the next big thing?

batman2million

CAGiversary!
I'm guessing its Doom 3 ..which should be out on the 8th..i hope....after that..i really don't see anything specail coming....tell me if i am wrong..

[quote name='batman2million']I'm guessing its Doom 3 ..which should be out on the 8th..i hope....after that..i really don't see anything specail coming....tell me if i am wrong..[/quote]

Ummmm, Half Life 2 maybe?

But Doom 3 will rule. Just not as much as HL2.

I'm really hoping it's Fable, but I have my doubts. The last time a Peter Molyneux game looked this cool with so much hype it ended up sucking major ass (Black and White).

yea...i bet HL2 will be.. the hype for that game isn't as big as it used to be...for me at least... HALO 2..now thats gonna rule

Halo 2, definitely. HL2 looks decent, but I just wasn't too terribly impressed by any of the E3 videos.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 ... with a cartoon show in tow.. WHY GOD, WHY??

seriously, obviously the three listed above, HL2, Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas.

hahah, its going to be GTA:SA because cmon, it made the biggest hit as GTA3, and VC, now SA? :D and you dont hear about halo, or half-life in movies, remember the lame movie malibu's most wanted? yea, "where you learn to do that?", "all i got is a gamestation" :p

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm really hoping it's Fable, but I have my doubts. The last time a Peter Molyneux game looked this cool with so much hype it ended up sucking major ass (Black and White).[/quote]

I heard Black and White was great. It has an 89% average on GameRankings, and its only that low because there was ONE review below 70.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='jimbodan']I'm really hoping it's Fable, but I have my doubts. The last time a Peter Molyneux game looked this cool with so much hype it ended up sucking major ass (Black and White).[/quote]

I heard Black and White was great. It has an 89% average on GameRankings, and its only that low because there was ONE review below 70.[/quote]

It blew ass, it's a glorified tamagotchi(sp?). God I hated that fucking game. Also lots of people reviewed it very high when it first came out, then later on after playing it for awhile more changed their mind. Everyone was so impressed by the AI (which I thought stunk) they missed the point that the actual game sucked. Computer Gaming World immediately comes to mind, they actually apologized for it.

i know what it SHOULD be....

Katamari Damacy.

The best game i've ever played on the PS2.

don't argure with me.
i'm right.
you'll see...
oh yes...
you'll see....

[quote name='BigNick']shaq-fu the return.[/quote]

I believe it's going to be called:

Shaq-Fu: Vendetta
or
Shaq-Fu: Revenge of the Heat

something like that...

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='jimbodan']I'm really hoping it's Fable, but I have my doubts. The last time a Peter Molyneux game looked this cool with so much hype it ended up sucking major ass (Black and White).[/quote]

I heard Black and White was great. It has an 89% average on GameRankings, and its only that low because there was ONE review below 70.[/quote]

It blew ass, it's a glorified tamagotchi(sp?). God I hated that shaq-fuing game. Also lots of people reviewed it very high when it first came out, then later on after playing it for awhile more changed their mind. Everyone was so impressed by the AI (which I thought stunk) they missed the point that the actual game sucked. Computer Gaming World immediately comes to mind, they actually apologized for it.[/quote]

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index26.shtml

gamespy's number one most over rated game of all time.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='BigNick']shaq-fu the return.[/quote]

I believe it's going to be called:

Shaq-Fu: Vendetta
or
Shaq-Fu: Revenge of the Heat

something like that...[/quote]

Shaq-Fu: The Miami Missions

XBox: Halo 2 and Fable
PS2: GTA San Andreas
PC: Doom 3 of Half Life 2
GBA: Next Zelda GBA Game?
Misc: Shaq-Fu 2: Kobe's revenge.

[quote name='mousin']no worse was attack of the killer tomatoes[/quote]

If you consider the budget to suckage ratio 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes' was a far superior work. And the sequel was actually very good and almost as cheap, especially considering that one of its stars is now internationally famous.

The real problem with 'Malibu's Most Wanted' is that the idea is about a decade past its sell by date. The concept had already been run into the ground. It's almost as if they took the Seth Green character from 'Can't Hardly Wait' and gave him his own feature.

[quote name='tolhurst']Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 ... with a cartoon show in tow.. WHY GOD, WHY??

seriously, obviously the three listed above, HL2, Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas.[/quote]

Hey, the first game was a must-have bargain for those who enjoyed Jak & Daxter and wanted more. The description of Ty 2 sounds so much like Jak II I fear they screw it up just as much as Naughty Dog did their own franchise.

[quote name='mousin']hahah, its going to be GTA:SA because cmon, it made the biggest hit as GTA3, and VC, now SA? :D and you dont hear about halo, or half-life in movies, remember the lame movie malibu's most wanted? yea, "where you learn to do that?", "all i got is a gamestation" :p[/quote]

nah, you got it all wrong...it's, " i dont got a ps2, all i got is a GameCast.."

[quote name='"sying"']The next big thing=Me[/quote]

Let me scratch that last statement.

Ricky Willi...
What? He pussied out???
Nevermind...
The Next Big Thing is still me.
Carry on.

[quote name='mousin']no worse was attack of the killer tomatoes[/quote]

Going Overboard is the worst movie of all time. It was Adam Sandler's first movie. You can find it in Walmarts bargain bin. Hell, I'll even send you the $5 bucks for it so you can pick it up, to prove my point.

So many horrible movies out there. American Outlaws rates up there in my list of worst movies I have ever seen. As for the next big thing in gaming I'm going with World of Warcraft.

For the immediate future the next big thing is going to be Madden 2005, as always. Looking ahead is a little different.

I wish I could say Fable but I think most of us are going to be somewhat disappointed with the final result. I think it'll be really good, but not the earthshattering game it's being made out to be. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm going with Halo 2 as the next big thing. It's improving on an already great formula and introducing on-line play.

there is alot of good games coming something I learned a about 2 years ago when i was about to get out of gaming because I thought everything was so bad or repetitive I had a epiphany while playing some unheard of game on the dreamcast. be open minded after about half hour I realized that the game was not that bad. it was like a fat chick she may not be appeasing to the eye but damn it... its good loving.

bread's done
Back