Beatmania Bundle at Target for $39.99 B&M temp price drop til 7/10

Psykodelik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Went to Target today and saw that the Beatmania Bundle went for $39.99. It's even posted on their website. Not a bad price if you haven't picked it up yet.

EDIT: I don't know if this is a price drop. I think it's just on sale.

EDIT 2: Looking at the website version. I think that's just the game itself since it doesn't have "bundle" on it. So it might be B&M only.

EDIT 3: Just edited title with temp price drop thanks to Logical Dolphin. Lasts until 7/10.

I really like the songlist (more than any of the Japanese 5 key mixes I have), lots of variety and I think they picked some good US exclusive songs.

$39.99 is a steal for the game. I guess it's not selling well

Heh, I pre-order the bundle target had for the same price via Amazon. A couple weeks after release, they said that they had a mis print in the info (not price) and won't honour the price.

Someone confirm this..please...$40 would be good considering I almost paid that for the controller alone years and years ago [import bemani craze]

$40 for the controller alone is worth it, considering the import IIDX controller was usually like $90 to import, and this one is an improvement over it.

I have only seen the game once in store when it was released. But I haven't seen it since. Good luck to all if this is true.

[quote name='lVlasterchief']Saw one for 39.99. It's a temporary price drop. It said from 6/20 to 7/2 I think. My brother picked up the last copy.[/quote]

I checked it today, the price cut lasts 'til 7/10.

Awesome, I'm going to run to town and grab one. Hopefully they still have them instock, if not I'll bitch till I get a rain check.

Awesome. Just scored two. Thanks OP! I was so fucking tempted to buy a DS Lite too, that thing was just screaming at me from inside the case.

I just got the last one at the Redmond, WA Target.
$43.51 with tax.
What do GameStop/GameCrazy take for the trade-in on the game?

Someone said its as hard as learning to play a real instrument - sounds ludicrous to me...

It wasn't sold without a controller (in the US) so it would be surprising if it didn't come with the controller

[quote name='Rozz']Someone said its as hard as learning to play a real instrument - sounds ludicrous to me...[/QUOTE]

The US version a lot easier, some of the level 1 beginner songs anyone could clear on their first try

I went to the South Loop Chicago, IL Target and it was a no go. They had a couple in the case but there were no signs or stickers and the price outside the case was still $59.99. Chicago chain stores are pretty horrible like that.

I had just bought the bundle at gamestop for a total of $65 two days ago. As soon as I saw this thread I ran out to my target and snatched the last two bundles they had.Now I just need to return the one I bought at gamestop. Two bundles for $80 is a great deal.Many thanks OP.

[quote name='Bareknuckle']I had just bought the bundle at gamestop for a total of $65 two days ago. As soon as I saw this thread I ran out to my target and snatched the last two bundles they had.Now I just need to return the one I bought at gamestop. Two bundles for $80 is a great deal.Many thanks OP.[/quote]

Why do you need two? Does the game have two player? How is the game BTW? I haven't heard much about it and I might get it at this price.

[quote name='dtarasev']Why do you need two? Does the game have two player? How is the game BTW? I haven't heard much about it and I might get it at this price.[/quote]

You can play 2-player. There's also a 1-player mode where you can play w/2 controllers. For gameplay, it's posted somewhere in the PS2 forums. I really can't say much since I haven't played it a lot. But I like it.

[quote name='Rozz']Someone said its as hard as learning to play a real instrument - sounds ludicrous to me...[/QUOTE]

Play any Level 4 song and up and then say that.

And yes, there is a 1 player mode that uses 2 IIDX controllers (just like in DDR). I'm thinking about getting another one of these bundles so I'll be able to play doubles.

[quote name='dtarasev']Why do you need two? Does the game have two player? How is the game BTW? I haven't heard much about it and I might get it at this price.[/QUOTE]
To play two player mode. I haven't even played the american version I've been playing the import Beatmania IIDX 11 Red with a playstation controller and have been enjoying it even without the beatmania controller.
Fans seem to agree that the american version is garbage when compared to the imports. Now I can finally enjoy playing Red the way it's meant to be played. I believe that you can also play 14 key songs with two beatmania controllers.Here's a great site that I go to for all my beatmania info http://www.bemanistyle.com/ .

I got this for free during one of the trade in X get an extra $10 at Gamestop.. it's a pretty fun music game, but it's hard as hell. I enjoyed what I played of it.

Now if only Target would temp price drop Guitar Hero.

For the guy who asked how much it gets trade-in at GS, the game gets $18, I don't think the controller can be traded in (and if it can, it's going to get probably $4)

[quote name='Roufuss']

Now if only Target would temp price drop Guitar Hero.

[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it for $65 yesterday. Not too sure if it was a temp. price drop. YMMV

I want to get this, but two things scare me. I don't not play any musical instrument in real life and it didn't get quite the review I would think.

[quote name='lVlasterchief']I think I saw it for $65 yesterday. Not too sure if it was a temp. price drop. YMMV[/quote]

The guitar hero is on sale. I saw it too for that price. I think I saw it somewhere on CAG.

Argh. Just bought this on the 10th at EBgames, but I don't have the reciept for it because the guy screwed up on my tradeins and kept the first receipt-- the one where I bought it.

Doubt he'd take a return of it without a reciept, but its not my fault he kept the first one. Bugger.

$40 would make it a lot easier to accept that I suck at it, right now I feel awful that I suck so badly at a $65 game.

Went to my local Target they had two in stock, so I picked one up. It was tagged at $59.99 but rung up at the $39.99 price.

Grabbed the last one from the local Target (Joliet IL).

Also, this price is not valid in store at TRU. I even had the print out from Amazon, saying it was from TRU. The manager checked the SKU of the one in store and the SKU on the online printout, and they were different, so she said she couldn't honor the price. She then said the online was probably game only. Sheesh, I even tried explaining to her that it you CAN'T buy it game only, but oh well, Target had it.

bread's done
Back