Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories-- Numero Quatro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much of a story right now, but let me say this to you guys:

It's really rude to dick around for 20 minutes after a store is closed because you need a video game NOW.

The two idiot kids couldn't decide on a damn game for 20 minutes, then they finally get one and leave.

Just yesterday I heard they returned the fucking games.

*RAGE*

Lol I was so getting ready to make this thread.

Anyway I'll repost this link since most people will neglect to go back to the older threads.

http://www.actsofgord.com/

Most people on here (including me) reccomend this site for bad customer stories.

I wonder if Gord is related to this man....

Randal%201.jpg

[quote name='Kuros']I don't have much of a story right now, but let me say this to you guys:

It's really rude to dick around for 20 minutes after a store is closed because you need a video game NOW.

The two idiot kids couldn't decide on a damn game for 20 minutes, then they finally get one and leave.

Just yesterday I heard they returned the fucking games.

*RAGE*[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It is also rude/annoying when people come into a store 5 minutes before a store closes. Sorry to sound like a dick. But on a normal day if you can't get into a store during the 11 hours most are open, you might need to fix your schedule.

There are just too many things retail stores have to do before we all can leave for the day. It makes it 100x harder when customers start shopping 5 or so minutes before the store closes. I guess it's the whole idea of , "I was in before they closed, so they can't kick me out".

[quote name='asianxcore']Agreed. It is also rude/annoying when people come into a store 5 minutes before a store closes. Sorry to sound like a dick. But on a normal day if you can't get into a store during the 11 hours most are open, you might need to fix your schedule.

There are just too many things retail stores have to do before we all can leave for the day. It makes it 100x harder when customers start shopping 5 or so minutes before the store closes. I guess it's the whole idea of , "I was in before they closed, so they can't kick me out".[/QUOTE]
Heh... that's why I apologized bringing 15 trades in to EB a little before 8:30 (9pm closing) a couple days ago, but he made it sound like they would be there for a while finishing up with all the trades from the day... and previous days that the other guys hadn't bothered with... so mine were a drop in the bucket.

But I also let him talk me into a second preorder deposit... since I had been his customer for like an hour of the day in total, I told him I'd help his numbers.

[quote name='asianxcore']Agreed. It is also rude/annoying when people come into a store 5 minutes before a store closes. Sorry to sound like a dick. But on a normal day if you can't get into a store during the 11 hours most are open, you might need to fix your schedule.

There are just too many things retail stores have to do before we all can leave for the day. It makes it 100x harder when customers start shopping 5 or so minutes before the store closes. I guess it's the whole idea of , "I was in before they closed, so they can't kick me out".[/QUOTE]

Oh MAN, I hate the last-minute shoppers. My store has a 15-minute rush- basically, I will sit and do doing for the last hour of the (after finishing the cleaning I can do at the till), but right when we hit that 15 to closing mark, all of a sudden a dozen people need to shop. On good nights, they leave without touching much. On bad nights, not oly do they 20 minutes after closing, but effectively undo all my cleaning/closing routine stuff. :bomb:

I actually once had a lady huff at be becuase I told her we were closed. The exact line was "*huff* at 8:58?! *storm off*" I really wonder what she though she'd accomplish in 2 minutes. (And it's not my fault her watch was off.)

(Yesterday we closed at an eariler time for the holiday... my manager actually had me lock the door 5 minutes early becuase she didn't want to deal with last-minute shoppers. :D )

when we clean up the store we have to sweep it , i start sweeping 30 mins before we close, we have dust in the middle of the aisle and you can get around it without any difficulty.

It freaking amazes me when ladies wearing flipflops just walk right thru it, if i'm near them i yell out something funny or nasty about the floor and they look and get really mad it's pretty funny. highlight of my day yesterday when a lady complained that we swept too early, i told her she came in too late ( 10 mins before closing) and expects to find everything on her huge list.

i work at tjmaxx b.t.w

How bout people who come in like an hour before a store opens, when most of the employees arent even there? Like you cant read a sign? You can wait just like everyone else to get your fix.

On an OT note, I saw one of the employees from my EB on the train today :)

[quote name='botticus']Heh... that's why I apologized bringing 15 trades in to EB a little before 8:30 (9pm closing) a couple days ago, but he made it sound like they would be there for a while finishing up with all the trades from the day... and previous days that the other guys hadn't bothered with... so mine were a drop in the bucket.

But I also let him talk me into a second preorder deposit... since I had been his customer for like an hour of the day in total, I told him I'd help his numbers.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, 30 minutes before close is cool.

We used to have a dude who would bring in 10+ dvds 5 minutes before closing all the damn time. Eventually, our manager said that we wouldn't do the trade in if he kept doing that. After a few times of him being denied, he learned.

Edit: I also remember another time when these older women were looking for dvds after closing. Now these people I didn't mind because they were very nice but as I was guarding the door because it was past 9pm, some guy tried to come in. I told him that we were closed and they were the last customers of the night. He goes "But you still have the doors open why can't I come in?"

"Because it's past 9, no more customers are allowed in after 9."
"But I just need a PS2!"
"Sorry sir."
"I really need a PS2! Let me in!"
"No."
"Let me speak to your manager!" (Yea, he pulled out that line on me)

Here's the twist though.

One of the ladies piped up....

"I'm the manager! Whatta want?"
"I want a damn PS2!"
"Can't you see that my boys here are trying to clean up and get home? Get your PS2 tommorrow!"
"FINE! I'LL GO TO TOYS R US!" (irony here, since they were also closed)

My manager and myself both look at her and she goes
"I know how it is, I used to work retail a long time ago. I thank you guys for your patience while we got our movies. Thank you."
Manager and myself: "Oh no, thank you."

We were still a bit out of the loop for a few minutes, then we had a good laugh.

This isn't really a story so much as it is an observation. I've worked and managed a movie theater for the past 4 years now, and the one thing people ALWAYS dude is make comments about the prices. Some people are just stupid and sarcastic, while others are downright rude. People fail to realize that NO money is made at the Box Office, every dime of that 9 dollar ticket goes for film rental fees and to the film companies themselves. People complain that 9 dollars is too much for a ticket to a movie. Guess what? Most movies these days run for 2+ Hours. Bon Jovi was here last month and wanted 80 dollars for General Admission, and you're lucky if they go out there and put on a 90 minute show. Yeah, the concession prices are high too, but no one forces you to buy it. Ever been to Yankee Stadium? How much do you think the Hot Dogs cost there? 11 dollars for a Large Popcorn and Soda with refills at the movies seems like a bargain compared to that 5 dollar hot dog the size of your ring finger and 7 dollar cup of beer that's all foam.

new story. I get the best customers, so I always have stories to tell. this happened today.

KID: *hands me Godfather for PS2*
ME: "Do you have any ID on you, or a parent who can ok this?"
KID: Why do I need ID?
ME: "Sorry, its store policy. It's because it's a mature title"

*Kid goes off to get his mom*

ME: "Is it ok if he buys this? It's rated Mature for these things"
MOM: "Yea, thats fine. He's 17"
ME: "Yea, sorry about all this. It's story policy for us to ask"
MOM: "It's ok you are just doing your job"
KID: "This is stupid"
ME: "No, what's stupid is losing your job selling M games to minors"
KID: "Do I look 10 years old?"
ME: "No, you don't"
ME: *points to myself* "Do I look 22?"
KID: "No"
ME: "Well, good point you brought up then. I'm 22"
MOM: "He's just doing his job!!"
MOM: "Sorry about that, he's a problem".

I don't get kids nowadays. 17 year old kids thinking they are tough and gangsta because they wear big ass pants and shirts made for elephants. Oh...shit....he might be a thug cause he's got them big ass clothes AND playing Godfather. Look out world. Trouble is coming.

In between all that the kid was talking shit to my face and would NOT let the whole ID thing go. He seriously wasn't going to shut up. Ah the days I wish I wasn't in uniform. :)

I can't begin to tell stories of all the stupid or asshole customers that come my way. And, to top it off, I work with a bunch of assholes. Well, not all. More like 99%.

That being said, I applied for a security job and will just walk off my other job if I get it. Oh, I will take two weeks paid vacation since I have the vacation days saved up but I'm not giving a notice or anything. fuck retail and fuck those stupid fucks that shop and/or work there.

^Not bitter at all. :D

A favorite moment of mine in a store was leaving about three minutes before close and waiting for a friend to meet me across the mall so we could go home. While sitting on a bench outside of some clothing store waiting, I heard employees politely tell the customers remaining that the store was closing in 1 minute...then that the store had closed and they should come up front...then that the store closed five minutes ago. They only moved to the register when they were told flat-out that the last register was being cleaned out and, once that starts, they aren't getting anything.

I think my favorite moment as of late would be a woman coming into our store to do a return. Everything was going as normal until the standard "so, do you have..." questions started:

[Us:] "Do you have a receipt?"
[Her:] "Oh, it was a gift."
[Us:] "Maybe a gift receipt or something along those lines?"
[Her:] "No, I didn't get anything like that with this."
[Us:] "OK, did the gift-giver get it at this store?"
[Her:] "I'm not sure but she had to have."

{We open up the item, notice it's a Lenox product but not one we have ever carried.}

[Us:] "Well, the problem here is that we can't do the return since you don't have any receipts and this isn't one of our items."
[Her:] "But it has to be!"
[Us:] "I'm sorry but we have never carried this item before."
[Her:] "How can you be so sure?!"
[Us:] "Because our stock of Lenox products is highly limited to what you see on those shelves over there. We haven't carried any other ones than those."
[Her:] "What?! But it had to have come from here!!"
[Us:] "Sorry, but all that notwithstanding, we can't accept anything without a receipt. This item doesn't even have any SKUs on it anywhere."
[Her:] "Well, can't you scan it to see if it's in the system?!"

[Sidebar: Um, hello, no SKUs or any identifying numbers = we can't check our system.]

[Us:] "Without any SKUs or identifying marks we can't even check, even if we did ever have this item in stock. Are you sure it was from this store?"
[Her:] "It HAD to be!! It was wrapped in Hallmark paper!!!"

[Sidebar: ...what?]

[Us:] "The gift was wrapped in Hallmark wrapping paper?"
[Her:] "Yes, so it HAD to come from here!!"

[Sidebar: At this point I start thinking 'well, I could gift wrap a cinder block with Hallmark paper but it doesn't mean I'm getting 80 cents back from Hallmark.']

[Us:] "Miss, that isn't a determining factor as to whether an item comes from Hallmark since Hallmark locations, supermarkets, large national chains, small stationary stores and more carry Hallmark wrapping paper nowadays. In addition, we can't accept the return since you have no receipts and since the item in question has never been carried in this store."
[Her:] {FUMING}
[Us:] "Finally, all Hallmark products can be returned to any Hallmark location since we all have the same stock. Non-Hallmark products, on the other hand, differ in every store. For Non-Hallmark products you have to return it to the store in which it was purchased."
[Her:] "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!"
[Us:] "If I may suggest, why not ask the gift-giver politely where she purchased this vase?"
[Her:] "God, that would be incredibly rude!!!"

[Sidebar: As if returning a gift without letting the other person know and lying about it thereafter isn't rude?]

[Us:] "I'm sorry, there's nothing more that can be done."
[Her:] {Starts Swearing Up and Down While Storming Out of the Store}

...and that's how you end up looking like a complete and utter fool in front of a good portion of a mall simply because you cannot believe a return policy.

[quote name='asianxcore']new story. I get the best customers, so I always have stories to tell. this happened today.

KID: *hands me Godfather for PS2*
ME: "Do you have any ID on you, or a parent who can ok this?"
KID: Why do I need ID?
ME: "Sorry, its store policy. It's because it's a mature title"

*Kid goes off to get his mom*

ME: "Is it ok if he buys this? It's rated Mature for these things"
MOM: "Yea, thats fine. He's 17"
ME: "Yea, sorry about all this. It's story policy for us to ask"
MOM: "It's ok you are just doing your job"
KID: "This is stupid"
ME: "No, what's stupid is losing your job selling M games to minors"
KID: "Do I look 10 years old?"
ME: "No, you don't"
ME: *points to myself* "Do I look 22?"
KID: "No"
ME: "Well, good point you brought up then. I'm 22"
MOM: "He's just doing his job!!"
MOM: "Sorry about that, he's a problem".

I don't get kids nowadays. 17 year old kids thinking they are tough and gangsta because they wear big ass pants and shirts made for elephants. Oh...shit....he might be a thug cause he's got them big ass clothes AND playing Godfather. Look out world. Trouble is coming.

In between all that the kid was talking shit to my face and would NOT let the whole ID thing go. He seriously wasn't going to shut up. Ah the days I wish I wasn't in uniform. :)[/QUOTE]

Since you do have the right to refuse service, that would have been a good time to use that right. :)

Around here it's the other way around:

Customers of all game stores--post your stupid Employee stories.

So I was finishing up my game shopping went up to the counter to pay for my two games. These two big ass fat dudes who looked like brothers not only took forever finding my games(literally 10 mins) but when they were ringing them up one fat dude knocked over a big ass cup of pepsi that they had sitting right in the middle of them. Of course it just happened to spill all over my two games, his cell phone and the pc keyboard. He picked it up with lightning speed of a slug....

Fat ass 1: Don't worry about that the games will play fine

Me: I doubt that

Fat ass 2: Yeah they will man we'll wipe them up and there good to go *he did the taco bell hand thing*

Me: I want another copy or my money back.

Fat ass 1: Man were telling you it only got a little damp no big thing.

Fat ass 2: Yeah don't be so game anal.

Me: Did you not hear me the first time? I either want another copy of both games or my fucking money back

Fat ass 2: *Sigh*

Fat ass 1: Fine man we'll get another copy but I'm telling you it's just a little damp.

Me: A little damp? Lift the game out of the case and look at it.

Fat ass 1: *Lifts up game out of case*(pepsi sitting on the bottom of it soaked)

Fat ass 1: Oh man.... dude you were right shit I didn't know it was that bad.

Fat ass 2: Still doesn't seem that bad to have to get another copy

Me: You sir are a moron.

Fat ass 1: There you go man fresh new copies and because of your wait were knocking 10% off.

Me: Thanks.

Fat ass 2: Why did you do that?

Fat ass 1: Dude stfu you want him to get our manager?

Fat ass 2: ..... good point

Fat ass 1: Dude you owe me a new cell

Fat ass 2: No I don't!

Fat ass 1: Yes you do you runied my damn cell!

Fat ass 2: my bad, my bad

They were still fighting when I left, talk about a long day...:roll:

This is not a stupid customer story exactly but it did make me laugh. I had an old lady (over 60 at least) come in to Babbage's back in the day looking for a guide to Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I helped her find it and asked who it was for. She replied, "it's for me! I can't get past the damn (whatever)." Lol I always thought that was amusing. Reminds me of Old Granny Hardcore.

Oh oh, I got another one. Again, back at Babbage's, this time in the heydey of Pokemon trading cards. I had an old man come in buying card packs for his grandson. He said something like, "Now, if he opens this pack and he gets duplicate cards, I can return those, right?" It was a common complaint among kids that they got dupes, but that's the price you pay when you "gotta catch em all!!" hehe. I actually thought he was joking, and kinda laughed and went "no..." -- to which he apparently took offense. We went back and forth a bit after that... I was trying to be polite and hoping my manager would notice... he basically accused me of defrauding children of their money and when I tried to explain that I had no part in creating the Pokemon Card franchise, he said "Damn, you've got an attitude!". I briefly searched the counter for a blunt object to hit him with, but he just paid for his cards and left. I hate to say I didn't do anything heroic, but man, was that guy an idiot.

[quote name='catapult37']Oh oh, I got another one. Again, back at Babbage's, this time in the heydey of Pokemon trading cards. I had an old man come in buying card packs for his grandson. He said something like, "Now, if he opens this pack and he gets duplicate cards, I can return those, right?" It was a common complaint among kids that they got dupes, but that's the price you pay when you "gotta catch em all!!" hehe. I actually thought he was joking, and kinda laughed and went "no..." -- to which he apparently took offense. We went back and forth a bit after that... I was trying to be polite and hoping my manager would notice... he basically accused me of defrauding children of their money and when I tried to explain that I had no part in creating the Pokemon Card franchise, he said "Damn, you've got an attitude!". I briefly searched the counter for a blunt object to hit him with, but he just paid for his cards and left. I hate to say I didn't do anything heroic, but man, was that guy an idiot.[/quote]

Lol, I had so many pokemon cards, and yet I'm drawing blanks to when I went and bought them....

Where are those cards.............could've sold them............nice amount..........

[quote name='King_Sprout']Lol, I had so many pokemon cards, and yet I'm drawing blanks to when I went and bought them....

Where are those cards.............could've sold them............nice amount..........[/QUOTE]

My Pokemon card were distributed amongst cousins and the kids I used to babysit (who all loved having 1st edition Energy cards from the first release.)

My Yugioh cards are in a binder under my bed. :D

[quote name='DuelLadyS']My Pokemon card were distributed amongst cousins and the kids I used to babysit (who all loved having 1st edition Energy cards from the first release.)

My Yugioh cards are in a binder under my bed. :D[/quote] No yugioh for me but my pokemon cards are in my closet..........i wish i could get people to play them with me.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']My Pokemon card were distributed amongst cousins and the kids I used to babysit (who all loved having 1st edition Energy cards from the first release.)

My Yugioh cards are in a binder under my bed. :D[/quote]

I know where my yugiohs are, but who buys them nowadays for a good price?

Must sell them.....

out here in california we have a lot of mexican families come in to buy games. a lot of the time these kids buy M rated games, and i tell them they have to go get their parents. and the parents dont speak english, so the kid translates to them that the game is rated M for whatever reason... now i dont know the most spanish, but i know enough to know when they arent telling their parents what i just said. then i have to get real raunchy with the kid and tell them to really tell their parents, and then all of a sudden the parents go "oh, no no no". and i thwart another kids dreams.

[quote name='King_Sprout']Lol, I had so many pokemon cards, and yet I'm drawing blanks to when I went and bought them....

Where are those cards.............could've sold them............nice amount..........[/QUOTE]

oh heres a card story. on the 4th of july i had a big black guy come into the store and traded a few games in. i asked him if he was going to pick something up, and heres what totally caught me off guard he asked for naruto cards. and that just totally threw me off because here is this 6' 4" black guy whos probably older than me (im 24) and he wanted naruto cards. and they werent for his kid or anything, he went through and picked out the starter deck and boosters he wanted... wtf?

[quote name='catapult37']Oh oh, I got another one. Again, back at Babbage's, this time in the heydey of Pokemon trading cards. I had an old man come in buying card packs for his grandson. He said something like, "Now, if he opens this pack and he gets duplicate cards, I can return those, right?" It was a common complaint among kids that they got dupes, but that's the price you pay when you "gotta catch em all!!" hehe. I actually thought he was joking, and kinda laughed and went "no..." -- to which he apparently took offense. We went back and forth a bit after that... I was trying to be polite and hoping my manager would notice... he basically accused me of defrauding children of their money and when I tried to explain that I had no part in creating the Pokemon Card franchise, he said "Damn, you've got an attitude!". I briefly searched the counter for a blunt object to hit him with, but he just paid for his cards and left. I hate to say I didn't do anything heroic, but man, was that guy an idiot.[/QUOTE]
Just imagine if he got a Charizard in the pack!

[quote name='iheartmetal']oh heres a card story. on the 4th of july i had a big black guy come into the store and traded a few games in. i asked him if he was going to pick something up, and heres what totally caught me off guard he asked for naruto cards. and that just totally threw me off because here is this 6' 4" black guy whos probably older than me (im 24) and he wanted naruto cards. and they werent for his kid or anything, he went through and picked out the starter deck and boosters he wanted... wtf?[/quote]

I used to go to a store for comic books and cards and stuff like that (I actually got a few full stes of Captain America's comic books, I forgot the name of the ones I have a full set of, but I could sell them on ebay one day.....

Anyway, at the store there would be tourneys, and people who would just hang out, and there were a few 30 year old guys there. One even helpedm em ake a yugioh deck that pwned my friend's (well I hated him, and I don't know how he felt about me, but we used to be friends) deck. I think he was in disbelief when I kicked his ass the first 5 times in a row.

I'm glad none of yall are salespeople. "oh kid your too young for that don't buy that"

When i was buying my car. This retarded salesperson said to me you don't need a manual you need a auto it's the wave of the future.

I had to keep from laughing and i just walked out.

he actually told me not to buy the car i came to look at :twoguns::twoguns::twoguns:

[quote name='-Blood_Rayne-']Around here it's the other way around:

Customers of all game stores--post your stupid Employee stories.

So I was finishing up my game shopping went up to the counter to pay for my two games. These two big ass fat dudes who looked like brothers not only took forever finding my games(literally 10 mins) but when they were ringing them up one fat dude knocked over a big ass cup of pepsi that they had sitting right in the middle of them. Of course it just happened to spill all over my two games, his cell phone and the pc keyboard. He picked it up with lightning speed of a slug....

Fat ass 1: Don't worry about that the games will play fine

Me: I doubt that

Fat ass 2: Yeah they will man we'll wipe them up and there good to go *he did the taco bell hand thing*

Me: I want another copy or my money back.

Fat ass 1: Man were telling you it only got a little damp no big thing.

Fat ass 2: Yeah don't be so game anal.

Me: Did you not hear me the first time? I either want another copy of both games or my fucking money back

Fat ass 2: *Sigh*

Fat ass 1: Fine man we'll get another copy but I'm telling you it's just a little damp.

Me: A little damp? Lift the game out of the case and look at it.

Fat ass 1: *Lifts up game out of case*(pepsi sitting on the bottom of it soaked)

Fat ass 1: Oh man.... dude you were right shit I didn't know it was that bad.

Fat ass 2: Still doesn't seem that bad to have to get another copy

Me: You sir are a moron.

Fat ass 1: There you go man fresh new copies and because of your wait were knocking 10% off.

Me: Thanks.

Fat ass 2: Why did you do that?

Fat ass 1: Dude stfu you want him to get our manager?

Fat ass 2: ..... good point

Fat ass 1: Dude you owe me a new cell

Fat ass 2: No I don't!

Fat ass 1: Yes you do you runied my damn cell!

Fat ass 2: my bad, my bad

They were still fighting when I left, talk about a long day...:roll:[/QUOTE]Please tell me this is a joke post. It just sounds so made up it's ridiculous, and honestly, who says "You sir are an idiot" besides Krusty the Clown?

Favorite Responses From Customers When We Close the Store:

[Me:] "Sorry, but we're closed."
[Man:] "But there are people in there and the gate isn't down!"
[Me:] "They were in here before close and they are finishing their purchases."
[Man:] "Man, I should call the mall manager!!"
[Me:] "Here's her number, sir. She'll be available at 9 AM. {Hand over piece of paper}"
[Man:] "Er...never mind..."

[Me:] "I'm sorry but we closed 10 minutes ago."
[Man:] "Come on, open the gates. I just need one thing."
[Me:] "I apologize but the mall closed 10 minutes ago as well and we're leaving."
[Man:] "This isn't fair! I was here for three hours, just let me in!!"
[Me:] "Sir, we were here for three hours as well. Why didn't you drop by?"
[Man:] "..."
[Me:] "We'll be open at 10 AM tomorrow, if you want. Please come back then."
[Man:] "..."

My favorites, otherwise, have to be the people who threaten to never shop in our store again for minor reasons. 4 out of 5 times they will be back in the store within a week making purchases. What's even better is that they mostly complain when they saw the same items elsewhere for $1 less. Normally, if that's 50% off the price or something, I can understand, but off a $100 item? What tops that is when people want me to price match their supposed finds without the following...

Receipt, Advertisement, Flyer, Name of Store, Location of Store

...because I'm really going to give you a 70% discount because some store in a place you can't remember was once selling the same item during some sale over the course of a holiday.

[quote name='studfool']I'm glad none of yall are salespeople. "oh kid your too young for that don't buy that"[/QUOTE]

there is a difference between not selling something because it's against store policy, and not selling something because you are a moron. for those of us who work in game stores, we could lose our jobs if we were to sell a "Mature" rated game to a minor. all it takes is an angry parent and a receipt (which contains the day of the transaction and the salesperson).

the salesperson who talked you out of buying a car was an idiot.

most of us who ask for ID for Mature games, are doing our job.

.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I don't have time to get to a store until late or right before closing, but I'm usually in and out in under 2 minutes if I have to be.

I've gone to Best Buy plenty of times right at 8:55, the door greeter always says "Sir, just to let you know we close in 5 minutes" but I am well out of the store with a purchase by 8:58 pm.

[quote name='Kapwanil']
My favorites, otherwise, have to be the people who threaten to never shop in our store again for minor reasons. 4 out of 5 times they will be back in the store within a week making purchases.
[/QUOTE]

Usually when a customer threatened to never shop at our store again, we really did hope that they never came back. Many asshole customers tend to be assholes everytime they come into the store.

[quote name='neocisco']More stories, please.[/quote]

ye ask, and I shall give. There was a customer that came in yesterday and just blew past the door person. She cited that her husband was coming in later and she didn't need to show the card now as he'll show it later. When stopped again she said that she had to go to the bathroom and that it was an emergency. The door person called our boss and sic'ed him on her. I was watching this from the exit side and saw her pushing people out of her way to go to the bathroom but our boss got in front of her, grabbed her arm and pointed her to the exit where there was a bathroom right outside. As he was leading her out, she looked at me and flipped me off, as if I'd done anything. I was talking with the door person and she had said that the gal had looked at her and flipped her off as well as she was leaving.

[quote name='-Blood_Rayne-']

[/QUOTE]
I seriously would have punched him or done some other thing I would eventually regret right there. That is one of the most retarded things he could have done.

How about "The customer is a thief."?

Yesterday while working, a group of three people traded in a bunch of games for credit. Unfortunally for them, one of them dropped the credit and they didn't notice.

This bitch woman did though, she eyed it hitting the ground then went back to her business, as she was leaving, she picked it up, looked at it and walked off.

We have the whole thing on camera.

So we voided the transaction, called up corporate and voided the credit, called around and notified other stores of the stolen credit and gave the kids another slip for credit.

I love it. :D

For the Walmart employees, I wanna start hearing stories about the new rule that if you're under 18 or over 65 and steal something under $25, you get yelled at but that's it. It's gonna be great

[quote name='OzCatter']For the Walmart employees, I wanna start hearing stories about the new rule that if you're under 18 or over 65 and steal something under $25, you get yelled at but that's it. It's gonna be great[/quote]

so five finger discount for minors and seniors at walmart? man i wish i was under 18

I was working in hell (Staples) one day in the computer department near the fax machines (for sale) and an old geezer comes and starts Bitching that the fax I sent for him didn't work. I point out to him that we only send faxes for customers in the copy center, so I couldn't have possibly sent his fax for him, and send him on his merry way.

I was returning something to Wal-Mart and the dumb broad in front of me was trying to return a fucking used toothbrush. The manager actually had a spine and set her on her merry way.

Not a dumb customer story but funny. I was working at Staples during the back to school rush, and we had every register running and like 5 people in line at each. I was getting something from the stock room for a customer when the power went off for like two seconds, thereby resetting all of our registers. Right on cue, I heard a loud "Oh Shit" from the general direction of the managers office.

Almost drove a forklift off a curb right in front of the manager. Never had to use one again. :applause:

TRU Hell:

Me: That'll be $12.00 ma'am.
Her: Hands me her Credit Card
Me: Runs Credit Card and gently sets it down in front of her
Her: Excuse me, are you disrespectin' me?
Me: ???
Her: Repeat of above
Me: Nooooo. I set you credit card down in front of you wallet. Is there a problem.
Her: I HANDED it to you and you set it down on the counter for me.
Me. Yes I did.
Her: Well, next time I'll disrespect you then.
Me: (Loudly at this point) HAVE A GREAT DAY MA'AM! (with a huge smile on my face.

I didn't get it. It was the X-Mas rush and I was actually in a good moof for once, and showing it. Some people need to get a bloody life. The HAVE A NICE DAY to the wench at the end sure perked my day up because it caused some good guffaws among my fellow employees.

^ I think she wanted you to hand her the credit card, but I don't know anyone like that pickey or know anyone who would pay $12 with a credit card, maybe a check so I could be wrong. :)

Trotsky, I get that shit all the time as well :)

There is a Borders next door to the TRU I work at, and they ask for your card so they can slide it. So EVERYONE who comes into our store either hands us their cards, tosses their cards at us, or places it down in front of us.

When we slide it for them (as you did) on the machine in front of them, they always respond with "Oh, I could do that". Then why didn't you?

It's weird because the biggest supermarket chain around my area has people slide their own cards and follow the instructions on screen. So I'm not sure what's up haha.

another story...kind of short.

A customer the other day randomly wanted to argue that Matt Leinert was on last year's NCAA Football video game. We both agreed that collegiate players cannot be paid, so it's always players that have been recently signed to a pro team. I told him there is no way that Leinert was on last year's cover because he and Reggie Bush (who is on this year's 07') were drafted the same year, this year, in the same round. That last year he was still a senior at USC. He wasn't having it and proceeded to make me look stupid in front of people I work with, because he was 100% sure Leinert was on the cover of last year's. I told him to call me back when he finds out the answer...but he said he lives in Washington

06- Desmond Howard
05- Larry Fitzpatrick
04- Carson Palmer (last USC player on the cover of a NCAA Football game)

I guess he assumed because I play video games, I couldn't be into sports :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Trotsky, I get that shit all the time as well :)

There is a Borders next door to the TRU I work at, and they ask for your card so they can slide it. So EVERYONE who comes into our store either hands us their cards, tosses their cards at us, or places it down in front of us.

When we slide it for them (as you did) on the machine in front of them, they always respond with "Oh, I could do that". Then why didn't you?

It's weird because the biggest supermarket chain around my area has people slide their own cards and follow the instructions on screen. So I'm not sure what's up haha.

another story...kind of short.

A customer the other day randomly wanted to argue that Matt Leinert was on last year's NCAA Football video game. We both agreed that collegiate players cannot be paid, so it's always players that have been recently signed to a pro team. I told him there is no way that Leinert was on last year's cover because he and Reggie Bush (who is on this year's 07') were drafted the same year, this year, in the same round. That last year he was still a senior at USC. He wasn't having it and proceeded to make me look stupid in front of people I work with, because he was 100% sure Leinert was on the cover of last year's. I told him to call me back when he finds out the answer...but he said he lives in Washington

06- Desmond Howard
05- Larry Fitzgerald
04- Carson Palmer (last USC player on the cover of a NCAA Football game)

I guess he assumed because I play video games, I couldn't be into sports :)[/QUOTE]

Fix'd

One Saturday at the car dealership I used to work for a teenager wondered in about five minutes after our parts and service departments had closed. I was chatting with a salesperson and the teen walks over to us:

Him: Excuse me, is anyone working in parts?
Me: Parts is closed along with service. They close at 5.
Him: So they're closed?
Me: It's 5:05, yes, they are closed.
Him: Damn. Is there any way I can get some parts?
-At this point I'm already getting pissed, this jack ass just isn't getting it -
Me: No, parts is closed.
Him: Damn. Can you get someone?
Me: No. We are closed.
Him: Damn. Well, when can I get some parts?
Me: Well, we're not open on Sundays, so you'll have to wait until Monday. We open at 7.
Him: So I can come then.
Me: Yes, and our parts department will be open.
Him: Okay.

I wanted to kill him. After he wondered off I asked the salesman if I wasn't making any sense to him either. He started laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back