Server speed has picked up, Great job Cheapy!

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
The link to return to the forum after posting a message seems to be dead. Until right now it simply did not work and would take me back to my message, but now it just froze and didn't do anything.

EDIT: I have to say that my errors were probably because of the extremely sluggish servers lately. Surfing this site has been nigh on impossible recently as every other page has hang ups and delays. Just now I came here because the page I wanted to get to wasn't loading and taking forever.

EDIT: The server seems to have picked up a bit, but it's still slow.

UPDATE: The site seems to be a lot better now. Thanks to Cheapy for speeding things up quickly.

the return link works for me too, but overall the boards have been sluggish as shit all evening. what gives, I wonder?

stupid question: could the sluggishness possibly have anything to do with the recent influx of newbies? could all the increased posting and growing backlog of threads be slowing down the server?

Cheapy should just delete all posts before 2004, and all the locked ones. It would probably help.

[quote name='jimbodan']Slow as hell for me too, been like this for last couple of days[/quote]

Same here, I have 10000/10000 fiber optics so it makes me sad when sites go this slow.

i was gonna bitch about it earlier, but i thought i was the only one....yeah...it has definitely been sucking for the past few days on my end....as i type this, the page is still loading up (18 items remaining)...what gives?

For a while I thought the reason that CAG was loading so slowly was because I was downloading the Windows update while browsing. I was supprised when it kept on running so slowly after I finished the download.

Yaeh I can join the club as well, I don't know if you've seen any of my other posts, but it shows that i've been bitchin about it as well. I thought I was the only one though. I've also been having trouble logging in for some reason; has this been occuring to anyone else?

I'll throw my hat into the 'site is slow' ring.

But I want my hat back when you're done.

Damn, takes over five minutes for one post to go through.

AGREE'D

I haven't had a page completely load for about 2 days now. Most of the avatars never show and the smileys to the left of me are loading at a snails pace as I type...

I was getting worried that something was wrong with my computer, because everything was running so slowly. Then (after way too long) I realized that "everything" consisted entirely of pages on this site. This site is about 80-90% of how I use my home PC.

Pretty slow out here as well, I assumed the server was taking more hits than it could handle. Any other ideas as to why the server is so slow?

Yeah, my guess is the infux of all the new people, but who knows.

Hopefully we will get some info from Cheapy soon... hint, hint.

The server has been considerably slower since Saturday morning.

Page loads are slow, and postings are even slower. Saturday morning I did a post, left my desk, went to the bathroom, went downstairs to check on the kids watching cartoons, came back to my computer, only to find that the post was still "posting" -- and this happened consistantly in the morning and later that evening when I got back online after the kids were put to bed.

I am connected via Broadband Cable, through a hardware firewall, so it is not my computer or my connection.

I ran a Traceroute to the main URL, and it took 15 hops to get to the server. Unfortunately I can't trace to the forum itself. 3 packets were sent in the trace, and it was not the fastest movement I have ever seen.

There is definitely a problem, and chances are good that it is the server.

I'm getting no sigs, avatars or PM/reply/etc buttons to load. Been like this since yesterday and I have cable. It would take over 10 minutes to load all the buttons it seems.

Yup - pages and content loads, but at each addtional hit in the user session there is a lot of drag -- in English that means images are loading slow as ass.

[quote name='donssword']Yup - pages and content loads, but at each addtional hit in the user session there is a lot of drag -- in English that means images are loading slow as ass.[/quote]

Same thing happening here as well. I've checked my computer for viruses, trojans, the works thinking it was from my end, but as everyone else has said, I think its from the CAG server itself. Hopefully Cheapy will answer and gives us some info soon as to the problem.

Cheapy, should we stay off the site for a period of time to lessin the strain on the server as well as you, so that you can fix what ever is up?

The site seems to be up momentarily again after being down for about 24 hours... update on the progress Cheapy??? Server problems, user influx, etc?

[quote name='Anonymous']Cheapy, should we stay off the site for a period of time to lessin the strain on the server as well as you, so that you can fix what ever is up?[/quote]

If anyone cares to know, that was me. Oh and I do belive that the site is still on the Fritz since i have probably logged in already ten times and it posted my last comment as anonymous.

Been having the same trouble, even now. I've tested other sites, and they works just fine. CAG is my home page, like meny of you I'm sure. For at least the past 3 days, I've typed in an alternate URL to at least get something displayed. I've also noticed that the CAG pages 'jump' around a bit. Like something is loading, but nothing appears. Strange.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry its been so shitty lately...I'm working on it and will let you know when I know.[/quote]

Can you maybe tell us what's up or what's the problem?

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='CheapyD']Sorry its been so shitty lately...I'm working on it and will let you know when I know.[/quote]

Can you maybe tell us what's up or what's the problem?[/quote]

yet again that was I.

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='CheapyD']Sorry its been so shitty lately...I'm working on it and will let you know when I know.[/quote]

Not sure *cough*, but perhaps could it have anything to do with the sudden and massive influx of new users?

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='CheapyD']Sorry its been so shitty lately...I'm working on it and will let you know when I know.[/quote]

yet again that was I.[/quote]

Alright, third time's the charm, that was me.

Am I the only one that's getting some serious lag around here the past few days? I'm guessing it's cuz of all the new users from the CC fiasco. Here's an idea, lets make anybody who signs up from today on have to pay... oh say... daphatty, or give me a game, or something to deter more members, that way we can get things back to normal.

There's so much lag, you failed to notice that there's already a thread for this. And that lag is also preventing me from finding said thread.

There's so much lag the other thread is mine, unless there's another one. I don't know anymore... I can't read anything without waiting 5 minutes, and I'm just not a waiter. Anyway if one of our beloved Moderators could erase the double the world would be a better place.

my g/f is gone for 4 days so i could actually be on here for that whole time and now it is lagging so much. that sucks so bad,cause i was looking forward to this now.

bread's done
Back