Best deal you ever got

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
What is the best ratio you have ever gotten on a deal meaning
(Price You Paid):(MSRP), where did you get it, when did you get it and what was it. ALso write wether or not it was used,
My ratio sucks, 35:50 new
6:50 used

NOT INCLUDING THE LATEST CITCUIT CITY SALE! Only state the deals from SANE retailers

Lucked out thrice...

EA Games pack - $0.01
Tetris/Clone Wars Bundle - $0.01
Sims Deluxe - $0.01

The only one I've missed out on is the Mortal Kombat penny deal.

Tetris Clone Wars Xbox games - $0.01
SSX 3 from the EA store for $9 shipped (when it first came out)
Official Konami Guitar Freaks controller with Guitar Freaks 1st Mix - $65 with shipping (used on Ebay, but the guitar sells for over $100 used and the game sells for $25 - $30 used).

When my manager went to a conference last year, he came back with TONS of free games. I came away with:

Tron 2.0 (awesome)
Age of Mythology: The Titans (awesome as well)
Once Upon a Knight (utter balls)
and tons of misc. crap

So that was awesome, seeing as how I didn't pay one red cent for any of it. He also had a beta copy of FFXI (PC), and we drew out of a hat to get it. My asst. manager got it, took it home, installed it, and BAM! it said the registration number was already in use. He was so mad...

wavebird for 10 bucks (platinum). I had to send the reciever to Nintendo for repair, but they fixed it and it works great.

aside from that, the 11 dollar X3 is up there, so are the 6 dollar Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG

i guess i would say Halo PC for 10 bucks and the recent 4.99 deal....also a few other five buck games from BB

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='lordopus99']Zelda Collector's Edition for free.[/quote]

Where did you get that deal?[/quote]

some nintendo deal... it was pretty much the only way to get it, if you bought 2 selected games off a list and inputted special codes to the nintendo website they sent you it for free! that my best deal too!

[quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='lordopus99']Zelda Collector's Edition for free.[/quote]

some nintendo deal... it was pretty much the only way to get it, if you bought 2 selected games off a list and inputted special codes to the nintendo website they sent you it for free! that my best deal too![/quote]

*Crossing My Fingers* Do you know if it is still happening? I wish I had known about this deal or the target .01 cent version. I've been trying to get one for some time.

I think my best deals have actually been with CaseyRyback. We've made lots of trades/sales, including PDO, a Controller S and a GC controller for something like $45 shipped, and every time I feel like I made out like a bandit. Pity you don't have anything for trade anymore Casey.

Isn't this the same type of thread/topic like my What is the greatest video game deal you have gotten from CAG?

Shouldn't this thread/topic be locked?????

I got a free copy of N64 Wave Race for placing in a trivia contest NOA held for the N64 launch.

Beyond that, it's hard to say. I used to be on fair number of review lists so everything from that publisher would just show up along with any t-shirts or promotional materials they had. My entire Ps1 Psygnosis library just appeared this way unsolicited.

Besides the above, I've had numerous occasions with other blowouts that I managed to bring in enough profit to pay for all the games I kept for myself, and sometimes even came out well ahead. The Great Sega Saturn Clearance at BB years ago remains a fond memory. Everything down to $7.99 or less. I spent thousands of dollars and came out way ahead as well as having a very nice US Saturn library.

Two copies of Boktai for $3.70 each at Target a few days ago; tagged at $20. Suikoden for $3 at Sears a few years ago.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='lordopus99']Zelda Collector's Edition for free.[/quote]

some nintendo deal... it was pretty much the only way to get it, if you bought 2 selected games off a list and inputted special codes to the nintendo website they sent you it for free! that my best deal too![/quote]

*Crossing My Fingers* Do you know if it is still happening? I wish I had known about this deal or the target .01 cent version. I've been trying to get one for some time.[/quote]
The other way you could get it was to subscribe to Nintendo Power. I think they still have that deal going on. Its like 12 bucks for a years subscription with the game.

buying panzer dragoon saga for the sega saturn for $25 at TRU. Then selling later for $190 dollars on Ebay because I left it sealed.

I happened to work in the same building as Sega. One day every summer they do a company sale and also allow people from other offices to come. The 2001 sale was mad, partially b/c of the Dreamcast shutdown. All the games were new. Off the top of my head:
30 (some copies) first party DC games: $2 each
10 first party Saturn games (including Shining Force III): $1 each
CDX: $5
4 Sonic Adventure plush toys (not Sonic though :\ ): $5 each
Dreamcast shwag (wine cork, desk set, vacuum 'puck' sealed Seaman, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio t-shirts: From $2 to $6

Bought Snatcher (Sega CD) from Goodwill for $2.99. Played through it. Sold it on eBay for $120. Used the $$ to buy a Platinum Gamecube and Eternal Darkness.
I guess I got a Gamecube and ED for $3!

I can top all of you suckas...

about 4 years ago circuit city was selling half-life for $8 and there was a $10 manufacturer's rebate (which I found out about in compusa's ad), so I ended up gaining $2 and half-life for free.

[quote name='OILYWATER']I happened to work in the same building as Sega. One day every summer they do a company sale and also allow people from other offices to come. The 2001 sale was mad, partially b/c of the Dreamcast shutdown. All the games were new. Off the top of my head:
30 (some copies) first party DC games: $2 each
10 first party Saturn games (including Shining Force III): $1 each
CDX: $5
4 Sonic Adventure plush toys (not Sonic though :\ ): $5 each
Dreamcast shwag (wine cork, desk set, vacuum 'puck' sealed Seaman, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio t-shirts: From $2 to $6[/quote]

Awesome.

Wouldn't want to part with any of the Sonic dolls, would you? *insane Sonic plush collector* >.>

;)

I've gotten a few good deals, several of which were by mistakes at other stores.

Zelda Collector's Edition - Free with PIN's
Half-Life Platinum Edition - $5 (wrong sticker on the box, should've been $40 at the time)
Kirby's Avalance - $6 (at launch time, wrong sticker on the box)
007 Nightfire (PS2) - Free (EB put it in the box by mistake, it wasn't even on the shipping slip)

I've gotten a lot of other deals over the years, but I liked these the most.

Zingela>I can check if I still have some left. I have about a dozen storage boxes of gaming shwag. I would've had more in fact but I regularly put up my stuff on ebay. I do recall keeping a Chao.

getting wal-mart to pricematch mario kart: super circuit ($29.99 sticker price) for $4.99 last week was super.

During Gamestop's buy 2 get one free deal.

2 Suikoden II's
2 Suikoden's
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles

Total: $180

The Suikoden's were all mint and complete, the FF's both mint, complete and non-GH versions.

I then sold Suikoden and Suikoden II on eBay for $180. Sum total spent on all four games.... $0.

[quote name='jbroush99']Bought Snatcher (Sega CD) from Goodwill for $2.99. Played through it. Sold it on eBay for $120. Used the $$ to buy a Platinum Gamecube and Eternal Darkness.
I guess I got a Gamecube and ED for $3![/quote]

Rockin'. I thought I was lucky finding it for $10 back when I was like 12 at a comic book store. I only bought it because the guy on the cover looked cool. Little did I know how much that game rules. My SegaCD is fried now, though I have an emulator on my PC and can play the game off of the regular CD.. it's nice, but not the same.

The best deal i've ever got would have to be this past Monday, a local store (not nationwide, to my knowledge) started a "trade in 3, get one free" deal, applying to CD's, DVD's and Games (I won't give away the store name.. if you know it, say it, but i'm not giving it away). I traded in Legends of Wrestling 1 for PS2, Parappa The Rapper 2 for PS2, and UFC Tapout for XBox, and walked out with a new/sealed FREE copy of Full Spectrum Warrior. Blew my mind.

I don't know about the "best ratio", but...

The deal I brag about was winning a moded Panasonic Q Gamecube (plays US, Jpn games + any region DVD) on Yahoo auctions. It even came with a 1st party wireless controller, component hookups, Biohazzard, Super Mario Sunshine (Jp) and the Zelda collectors disc (Ocarina one). Granted, the GC was used with a few minor scratches, but I won it all for only $220.

Keep in mind that it normally retails for about $500 (moded) by itself. And it looks so stinkin cool! http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-25-70-17r.html

-Earthbound (loose) for $4
-Final Fantasy VII (complete, non-GH) for $5 used
-PS2 GTA Vice City (complete, non-GH) for $5 used
-PS2 Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (complete) for $5 used
-SNES Sim City (complete, non-PC) for $5 new (back about 5 years ago when TRU was clearing out their SNES stock)

Best deal I ever got was this...

$12.99 for a brand new Snatcher (Sega CD) from Kay-Bee's in 1996. Goes for over $100 most of the time on Ebay. :D

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I can top all of you suckas...

about 4 years ago circuit city was selling half-life for $8 and there was a $10 manufacturer's rebate (which I found out about in compusa's ad), so I ended up gaining $2 and half-life for free.[/quote]

They actually gave you two bucks?

bread's done
Back