Xbox Live 12 Month Starter Kit - $17.48 at Target YMMV

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I know this is listed in the Target clearance thread, but thought this was too good a deal not to have its own thread, especially considering all the hubub about the bestbuy misprice on the kits for $19.99 last month. If mods feel different, feel free to lock. These are on clearance now (at least at 2 different stores in okla city) for $17.48. YMMV. This is the package with PGR2 and Live Arcade discs included along with communicator headset and 12 months of xbox live. Says right on the front of the box "Xbox 360 Compatible".

Found 2 of these yesterday. Also found 2 of the 12 month Xbox 360 starter kits for $27 each and 2 of the Xbox 360 3 month kits for $15 each on clearance at a local Kmart that is turning into a Sears.

Hollllly shit. Ma12kez, which Target(s) are you going to hit up? I'm going to go by the Mira Mesa Target tomorrow after I get out of class.

Good thing Target has those scanning machines so you don't have to bug anyone for a price check or hoping for a lowered price when you get to the checkout stand.

My Target had one of these but for MUCH more, $35 to be exact. I figured that was still $15 off so I went ahead and bought it. Too bad the live registration code was invalid. :bomb: Fortunately, Target refunded my money.

[quote name='daphatty']My Target had one of these but for MUCH more, $35 to be exact. I figured that was still $15 off so I went ahead and bought it. Too bad the live registration code was invalid. :bomb: Fortunately, Target refunded my money.[/quote]
That's a little scary, since I have one on the way from another CAG. :shock: Hopefully, a quick call to XBL support will take care of that issue.

And if the kit really has an expired code, why is it out on the shelf? :whistle2:s

[quote name='daphatty']My Target had one of these but for MUCH more, $35 to be exact. I figured that was still $15 off so I went ahead and bought it. Too bad the live registration code was invalid. :bomb: Fortunately, Target refunded my money.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe you can just call XBL support to get them to activate the code....annoying yes, but I thought this was proven. I don't think the codes ever really expire.

I found one last weekend at the Flower Mound, TX target... unfortunately someone had opened it and taken the Live account card out of it. I noticed this before I bought it, as the "seal" was broken.

I thought about buying it and calling MS to see if they'd hook me up, but it seemed too unlikely to work.

These sold out in Madison, WI when they dropped to $35. I greedily waited for another drop, and got burned.

Sold out in both stores in Pensacola, FL also. One store had 4-5 when they were marked down to $35 and I also thought I could wait it out until another markdown, but checked this weekend and they were all gone.
The Pensacola store had the ones that had Crimson Skies as the free game.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Any one get a Crimson Skies one for around this price?[/QUOTE]

$34.98, like the other poster said. And on the box it says you can't activate it after March 07. This is important because the Xbox support rep I talked to when I had a problem switching from Credit Card to pre-paid said that you can't stack these. My Target had two more at $34.98, which isn't as good as the others in this thread, but much better than $50. I'd extend at that price at least another year if I knew for sure if they would stack and/or didn't expire.

Nothing at the Target in Melbourne, FL. They had an old 3 month kit but I didn't get it price checked.

Ended up just biting the bullet and buy the $70 starter kit at Blockbuster.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I didn't want to risk it and I bought mine for $35. But it came with PGR 2 and a microphone which broke as soon as it was exposed to air.[/quote]

that made me lol

[quote name='menikmati']Hollllly shit. Ma12kez, which Target(s) are you going to hit up? I'm going to go by the Mira Mesa Target tomorrow after I get out of class.

Good thing Target has those scanning machines so you don't have to bug anyone for a price check or hoping for a lowered price when you get to the checkout stand.[/quote]

Tried the one in Mission Valley and Eastlake but no dice for either. I'm going to check the ones near my pad (CV) after I hit the gym though. I'll let you know.

I checked my target but they rang up $49.99 so I didn't buy it.The trip wasn't wasted since my target was having some sort of a clearance and was able to get a iaudiokit for my ipod for $19.99 originally priced $39.99.

If I already have an xbox account, and I buy another year...do I just input the code on the account, and it will add a year onto it. Or do i have to wait till the year is over then do it?

[quote name='doubledown']Yes, I believe you can just call XBL support to get them to activate the code....annoying yes, but I thought this was proven. I don't think the codes ever really expire.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, but my experience doesn't support that. The lady told me that the code was not valid (not expired) and that I would have to return it to the retail store.

[quote name='daphatty']Sorry guys, but my experience doesn't support that. The lady told me that the code was not valid (not expired) and that I would have to return it to the retail store.[/quote] If it's not expired, how could it not be valid? :whistle2:s

That's an odd thing for this rep to be saying on the phone, though I'll find out when I get mine, which should hopefully be tonight or tomorrow. Since my Xbox isn't hooked up to my home LAN at the moment, I'll have to call them to get it added to my XBL account. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='xfacta82']If I already have an xbox account, and I buy another year...do I just input the code on the account, and it will add a year onto it. Or do i have to wait till the year is over then do it?[/quote]

Yes, I think you can just add another year to your current subscription. I'm not sure, but I think 3 years is the most you can stack?

the one i picked up yesterday had no problem with the code when punched into xbox live...extended through 2008

these were 34.98 last week, but dropped to 17.48 on monday...

i am glad at least a few people are getting in on this !!!

[quote name='WilliamG']Have there been any deals on the original XBOX 12-month card by itself? (no bundle)[/QUOTE]

I checked 2 Targets on the way home last night, both had the 12-month card at full price. No more "starter kits" in stock.

[quote name='soonerdoc']the one i picked up yesterday had no problem with the code when punched into xbox live...extended through 2008

these were 34.98 last week, but dropped to 17.48 on monday...

i am glad at least a few people are getting in on this !!![/QUOTE]

Ok, so this proves the rep I talked to was full of crap I guess when she said you can't stack these? I assume you did not have credit card billing and have always used pre-paid because it definitely did not stack an extra year onto my credit card paid account. I guess I need to go get a refund if the price dropped at my Target.

I got to my local target and got the LAST box :D. Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for this for a while now. I couldn't pay 69.99 for the regular.

I just got one the other day so I can FINALLY get on Xbox Live after all these years.

I'm kind of clueless as to hooking it up though. Can I just run a 50' ethernet cable from my DSL to my Xbox? That seemed like the cheapest set-up since the wireless router and everything else would end up being over $150.

Do I need a crossover ethernet cable or some other kind? Most stores charge $25+ for the 50' cable, but some on ebay are $10 shipped, so that would be a great savings if I can get one for less. Thanks for any info!

I'd pay $20 just for the Live code. You can keep the game and headset.

This offer is open to anyone willing to sell me just a 12 month code.

I saw this at the Aventura store about 2 weeks ago for $35. I didn't want to risk it so I picked it up for that price. I still have the Gold membership from the Best Buy add error. I have to add that one as well and I'm good through 2008.

Now I have about 5 headsets that will come in handy since they all break so easily.

[quote name='zewone']I'd pay $20 just for the Live code. You can keep the game and headset.

This offer is open to anyone willing to sell me just a 12 month code.[/quote]

Ditto to that, in fact, I'd be willing to go to $25 for just the code. If anyone has an extra laying around give us the hook up and make some money. I have non-credit card paypal funds.

[quote name='soonerdoc'].... These are on clearance now (at least at 2 different stores in okla city) for $17.48. YMMV. ...[/QUOTE]

Hey SOONERDOC, which Targets in OKC did you find these at? I'd like to pick up atleast one of these.

I saw 4 xbox lives at target in New Britain CT last week, picked one up for 35. Went back and none there as of two days ago but, i did find a last box in Waterford CT today.

So far got 1 for 17 and one for 35, ill be sellling it to my cousin, need to find 1 more for a friend any any others i find will come to CAG.

[quote name='Scorch']Someone.. PLEASE get me one.. I will trade big for it.. (Perhaps Far Cry 360)[/QUOTE]

Scorch are you wanting the whole package or just the code?

bread's done
Back