Price Drop on X-Men Legends 2 & Ultimate Spidey

I actually saw it today at GS when I went in for the B2G1 and was surprised. It seemed like it dropped really fast.

Finally! I already have Ultimate Spider-Man (used that $10 off coupon at BB a couple months back) but I've really wanted to get X-Men Legends 2.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='kiun']which version of legends is the definite version ?

Xbox or PS2 ?

or PSP w/ the extra chars ?[/QUOTE]

best buy's website shows that the
xbox & ps2's version is $19.99

the psp version is $29.99 (i think it was $39.99 originally)

[quote name='kiun']which version of legends is the definite version ?

Xbox or PS2 ?

or PSP w/ the extra chars ?[/quote]

Don't forget there is also a PC version with extra characters that is also $20 at Target and other stores.

Sweet! I've got a $5 RZ cert and that $5 coupon, so I'll be picking up Legends 2 for $10 today...been waiting on a price drop for it forever! Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Jedi1979']in time for the buy 2 get 1....excellent....forget bestbuy and get a free game!![/QUOTE]
Just to recap, the B1G1 deal only applies to used games at EB/GS, right?

[quote name='bdw418']Just to recap, the B1G1 deal only applies to used games at EB/GS, right?[/QUOTE]

He means the Buy 2, get 1 free at Target for all games $20 and under. It's in this week's ad.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Is Ultimate Spidey any good?[/quote]

It's not a bad game in my opinion, but they messed with the one thing that was great about part 1 and 2, the swinging. They've made it more difficult to swing, and by doing that detracting from some of the fun. You no longer get the same sense of freedom as in part 1 and 2. You get quite the hand-cramps during some of the races in the game, as they force you to press the shoulder buttons over and over to keep up with your target. Of course the style of the game is also completely different (cell shading has been used for Ultimate Spiderman), but that in itself is not a bad thing.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Is Ultimate Spidey any good?[/QUOTE]

I'm slightly dissapointed in the game but for $15 it's not a bad deal. The gameplay mainly consists of fighting gangs, competing in races/time trials, and stopping the occasional bad guy/saving people from falling or runaway cars. Truthfully, it got boring after a while. As for the story, it's really awesome seeing Ultimate Spiderman in action, especially if you're not familiar with the universe.

[quote name='strummerbs']He means the Buy 2, get 1 free at Target for all games $20 and under. It's in this week's ad.[/quote]

That only refers to platium hits and greatest hits.

[quote name='Xevious']That only refers to platium hits and greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

actually, it worked when I was at target a couple of hours ago. got x-men legends II, luigi's mansion, and ult. spiderman; luigi's mansion was free.

rang it up at the electronics counter, though. that might have something to do with it, since I asked about the b2g1 sale.

[quote name='monkeypox']actually, it worked when I was at target a couple of hours ago. got x-men legends II, luigi's mansion, and ult. spiderman; luigi's mansion was free.

rang it up at the electronics counter, though. that might have something to do with it, since I asked about the b2g1 sale.[/QUOTE]

So the person that rang you up didn't have to do anything special to get Legends 2 to work with the B2G1 deal?

[quote name='roguejedi5']Don't forget there is also a PC version with extra characters that is also $20 at Target and other stores.[/QUOTE]
I actually found the PC version for $5 a few weeks ago. I think it's hit the clearance racks at most Targets.

The game actually doesn't control badly with the keyboard, but the PS2/USB adapter I've got still comes in handy for this one. :D

Yea!!!
I managed to get a copy of the LE Ultimate Spiderman for $15 using the $5 coupon. Good thing I didn't trust best buy's online store inventory (it stated that the game wasn't in stock at my store). My LE wasn't in perfect condition, there is a slight marking on the cardboard box. I shouldn't be complaining at that price. What is shocking though was that there is a best buy pricing sticker on it that reads $59.99.

[quote name='wbc1228']Yea!!!
I managed to get a copy of the LE Ultimate Spiderman for $15 using the $5 coupon. Good thing I didn't trust best buy's online store inventory (it stated that the game wasn't in stock at my store). My LE wasn't in perfect condition, there is a slight marking on the cardboard box. I shouldn't be complaining at that price. What is shocking though was that there is a best buy pricing sticker on it that reads $59.99.[/quote]

ditto. it seems that all the LE's i saw were f'ed up slightly in some way or another...the plastic case just grips the holographic lamination too tightly and tears it a little. managed to find a near mint one for 15$

Thanks op!

nice deals I'll try to pick this up from Target since they have a buy 2 get one. free thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Bestbuy has the LE version of Ultimate spiderman for 20 bucks too.[/quote]

Too bad the nearest location with LE copies in stock is 30+ miles away, so I bought my copy at Wal-Mart for about the same.

Will be picking up X-Men Legends II later today.

I got up to the Venom chasing Electro part before i went crazy and stopped playing it. I heard XL2 was good on Xbox Live. Problem with getting some of these older Live games is no one is there to play.

[quote name='bingbangboom']I got up to the Venom chasing Electro part before i went crazy and stopped playing it. I heard XL2 was good on Xbox Live. Problem with getting some of these older Live games is no one is there to play.[/QUOTE]

I think that and the part with the Green Goblin were the most frustrating parts of the game for me too. I probably had to retry each of those parts at least 15-20 times before I could memorize/not f up the routes.

[quote name='bluehalls']Anyone have the limited edition?

are the extras anything to write home about?[/QUOTE]

From IGN:

Limited Edition
For a little extra cheese, PS2 owners can snatch a Limited Edition version of USM. Along with a sweet Venom cover, the Limited Edition includes an interview with Stan Lee, the G4 "Making of" special, developer hints and several character bio trailers.

Is all this worth any extra $10? Hell no. The ticks and tips section is incredibly basic, with no secrets revealed and the G4 special can be seen for free on G4 (surprise, surprise). While a Stan Lee interview is nice to see and the character bios are okay (but not great), it's hard to imagine how an extra 40 minutes of life in a game can be worth ten bones.

The Limited Edition doesn't offer nearly enough to merit the extra cost. If you have to see it all, buy the regular version and pay $4 to rent the Limited Edition. I just saved you six bucks!

[quote name='bluehalls']Anyone have the limited edition?

are the extras anything to write home about?[/quote]

As mentioned in an earlier post, I bought the LE copy. The extras aren't worth the $10 premium retailers were asking for when it was released, but with the LE at the same price point as the regular edition now, it's hard to pass up.

This would be a good deal if either game was any good. Ultimate Spiderman pales in comparison to the eariler games, and the chase missions are just flat out terrible. X-Men Legends 2 from what I hear from a friend is a completely buggy piece of garbage burned to a CD which can't even be completed without having the game lock up.

[quote name='spmahn']This would be a good deal if either game was any good. Ultimate Spiderman pales in comparison to the eariler games, and the chase missions are just flat out terrible. X-Men Legends 2 from what I hear from a friend is a completely buggy piece of garbage burned to a CD which can't even be completed without having the game lock up.[/QUOTE]

I played Xmen Legends 2 twice through and it never locked up on me once. Your friend must just have bad luck.

[quote name='mmn']I played Xmen Legends 2 twice through and it never locked up on me once. Your friend must just have bad luck.[/QUOTE]

There are known issues with the Xbox version of Xmen Legends 2 in certain pieces of the game with lots of enemies on screen at one time and if you have your inventories full.

If you get stuck in a section repeatedly, reload your save and try dumping some gear and you'll get through it. Happened to me on several occassions... Then I googled it and found out the issue...

Too bad I already have Xmen Legends 2 on the PSP otherwise I would buy it for PS2...Ultimate Spiderman does look tempting though.

bread's done
Back