Who thinks this is the greatest deal in CAG history?

i would like to trade for rez, i would give up a sealed copy of la pucelle and one or two other games. my screenname on gametz.com is dracula, i need to update my games list tho.

Unfortunately I was not around to take advantage of this when the news first appeared of this sale, but I would have to agree that this is the best sale I have seen. Hopefully I will be able to find Disgaea for a good price sometime

I didn't get much, so for me, I wouldn't say it's the greatest deal in CAG history, but I can see why it would be for people that scored a lot of the video games they wanted.

I hate seeing Chris webber...time out? TIME-FREAKING-OUT???

Anyways, yes, this is probably the best deal overall. There have been good deals on newer games, but as for quantity, damn!

[quote name='Wshakspear']I hate seeing Chris webber...time out? TIME-FREAKING-OUT???

Anyways, yes, this is probably the best deal overall. There have been good deals on newer games, but as for quantity, damn![/quote]

you got me rolling in the chair with that one.

The best deal I ever got off CAG was when Target first started clearancing games and I picked up about 35 for around $3 a piece and traded them all in to get my Xbox. Getting games like Sega Soccer Slam for $3.24 at Target and getting $23 in credit was awesome.

Thanks to CAG I have my Xbox. :)

But this deal is pretty damn close.

I'd say yes but it is also at the same time sad that those who are greedy to buy multiple copies of the same games and leave no mercy to other gamers, sigh...

people, we are gamers! not jerks! please remember that.

Well, look at it this way; There may be more. My friend works at Target and his LOD (Or as I like to call them, Lord of Destruction) told him that many retail outlets do this in mid-july and August to get ready for Christmas. He even mentioned that Target may be doing seomthing like this soon to all the value games and certain ones that don't sell. Of course, I'm not sure if this would be chain wide or just at stores who can't move stock, but I'm already wet just thinking about another one of these things going on with a fresh stock of games.

I wouldn't think the CC sale is the greatest sale I have seen. BB did this a couple of months ago with great titles too (Fatal Frame 2...). Target does this about every other week with a couple of titles (I picked up Wario Ware for 4.98 and La Pucelle for 19.99). When a huge drop occurs such as the one this weekend at CC you get all the dealers out of their shells coming in the masses to take everything. When a small clearance happens, I find I have way better luck picking up everything I truly want.

deal of the year? absolutely. My nomination goes to punqsux for cheapass of the year, as soon as he reported that disgaea was $4.99 the frenzy was on. Before then, guys were saying "the bb $5 deal kicked teh cc $5 sale's ass". Someone else brought up the fact that REZ is part of the deal. I got a copy of disgaea thanks to this deal.

I'd say this is the best deal yet. There were a ton of great games available to be picked up. Never before has one sale offered so much for so cheap. I hope that the rumored "round 2" offers even more.

I also finally got Skies of Arcadia after Bestbuy cancelled the $10 order eons ago (I even saved $5). That reason alone makes this one of the greatest deals ever.

Sorry Dracula, i'm keeping all of my games because i for one actually want to play them this time, not to mention i already have la pucelle.

i'm very happy with what i got..the only game i'm said i didn't find was viewtiful joe and timespiltters 2 for x-box....i found a few of the really rare ones and i'm so thankful for this site in my life

[quote name='brassguy04']I missed out on this - but of course because of this I found this site and board!

How often do good deals/sales like this happen?[/quote]

Once in a lifetime.

One time I got a fully functional WWF Superstars machine (yes, as in arcade machine) for $25. To me, that tops the Disagea, Gitaroo Man, and Ikaruga I nabbed this weekend for $5 each. 8)

RD

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='Wshakspear']I hate seeing Chris webber...time out? TIME-FREAKING-OUT???[/quote]

I think it's safe to say everyone is over that.[/quote]

Sorry, No. I burned my Michigan B-ball after he did that.

But on-topic yeah, BEST SALE EVER.

[email protected] Posted: July 5, 2004, 11:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One time I got a fully functional WWF Superstars machine (yes, as in arcade machine) for $25. To me, that tops the Disagea, Gitaroo Man, and Ikaruga I nabbed this weekend for $5 each.

RD

yaeh man but this time you got three games for $15 instead of one for $25, besides think of the space your saving by having them in dvd cases instead of a cabinet.

i think it will be a good idea to check back periodically at cc just to check for games that might have been lost in the stockroom and end up on the shelves. One thing is for sure, this sale kicks ass.

i think it will be a good idea to check back periodically at cc just to check for games that might have been lost in the stockroom and end up on the shelves. One thing is for sure, this sale kicks ass.

I would definately check back. I had been away so I missed out when this sale first started. I called today to see if they had any left and the guy told me that they just started clearancing games now. Hopefully I will be one of the first to pick through them.

I find it hard to believe that more copies of Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga, Disgaea, etc. will magically appear on shelves this Sunday...

[quote name='BigNick']Yes and no, It brought out a lot of jealous cry babies.......[/quote]

No, it brought out a lot of assholes. I'm sorry, when I go to Circuit City and they told me that someone had just come in and bought about $550 worth of games, I deserve to get pissed off. If this deal had actually been when advertised, I'm sure they would have had the limit x per customer and this shit wouldn't have happened. Call me a jealous cry baby if you want, but I didn't know that everyone else on CAG was out to screw other people out of a deal.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='brassguy04']I missed out on this - but of course because of this I found this site and board!

How often do good deals/sales like this happen?[/quote]

Once in a lifetime.[/quote]

I doubt that. We had a similar BB deal just a month ago. And I wouldn't be surprised if a deal like this game along again. Just probably not for a while.

Surely an awesome deal.... to bad the closest CC to me is in Madison, WI, 200 miles away!! I've had to sit here in agony as everyone else posts all their great finds. Curse BB and their Iowa monopoly!! However, I have been very happy to hear about everyone's sucess. Well done, gentlemen; I've enjoyed my vicarious living as I read your posts. Best of luck next weekend also.

robdees, you could inform a high authority that runs CC that there is a bb near you and they need competition. Get a list of signatures from everyone that lives near you and that may just encourage them to build a CC, maybe even across the street!

Just a thought. And I yeah, these deals do come more often than once in a lifetime. But it took 15 years from the time I was born to have two great sales like this.

But with the reactions that CC's were getting, I have a feeling that there will be plenty more deals on the way similar to this one.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='BigNick']Yes and no, It brought out a lot of jealous cry babies.......[/quote]

No, it brought out a lot of assholes. I'm sorry, when I go to Circuit City and they told me that someone had just come in and bought about $550 worth of games, I deserve to get pissed off. If this deal had actually been when advertised, I'm sure they would have had the limit x per customer and this shit wouldn't have happened. Call me a jealous cry baby if you want, but I didn't know that everyone else on CAG was out to screw other people out of a deal.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. Like I said in another thread, you can be a cheapass, without being a cheap asshole. [Not pointing fingers at anyone here necessarily, just using the repetition of terms for effect.]
People who buy 20 different games, *maybe* two copies of each 'for a friend' or relative, that's cool. People who buy every copy of everything, 'for trading' or 'for ebay', you're an asshole. No, there's no law against it...actually CC may have a policy against reselling....but just because something's 'legal' doesn't make it 'right'. I'm old-fashioned that way. Way back in college, or even high school, I learned a couple of rules that go far toward treating people right: If there's more than one, don't take someone's last beer/soft drink, and don't take the last piece of pizza. Those two rules, and their corollaries, have served me well in life.
And I know there are some CAGs who buy multiples and then sell them for 8 or 10 bucks shipped to other CAGs. That's not quite as bad as those scumbag Ebay hoarders. But buying all 20 copies of something is just ridiculous.

Thanks for the idea, Rabbit. Unfortunatly, CC already tried to get a foothold here and failed due to the power of BB. I work part time at the ole BB so no CC is good for me professionally (more business= more hours and pay for me) but as a consumer of video games it sucks.

I'm surprised that CC is not trying to get a store near you, at least not try a little harder. You would think that they would try to steal thunder away from BB...

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='BigNick']Yes and no, It brought out a lot of jealous cry babies.......[/quote]

No, it brought out a lot of assholes. I'm sorry, when I go to Circuit City and they told me that someone had just come in and bought about $550 worth of games, I deserve to get pissed off. If this deal had actually been when advertised, I'm sure they would have had the limit x per customer and this shit wouldn't have happened. Call me a jealous cry baby if you want, but I didn't know that everyone else on CAG was out to screw other people out of a deal.[/quote]

I would really like to know who the people are who bought that many games. I wonder how many of them are actually CAG regulars and how many are just people who randomly found out about the deal.

Greatest deal ever for new stuff? Definitely. For me though, Blockbuster's price scanner ringing every SNES and Genny game for sale at 50 cents apiece tops them all.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='BigNick']Yes and no, It brought out a lot of jealous cry babies.......[/quote]

I would really like to know who the people are who bought that many games. I wonder how many of them are actually CAG regulars and how many are just people who randomly found out about the deal.[/quote]

well when I went to my CC they informed me people told them they found out about this deal on CAG. They were waiting in line sun. morning, so you do the assuming along with me...

Yeah this one was a pretty good deal, by far the most i've bought out of any deals since I discovered CAG, now to work up the urge to play them :p

I think this was a great deal but not yet the best ever. I missed out on the highly wanted games but I still managed to get some titles that were cool for myself and a friend. And all these people complaining about horders, this is life and that is how it works, sometimes you get the deal and sometimes you miss the deal. There will always be more to come thanks to CAG. I will try again Sunday to see if anything shows up and if I get somethings great if not I'll just wait for the next deal. I personally like the target clearance sales myself. I find I get the most of my deals through target. . . examples Botaki - $4.98, PS online Xbox $4.98, Dark cloud 2 $6.98, Clock Tower 3 -$4.98. They really have great deals often. My favorite thread is the Target Clearance! :D

bread's done
Back