CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:28 AM

it always seems like somewhere must have it locally but it's an overall hassle to call so many people and often they dont in the more urban populated places i am, besides, i really dont have the time to schlep around and check all the places out.

it's kind of like what Dr. Faustus said.

in my experience there always is some area where some dude finds what i'm looking for in abundance (lol, like what he horrid TRU sale) but i'm very unlucky with that kind of thing with the areas i'm in.

#58 TexTuna   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

Tell me about it. Aparently the PS2 Futurama I'm looking for is somewhat common in some parts of the country - even sealed examples. Here, nada.

Yet Phoneix Wright's while not easy to find are at least around. Apparently the local Fry's had several copies last week but they are sold out now. And the 3 copies I've gotten at GS's have all been their last copies.

Anyone know why this game was discontinued? Sure seems to me they sale quick whenever they are found and by all accounts its a great game. Oh well.

TexTuna

it always seems like somewhere must have it locally but it's an overall hassle to call so many people and often they dont in the more urban populated places i am, besides, i really dont have the time to schlep around and check all the places out.

it's kind of like what Dr. Faustus said.

in my experience there always is some area where some dude finds what i'm looking for in abundance (lol, like what he horrid TRU sale) but i'm very unlucky with that kind of thing with the areas i'm in.

#59 dragon_feces   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

dragon_feces

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:30 PM

Dang...I live in Saudi Arabia and they have no copys at the local store...Shipping isn't a option because anything electronic will get stolen in customs. I'm in a nasty pickle.

#60 alongx   Soy loco por el Cornball CAGiversary!   4889 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:01 PM

5th case= well worth the money. As a sidenote, can you save after you complete the 5th case? I didn't see the option.

5th case, if anything, is the case that makes the game not worth the money. Yeah, it's the only case that takes advantage of the DS's touch screen capabilities well, but, in investigating and in court, if you don't follow the exact, and often obscure, path that Capcom had in mind, then you end up stuck for a good long while.