XBOX Communicator Headset and Puck $4.99 - NEW

Is this as good as the Halo one? I heard that one is the best, and this one is $12 shipped so that kind hurts the deal unles this one is just as good.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Is this as good as the Halo one? I heard that one is the best, and this one is $12 shipped so that kind hurts the deal unles this one is just as good.[/quote]

The Halo headset from Plantronics is crap. Everything sounded muffled and the earpiece was very uncomfortable. IMO, the original headset from M$ is definitely better.

The original communicator is pretty rugged and is very comfortable - the Halo 2 is also of great quality - I prefer the original communicator b/c the Halo 2 headset is an "in the ear" headset - after long sessions the "in the ear" canal earpiece irritates my ear and almost gives me an earache. The sound qualitiy and mic sensitivity is perfect and sounds / works great - I use it with Forza, Halo 2, Crimson Skies, and Doom 3. No negatives whatsover and it is an original Microsoft produced item.

Here is a decent set that comes with the puck, & speakercom. They were what I was using until my cat chewed the wire.:bomb: It's an in the ear set, there comfortable ,or by the way they fit onto your ear you can let them sit on your outer ear. The sound quality in great, and they pick up your voice very easily. The speakercom is good to for Tom Clancy games, but you must push in the button to speak.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=801438

Just type in SAVER at checkout for free shipping. = $16 + change

Or if you already have the puck, you could go cheap like I did, buying a universal cell phone, over the ear version. I got one (pictured below) from Ebay for $1 + $2 shipping = $3, and they work fine. Oh, and I can use them on my home & cell phone, they came with a Nokia adapter too.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/cubicinch/headset.jpg

Picked a couple of these up at Sears on clearance for 2.97 ea in case you want to check there. Also got the Advanced AV pack new for 2.97 as well.

I bought this at the B&M store yesterday. It's refurbished, so it comes in a white box, but seems to work fine. I tested it on Karaoke Revolution, it registers fine but you gotta be loud sometimes.

bread's done
Back