i work for circuit city

dre297

CAGiversary!
just so happens i'm in the game section and work all the way up until next monday so i will keep everyone up to date with whats goin on with the 4.99 games news :idea: my store mainly has all the crappy games lefted but i will let you all know that if you see any of the red multipack games(only ps2 and psone games) they are ringin up at 4.99 so thats two games for 4.99

Multipacks for $4.99? Cool stuff. Be sure to keep us posted! And thanks to not being dicks to us when we're trying to get games!

I want to know what everyone else wants to know:

Will they be restocking, and if so, what day?

hey thanks man any help is much appreciated i really hope this sale will be occuring next week and that my CC will be fully stocked. Damn do I want Disgaea

I don't believe this deserves its own thread either... especially since it seems CC employees had to be informed of this deal.

I will not hesitate to spend $50 on 10 copies of Disgaea. The $50 isn't the problem, though. It's the 10. Oh and thanks dre. This helps out all of us CAG a lot.

well i talked to my store manager and she knew about it . i went to the back to look thru our store info site and it was surpose to be for next weekend.so i'm hopin they will send replinshment stock out if theres enough in the main shippin location like i said i will let everyone know whats goin on also its not a sale all the games that are 4.99 are stayin that way til we have none lefted

I have questions for you:

Will CC be restocking?
When was there an order put out to stop selling these games?
Why the hell does it seem the CC near me is mentally challenged?
If CC restocks during middle of week, will the 5 dollar prices still be in effect?

One more question, [when any restocking is done], do all the CCs get equal amounts of that product?

[quote name='rabbitt']I will not hesitate to spend $50 on 10 copies of Disgaea. The $50 isn't the problem, though. It's the 10. Oh and thanks dre. This helps out all of us CAG a lot.[/quote]

of course u would. anyone can ebay that game for at least $30. That's a 25 profit right there. I just want one b/c i heard it was quite a funny game and i already bought la pucelle at target for $20.

[quote name='dre297']well i talked to my store manager and she knew about it . i went to the back to look thru our store info site and it was surpose to be for next weekend.so i'm hopin they will send replinshment stock out if theres enough in the main shippin location like i said i will let everyone know whats goin on also its not a sale all the games that are 4.99 are stayin that way til we have none lefted[/quote]

None lefted? Is that even English?
I mean, mistyping it one time can be seen as a mistake.
Twice is a pattern.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='dre297']well i talked to my store manager and she knew about it . i went to the back to look thru our store info site and it was surpose to be for next weekend.so i'm hopin they will send replinshment stock out if theres enough in the main shippin location like i said i will let everyone know whats goin on also its not a sale all the games that are 4.99 are stayin that way til we have none lefted[/quote]

None lefted? Is that even English?
I mean, mistyping it one time can be seen as a mistake.
Twice is a pattern.[/quote]

lol

I think if you follow the trend of the thread it appears to be jst chance discovery that balloned through good will and sluething by Cag Members from a snowball to a Avalench.

I think as soon as punqsux (if I recall from memory correctly) posted that Disgaea was $5 it became obvious just how huge this deal was and that really kicked it off.

Well, I wouldn't sell them all. I would keep a copy and sell them to the CAG here for $15, or trade them for games I couldn't find. Then if a copy is left, I would ebay it.

That way, I get what I want, keep this game from little kids who will eat the box or piss all over it, and benefit the CAG here who helped me out so much. Not that I will even find a single copy (well, MAYBE one), but that's what I would do.

One guy at gamefaqs said the store manager at the Circuit City he was at said the shipment of games was suppose to come tuesday.

[quote name='rabbitt']Well, I wouldn't sell them all. I would keep a copy and sell them to the CAG here for $15, or trade them for games I couldn't find. Then if a copy is left, I would ebay it.
[/quote]

wow. making a $10 each profit off other CAGs; what a saint you are.

games ship with music and dvds monday thru friday (this monday might be diffrent cause of the holiday) as far as the restockin think for the sale i'm not sure but i will know more tomorrow when i go in and the 4.99 price will stay that way until further notice from corp yes most of the people are cc are are clueless

[quote name='dre297']games ship with music and dvds monday thru friday (this monday might be diffrent cause of the holiday) as far as the restockin think for the sale i'm not sure but i will know more tomorrow when i go in and the 4.99 price will stay that way until further notice from corp yes most of the people are cc are are clueless[/quote]

lol I'm gonna check every day starting tomorrow.

Thanks for this info BTW, you rock!!!

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='rabbitt']Well, I wouldn't sell them all. I would keep a copy and sell them to the CAG here for $15, or trade them for games I couldn't find. Then if a copy is left, I would ebay it.
[/quote]

wow. making a $10 each profit off other CAGs; what a saint you are.[/quote]

and on the 4th too, some people got no heart

[quote name='CharAznable']One more thing....

Was this list put out intentionally by CC?

Or was this a huge leak?[/quote]
Classic...

The people at my local CC's arent totally clueless. There were lots of employees in uniform walking around with lists and big stacks of games that they were buying. Funny thing is that they really didn't know the ebay value of the games as I was able to pickup 16 copies of marvel vs capcom 2.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='rabbitt']Well, I wouldn't sell them all. I would keep a copy and sell them to the CAG here for $15, or trade them for games I couldn't find. Then if a copy is left, I would ebay it.
[/quote]

wow. making a $10 each profit off other CAGs; what a saint you are.[/quote]

Why give the guy a hard time? First off, it's just a hypothetical situation. But even so, if that were the case, he could sell them on Ebay easily for $30 a piece or more. Instead he said he'd offer them to CAGs for $15. What's the harm in somebody making a profit? If I wanted Disgaea (I don't), I'd have no problem paying $15 for it, and I wouldn't be bitter because he paid $5. It's still a great deal and works out well for all parties. He makes a profit, you get a great game that you want for under cost.

[quote name='mdm']If they were on duty you should have talked to their manager and got them fired.[/quote]

i seriously lol'ed at your comment ;-)

I think the problem is the hording aspect kils it for other CAGs in his area. They find out about the 5 dollar games and come looking for them only to find someone else bought them all and are selling them for 15 bucks a peice, inflating th eprice 10 bucks that they could have used to buy 2 other games.

I dont have a problem with people who want to help out buy picking up an extra if someone in another area can find a game they dont have but to buy the games simply to profit off them is a bit annoying.

No, I can't stop a person from doing it, I'm just stating why people dont like it.

I am reminded of the $10 Best Buy Skies of Arcadia/Panzer Dragoon situation where it was available online and no 1 per person, so it was pretty much the people who sit on their asses all day and manipulate ebay who got the copies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: DIE EBAY DIE

[quote name='vanlandw'][quote name='mdm']If they were on duty you should have talked to their manager and got them fired.[/quote]

i seriously lol'ed at your comment ;-)[/quote]

Well they would get fired so thats not anything to laugh at. The people at my cc were alll clueless and pissed they couldn't get anything.

I only got 4 games myself but i heard 4 guys went in and each left with 30 games a piece.

keep us posted on when the restocking in coming in! fortunately, my job is only like 2-3 minutes away from CC, so i can check before i go in =) as long as no jerks beat me to it and buy up 20 games...

THANK YOU Abily. What I was getting through with my post was that I would get all of the Disgaea's before any non-CAG got one. That way it benefits us more than anyone else (SUCH AS AN EMPLOYEE).

[quote name='rabbitt']THANK YOU Abily. What I was getting through with my post was that I would get all of the Disgaea's before any non-CAG got one. That way it benefits us more than anyone else (SUCH AS AN EMPLOYEE).[/quote]

Cut the shit you are no saint ALPHA2 has the right idea.

[quote name='Alpha2']I think the problem is the hording aspect kils it for other CAGs in his area. They find out about the 5 dollar games and come looking for them only to find someone else bought them all and are selling them for 15 bucks a peice, inflating th eprice 10 bucks that they could have used to buy 2 other games.

I dont have a problem with people who want to help out buy picking up an extra if someone in another area can find a game they dont have but to buy the games simply to profit off them is a bit annoying.

No, I can't stop a person from doing it, I'm just stating why people dont like it.[/quote]

Agreed. I bought a couple extra copies of just a few games my buddies that live across the country wanted and didn't have near their area. I was on the cell at CC to confirm it so I didn't waste anyone else's chance at a game.

I so hate when people come here and brag about the fact that they buy 15 copies of a title to sell on evilBay. It really abuses what this site is all about and it's just seems rude posting it back in our faces here.

Don't hate the player -- hate the game :lol:
Ebay helps us locate buyers for our many copies of the same game.

As another employee, I can tell you this.

- There will be no replinishments. MAYBE some will come in that would come in regardless because we have extra copies in our warehouses, but do not expect several copies of Disgaea, Gitaroo Man, and Rez to be coming back. Some games are very rare and havent been in the store for several months, so dont expect them back anytime soon.

- This is not a sale. These games are permanently marked down and will not return to their original price.

so, would it be a good idea to get up, be at circuit city when it opens tomorrow (monday), and see if there is a new shipment? and then repeat everyday after that???

man i want to get in on this but when i checked today the entire place was ransacked...

Look, if you go to the store, dont see the titles you want, you can ask about the other stores, but I can tell you this, there will be almost nothing coming back in stock. We get games almost everyday but again, some of these games havent been replenished in several months so dont expect them to come back in.

[quote name='psychokillerquestquece']i was just asking if you WILL get a shipment in on monday, and if so, a certain time or..?[/quote]

I dont think he has no way of telling you that. Many places are random. Some get their shipments in the middle of the day.

wait so when did this sale start?? i got to get to a circuit city tomorrow if you guys say they had disgaea and MvsC2. hopefully no one horded all the ones in my area... thats pretty messed up buying 10+ copies of a game so no one else can get them..

Monday? Doubtful. If I'm correct, USPS is not doing deliveries and most likely FexEx and UPS will follow. If they dont, both FedEx and UPS do work normal on monday, then yeah we might get some games in stock. But that shipment will not be any of the games sold today or yesterday. Our system has about a three/four day wait time before we get more in stock. So if it sold today, the earliest we would get it back in would be thursday, most likely friday. But again, rare games that were sold are gone and they will not come back.

This is kinda off topic but since some of you work for CC, tell me wtf is the purpose of the asshole standing at the door checking receipts. Usually I walk by with no problem, since its a waste of my time, but today this guy followed me outside to try to check my receipt. Of course he failed, but what gives?? CC is the only store that does it, so shed some light if you can.

bread's done
Back