Bay Area Circuit City's

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
So I figured we'd create a thread about the CC's in the area that have games in stock that will be $9.99 on Memorial Day. I hit the CC in Emeryville and they were out of most of the games; I picked up Matrix: Path of Neo and Mark Ecko's Getting Up there. I know they still have these two games in stock and I also saw copies of Blitz: The League, Infected, and From Russia With Love. I'm sure there are more there as I wasn't really paying attention but it seems like a lot of the clearance games are already out of stock.

I just got back from the CC in Hilltop and there are two copies left of Dragon Quest VII there (there were 3 before I grabbed one, hehe). I also saw Blitz, Path of Neo, Rainbow Six Lockdown, Chrystal Chronicles, Infected, Half-Life 2 (there were 2 copies), Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike, and True Crime: NYC (saw a lot of the LE editions there). This is from memory so I'm sure there were a lot of other games there. It seems like no one from Fatwallet or Slickdeals have hit this CC yet so if you're looking to get games that you can pricematch next week, Hilltop is probably your best bet. Oh yeah, I'm really sure I saw a ton of Doom 3's there also.

I work at the Emeryville CC, we actually have a bunch of games in the back. I can tell you for sure theres at least a couple DQs in the back. I don't know why they're back there, probably getting retagged or something cause I've noticed they've been doing it lately (not sure how it works on that side of the store exactly, I work in TVs). If people want, I could check stock in the computer and MAYBE hide some games. Also if any CAGs drop by while I'm working, I'll show you what clearance games we have left. Not much left but a couple good ones out there. I'm not working again till Thursday, but feel free to PM me if theres anything specific you'd like me to check.

hmm i am going to check the Union city and fremont CC if i have time tomorrow. I will let you all know what I see.

Pleasant Hill/Concord will have everything, they lack horders and the employees are useless (i.e. will sometimes not have a checkout open AT ALL) Every CC deal that has ever come along I have had my picking and choosing at everything first; TRU and Gamecrazy sales also btw. Oh and I only say this b/c I rarely am in the bay anymore.

Also what game is making this sale that good? I can't figure it out.

At this point, if I come away with Dragon Quest VIII only I'll be more than happy, but it sounds like the Emeryville CC is out.

CouRageous, by any chance do you know if you've still got some DQVIII's in the back? I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow.

i havent been to any CC's yet but plan to either go to the ones in San Mateo/SF hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning. not sure whatgames they still have in stock. any been to those? jsut mainly looking to get half life 2, infected and from russia with love

I just got back from the CC in Daly City (the one near Serramonte), and from what I could remember these were the games I saw:

From Russia With Love (only saw GC versions, but there were several)
50 Cent: Bulletproof (saw one copy)
Getting Up (plenty)
Blitz The League
Dragon Quest VIII (at least 3 copies)
Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire (several)
Metroid Prime 2 (plenty)

I wasn't really searching the shelves for the games on the list, so there's a chance the games I didn't list might be there. If I had more $$$ I would've picked up the remaining copies of DQVIII for fellow CAGs since that's gotta be the most sought after game from this sale.

I used to work there, so as far as I know you can buy it now and come back and have them refund the difference, unless that's changed for whatever reason. I may drop by and pick up a copy of DQ VIII, but other than that nothing appeals to me.

I went to the Santa Clara one looking for DQ8, but they didn't have any more copies. They also looked it up on the system, and the Sunnyvale and Almaden stores also have no copies. However, the Eastridge store is supposed to have 3 copies, at least as of early this evening. I was too lazy to go to east San Jose, so I just bought it at Best Buy. I didn't check for other games :\

This is a great thread. I am planning to hit up CC in Emeryville Sunday. Blitz and Half-life for the Xbox are on my radar.

I want Blitz, From Russia With Love, Half-Life, and DQ VIII, but I don't think I can get to those in time since I'm going back home on Friday. I may just go to Best Buy and PM them.

so i hve quesiton...at CC's right are these games just regularp rice right now and u guys are going back on sunday to price match them? they are not tagged at 9.99 yet?

[quote name='rly723']so i hve quesiton...at CC's right are these games just regularp rice right now and u guys are going back on sunday to price match them? they are not tagged at 9.99 yet?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they're regular price right now.

[quote name='buckbonnerz']Question: Can you buy from Best Buy right now...and PM to Circuit City's price on Sunday?[/QUOTE]That's what I'm assuming/hoping.

The only problem you may run into is the wording of the ad, if it's clearance they might not (read: probably not since price match policy generally excludes clearance items) if it's a sale, then you should have no problem. Therefore your best bet is to hope finding the game now at CC and having them adjust the price on Sunday.

I think it was mentioned in the main thread that it wasn't a clearance (or at least didn't say so in the ad). But I am concerned they might call to check the stock, since price matching wouldn't work there if they did that. I've never had a rep call another store when I brought a physical ad in though. (If I get denied, I'll probably try my luck w/Fry's.)

[quote name='Over easy']Anyone checked the Daly City CC yet?[/QUOTE]
Check out the 8th post in this thread, I went to the Daly City CC on Tuesday.

Alright guys. I'm at work right now. If theres anything you need me to check now would be the time. I wouldn't respond that fast but its pretty slow so I should be able to get back on the comp within every 20 mins or so.

No copies of DQ8 in the system at all, none in the back sadly. If someone could get me a copy that would be great. Sorry freshwillis.

Xevious, Half Life is indeed behind the case. I can't take it out and hide it because theres no security box around it. We do have 6 copies though. Blitz the league, we have 1 copy in the store somewhere. I'll try to find it tonight.

had a dentist appointment by the union city cc so i dropped by after. i didn't find any dq8 but did see a lot of metroid prime 2 and from russia with love. i only glanced through it so those were the only games i saw. i might skip out on this sale though because of my unstable job. don't want to spend any more cash.

good luck to you deal hunters out there

I went to the Daly City CC today. No more DQ VIII. In fact, you can see the open spot on the shelf where DQ VIII where it once was. Other than that, most of the games XCutioner93 posted is still there (plus two to three copies of HL2 hidden behind a couple games).

I may pick up Blitz, FRWL, and HL2 tomorrow if I feel like it.

[quote name='Over easy']I went to the Daly City CC today. No more DQ VIII. In fact, you can see the open spot on the shelf where DQ VIII where it once was. Other than that, most of the games XCutioner93 posted is still there (plus two to three copies of HL2 hidden behind a couple games).

I may pick up Blitz, FRWL, and HL2 tomorrow if I feel like it.[/QUOTE]
Ouch, that sucks, from the 3 copies of DQVIII that I saw, 2 of them were on the top shelves and one was on the bottom row, the one that touches the floor. Hopefully more will surface.

No DQ8 at the SF store, try price matching at best buy. The games are in a bin but extra copies can be found on the shelves.

~7 copies of Getting Up
~5 copies of From Russia with Love (xbox)
~5 copies of Dragon Ball z sagas
~5+ of rainbow six 3 or lockdown
~7 copies of metroid prime 2
~a copy of ff chronicles
~5 copies of harry potter goblet of fire

I didn't see any matix, blitz, or gba games (the gba games may be in the back; I saw a CC rep bring the shrek game). I didn't see infected on the shelves either.

I went to CC Emeryville around 11am and it looks like all the xbox games I was looking for were gone (Blitz and Half-life). I did not see any copies of "From Russia with love" either. So I bought some CDs instead (which turned out to be a good thing overall because they were on sale too). I made a mental note never to go into this store if I ever decide to boost up my jazz collection.....

EDIT: I dont know if you know this but Valve is working on a version of Half-life for the Xbox 360. I dont know how different it will be with the current Xbox version though.

Okay, so out of the CC's I've checked out, this is what I remember (it's great having a job that requires you drive to a different location everyday, lol)

Hilltop CC as of 3 nights ago:
A ton of Wild Arm 4's
A couple of Indigo Prophecy's
I'm pretty sure that I saw Hulk: Ultimate Destruction there too but I can't say for sure...
I'm also almost 100% sure that I saw a bunch of Castlevanias

Hayward (Whipple Rd exit) as of yesterday:
Wild Arms 4 (tons)
Hulk (tons)
Castlevania (tons)
Nightmare Before Christmas (tons)
The Warriors (2...I grabbed 1...)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (a few)
Gun (don't remember how many)

San Jose (Stevens Creek Blvd) as of 4 PM today:
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (tons)
Haunting Grounds (3...I grabbed 1)
Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer (few...don't know how many exactly)
Gun (a few)

There may have been more but these are the only ones that I paid attention to. I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of From Russia With Love, Mark Ecko (non-LE), Harry Potter, and Blitz's. I was also specifically looking for Radiata Stories and We Love Katamari and I found none of those at those three CC's. I haven't had a chance to check out Emeryville yet (I fear the traffic there) but I'll check in as soon as I do.

If anyone wants a normal copy of Mark Ecko, I'll give you my sealed copy for $8. I lost the receipt for it and...I don't want it, haha. I'll meet you at a CC or something when the next batch of clearance games are posted on CAG. If anyone is interested in Haunting Ground, I'll either trade for it or you can have it for $8.96 + tax (pickup or meet somewhere that I was planning to go to anyway, lol).

Tiny update:

Hilltop (as of today) has been depleted. Here is what's left:

1 Wild Arms 4
2 Indigo Prophecies
Possibly 2 Castlevania's, though I didn't look carefully and it could have been Lament of Innocence
1 FlatOut
No more Gauntlet, Radiata Stories, Warriors, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone
Bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas

Emeryville (as of yesterday afternoon) has also been depleted:

1 Wild Arms 3 (not 4!!)
0 Wild Arms 4, Gauntlet, Radiata, Warriors, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone, and probably no more Indigo Prophecies [I checked Wild Arms, Radiata, Katamari in the computer myself, so I can guarantee those are no longer in stock]
2 Castlevania's

The only store I have yet to check is the Van Ness store in SF. I'm looking for Radiata Stories, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone, and State of Emergency 2.

Van Ness has SOE2, but not Radiata Stories, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone, castlevania.

There weren't any warriors or WA3 or WA4.

[quote name='buckbonnerz']Tiny update:

Hilltop (as of today) has been depleted. Here is what's left:

1 Wild Arms 4
2 Indigo Prophecies
Possibly 2 Castlevania's, though I didn't look carefully and it could have been Lament of Innocence
1 FlatOut
No more Gauntlet, Radiata Stories, Warriors, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone
Bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas

Emeryville (as of yesterday afternoon) has also been depleted:

1 Wild Arms 3 (not 4!!)
0 Wild Arms 4, Gauntlet, Radiata, Warriors, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone, and probably no more Indigo Prophecies [I checked Wild Arms, Radiata, Katamari in the computer myself, so I can guarantee those are no longer in stock]
2 Castlevania's

The only store I have yet to check is the Van Ness store in SF. I'm looking for Radiata Stories, We Love Katamari, Crisis Zone, and State of Emergency 2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xevious']Any word on Emeryville CC? I would love to get my hands on Hulk, Warriors, Indigo Prophecy....[/QUOTE]

Emeryville has no copies of Warriors. I can confirm that.

I might have seen some Indigo Prophecy, but I can't remember which store that was at, and that was a few days ago.

[quote name='buckbonnerz']Emeryville has no copies of Warriors. I can confirm that.

I might have seen some Indigo Prophecy, but I can't remember which store that was at, and that was a few days ago.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! In fact, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

[quote name='vietgurl']Do any of the stores still have Driver? There doesn't seem to be much interest in this game so...[/QUOTE]
Which driver? The stores in West Covina where I live might have them.

[quote name='klyco']Which driver? The stores in West Covina where I live might have them.[/QUOTE]

The new one...the one that's going for $10, haha...I think it's called Parallel Lines or something.

I was at the Hilltop one again today with a friend and noticed that there is one copy of Gun left inside the case. I also saw an Indigo Prophecy which I hid underneath the Atari Anthology's (well, I didn't hide them, I just put it there when my friend didn't want them, lol). I also saw a couple Castlevanias and Incredibles.

[quote name='vietgurl']The new one...the one that's going for $10, haha...I think it's called Parallel Lines or something.
.[/QUOTE]

They dont have them for 10 bucks though. At least not no more.

Was at the one in Hayward/Union City again today (the one by the Whipple Rd exit). There's still a copy of Indigo Prophecy there along with a few Wild Arms 4's. They also have a lot of Castlevanias and Nightmares if anyone was interested in picking any of those up.

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to check out any of the CC's. Maybe its a sign from God not to play so many damn video games. Who knows.....

If any of you feel like trekking out to Fairfield, they've got a whole bunch of stuff. They had multiple copies of everything but Radiata Stories, Gauntlet, and Crisis Zone.

At this point, I'm still looking for Radiata Stories.

I went out to Emeryville CC and I found out that the sale doesn't work for Xbox games. So the Playstation version of Hulk UD is on sale but not the xbox version.

Interesting enough, there were 3 copies of Half-life 2 over there. A month ago, H-L was going for $10 but apparently the price went up and now its $20. Bummer....

Also noteworthy, I saw 2 copies of Prince of Persia two thrones (Xbox). I think that might be on clearance but I'm not sure. You might have to verify this for yourself.

BTW, I met another CAG, CouRageouS who works there. He was helpful and an all-around cool guy.

went to fremont cc yesterday and snagged monkey ball deluxe (xbox). saw a few prince of persia two thrones (xbox) as well but dont know whether it's cheap or not.

i've been looking for street fighter anniversary collection for xbox and unable to find it cheap. if anyone sees it in a store around the bay area please let me know. thanks in advance

for anyone in the North Bay. forgot what was on that list but I remembered a couple :)

Indigo Prophecy (PS2): 2-3 copies
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2): 1 copy
Wild Arms 4 (PS2): 2-3 copies

their PS2 section looked really bare. almost picked clean.

Okay, if anyone wants any of the following at cost ($8.96 + tax):

Gun
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Matrix: Path of Neo
Haunting Ground
Marc Ecko's Gettin Up Limited Edition
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
Wild Arms 4

...come over to Berkeley. I'm going to return these if no one's interested (got myself in a tight money situation, lol) since I can't afford to keep them. HOWEVER, I don't care about debt if someone has Radiata Stories or Eye Toy Antigrav; I have my priorities :lol:

[quote name='vietgurl']Okay, if anyone wants any of the following at cost ($8.96 + tax):

Gun
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Matrix: Path of Neo
Haunting Ground
Marc Ecko's Gettin Up Limited Edition
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
Wild Arms 4

...come over to Berkeley. I'm going to return these if no one's interested (got myself in a tight money situation, lol) since I can't afford to keep them. HOWEVER, I don't care about debt if someone has Radiata Stories or Eye Toy Antigrav; I have my priorities :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I bought and returned a bunch of the $9 games also.

bread's done
Back