CoD2 Discussion

Tha Xecutioner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
7/3:
Now that we have a complete list of 22 maps for this game, we still need some more CAGs playing this game. I got invited to a game with jakescape, kelso, and the two CAGcast partners CheapyD and Wombat last night and it was awesome. Who else has this game and wants to do some matches soon? This game is still one of the best shooters out and it would be awesome to get a match of 8 CAGs going.

FourZeroTwo, who is the Infinity Ward Community Manager, has posted details on the upcoming COD2 Invasion Map Pack. It looks like you’ll get five maps for 800 points. You can read more details here.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/06/26/COD2-Invasion-Map-Pack-.aspx

Call Of Duty 2 Invasion Map Pack!!!Oh do I have a surprise for all of you!

For all you that have been hounding me for details on the new Map Pack for Call Of Duty 2; I have a little gift.

Not only are we planning on dropping these bad boys early... thats right... I said early.

This THURSDAY to be exact, but because I love you all so much. They won't be the expected 900 MS points.

Oh no my friends.... oh no....

As my special gift to you, they will only be 800 MS Points!

Thats right, this Thursday, Five new maps, only 800 MS Points!

The Invasion Pack includes:
Antoville, France (Crossroads);
St. Louet, France (Newvillers);
Amaye sur Seulles, France (Normandy);
Alam Halfa, Egypt (Decoytown);
Rostov, Russia (Harbor)

I plan on sneaking out an exclusive screenshot of one of the new maps early for you to take a gander at.

Get ready for some new battlefields to wreck havoc on!

http://fourzerotwo.spaces.msn.com/blog/cns!6050B7D94859203C!1117.entry

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I think it's awesome that they release this earlier and cheaper than originally stated. See, the MarketPlace is not bad at all :)[/quote]

Dont forget that they delivered it on time as stated.

BTW: Might want to change the title to available now

I love how in screenshots, there are usually like 6 players within 20 feet of each other, but in reality, half of them would have gotten picked of by a sniper before they even got close.

But seriously though, the maps do look nice, and its great that it got released as stated.

I love the game, but can't stand to play it online since all everyone uses is sniper rifles. How are you guys able to have fun online with this game?

[quote name='2Fast']I love the game, but can't stand to play it online since all everyone uses is sniper rifles. How are you guys able to have fun online with this game?[/quote]
I didn't mind playing against snipers but then again I only played it less then 10 times online since I borrowed the game from my brothers friend. We should get a group of cags to play. Get some team games going.

I never snipe in COD2 and never seem to play with many people that do so it just depends on what server you end up in. Played four of the five maps. Wasn't a big fan of the Egypt map but liked the others.

[quote name='Spinoff360']I never snipe in COD2 and never seem to play with many people that do so it just depends on what server you end up in. Played four of the five maps. Wasn't a big fan of the Egypt map but liked the others.[/quote]

That Egypt map is great, play a pistols only match and you'll see what I'm talking about. I think its the smallest map on the game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']7/3:
Now that we have a complete list of 22 maps for this game, we still need some more CAGs playing this game. I got invited to a game with jakescape, kelso, and the two CAGcast partners CheapyD and Wombat last night and it was awesome. Who else has this game and wants to do some matches soon? This game is still one of the best shooters out and it would be awesome to get a match of 8 CAGs going.[/quote]
Hey X, those were some fun games last night. You and sniperhawk kicked ass while cheapy, wombat, and i were left in the dust. We should play again some time.

Hell yeah I'm in. I should be getting Cod 2 in the mail any day now. Are we going to be playing with the new maps? If so is the invasion map pack the only one out or is there an older map pack too?

I'll prolly be picking this up within a week. Add Vokebot to your live friends list, and let's get some games going.

[quote name='jakescape53']Hey X, those were some fun games last night. You and sniperhawk kicked ass while cheapy, wombat, and i were left in the dust. We should play again some time.[/quote]
Hah, yeah I smoked him though on that last game, I guess the other guy on our team got killed like 20 times. I was getting lucky though on that Carentan map, they just kept spawning in front of me and I had that shotty :)

[quote name='DT778']Hell yeah I'm in. I should be getting Cod 2 in the mail any day now. Are we going to be playing with the new maps? If so is the invasion map pack the only one out or is there an older map pack too?[/quote]
There's 3 map packs out: Bonus, Skirmish, and Invasion. The bonus one is free and the Skirmish and Invasion packs are 800 points each (7 maps for 1600 points). The 2 map packs are really awesome and add a lot to the game, but there is still plenty to do without them.

I rented this game and was about to play with Cheapy and Wombat but I had trouble downloading the free maps the previous day. They're downloaded now, so I'd like to play those if anyone else will be on later tonight.

This is BY FAR my favorite 360 game. 99% of the time when I'm on my 360 I'm playing this. Anyone who still plays, feel free to send me a friend request, my GT is CamelFerretman.

I'm starting to add people who posted here, so if you get a friend request, it's just me. If anyone hasn't received a request from me and would like one, please let me know.

I have COD2 and would be willing to play in games as fodder :) I'm not very good but a friendly game with CAG's would be pretty cool. I have the two free maps, and thinking about getting the invasion pack how many others have them? 800 for 5 maps is pretty good, unless a lot of you bought the skirmish pack for 400 pts.

I stopped playing after Veteran mode kept handing my ass to me. Since the new maps came out recently I'm getting back into MP, so count me in!

Lets get some matches going.

I'll be playing this tonight if anyone wants to play. Feel free to send me an invite

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']It seems that we can get full rooms as long as no one plays with paid-for maps. Let's get a full room of CAGs goin tonight![/quote]

I'm up. Do you know what time it probably starts cause each time I show up the room is always full.

bread's done
Back