Recommend me an "arcadey" racer

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm looking for a good racing game for PS2 or GCN. I really like Wave Race (N64/GCN) and Hydro Thunder (DC). I don't really like GT though. I'm looking to get something new - any recommendations?

Mario Kart DD
F Zero GX
(sorry to repeat but they deserve it)
Burnout 1 & 2 ( I prefer 2 because of the crash mode)

Burnout2 is the most fun I've ever had with a racing game. A friend and I have spent hours and hours racing. The crashes are very entertaining and the fact that risk-taking rewards you with boost really adds a lot to the game. I love the driving model, too. It's definitely on the arcade side, which I prefer.

Brien

I agree with the others. I love Burnout 2. I liked it enough to unlock everything in it. Now, it's $20 or less. You can't go wrong IMHO.

I would get Need for Speed: Underground. I'm currently playing it and it's the most fun I've had for a while playing a game.

Burnout 2, BITCH!

Sorry, it sounded like it had more "zazz" that way. But you can't go wrong with Burnout 2. I think it's one of the only arcade racers I've played that I've put 40 hours into. And I am so anticipating Burnout 3. A little over a month away... then the mayhem begins all over again.

Also, if you still have a DC, try to find San Francisco Rush 2049, if you haven't picked it up yet. It's very addictive and very fun.

For PS2, you may want to give Ridge Racer V a try. Yeah, it's pretty much 4 years old, and it's not that long, but it's still pretty fun and an enjoyable arcade racer.

As for which version of B2 to get out of GC or PS2, get the GC version, as it has 15 more crash junctions. The Gamecube version is the toughest to find, since it was only sold in games stores such as Gamestop and EB (never saw a copy of the GC version at a Best Buy, Circuit City or Target).

Burnout 2, Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed : Underground.

Those should keep you busy for a while.

Burnout 2, one of my top 10 games of all time. I think the xbox version is the best but don't let that stop you fro buying it for another platform.

[quote name='mmn']Burnout 2, Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed : Underground.

Those should keep you busy for a while.[/quote]

what he said...all excellent, excellent games my friend ;)

Add in my vote for Burnout 2 as well. (Looks like a majority win by a landslide) A very complete arcade racer for the home unit. I have it for the GC. You have championship, chase, and crash modes! Lots of variety in tracks. Replay value is high. Two players is excellent. Highly recommended.

I also have F-Zero GX, WaveRace:BlueStorm, Burnout 1, Extreme G III, XGRA, R:Racing Evolution, NASCAR Dirt to Daytona, and Freaky Flyers.

Burnout 2 is #1; and F-Zero GX, WaveRace, and R:RE are close seconds.

bread's done
Back