Important!!! New info on CC $4.99 sale.

Steampunk

CAG Veteran
Today (7/4) I found the sales people putting all the $4.99 the games away for the BIG SALE to start NEXT Sunday 7/11/04. So we were lucky to find out about this a week ahead of schedule.

What a bunch of clowns @ CC HQ. :lol: There will be a flyer with all the cheapo games listed in next Sunday's paper.

By the way, I did score MGS:Substance for $4.99 at the Woodlands Mall - Houston, TX. Look out for next week, 'cause the rush will be on!!

ok, good... i was at cc today, and there was nothing; i thought i had gone mad, or that my cc sucks, or both

Yeah, I saw the same thing happening at my CC's too. The employees were throwing only sports games into the $5 bin, and were taking all the other games into the back for next week's sale.

Typical, word gets out early, CC freaks, puts away games for potential customers and probably will keep most for themselves and release the crappy ones to us.....hopefully them doing this won't come to pass near me....

[quote name='Steampunk']Today (7/4) I found the sales people putting all the $4.99 the games away for the BIG SALE to start NEXT Sunday 7/11/04. So we were lucky to find out about this a week ahead of schedule.

What a bunch of clowns @ CC HQ. :lol: There will be a flyer with all the cheapo games listed in next Sunday's paper.

By the way, I did score MGS:Substance for $4.99 at the Woodlands Mall - Houston, TX. Look out for next week, 'cause the rush will be on!![/quote]

Hey I almost drover out to that CC today.Good thing I didnt eh?My local CC pretty much took care of me except for Ape Escape 2 and RAD.DId find my REZ there though.

Not telling which CC is mine!Its mine all mine and im a greedy bastrd! :twisted: :wink:

I got most of the games I wanted(except 4) so I am not all that mad, but the fact that they stopped me from buying them pissed me off

well the reason they have to pull the games is so they cant get sued when the ads run. If the ads run and all the games are gone already then they could get in trouble for false advertising.

Well I'm hoping that is the reason I couldn't find alot of games out today...I only saw one other person buying the $5 games out of 3 stores in my area. And he told me he found basically the same thing...tons of sports games (which was what he was buying, sports titles). I didn't find anything I wanted to spend $5 on in the bins.

I also saw the cashiers limiting the amount of games they would let the customers buy.

And it was obvious the employees were putting stock in the back, they were taking games off the shelves, plus all the games were placed neatly in alphabetical order. Since when did anyone go to a retail store on a holiday weekend and find video games still neatly in order, sale or not? I think someone at CC caught onto us.

Well, lets hope we can have another go at the games on the next sale. Maybe we will get some better deals then.

So i might still have a chance to find Armored core 2, ape escape 2, marvel vs. capcom 2, rez and etc.

woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pickup 6 PS2 games and 2 XBOX games cuz... clueless manager won't let meeeh pickup all the games i wanted yesterday....then...all of them is gone today :(

They're hosed. The non-CAG public is going to show to find NOTHING is left before the sale begins unless they've got a lot of stock still in the warehouses to deploy.

If there is no incoming stock I can say authoritatively that most of the stores in LA and Ventura Counties and cleaned. I was fairly thorough and I was by no means alone. By the time I got to the last store on my route (the ninth) I only found a half dozen items like Stuper Duper Sumos that no sane person covets for any price. I bought them solely because I knew a game store less than ten miles from there was currently buying those titles for $8 each. So the profits from that last CC stop just went to paying for all my mileage. Since I started out his morning with half a tank I'm actually well ahead on that front.

Is there any indication the upcoming advertised sale will include more titles? If not they're going to have a lot of pissed off people on thier hands.

My CC had REZ and Disgaea the day before, to my knowledge, so maybe this is what happened with them. Either way, I'll be waiting at the door next Sunday.

Actually no, not on REZ anyway.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So i might still have a chance to find Armored core 2, ape escape 2, marvel vs. capcom 2, rez and etc.

woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

...casey, go kick thier asses. they CANNOT, not sell you items on the sales floor. UNLESS they have broken a certain street date with a new release movie, then that shit is yours. Complain, HARD.

[quote name='Wshakspear']...casey, go kick thier asses. they CANNOT, not sell you items on the sales floor. UNLESS they have broken a certain street date with a new release movie, then that shit is yours. Complain, HARD.[/quote]

I sent them two e-mails on the subject. I tried calling but was talking to someone in India who did not comprehend English very well(I guess the job was outsourced).

[quote name='DX'][quote name='Steampunk']Today (7/4) I found the sales people putting all the $4.99 the games away for the BIG SALE to start NEXT Sunday 7/11/04. So we were lucky to find out about this a week ahead of schedule.

By the way, I did score MGS:Substance for $4.99 at the Woodlands Mall - Houston, TX. Look out for next week, 'cause the rush will be on!![/quote]

Hey I almost drover out to that CC today.Good thing I didnt eh?My local CC pretty much took care of me except for Ape Escape 2 and RAD.DId find my REZ there though.

Not telling which CC is mine!Its mine all mine and im a greedy bastrd! :twisted: :wink:[/quote]

Willowbrook? Please say no. *dies*

I think we'll start seeing games trickel onto the cc.com web page over the next two weeks. Just like we saw some pop up today. It was only a small protion of the list. I hope we'll see more.

Actually, I'm going to buy at least 6 more games. I lied about not having any money. Hopefully 6 Disgaea's. I wouldn't clean out an entire game, except that one. CC opens at 11 AM again, right?

I didn't see any evidence of stock being pulled in any of the 9 stores I visited today in Southern California. In most of the stores the clerks were baffled and had been infomed of nothing regarding the supposed July 11 sale.

In four stores the clerks were impressed with the list I all of four minute producing this morning. Copy from the appropriate topic's list, paste into Word, change all to 9 pt. type face and format to three columns with a single icon click. I briefly lent out my list for copying to all four of those stores. Not that it would help them any since I was pretty much laying waste to their clearance inventory.

In most of the stores they were taken aback by my bulky but cheap purchase and asked how I could have possibly known about these markdowns that nobody told them about.

"CheapAssGamer.com, my dear. It's a way of life."

[quote name='aloneagainor'][quote name='DX'][quote name='Steampunk']Today (7/4) I found the sales people putting all the $4.99 the games away for the BIG SALE to start NEXT Sunday 7/11/04. So we were lucky to find out about this a week ahead of schedule.

Not telling which CC is mine!Its mine all mine and im a greedy bastrd! :twisted: :wink:[/quote]

Willowbrook? Please say no. *dies*[/quote]

NO. :lol:

This makes no sense. Why would they do it like this? Seems like a waste of time to have employess emptying the shelves. If the sale starts next week why did they mark all the games down in their system? Seriously. They arent that dumb. I dont think there will be an advertised sale next week. They dont have time to empty all the shelves and then put the stuff back out.

my CC is weird, when this 4.99 sale first began I couldnt find a single 4.99 game, I should check sunday when the big sale begins.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']my CC is weird, when this 4.99 sale first began I couldnt find a single 4.99 game, I should check sunday when the big sale begins.[/quote]

They may of pulled them prematurely.

only person who I saw putting games in the back was a woman who was buying games fr her bf and her brother. Everyone in the store I was at was waiting for me to pull up the list from here. But it's a new CC, so there was barely and $5 games there.
But Wel'll get some good price matches at bestbuy.

[quote name='akilshohen']only person who I saw putting games in the back was a woman who was buying games fr her bf and her brother. Everyone in the store I was at was waiting for me to pull up the list from here. But it's a new CC, so there was barely and $5 games there.
But Wel'll get some good price matches at bestbuy.[/quote]

Would they price match a receipt?

You have to wonder if there is a CC employee in the main office responsible for entering stop/start dates for sales and markdowns who is going to have a very bad day this coming Tuesday.

[quote name='scdoanintendo'][quote name='akilshohen']only person who I saw putting games in the back was a woman who was buying games fr her bf and her brother. Everyone in the store I was at was waiting for me to pull up the list from here. But it's a new CC, so there was barely and $5 games there.

Would they price match a receipt?[/quote]

I think hes talking about the ad that's supposed to show these games on sale.

of course if they advertise it you better be there the second they open becuase there are a ton of people who love cheap games and people who want to resell to gs and eb.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='scdoanintendo'][quote name='akilshohen']only person who I saw putting games in the back was a woman who was buying games fr her bf and her brother. Everyone in the store I was at was waiting for me to pull up the list from here. But it's a new CC, so there was barely and $5 games there.

I think hes talking about the ad that's supposed to show these games on sale.[/quote]
what ad showing they are 5 dollars? I was hoping they would pricematch a reciept :(

I was at one store today and when I walked into the games section an employee told me that they would not honor the $4.99 price on any of the games that we found. So my bro and I shruged it off. Then a few minutes later, another employee told us that he just got an e-mail from corporate stating that they would have to honor the price. A moment after that about four employees plus the manager swarmed over the games taking whatever they could get.

[quote name='ngxbox2004']Deal's over. Corporate has pulled all games.[/quote]

Thanks Mr. CC owner guy.

Im glad you situation is exactly like everyone elses in these hectic times... :p

This is on a store to store basis...stop waiting for the GD sky to fall...

going tomorrow to the third CC in my area to find more games....hoping the deal is still going on

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='scdoanintendo'][quote name='akilshohen']only person who I saw putting games in the back was a woman who was buying games fr her bf and her brother. Everyone in the store I was at was waiting for me to pull up the list from here. But it's a new CC, so there was barely and $5 games there.

I think hes talking about the ad that's supposed to show these games on sale.[/quote]
what ad showing they are 5 dollars? I was hoping they would pricematch a reciept :([/quote]

THE AD IS NOT GAME SPECIFIC. It will be a general "game clearance sale". Don't worry the games will be restocked and held until next sunday (or saturday night. But next sunday will be epic , better bring your baseball bat.

bread's done
Back