What's the worst video game you picked up from the CC sale?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
For me, i 'd have to say its Stake: Fortune Fighters. I picked this up not knowing what it was and looking at the box and the back and thought it looked good. Well i was dearly wrong. It is the worst fighter ever made. Period. Bland graphics, limited amount of characters, and the character design looks like generic Capcom and Namco characters. It tries to be a mixture of SSBM mixed with Power Stone but fails horribly, just horribly.

This is a fine example of how the box can make a game look good even though it i snot. Take all precaution when finding this game, it is not worth $5 or .1 cent. maybe if you buy it, it is worth for kindling for a fire to save someone poor young child but try at all costs not to get it.

[quote name='sj41']I would by it for $0.01 if I saw it for that cheap.[/quote]

trust me it's not worth it. I tried trading it in at my local Gamecrazy, and they were only willing to give me a qaurter for it and even that's too much.

[quote name='sj41']I would by it for $0.01 if I saw it for that cheap.[/quote]

So would everyone else, Then ebay would be flooded with it. lol

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Giant Citizen Kabuto. That or Oni. It's a close call.[/quote]

Whyyyyy would you pick up Oni? That's like sacrilege!

Moto GP 2. I don't want to have to go to college and earn a PHD to learn how to play a fucking game.

I heard Metal Gear Solid 2 kinda sucks, but I haven't played it yet, so I can't really comment.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate Dino Crisis 3 because of "the worst camera EVER", or so I hear.

Still, for $5 nothing is that bad. Even if it just adds to your collection.

[quote name='Ebraum']F-Zero GBA. Am I the only person that thinks this game sucks?[/quote]

i thoguht this game sucked too, the problem was, i just sucked at it, keep trying. use the yellow car.

My Street.

This game really sucks ass. I can't believe they had the nerve to charge more than $5 for this thing in the first place. It's bad Mario Party minigames without all the stupid boardgame crap (then I guess it's not SO bad, then...).

A neat concept, a kid neighborhood, play kid games, run around like a kid. But I'd rather play wiffleball in the rain than play this game anymore cause it's just boring and there are no goals, or any other endearing qualities to give it replay value.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Ebraum']F-Zero GBA. Am I the only person that thinks this game sucks?[/quote]

i thoguht this game sucked too, the problem was, i just sucked at it, keep trying. use the yellow car.[/quote]

The game belong's to my local Gamerush now.

[quote name='mmn']Moto GP 2. I don't want to have to go to college and earn a PHD to learn how to play a shaq-fuing game.

I heard Metal Gear Solid 2 kinda sucks, but I haven't played it yet, so I can't really comment.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate Dino Crisis 3 because of "the worst camera EVER", or so I hear.

Still, for $5 nothing is that bad. Even if it just adds to your collection.[/quote]

I wanted to like Dino Crisi 3 so bad. At first I didn't think the camera was that bad. but it really is.
Moto GP 2 Owns. I love it. Just don't dare go on live right away. I get slaughtered every time.

[quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Ebraum']F-Zero GBA. Am I the only person that thinks this game sucks?[/quote]

i thoguht this game sucked too, the problem was, i just sucked at it, keep trying. use the yellow car.[/quote]

The game belong's to my local Gamerush now.[/quote]

I actually liked that F-Zero. It sorta reminded me about the one on SNES.

[quote name='BigLebowski']Now come on, SOMEONE had to buy all of those copies of Universal Studios for GC...[/quote]
the dude minds

[quote name='BigLebowski']Now come on, SOMEONE had to buy all of those copies of Universal Studios for GC...[/quote]

I had it in may hand's a few times I must admit. Didn't buy though. I also passed on a Disagrea or what ever that game is. It was offered to me by another Cag who said he already owned it. He said I could have it if I was going to play it, which I wouldn't. Being honest suck's .

[quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='BigLebowski']Now come on, SOMEONE had to buy all of those copies of Universal Studios for GC...[/quote]

I had it in may hand's a few times I must admit. Didn't buy though. I also passed on a Disagrea or what ever that game is. It was offered to me by another Cag who said he already owned it. He said I could have it if I was going to play it, which I wouldn't. Being honest suck's .[/quote]

Ahh man i would have tooken it, even though i have one for my self, a griend of mine wanted it and a few family members. Oh, well.

heh, I was going to say I've got everyone beat...

Not only did I buy the FREAKING CRAPTASTIC Universal Studios Adventure, but I also got Mojo, Super Trucks Racing, Zoocube and to top it ALL off:

Barbarian for PS2.

Holy freaking crap. I have played some bad games in my life but this one takes the cake by far. I'm not kidding in saying I'd rather playing Univeral Studios...

I would have picked up the Universal Studio s thing if I'd seen it, understanding in advance it isn't reall a game.

Of the stuff I got the lowest ranked on gamerankings.com is SX Superstar for Xbox.

It's going back Sunday when I go by just to see if they magically produce more inventory.

[quote name='kev'][quote name='BigLebowski']Now come on, SOMEONE had to buy all of those copies of Universal Studios for GC...[/quote]

heh, I was going to say I've got everyone beat...

Not only did I buy the FREAKING CRAPTASTIC Universal Studios Adventure, but I also got Mojo, Super Trucks Racing, Zoocube and to top it ALL off:

Barbarian for PS2.

Holy freaking crap. I have played some bad games in my life but this one takes the cake by far. I'm not kidding in saying I'd rather playing Univeral Studios...[/quote]

ha shit, I just picked that up tonight... what makes it suck that hard

Out of PacMan world 2(GC)........Pinobee(GBA)............and Earthworm Jim(GBA)..........id say the worst game is pinobee......it kind of stupid, imo. I really like the Earthworm Jim game though. It doesnt have save features unfortunatly. Pac Man World 2 is quite fun also!

First off, i like Oni. Yes, im weird.

Second, my suckiest game would probably be...Boktai. I tried to like it. "Its different, if you dont like it, your stupid" well, im stupid then...ugh...

[quote name='p0tempkin']Worst thing I got was Haven. Only one copy of that though, destined for GameRush.[/quote]

This is one of the few games in the CC sale that was actually selling at $5 before the sale occured. Good luck getting more than a $1 for it at any game store.

Disgaea - without a doubt.

No.. wait... Bloody Roar 4 was worse... definitely worse than Disgaea :)

hmm considering that I only managed to get 2 games from this sale... im goin to have to say... Wrestlemania XIX.

And for those who are looking for this game, i still have it unopened =P

[quote name='mmn']

[/quote]

Do not listen to those people. There is a reason all the reviews for the game are so high. It is one of my favorite games of all time and def. in the top 5 of this generation. Nothing else comes close to touching this game in the genre.

hmm.. havnt had time to play any of mine yet, but judging by the ratings, Celebrity Deathmatch was the lowest with a 2.7 or somthing... i think it looks kinda fun though, just to bring back the 90's (sigh...)

I at least like all my games, but if I had to pick the worst, it would have been Terminator: Dawn of Fate, but I returned that today and used the credit towards Kanye West CD, which is very good.

Also I liked Giants: Citizen Kabuto very very much, on PS2, bad graphics, but i thought it was hilarious and very fun to play.. guess its just me.

Also MGS2 sucks. Especially the Xbox ver, I used to have it. Get Splinter Cell, you at least play that game instead of watching it..

I didn't fly off buying any old game becayse I could..... I imagine it's going to be Disney's Party... but my daughter and I DO like the Mario Parties and since it's the same developer and only 5 dollars (not to mention she is a big classic disney character fan) I thought it would be and ok diversion. And for the record... I LIKE Zoocube for Gamecube (and bought the GBA in the sale!)
it's all but brainless, similar to tetrisphere-a game to zone out to while listening music.

Why did I get Oni? Because it is Rockstar and Bungie on the PS2. No other reason. I had zero expectations from this game and.... it delivered.

On the other hand I really kind of like Disaster Report. Sure, it looks bland and it's a puzzle solver but it sure is a unique theme in a game. It still looks like a PS2 launch game or even a N64 game but hey... $5 lets you overlook a lot.

I also like Dr. Muto. I love brightly colored American platformers like this. Midway games are so over the top colorful that you can't help but love them.

Oh and I have to add this. I must be the ONLY person on the net that doesn't hate Haven. I actually kind of liked it like I like Kya. You know.... with 230+ games.... I really play too many games.

[quote name='epobirs']I would have picked up the Universal Studio s thing if I'd seen it, understanding in advance it isn't reall a game.

Of the stuff I got the lowest ranked on gamerankings.com is SX Superstar for Xbox.

It's going back Sunday when I go by just to see if they magically produce more inventory.[/quote]

yeah I got SX superstar for xbox on the chance it may be decent, but I read the online reviews of all my games before opening them. Sure enough, I'm taking SX superstar back. Let someone else feel ripped off by paying 5 bucks for it.

I have to agree with you, Stake: Fortune Fighters (the game itself) was pretty bad. Maybe worth $2.00, or $3 if it included the game case and manual :)

Best game that I could take advantage of with my (mediocre) luck was Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. I wish I could pickup Burnout 2 or find a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2, or Morrowind GoTY.

All the games i got were games i wanted no matter what, just because a game is five dollars doesn't mean i should buy it. But i guess the worst game i got would be Clock Tower 3. I really like it, but it would be the worst game i got.

[quote name='MixMasta']Anyone play Starksy and Hutch?? I wonder if its worth five bucks because my CC has tons of it still.[/quote]

its worth it if u have a light gun and a steering wheel and you play the 2 player mode by yourself

I *tried* to not pick up sucky games..

But Mystic Heroes for PS2 sucked big time. I heard it was an "Anime-styled Dynasty Warriors". Its more like a super-dumbed down Dynasty Warriors for kids. Don't buy/trade it unless you are under age 10.

[quote name='HYDE']Disgaea - without a doubt.

No.. wait... Bloody Roar 4 was worse... definitely worse than Disgaea :)[/quote]

I actually sort of like Bloody Roar 4. It reminds me a lot of the first one with better graphics, more areas to play it in, and more characters. It plays sort of like a mixture of Virtua Fighter 4 graphics (maybe a little lower though) and a Tekken combo fighter. I enjoyed it a lot.

bread's done
Back