IGN Win your wishlist contest (This weeks winner is a CAG)

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Well, this could go in contests (since it is ongoing) or I could toss it in bragging rights, but in either instance, the winner of this weeks contest is none other than ME! If they keep up their end of the deal, I should be seeing:

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Karaoke Revolution Party
beatmania
Guitar Hero
Super Mario Strikers

Just the top 5. If I won my entire wishlist I would be innundated with a mountain of absolute crap (Along with a few gems)

How did you find out you won? Do they just e-mail you saying you won or do they roll up to your house in a van with lots of balloons, a huge (but fake) check, and Ed McMahn congratulating you on your huge success?

But seriously... do they just e-mail you? (So I know what to expect when I win, lmao!)

Hmm, how did you find out about this contest? I don't see anything on the website about it. Did you have to do anything special to enter?

Congrats man.:)

To enter their contest: sign up for an account at IGN, put at least 5 games on your wishlish and rank them, check back every Friday to see if you've won.

I've been on there for almost 2 years and have yet to win.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Warner1281']How did you find out you won? Do they just e-mail you saying you won or do they roll up to your house in a van with lots of balloons, a huge (but fake) check, and Ed McMahn congratulating you on your huge success?

But seriously... do they just e-mail you? (So I know what to expect when I win, lmao!)[/QUOTE]

Nope, they post your ID on the USERS entrance page. If it wasn't for someone commenting on my blog that I've won, I wouldn't have known and would have forfieted my prize....

[quote name='BigDirty']Nope, they post your ID on the USERS entrance page. If it wasn't for someone commenting on my blog that I've won, I wouldn't have known and would have forfieted my prize....[/QUOTE]

That's probably how they get most people. They just put some games on their wishlist and then forget about it, thinking that they aren't doing the contest anymore, therefore saving IGN some money since people won't remember.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Can these wish list games be out of print, like Valkyrie Profile or Suikoden II?[/QUOTE]

...What do you think?

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']What happens if your list is OOP though? Do they ask you what you'd like?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they give you the top five games in your wish list that are still in print.

Phew! Really glad you saw that, BigDirty, cause I saw your name that day and was gonna PM you! (And then I forgot!) Glad you found out though, because I would've really felt bad.

[quote name='BigDirty']Nope, they post your ID on the USERS entrance page. If it wasn't for someone commenting on my blog that I've won, I wouldn't have known and would have forfieted my prize....[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the prize, OP. For future reference, could you provide a link to this page?

[quote name='shieryda']What the fuck?! IGN doesn't notify you that you've won? I guess I need to check weekly, then...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I assumed they would just e-mail you. Damn... I've probably won like 4 times already... bastards!

javascript:void(window.open('http://scripts.snowball.com/clinkscontent/users/allWishlistWinners.html','winners','width=320,height=360,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,resizable=yes'))

i just copied the script for the winners list and bookmarked it (since ign is friggin slow). I hope it will "update" next week when i check on it. OP, let us know when u get the games!

*edit*: here's the link to the sweepstakes rules/etc.:
http://sweepstakes.ign.com/sweepstakes/2043_rules.html

How long do they give you before you lose your prize?

Hey congrats BigDirty! It's kinda crappy they didn't mail you though. I looked over the rules that Mento888 posted and it says that are supposed to e-mail you if you win.

The contest is at http://users.ign.com/. Scroll down to the green box that says, "win-your-wishlist sweepstakes."

You have to have at least five games in your wishlist and in your collection. You can rank the games in your wishlist, and if you win, you win the top five. A winner is posted every Friday, so you have to keep checking to see if you've won.

You know, I was just on that site yesterday and when I saw bigdirty I thought the name sounded familiar, but I couldn't be sure. Congrats. :applause:

If they don't notify the winner, they are in violation of their rules:
"Winners will be notified by e-mail within one business day of each daily prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. Winners can also visit http://users.ign.com every Friday to check to see if they've won, and claim their prize by clicking on their username."

Got my games over the weekend. Bounty included a Guitar Hero, Karaoke Revolution Party, Beatmania, REZ, and Winning Eleven Nine!

[quote name='y2jd']stupid question... how do u rank? is it same as rate them when u go the game's info?[/quote]

When you go to your wishlist, there is a box next to the game. Simply input your ranking number (starting with 1 and going on til any number greater than 5). Click the button just below those boxes to update the list, and you're good to go.

bread's done
Back