Metroid Jones Soda

guinaevere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
So, anyone else catch the Bubble Gum 4-pack of Jones Soda with Samus/Metroid as the case pictures? I couldn't find any Nintendo or Metroid contest, it just seems as though Jones decided to put our girl on their 4pack cases.

I still got a Star Fox Adventure Kit that comes with a door hanger, a roll of toilet paper with game hints printed on it, and a green apple Jones Soda.

I think maybe Jones Soda and Nintendo could have some sort of promotional deal?

[quote name='smaaug']Anyone know where in the Northeast I could find this?[/quote]
I've seen Jones soda at Target and Stop N' Shop.

do you have a picture of it?

Jones soda puts User submitted images on all of their bottled products. So, it appears that some gamer submitted that particular image and Jones chose it ^_^. I love Jones, unfortunately they seem to be dwidling a wee bit.

Probably the best Jones i tasted was when i was on vacation down in N. Carolina and having a rather annoying time. I missed home a wee bit, and when i was thirsty in a Barnes and Noble, i decided to get some delicious drink. There, on a Jones bottle, was a picture of the 'spoon and cherry' statue from my hometown of minneapolis.

(http://www.city-data.com/picfilesv/picv8683.php)

it was like the Jones Soda knew exactly what i was thinking. they wanted to quench more than just my thirst that day.

i used to collect Jones Soda bottle caps, but i ended up throwing them away. i should've been collecting pictures of wrapper.

Jones soda kicks ass, but theres too much sugar to enjoy it very often. Same goes for any soda, but Jones is pretty bad.

Maybe they could do a promotion with nintendo and make a wierd flavor like they did with their turkey and gravy soda.

[quote name='cgpwns']I think maybe Jones Soda and Nintendo could have some sort of promotional deal?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that they do, but the bizarre thing is (from a sales/promotion/marketing point of view) that there is NO mention of nintendo anywhere on the case other than the pictures.

dyreschlock, here's your pictures:
DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

CORRECTION: This is actually not a GameCube topic, but DS, as it's MP Hunters DS. Please move the thread to the appropriate child forum.

[quote name='tony72']Wii flavored soda?[/QUOTE]

Nice. They oughta do that... make the flavor something like Coconut Cream ;)

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']OP, that looks absolutely stellar! What retailer did you purchase it from? (time for a shopping trip...)[/quote]
I picked it up from a huge Kroger that opened earlier this year not terribly far from me.

***EDIT: Is this just an old promotional item that has been on your store shelves for a long time? http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/contest-under-cap_FAQs.html***
Odd. No, the bottles and caps are new with no promotions advertised. And I they haven't been sitting on the shelves at the store... there were only two packs past weekend, they've since been restocked. So possibly the werehouse has them sitting around? Or they're just new and a sort of Jones inigma.

[quote name='guinaevere']I picked it up from a huge Kroger that opened earlier this year not terribly far from me.

Odd. No, the bottles and caps are new with no promotions advertised. And I they haven't been sitting on the shelves at the store... there were only two packs past weekend, they've since been restocked. So possibly the werehouse has them sitting around? Or they're just new and a sort of Jones inigma.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll check my local Krogers tomorrow. Jones and Nintendo must have had fairly good success with the last promotion, and they're doing it again. I'll see if anything besides bubble gum has the Big N advertising.

[quote name='guinaevere']
dyreschlock, here's your pictures:
DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg
[/quote]
o_O... that's weird. :shrugs: i dunno.. both Jones and Nintendo are based out of the Seattle/Redmond area. maybe there was some under-the-table type of deal with people from both companies.

[quote name='cgpwns']I still got a Star Fox Adventure Kit that comes with a door hanger, a roll of toilet paper with game hints printed on it, and a green apple Jones Soda.

I think maybe Jones Soda and Nintendo could have some sort of promotional deal?[/QUOTE]
I have one of those lying around somewhere, too. Think its still good to drink?

[quote name='6669']I have one of those lying around somewhere, too. Think its still good to drink?[/QUOTE]
Possibly the soda. I'd not chance the toilet tissue or the door hanger though unless you're really daring. Or thirsty.
wooper.gif

bread's done
Back